• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 22

And Kimitaka was written out of the show on a good note. Welp.

Welp. He confessed at least. Welp. Implications

EstHIR8.jpg

J-j-just one more episode, guys!

lol

also is it just me but the animation is getting worse? Or is that intentional?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mikakunin 2

Both the precocious loli and the oneesan obsessed with molesting her are such insufferable characters that whatever interest I have in seeing how this plot unfolds is overwhelmed by the sheer displeasure I feel whenever either of them are on screen. I know that I was positive about the first episode of this, but in retrospect I'm fairly certain that this was a byproduct of desperation to convince myself that I wasn't actually hating everything airing this season. I think I'll shelve this for now and someone can let me know later if Benio gets run over by a train.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura trick - 02

i'm 200% satisfied by this episode .

This is ALL.

i kinda want to post a screencap but i won't be able to choose 1 scene , so i'd rather not post any.

Such a magnificent garden.
Brace yourself Sdburton !

I'm on my way home from work right now. Soooooooo excited!

Aim for the Top! Gunbuster! - 2

Wow. There's a lot of Einstein time-dilation physics going on here. Not only does our hero
have a soul-crushing moment where she thinks that there may be some hope of her father being still alive, but she just lost 6 months of time aboard the ship.

This looks like it'll get really heavy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mikakunin 2

Both the precocious loli and the oneesan obsessed with molesting her are such insufferable characters that whatever interest I have in seeing how this plot unfolds is overwhelmed by the sheer displeasure I feel whenever either of them are on screen. I know that I was positive about the first episode of this, but in retrospect I'm fairly certain that this was a byproduct of desperation to convince myself that I wasn't actually hating everything airing this season. I think I'll shelve this for now and someone can let me know later if Kobeni gets run over by a train.
But she's the perfect waifu, etc. lol
It's weird, because this feels like a shoujo with arranged marriage hijinks, but it also feels like it's made for guys with the sister stuff.

---

Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo Amazing Twins
I totally forgot about the SatoJun OVA that came out last year.
sd52W9al.jpg

It feels like a combination of LWA - at least the magic show part - and X-Men of all things, with mutants magic users feeling persecuted by muggles.
So of course our heroine is basically on the Professor Picard side of the spectrum while some evil maniacal guy wants to control her in order to show the true power of magic users and yaddayaddayadda.

Probably the weirdest thing to me was the tone shift at the end, since all of a sudden a girl is just murdered out of nowhere in front of the Akane's eyes and that causes her to start using her powers. It was just a simple slice of life magic thing before that, until the stakes were suddenly raised.

I suppose the next OVA will have her learning to embrace her powers to defeat the baddies, while the other baddie does a heel turn. Basically the Symphogear arc but without the extra padding.

Maybe I'm just used to assuming SatoJun's shows will be low impact and pleasant experiences... I wasn't really expecting a shounen anime with girls.

CorvoSol

Somebody help me I'm 40 minutes into Hermes: The Winds of Love and . . . it's good. Like, it isn't remarkable, save by comparison to other Happy Science movies. There's no generic moving orchestral pieces. There's no looooooooooooong boring speeches or overbearing preaching youngster.

I'm 40 minutes into the movie and it's about how this dude Hermes busts into King Minos' castle to rescue his babetacular daughter. It horribly butchers Greek mythology and I'd be fine with that if not for the "all of this happened" sticker at the start, but hey, whatever. It's not beating me over the head with its message so far. It's just telling me a story which is, as far as Happy Science movies go, fairly sane, reigned in, and entertaining.

cajunator

Banned
Once upon a time Winston Churchill approached an actress and said, "Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?" She responded, "Well, I don't know, I would consider it." He then said, "Would you sleep with me for one pound?" and she remarked, "What sort of woman do you take me for?" He said, "We have already established that, madam, and are now negotiating the price."

I feel like I know how that woman felt.

Are you suggesting that you are just some harlot who can be sold to the highest animu bidder?
Nay Raven, you are OUR beloved harlot <3

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mikakunin 2

Both the precocious loli and the oneesan obsessed with molesting her are such insufferable characters that whatever interest I have in seeing how this plot unfolds is overwhelmed by the sheer displeasure I feel whenever either of them are on screen. I know that I was positive about the first episode of this, but in retrospect I'm fairly certain that this was a byproduct of desperation to convince myself that I wasn't actually hating everything airing this season. I think I'll shelve this for now and someone can let me know later if Benio gets run over by a train.

How could you? :(

cnet128

Banned
Once upon a time Winston Churchill approached an actress and said, "Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?" She responded, "Well, I don't know, I would consider it." He then said, "Would you sleep with me for one pound?" and she remarked, "What sort of woman do you take me for?" He said, "We have already established that, madam, and are now negotiating the price."

I feel like I know how that woman felt.

What price must I pay to help you entertain yourself?!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 23

Orihime is real, and is pissed at her boyfriend. Interesting take for Tanabata episodes, while giving us a new world "Star World". Universe for this show is pretty wide.

Hana's wish though... feels like another leap into the bad vibe pile for me.

Any good films people are recommending lately?

Last I watched was Wolf Children, and I'm itching for more.

If you liked Wolf Children, there are others from Mamoru Hosoda that are good like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Satoshi Kon is also a safe bet with any of his films. I prefer Tokyo Godfathers myself.

Edit - People here liked the recent Blue Exorcist film, which is standalone and doesn't require any prior knowledge of the series.

If you liked Wolf Children, there are others from Mamoru Hosoda that are good like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Satoshi Kon is also a safe bet with any of his films. I prefer Tokyo Godfathers myself.

Edit - People here liked the recent Blue Exorcist film, which is standalone and doesn't require any prior knowledge of the series.

Tokyo Godfathers was recommended to me before, I'll give that shot, thank you. Will also check out Satoshi Kon's films.

Already seen the other two, should of mentioned what ones I've seen sorry.

cajunator

Banned
Mikakunin 2

Mashiro is the solution to animes problems. Dont you be hating her :(

"A whore is a whore no matter whore much whore pimp loves whore."

You are the bestest whore iin animegaf!
*hugs Corvy

jman2050

I finally know what its like to be myself.

The KLK haters are seriously annoying.

Wait that first sentence doesn't actually make any sense.

Also some KLK haters are annoying. Some of them have perfectly reasonable justifications that they may just be unable to get past and the show certainly isn't perfect. On the other hand some have put it under an unusually intense scrutiny for no other reason than the people making it and I don't think that's completely fair.

Then you have Brandy doing his usual annoying brand of instigating but that's more of an overarching issue than anything having to do with KLK in particular!

jman2050

You know, of all sibling permutations, the only thing I actually don't have is a little sister. I have a little bro, a big bro, and two older sisters, but a kid sister I have not.

Do you have a younger female cousin/niece whose parents and other immediate family members may conveniently be away for an extended period thus necessitating an unlikely unexpected living arrangement with you?

CorvoSol

Do you have a younger female cousin/niece whose parents and other immediate family members may conveniently be away for an extended period thus necessitating an unlikely unexpected living arrangement with you?

I don't know about that last part, but I have two younger female nieces I tend to dote on, if you can call "being really happy when I see them once or twice a year" as doting.

jman2050

Closest thing I had to any female sibling was when my cousin and her two grade-school age daughters lived with my family for a year or thereabouts (what, you thought I was kidding with that last post? Ha!)

I'll just say I remain content with having only brothers.

CorvoSol

Doesnt it make you wish you had an imouto?

Eh. When I was younger I wanted a little sister to fill out the set. Nowadays I'm pretty ambivalent on it.

At least you have someone who can brush your teeth! lol

There's so much wrong with this image :(

Thats the only sibling I have -___-. Kind of wish I also had a brother.

My brothers rock.

Ohohoho

I see whats going on here!

Dote is also a word I use to mean "pick on." As in "My cousin would not stop teasing me for having to gut the fish on the family campout, so I flung some at her."

cnet128

Banned
I don't know about that last part, but I have two younger female nieces I tend to dote on, if you can call "being really happy when I see them once or twice a year" as doting.

Legit jealous now.

I only ever had brothers, and always wanted a little sister. This sounds like the next best thing.

CorvoSol

Legit jealous now.

I only ever had brothers, and always wanted a little sister. This sounds like the next best thing.

I guess? I dunno. I only see them once or twice a year. They're definitely my favorite cousins, but that's not a hard competition to win for the elder of the two (since she is my only cousin on my mother's side). The younger of the two is the daughter of the favorite of my dad's sisters, so that probably helps.

I'm jealous of you for having a brother. Little sisters can be very annoying.

As the middle brother in my family, lemme tell you that as comrade as your bros can be, that doesn't mean they won't ever annoy you. Considerably less in adulthood, though.

I guess? I dunno. I only see them once or twice a year. They're definitely my favorite cousins, but that's not a hard competition to win for the elder of the two (since she is my only cousin on my mother's side). The younger of the two is the daughter of the favorite of my dad's sisters, so that probably helps.

As the middle brother in my family, lemme tell you that as comrade as your bros can be, that doesn't mean they won't ever annoy you. Considerably less in adulthood, though.

True but do they scratch you.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 6

First time Doremi and the others didn't scold Hana-chan for the way she used her magic. Probably because they've done similar things multiple times.

Poor turtle.

CorvoSol

An hour into Hermes: The Winds of Love and so far this movie is actually really good for a Happy Science movie. That battle of Minos was almost exciting!

True but do they scratch you.

Yes. When I was like, 5 they called me "Tiger Boy" cuz I'd throw fits and scratch and bite people.

An hour into Hermes: The Winds of Love and so far this movie is actually really good for a Happy Science movie. That battle of Minos was almost exciting!

Yes. When I was like, 5 they called me "Tiger Boy" cuz I'd throw fits and scratch and bite people.

Hmm. I guess its a child thing because thats what my sister used to do lol and kind of still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom