• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Sekai Seifuku 1

sekaiseifuku1.jpg

The character designs really turned me off this series when they were first revealed (well, that and the staff working on it) but I'm glad I have this a chance as this turned out to be one of the best opening episodes of anything I've seen airing in this rather disappointing season.

I do like Erica's confidence and smile.

Francesca Lucchini is my favourite character, though.
Erica is either my second or my third favourite character.

Space Dandy 2:
A big improvement over the first episode. I found this quite humorous and enjoyable, both in terms of the early jokes and some of the later moments in the episode. It wasn't perfect, but something along these lines would be fine by me.

Gazoinks

I havent heard the dub. Is it really miscast or just very different? Cowboy bebop had an excellent english cast that was well matched to the characters.

Aside from some possible translation issues (hard to tell if it'll be an issue from one episode), I liked the dub, although I thought JP Dandy was a little better. The main thing, though, is that I thought the jokes the dub added were funnier than most of the jokes in the Japanese script. "I can't read circle!"

Oh also:
Samumenco 14 12

Felt more business as usual than a big second half opening, but it was a pretty enjoyable episode. This show really has gone full toku. I wonder if it has any more surprises up its sleeve.

Jintor

Space Dandy 02

This show is fun as hell. Eye-popping and vibrant and just bursting with space-life and ludicrous bullshit.

Space Dandy - Episode 2

I liked this episode, a big improvement over last weeks. The humor was better, and it had a few good action scenes. The best part was when the
bandits told Dandy not to move, and he just freaks out XD

Nice episode.

Crocodile

Space Dandy 2

Anime continues to be saved :)

When was the last time a TV anime was this well animated? Fuck the boobs, the animation is the real fanservice!

cajunator

Banned
Aside from some possible translation issues (hard to tell if it'll be an issue from one episode), I liked the dub, although I thought JP Dandy was a little better. The main thing, though, is that I thought the jokes the dub added were funnier than most of the jokes in the Japanese script. "I can't read circle!"

Oh also:
Samumenco 14

Felt more business as usual than a big second half opening, but it was a pretty enjoyable episode. This show really has gone full toku. I wonder if it has any more surprises up its sleeve.

One thing I honestly love about well done dubs is they often throw in english specific jokes along with the translation. Many times its much funnier than theoriginal material. In that instance its ok to deviate.

CorvoSol

I knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT. I should've stopped at 27. The SHOW should've stopped at 27. GOD DAMNIT. TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS.

FUCKING TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS.

I didn't know I could hate a mecha protagonist more than Shinn Asuka.

I didn't know.

yami4ct

Space Dandy 2

Still good and probably Watanabe's best work, but I don't really have much to say about it.

Wait, wait, wait.........huh?!? I like Space Dandy quite a bit, but it's nowhere near Samurai Champloo and not even the same universe of quality as Bebop. Heck, I might even like KotS a bit more.

Wait, wait, wait.........huh?!? I like Space Dandy quite a bit, but it's nowhere near Samurai Champloo and not even the same universe of quality as Bebop. Heck, I might even like KotS a bit more.

I'm not really a Bebop fan and while I did like Champloo a lot, this has the potential to be much better. KotS was boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom