• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT. I should've stopped at 27. The SHOW should've stopped at 27. GOD DAMNIT. TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS.

FUCKING TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS.

I didn't know I could hate a mecha protagonist more than Shinn Asuka.

I didn't know.
We're not even there yet.

I knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT. I should've stopped at 27. The SHOW should've stopped at 27. GOD DAMNIT. TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS.

I didn't know.

Should have just watched DYRL.

cajunator

Banned
Super Dumbensional Fucking Messcross 32

VoFlFt5.gif

bXEUH4J.gif

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME WITH THIS BULLSHIT?

worse than E7AO?

Sakura Trick - 01 [rewatch]

Life is good. Life is great.

Its really quite..you :)

Space Dandy 02

This series seems more and more like Cowboy Bebop if Spike were an idiot. But it's been a fun series so far. And that soundtrack is funky. Looking forward to seeing where they go with Scarlet's character, because you know this won't be her only appearance.

yami4ct

Space Dandy 02

Had a ton more fun with this one. Humor isn't hitting as well as I'd like, still, but when the show hits it works amazingly well. The whole
Raman Dimension
scene was pretty brilliant.

The best part of this episode was the introduction of Scarlet. It's really nice to see a female character in this show that can kick ass, seems to be intelligent and isn't all sexed up. I was really worried we'd be stuck with Boobies females the whole time, but Scarlet is a completely welcome addition. Hope we get some more females of her quality as well as a ton more of her.

Still not 100% sold, but it's on the upswing.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yeah it totally seems watanabe is on a trend of his shows getting progressively worse and worse.

Cowboy Bebop > Samurai Champloo > Kids on the Slope > Space Dandy (so far).

;)

Narag

I didn't know.

lmao

CorvoSol

worse than E7AO?

No. I never thought that Ao was a terrible person. Or rather it was not because of Ao that AO was a horrible show.

Hikaru is a horrible person, though. Like a Grade-A Jackass.

EDIT: At this point Misa is an idiot for waiting 2 and a half years for an asshole like him.

Best girl is, and honestly always was, Claudia.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 15

This show makes me want to play an MMO. Those party dynamics. Despite the noobs' accomplishments, this one felt like a bit of a transitional episode (not filler), and I missed Shiroe. It was still very enjoyable though, and it still felt like it was over too soon.

Gazoinks

everyone loves this show for this right? Now that i know yall's real faces ill pass them to the feds!

I found the first episode pretty uninteresting, but I was also sleepy and had a headache when I watched it so maybe it wasn't a good impression. Can't stand that character design though.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: 7:
This was a breather episode, and a pretty good one. We get to know a lot of the characters who haven't had too much time focused on them yet (and Tokugawa's family was especially great), and we saw reflection and growth from some of those who have been particularly involved so far.I enjoyed seeing the different reactions of people on the ship to various situations.

cajunator

Banned
No. I never thought that Ao was a terrible person. Or rather it was not because of Ao that AO was a horrible show.

Hikaru is a horrible person, though. Like a Grade-A Jackass.

EDIT: At this point Misa is an idiot for waiting 2 and a half years for an asshole like him.

Best girl is, and honestly always was, Claudia.

Damn so its even worse then. An impressive feat.
I never had a problem with Ao either. I think that having watched AO before even completing E7 I may be able to appreciate the first series more. If I can just get past her goddanned kids.

Jarmel

Banned
Log Horizon 15-

Wow it's like none of them know about aggro.

Dumb ass DPS players screwing things up as always. 7/10 times, it's the DPS screwing things up.

CorvoSol

Damn so its even worse then. An impressive feat.
I never had a problem with Ao either. I think that having watched AO before even completing E7 I may be able to appreciate the first series more. If I can just get past her goddanned kids.

I saw Destiny before I saw SEED, which is why I'm like, the only person who doesn't think Destiny is unwatchable. So yes, seeing AO before E7 probably will do that to you. I also hated Eureka's children, for the course of the entire series. Beyond them, though, the cast really grew on me.

Milamber

I knew about aggro before I ever started a MMO semi-seriously. They didn't even know their class roles.

That said, they're complete beginners so whatever. Rudy however encapsulates all the worst elements of DPS players.

If you knew most of their back story, they just decided to play the game cause their friends/family were playing it. They were barely even gamers. So not understanding basic kiting techniques is pretty understandable.

What is aggro?

Basically, making the monsters start attacking you.

cajunator

Banned
I saw Destiny before I saw SEED, which is why I'm like, the only person who doesn't think Destiny is unwatchable. So yes, seeing AO before E7 probably will do that to you. I also hated Eureka's children, for the course of the entire series. Beyond them, though, the cast really grew on me.

Will give it another shot someday. Not sure when that someday is though.

What is aggro?

basically in mmos, you do damage to monsters your 'threat level rises', enemies target the ones with the most threat. healing generates threat too so they will attack your healers if they heal 'too much'.

tanks have threat generating moves 'taunts' and there skills while not that strong tend to have better threat modifiers.

CorvoSol

Will give it another shot someday. Not sure when that someday is though.

Watch FMP first. Then you can squee about how cute Tessa is.

SDFM 32

THIS IS A FUCKING MERRY GO ROUND. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SHIT. YOU DON'T GET TWO GIRLS HIKARU.

The worst part was Claudia takes the time to show us how, if this show had been about Focker and her, it would've been only several billion orders of magnitude a better show.

Fucking Merry Go Round here, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Log Horizon 15-

Wow it's like none of them know about aggro.

Dumb ass DPS players screwing things up as always. 7/10 times, it's the DPS screwing things up.

And then blaming the healer for their fuck up. Good times. :lol

So mean sounding....

This is giving me bad memories of facing Shandra Manaya in Tera online and not doing a very good job. I was a Berserker, and it was very frustrating..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Glad youre enjoying it. Do you think Koko is goddess material?

Yep! After watching episode 7 even coming around on Linda.

I really love the pacing of this show. It's not unbearably slow trodding that typically fills this genre, its like the polar opposite of shows like Toradora and Honey and Clover which is pretty refreshing although I do wonder how they stretch this out for 24 episodes given the really frenetic pace stuff moves at.

cajunator

Banned
basically in mmos, you do damage to monsters your 'threat level rises', enemies target the ones with the most threat. healing generates threat too so they will attack your healers if they heal 'too much'.

tanks have threat generating moves 'taunts' and there skills while not that strong tend to have better threat modifiers.

Thanks for explanation. I dont understand Mmo terminology so it limited my enjoyment of all the mmo based shows. Is there soms kind of MMO for dummies page online that explains stuff? Would help with Log Horizon a bit.

Watch FMP first. Then you can squee about how cute Tessa is.

SDFM 32

THIS IS A FUCKING MERRY GO ROUND. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SHIT. YOU DON'T GET TWO GIRLS HIKARU.

The worst part was Claudia takes the time to show us how, if this show had been about Focker and her, it would've been only several billion orders of magnitude a better show.

Fucking Merry Go Round here, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Ive seen FMP and Fumoffu. Good shows. Fumoffu I liked more because its comedy but the actual series wasnt boring that I can recall. That was over a decade ago though it seems like.
Tessa is a cutie though I like Chidori more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom