• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I saw my little sister peeing in the Nurses office 2

tumblr_mk1e9uDeBa1s65qd7o1_500.gif

Syrinx

I've only seen previews.
Is it that bad, or are they hating on constant panty shots?

It's just something that you probably shouldn't be recommending to people who come in here saying they haven't watched much anime lately but are looking to get back into it. It has its audience, but that type of person is highly unlikely to be among them.

Jarmel

Banned
You think so? I think I might just be burned out on anime, haha. I tried to think of some "good" drama I had seen lately that had no action and was purely character driven, and aside from Flowers of Evil I came up blank.

Maybe I've just exhausted anime as an entertainment medium for me. I don't consider myself one to dislike character driven stories that lack action, but in fairness even most of the action oriented shows I'm watching are kind of dulling me down. I mean, I've seen Gundam before and Tomino is nothing if not a man who cannot grasp the concept of pacing. Getter Robo is a product of an era in which monster of the week was acceptable. Macross is a filthy mess. Golden Laws is drivel if I'm being completely honest. Most everything on The List is drivel. Orphen is okay if I'm in the mood for cliches. I don't think I've ever been as bored watching anime as I have watching Hyouka.

Outside of Paranoia Agent, Gundam Build Fighters, and KLK I'm either in a slump or just now coming to the realization that I don't have good taste and the things people who do have good taste watch are dreadfully boring to me. But frankly, I don't even care much about "taste" and the longer I'm here and the more I see certain posters make it a point to stand on their soapbox and tell everyone how dreadful their taste is, the more revolted I become with things. I'm not innocent of doing it, I guess, but I'm not really looking to make a moral stand here, either.

I think I'm just a bit burned out, heh.

Corvo, watch FMA Brotherhood. It's straight up your alley and it's not super long. I'm kinda surprised more people aren't recommending it as it's generally considered one of the best, and it's the type of show you would like.

Hyouka wasn't really a good fit for you and people should have known better based on the shows you like. Instead they get wrapped up more in the shows they personally like rather than what the person asking would.

789shadow

Banned
It's just something that you probably shouldn't be recommending to people who come in here saying they haven't watched much anime lately but are looking to get back into it. It has its audience, but that type of person is highly unlikely to be among them.
Poor Kave. He never suspected that we would try to kill him.

Gazoinks

If you're burned out on anime... Shouldn't you just not watch anime until you're not burned out anymore?

Anyway

World Conquest 1

It was alright. I'm trying to shrink my list, so I'm gonna drop it and see what others have to say for the next few episodes.

CorvoSol

Macross 30

OH GOD THE BABY CLOCKS.

THE BABY CHUCKING. SHE LITERALLY LOBBED HER FUCKING BABY THROUGH THE AIR.

HIKARU YOU BASTARD JUST SHUT UP AND KISS HER.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

wonzo

Banned
Samumenco 12

samuraiflam12.jpg

It took me a little while to get back into the right frame of mind for this but this show delivered the goods as usual, though it does still feel kinda weird with the focus on mostly the Flamengers and hardly anyone else. :(

Well, while I wouldn't watch it again, it is nice just for the different kind of art style.

Kave_Man, watch Tatami Galaxy instead!
Now that's more like it!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Strike Witches 2

So I didn't realize the major was an adult? Every woman other then the grandma so far has looked like a 12 year old.

As a shock to no one Yoshika has joined the war she hated so much all because she realized she's useless otherwise.

I question the qualifications of the major after her seeing Yoshika show up, she instantly puts all their hopes in her hands as she dives into danger. I am very impressed that not only does Yoshika learn to fly so easily she also instinctly knows to make a shield. Although I'll be fair and assume it's something they all learn as kids. But holding a gun the size of her and shooting it no problem? I find that slightly hard to believe.

Lastly one of the girls on the Strike Witches seems to be wearing tights, it's not pants but it's an upgrade.

really curious how they make detective conan OP's. its like endless shounen with new villains and scenarios, but DC maybe gets 1 new character every... year or 2 :O

I remember gintama had a joke about their's

789shadow

Banned
Strike Witches 2

So I didn't realize the major was an adult? Every woman other then the grandma so far has looked like a 12 year old.

As a shock to no one Yoshika has joined the war she hated so much all because she realized she's useless otherwise.

I question the qualifications of the major after her seeing Yoshika show up, she instantly puts all their hopes in her hands as she dives into danger. I am very impressed that not only does Yoshika learn to fly so easily she also instinctly knows to make a shield. Although I'll be fair and assume it's something they all learn as kids. But holding a gun the size of her and shooting it no problem? I find that slightly hard to believe.

Lastly one of the girls on the Strike Witches seems to be wearing tights, it's not pants but it's an upgrade.
Why are you sticking with this? STOP WHILE YOU HAVE YOUR SANITY

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 29

Ran's plan backfired pretty heavily there. Probably deservedly so since her plan was just to go up there and ask the students to just ask you questions instead of actually planning shit to talk to them about. Lazy.

Is Akane going to become a regular? I don't know if I want to deal with all that crying.

I'm so sick of that bullshit song they sang. First time I skipped the performance. Don't want to hear that one anymore.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 11:
They seem to be going through this fight pretty quickly. A lot happened in this episode, and there were quite a few reversals. Ippo starts out doing well, but
then he just falls into Sawamura's trap and gets pounded around by his strong technique. Even though he showed him that he was better than he thought, Ippo still has a ways to go until he can manage to pull out a victory.

I didn't feel like the animation was really completely up to par in conveying the fight, though. A lot of the punches didn't really feel like they had enough weight behind them, especially compared to what was going on.

CorvoSol

What was the criteria again after his request?

If you could pick 1 show, that wasn't mecha or List, what would it be? I was looking for something to replace Monogatari and/or Diebuster. It was a very nebulous criteria and I don't fault anyone for my dislike of Hyouka. Nobody is to blame here. It's just the way the chips fell.

Geneijin

If you could pick 1 show, that wasn't mecha or List, what would it be? I was looking for something to replace Monogatari and/or Diebuster. It was a very nebulous criteria and I don't fault anyone for my dislike of Hyouka. Nobody is to blame here. It's just the way the chips fell.
I understand. I just didn't like the accusation that people pushed their favorites onto you without proper consideration when it was more like a general request from you I believe.

Aikatsu! 29

Ran's plan backfired pretty heavily there. Probably deservedly so since her plan was just to go up there and ask the students to just ask you questions instead of actually planning shit to talk to them about. Lazy.

Is Akane going to become a regular? I don't know if I want to deal with all that crying.

I'm so sick of that bullshit song they sang. First time I skipped the performance. Don't want to hear that one anymore.

If she is not in the OP then no.

cajunator

Banned

I think Kino strikes a good balance that you would enjoy. Its episodic and can be watched at any pace. But its not too long and not hard to understand. Theres no slapstick but it can still be a bit playful on occasion.
its a great next series.

Jarmel

Banned
Then there was nothing wrong with the Hyouka suggestion.

There is little to nothing in common with the two.

I understand. I just didn't like the accusation that people pushed their favorites onto you without proper consideration when it was more like a general request from you I believe.

Also if you look at the types of shows he likes, Hyouka would have been closer to the tail end. Whatever, it's done.

CorvoSol

Macross 31

FUCK KAIFUN FOREVER WITH A RUSTY KNIFE.

WHY ARE YOU ACID TRIP DANCING SHE DUMPED YOU TWO YEARS AGO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

cnet128

Banned

I see a Miku Miyamoto Musashi at the bottom near the middle!

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 1

Oh my, this show is completely batshit insane XD Pretty amazing though. I looooooove the character designs in this, the girls are so cute it's unreal. I want to hug Kate so badly. She is the best thing. I do prefer her in her civilian mode to her Viniera-sama mode though. (Not that the latter isn't amazing in all sorts of ways.) Oh and that photo of her was gorgeous beyond belief.

I do kind of hope next episode the world/narrative starts to make a liiiiittle more sense though, because right now I am having a little trouble reconciling the fairly normal-looking urban setting that our surprisingly-likable MC and his friend Renge seem to belong to with all the crazy shit that's going on with tanks and giant floating tentacle creatures and I-don't-even-know-what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom