• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstood. I don't like Adolescence of Utena, and people have given me shit for it here.

Utena and Madoka, if they count. I saw Sailor Moon as a kid.

Pretty limited experience honestly. And I don't think Utena is considered as one, so you basically have Madoka, which isn't really the standard of the entire genre.

jman2050

Princess Tutu is a magical girl show in sort of the same way School Days is a romantic comedy. Except in an awesome, badass way as opposed to utterly depraved and hilarious.

Also Mashiro's voice is heavenly, you all are crazy.

cajunator

Banned

A winner is Pdot.

Recently My Sister Has Been Acting Unusual - Episode 1

F3KU9.gif

Lol. Perfect reaction gif!

Y'all best not be talking mess about Mashiro.

You have my sword

Jarmel

Banned
Golden Time-13

I'm starting to like Koko and dislike everything else. Fucking Poltergeist Banri threatening to mess everything up is pushing my bullshit meter.

giphy.gif

Mature

tumblr_inline_myu50hp9t91r0xfvx.gif

Saw this on Netflix and am glad I decided to check it out. This i what I imagine it would would be like if EviiLore owned property and only allowed NeoGAF members as tenants. I enjoy how one second it can be deathly serious and the next it can be the image above.
Haha, that's very accurate. Though a lot more bickering.

DiGiKerot

Okay, AnimeGAF, out of all the new series premieres that went up today, which ones are complete shit that I shouldn't bother with?

I've just got through watching Magical Warfare, and whilst there's a couple of cuts of genuinely pretty decent sword fighting animation, it's ludicrously generic light novel pap which predominantly looks like ass.

I've yet to check anything else from today out.

Mortemis

Banned
Samumenco 12

Mari's gonna end up yellow ranger isn't she... Episode was bland tbh, but here's to a better next episode!

So the new OP wasn't the new OP? Good, didn't like it, not nearly as much as the last one.

Quasar

If all you cared about was Hachiken and Mikage bumping uglies it might be, buts that not the point of the show.

Well its not the only reason I watch, but their relationship is a big part of it. Not that I need them to hookup straight away but I would like some progress.

Soma

Pupa Ep. 1

The superior imouto show of the season.

Nobunagun Ep. 1

The superior Nobunaga show of the season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Golden Time

What the fuck man. Just when I thought it couldn't get any more stupid, now
ghost Banri is going to haunt real Banri?

How can the mind that came up with Toradora make up such shit? It makes no sense!

Dresden

don't even want to catch up. Trigger should have just made daily eps of Inferno Cop for a year

would've been a superior product. Only thing you'll miss out on is a TWEEEST manufactured by a character
that can turn into anything. wow such surprise

jman2050

i mean if you want to rank it as worst show i can understand, personally rape/pee fetish anime is worst anime tho

I feel like we are always destined to be either the broest of bros or lifelong mortal enemies in any given season, with no inbetween.

Also KLK is good.

cnet128

Banned
Isn't every good human being a member of Team Mayaka?

No, because Chitanda is better than her in almost every way.

Samurai Flamenco 12

This kind of feels like a counterpart to Episode 8, in that it's the episode after the introduction of a crazy new status quo and it's not shaking things up too much, just sticking with that status quo and toying idly with its tropes, lulling us into a false sense of security until the show takes whatever mad turn it's got planned next.

Which is fine by me - Lord knows having some crazy massive twist every episode would be pushing it, and this more subdued episode gave us the opportunity to sit back and take a look at some of the elements that haven't really been touched on too much since the previous "arc" ended, such as how Gotou's dealing with the situation, how Masayoshi's "proper" career is going now that he's openly a goddamn sentai leader, and how Mari's doing lately (
hiding out at the hot policeman's place? Bet she's loving that. Or would be, if her spirit wasn't still thoroughly broken.
)

We also get to see some fun confrontations with the new enemies, which I found a fair bit more entertaining than episode 8's monster fights, since these enemies actually had interesting twists to their strategies (
taking hostages, which gave Hazama the opportunity to demonstrate his honourable and self-sacrificing nature while the other team members demonstrated what they were good at
, and
hilariously turning out to be a team of 34 blue-skinned mutants, which was of course utterly pointless since they all just turned into a single giant enemy for Flamen Robo to take care of anyway
).

From an in-genre point of view, this episode served as an opportunity for some team bonding among the Flamengers, solidifying them as a unit. Which is always nice, even if I have my doubts that they're going to keep functioning as one for much longer, since status quo is anathema to this show.

Anyway, liked the episode, the new OP is nice (though I don't think it's quite as perfect as the previous OP), and the new ED is pleasant enough too (I don't think I like it quite as much as the previous one yet, but then, that one took a bit of time to grow on me too, so we'll see. The creepy puppet dancing animation is cute, at any rate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom