• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think much of White Fox in terms of the general level of their productions but they're not offensively bad or lazy like SHAFT often are.

I was watching more stuff from Shaft recently and it made me really appreciate how artistic they are to make up for cost cutting. They really use some fun trick and effects and things that are just charming. My favorite overall studios are probably JC Staff, Shaft, and KyoAni.

2nuubyuou 2 3: Jim Carrey

I feel I must still ride the "KyoAni is wasting its potential" train for some more stops. With their skills at great battle animation and colorful spells they could have made something like a action Harry Potter anime by now. Similar to KnK without any of the moe girls or bad characters.

I'm going to assume their stuff sells well in Japan seeing how quality hasn't dropped in animation. But this'd be the equivalent of a very talented video game developer making iphone games.

Chimera ants absorbs DNA!

Mmm I think I played a video game with the same theme.

You're saying that like it somehow makes it less funny that there's a penguin. A straight up penguin. Walking around.

cnet128

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 2

lol Amaterasu

Inari is love. This is all that really needs saying. Love love love love love.

Sumizome-san is nice too, is it wrong if I hope Inari ends up spending more time with her than with her existing friends?

...Hang on though,
where was Kon when the two of them were stuck inside the storage building? You'd think Inari might have been able to send the little guy (girl? What gender is Kon??) out to do something about the door instead of transforming herself. Damn mascots, never around when you need them.

CorvoSol

I don't think she's dumb outside of that one episode. She's naive and gullible, but that's not exactly the same thing.

I dunno. I mean she was ditzy at best, but the sheer number of obvious things Hotaro has had to point out to her all piled up till it was "My name is Chitanda and I can't remember what happened 3 hours ago because I'm a goldfish."

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26

I

WHAT

What in the bloody hell was that ? :("The End of Evangelion" movie here I come.

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS

cajunator

Banned
on the other hand, SHAFT's highs are much higher

Yes.
Very very high.
YlkZroL.gif

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 108

Pretty Cure! METAMORPHOSE! The King is undergoing a change. He cannot kill this "Komugi" girl.

And things are about to happen.

Inari Konkon 2

Lame episode. I'm sorry but I really could care less about the little girls crush on the guy and the cringeworthy teenage drama. I'm only watching this to see the relationship between the older brother and Uka.

I take what I said back in my previous post.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 109

Knov's hair is white with fear. God damn, they went the lengths to show how much Shia Lapouf's aura fucked him up.

With one last thought from our main guys (sans Chairman Nutella) we have 10 minutes until shit goes down.

phaze

Your life will never be the same phaze.

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Ah, have fun with that.

:(

I wonder what the general reaction to this was, back when it aired, because I feel trolled. How can you end the show without resolving anything ?

Prepare your mind

66cu1oe.gif

Still one of the greatest shows in the medium.

After episodes 25 and 26 I feel I'm ready for anything they can throw at me lol.

Fact: Better ending than Breaking Bad.

My choice of dropping BB after first few eps redeemed.
KuGsj.gif

cajunator

Banned

I wonder what the general reaction to this was, back when it aired, because I feel trolled. How can you end the show without resolving anything ?

After episodes 25 and 26 I feel I'm ready for anything they can throw at me lol.

My choice of dropping BB after first few eps redeemed.
KuGsj.gif

Everyone felt trolled. that was the beauty of it!
Then Anno trolled everyone again with EOE.

cnet128

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 3

ibmpqro7ymMzdt.gif

Hakuya keeps working towards his doomed ambition of becoming the next Seki-kun.

iCHoBUn2Niomc.gif

Mashiro keeps working towards her already-achieved ambition of becoming the most adorable thing on the planet.

iE2GXkaTZPDpD.gif

Kobeni is an excellent role model for Mashiro on her path to ultimate cuteness.

I love this show.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 110

Really is the longest arc. And there's still a shit ton more things to cover before we're done with the Chimera Ant arc.

Final assault finally begins, with doubts that their plan will be a success because of third party games.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 49-60

That fight between Chrollo and the Zoldycks was amazing (it was nice to see someone do any kind of damage against the spiders, aside from Kurapika.)

That said, I'm sad to see Yorknew City's arc end, but Greed Island looks interesting at least. (
Too bad Ging is a dick
)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tokyo Ravens Episode 14 -

Douman seemed like so a midboss. He was in surprise half the time.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 15 -

New OP and ED. They aren't as good as the first ones :S

A lot of reused animation in the OP.

Looks like MC is trying to do the spell Otoomo did, and if the OP is any standard to go by, he will be able to do it at some point. Hopefully he can end up badass soon since its pretty much been him being ineffectual.

CorvoSol

It changed anime for years. Sometimes other anime succeed at resolving nothing
THE BIG O
and others suck at their attempts to ape EVA.

I don't care if I got trolled. It was worth it. Yu rarely see anime these days like Eva that have the guts to go truly insane, where scenes are carefully drawn usually with foreshadowing and small nods to characterisation, where there are no "filler episodes ' where its no longer about pandering to an audience but following what the director wants even if its batshit insane.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 23

What's this? Do I smell a mid-season climax?

Syrup tries to be a dirty traitor and take the Rose Pact to Eternal, but he's not very good at the whole not-being-a-good-guy thing, and changes his mind before he even hands it over. (To be fair, after witnessing that massive smile on Nozomi's face as she freely handed the Rose Pact to him, even the most stony-hearted villain would be falling apart with guilt.)

Meanwhile, the Cures take the opportunity to, erm, hitch a ride on Never Tacos (lol) and head to Eternal's home ground themselves. Are we going to have a fight with the nasty snake woman? Yes please!

Kazzy

I don't care if I got trolled. It was worth it. Yu rarely see anime these days like Eva that have the guts to go truly insane, where scenes are carefully drawn usually with foreshadowing and small nods to characterisation, where there are no "filler episodes ' where its no longer about pandering to an audience but following what the director wants even if its batshit insane.

Evangelion totally has filler (recap) episodes.

cajunator

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 3

ibmpqro7ymMzdt.gif

Hakuya keeps working towards his doomed ambition of becoming the next Seki-kun.

iCHoBUn2Niomc.gif

Mashiro keeps working towards her already-achieved ambition of becoming the most adorable thing on the planet.

iE2GXkaTZPDpD.gif

Kobeni is an excellent role model for Mashiro on her path to ultimate cuteness.

I love this show.

Mashiro and Kate are in very close competition for most adorable thing ever.

This is amazing.

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 16

BXUZP7Rl.jpg

Some old fashioned creature animation here would have gone a long way.

Didn't even realize Sado was Shigeru Chiba until that voice crack *shakefist* That said,
really liked the alien artifact stuff. Seemed like some scifi homages what with the Giger-ish alien hive and the hologram reminiscent of Princess Leia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom