• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

ANN reports that it is a "slapstick drama set in a disappointing amusement park in the Tokyo suburbs".

W-wait guys. Maybe this one will actually be good this time! Yeah, three time's the charm ri-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvPqvkGA5I

...fuck.

Lol, sounds good enough for me. I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

Well, I'm not saying that it'll be good or anything, but don't KyoAni's pre-airing PVs always turn out awful? Maybe it'll be good lol! :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
KirbYayoi said:
BtfUEub.jpg
This shot is so good.

:'(

What is seen cannot be unseen. Either ways it was awesome, I just wasn't expecting it in a televized show. Not even Attack on Titan, which as far as I recall is the darkest I've seen a shonen JUMP manga go, did something like this. Assuming this is shonen action. It might not be too lazy to check.
You're watching the new Hunter right? Because this scene was significantly gorier in the manga and original anime.

zeroshiki

I don't get why people are being so negative. Its probably gonna be written by Shoji Gatoh since he's the LN author and the one guy he always collaborates with in KyoAni is Takemoto so this is the long awaited Hyouka followup series. The LN isn't even the KyoAni LN. Its the FMP LN label.

From the description, it seems to be a comedy about the cast trying to save a theme park from going under. That probably explains the Bonta-kun.

So its a comedy written by Gatoh. I thought everyone loved Fumoffu?

I am very hyped.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't get why people are being so negative. Its probably gonna be written by Shoji Gatoh since he's the LN author and the one guy he always collaborates with in KyoAni is Takemoto so this is the long awaited Hyouka followup series. The LN isn't even the KyoAni LN. Its the FMP LN label.

From the description, it seems to be a comedy about the cast trying to save a theme park from going under. That probably explains the Bonta-kun.

I am very hyped.

I want FMP S4.

Branduil

I am very hyped.

All KyoAni hype is dead until they actually redeem themselves.

Soma

I am very hyped.

After being burned so many times already, is it THAT much of a surprise people are preparing for the worst?

At least, maybe it'll be entertaining now that expectations have been lowered.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 14

Hana, you had ONE JOB
And you only passed because you saved your friends, who you kind of put in danger to begin with.

Kind of sad when you consider Oyajiide's state of affairs here.

Next episode is a Mother's Day episode.

Well fuck

Jarmel

Banned
I will say this, some of you fuckers want Fumoffu S2. Well this is probably as close as you're going to get.

*Cries in corner*

I would just settle for a decent translation of the novels at this point. Great, now I'm in the bargaining phase.

Crocodile

I will say this, some of you fuckers want Fumoffu S2. Well this is probably as close as you're going to get.

*Cries in corner*

I would just settle for a decent translation of the novels at this point. Great, now I'm in the bargaining phase.

Are you trying to imply Fumoffu wasn't godlike and that the universe wouldn't be enriched by a followup? Those are some blasphemous words sir!

I'd love more Full Metal Panic in the vein of Second Raid too though :(

Jarmel

Banned
Well this does confirm that KyoAni is willing to work with Kadokawa if need be, so there is that. It could also be a special case in that Gatoh has some level of influence in KyoAni. Possibly both. So at least the Hyouka fans should be happy about that.

I was kinda interested in Gatoh's other work though.
61127.jpg

Tilarna Exedilika, a novice knight that came from another world. Lacks common sense, an innocent beautiful girl.
Kei Matoba, a talented detective of San-Teresa police department. A clumsy man with cat allergy.
In the city that connects parallel worlds with hyperspace gates, the two were ordered to work together.
While being constantly at conflict, Matoba and Tilarna chase after a common enemy.
Gradually, a strange trust begins to develop between them.

----
A hyperspace gate opens above the west coast of America.
On the other side of it lies the world of fairies and monsters. People who live there call it Leto Semani, "Land of Man". Together with Gate, a huge island appears. Now it is named Caliena San-Teresa. It has become the front door to another world and home to over 20 million people. A place where magic culture and Earth culture overlap. The most beautiful and chaotic city glorified as "City of Dreams".
Cop Craft: Dragnet Mirage Reloaded seemed really interesting in a setting/tone level but I can see why Amagi got picked over it (in that Gatoh hasn't made much progress with Cop Craft and Amagi is closer to KyoAni's 'normal' stuff).

:'(

What is seen cannot be unseen. Either ways it was awesome, I just wasn't expecting it in a televized show. Not even Attack on Titan, which as far as I recall is the darkest I've seen a shonen JUMP manga go, did something like this. Assuming this is shonen action. It might not be too lazy to check.

Togashi actually started censoring HxH himself in the later portions of the manga since showing overt gore was riskier in modern Jump. As far as current stuff goes, it's most definitely the darkest WSJ series.

So yeah, totally not happy go lucky. It only gets bleaker and more depressing as it goes.

OceanBlue

That's not a PV for the anime; it's a PV for the LN from a year ago.

Ah, that makes sense. Well, although it'd be nice if this show was the next Hyouka, I think I'd be fine if I found the show entertaining. I've found pretty much everything Takemoto was involved in entertaining at least, and as zeroshiki said, the combination of him and Gatoh has been pretty good so far. I don't know if people should go into this with tons of hype, but I'm going to try it at least.

CorvoSol

I am very hyped.

I want FMP S4

Dresden

Well this does confirm that KyoAni is willing to work with Kadokawa if need be, so there is that. It could also be a special case in that Gatoh has some level of influence in KyoAni. Possibly both. So at least the Hyouka fans should be happy about that.

Cop Craft: Dragnet Mirage Reloaded seemed really interesting in a setting/tone level but I can see why Amagi got picked over it (in that Gatoh hasn't made much progress with Cop Craft and Amagi is closer to KyoAni's 'normal' stuff).

The Murata designs means that it's doomed to be Gonzo.

zeroshiki

The source material makes it much harder to.

Its a comedy about a bunch of people trying their best to save a failing theme park. Its not the most original thing in the world but other than the LN character designs, it doesn't really scream generic to me. Wait until the characters are Horiguchi-fied.

Fumoffu is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen so more of that type of show can only be a good thing.

Yeah, a big take away from this is that KyoAni has not retreated to just peddling their own shit and that they still do adaptations of other companies' properties. Of course this could just be Takemoto deciding to do his own thing (the talk during Hyouka was that he was the one who decided to pick it up) and the other directors don't get that luxury.

Branduil

So you're saying we could have had a show with Takemoto directing, Gatoh writing, a more interesting premise, and better character designs, instead?

It just gets worse and worse.

Ah, that makes sense. Well, although it'd be nice if this show was the next Hyouka, I think I'd be fine if I found the show entertaining. I've found pretty much everything Takemoto was involved in entertaining at least, and as zeroshiki said, the combination of him and Gatoh has been pretty good so far. I don't know if people should go into this with tons of hype, but I'm going to try it at least.

The worst part about the announcement for me is that the LN character art is terrible, but maybe KyoAni can fix that up. Otherwise Takemoto is a good director, so it comes down to if Gatoh can deliver on the writing front. The "next Hyouka" is obviously not going to happen, but I think it could be a solid comedy.

Shergal

Well if the comedy is like Fumoffu it could maybe work, but personally I'd have been down for an original show, so this is still a downer.

The designer might be Shoko Ikeda considering almost all the others are busy and she hasn't designed anything in a while.

Jarmel

Banned
So you're saying we could have had a show with Takemoto directing, Gatoh writing, a more interesting premise, and better character designs, instead?

It just gets worse and worse.

The last novel published for Cop Craft was in 2011 so I have no clue what's going on there. Gatoh might have hit a writing block or it might not be receiving the attention he wanted.

Also the characters are too old for KyoAni standards.

zeroshiki

Well if the comedy is like Fumoffu it could maybe work, but personally I'd have been down for an original show, so this is still a downer.

The designer might be Shoko Ikeda considering almost all the others are busy and she hasn't designed anything in a while.

Amagi Brilliant Park is super new, its only upto 2 vols, so it might as well be original. Gatoh is writing both anyway (assumedly).

The worst part about the announcement for me is that the LN character art is terrible, but maybe KyoAni can fix that up. Otherwise Takemoto is a good director, so it comes down to if Gatoh can deliver on the writing front. The "next Hyouka" is obviously not going to happen, but I think it could be a solid comedy.

K-On had really terrible art in the manga too so its not like KyoAni is shy about completely redesigning everything if they felt like it.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
So when I saw the artwork of Wizard Barristers, it instantly screamed Kite and Mezzo. I went to look it up just to see how much gore I'd have to expose myself to and discovered that the same guy, "Umetsu Yasuomi", also did the character design for Galilei Donna. What an amazing departure of style but at the same time, the violence in the hospital scene makes more sense now.

Erigu

Well, in retrospect you can kind of see why they did it. Clearly Kadokawa/KyoAni had plans to make a movie of Disappearance first
If I remember well (and I'm pretty sure I do), they initially intended for it to be part of the new TV series, as a 7 episode arc. And while they didn't say anything about that, I'm thinking the decision to turn it into a movie instead is the reason we got 7 extra servings of Endless Eight.

Amagi Brilliant Park is super new, its only upto 2 vols, so it might as well be original. Gatoh is writing both anyway (assumedly).

K-On had really terrible art in the manga too so its not like KyoAni is shy about completely redesigning everything if they felt like it.

Saw it in 2ch
監督:武本康弘
シリーズ構成:米澤穂信
プロデューサー:伊藤敦
実写ドラマ版とのコラボもあり

Seems will be direct by Yasuhiro Takemoto,written/screenplay by Honobu Yonezawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom