• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26

I

WHAT

What in the bloody hell was that ? :("The End of Evangelion" movie here I come.

good gooooooood!

:(

I wonder what the general reaction to this was, back when it aired, because I feel trolled. How can you end the show without resolving anything ?

After episodes 25 and 26 I feel I'm ready for anything they can throw at me lol.
KuGsj.gif

Think again!

Yes.
Very very high.
YlkZroL.gif

your package of cute has arrived

Bombless

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 3
ibmpqro7ymMzdt.gif

Hakuya keeps working towards his doomed ambition of becoming the next Seki-kun.

Perfect gif. You can almost TASTE the tension!
He's not going to make it, is he? :(

Don't tell me, will watch :p

In other news, on the topics of EDs of this season, so far 3 stick out :

Wooser S2 - because DISCO!
HIbD9Ry.gif

ZA FUURU! - because WUBWUBWUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QlRvh2lDM8

Tonari no Seki-kun - because of the music and because Yokoi is too damn cute in this segment
Vts7Not.gif

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 110

Really is the longest arc. And there's still a shit ton more things to cover before we're done with the Chimera Ant arc.

Final assault finally begins, with doubts that their plan will be a success because of third party games.

Jesus it's not over by then? Good thing I barely just started the arc and nothing major has happened. I might take it slow until the arc ends. I don't know how prepared I am to watch 30 or so episodes to not get any pay-offs PLUS having to wait weekly for next installments.

Might start any of my backlog shows.

cnet128

Banned

Tonari no Seki-kun - because of the music and because Yokoi is too damn cute in this segment

Nah, Mikakunin has best ED.

Best OP, too.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 24

LIGHTSABERS
!!! They got fucking
LIGHTSABERS
!!!

Best. Powerup. Ever.

Jesus it's not over by then? Good thing I barely just started the arc and nothing major has happened. I might take it slow until the arc ends. I don't know how prepared I am to watch 30 or so episodes to not get any pay-offs PLUS having to wait weekly for next installments.

Might start any of my backlog shows.

There's definitely a slew of fights that I'm slowly recalling that haven't happened yet.

Namek x Namek 111-113

I'm not sure how long the general slow pace of this segment continues on, but depending on that situation, I might play the waiting game in order to binge it. It does give the feeling that a lot of shit is going down, and that it's rather hectic. It also showcases Killua's biggest mistake here. And that is splitting from Gon. And I am now up to date!

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 25

Oh hey, they finally managed to trick...er, "convince" Syrup to live at the shop. They've only been trying to do that for the whole series. Silly homeless Syrup.

And this new villain duo actually seems pretty cool. They're always completely pokerfaced and repeating what each other say, but they don't mess around when it comes to battle. Heck, they don't even seem to bother with Hoshiina - they just transformed and battled for themselves. That's quite the rare occurrence for a Precure villain!

cajunator

Banned

HIbD9Ry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QlRvh2lDM8

Vts7Not.gif

I agree on Wooser and Tonari. The best EDs this season are from truncated shows.

fuckin man tears. they dont understand.

Aikatsu! 42

Well that Summer tour blew by fast, with a very intimate cruise with the fans, and learning more about American Aikatsu.

Star Anis is no more. That little girl should somehow be the new protagonist for Aikatsu.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kemonozume end

quick thoughts edition:

I was seriously half expecting that
Yuasa was going to be the biggest troll ever and at the end when they're both skydiving and kissing that Yuka would monster him like in the little short before the opening in episode 7 D: So glad that didn't happen, it was cute seeing their kid in the ending credits

Anyway, the final 2 eps did feel a bit like
like the show was jumping the shark, really i preferred the first half of the show with the bursts of comedy to the feverish dream of the second half, the turning point being when Ooba takes the spotlight.
That being said, i felt the development of the first half was strong enough to support the craziness of the second, very entertaining show overall.

Anyway, in the end the take-home message is that monster waifus really are the best and Yuasa is one of us

Hair does not work that way.
Alien technology

The Eccentric Family 08

That has to suck. To carry all that guilt.

that ep made me tear up a bit
It ...was raining that day.

It is... until you realize how limited it is.
A painfull realisation
Yamato 2199 - 17
Yeah, I was ready to punch something.
i would have too , if i wasn't actively expecting something to happen

Phi Brain Season 3 Episode 16 - The Journey Ends
tumblr_mztwr14CsH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I had to keep rewatching that scene with Enigma because it was too hilarious and amazing, and his pose there was stunning. Good puzzle and just mind blowing development.
Orpheus is going to be incredible though I Guess it kind of eliminates hopes that the anime will go 25 more episodes after this season, as Phi Brain seems like it would be final boss of this anime

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 19

Feels like a lot of stuff is coming together early which is nice as I'm not left with my usual feeling of "how are they going to resolve this with just x episodes left?" Ending of this one has me so damn hyped too. omg :(

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 87
tumblr_mznujnCoCL1qfm2vzo4_500.gif

Prefer the Omega saints and the power of omega, but the gold saints and big bang and such against Hyperion is one of the better fights of the arc too. The song choice though was rather weak as it felt too classic and other of place.

Phi Brain Season 3 Episode 16 - The Journey Ends
tumblr_mztwr14CsH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I had to keep rewatching that scene with Enigma because it was too hilarious and amazing, and his pose there was stunning. Good puzzle and just mind blowing development.
Orpheus is going to be incredible though I Guess it kind of eliminates hopes that the anime will go 25 more episodes after this season, as Phi Brain seems like it would be final boss of this anime

Well about a season after this one , they can still make another season like the second one with a team of antaognist aside from the "puzzle of god" main plot.

Another Pog structure or someone believing that they can "surpass the ring" or better a classical world domination sub plot.

They have still plenty of possibilities and that's not taking into account a "bad ending" in this one leading to more events in a later season.

because we don't know
what are orpheus capabilities , but if he makes a lot of damage while active , we could have a reasonable escuse for another season too.

Or they could change the cast ( bad idea IMO ) and start a "true" sequel with new faces ( kaito as rook gakuen principal , anna as a teacher , nonoha as a sport teacher , rook still has the head of pog , ect ect and new students )

Nafe

Gundam Build Fighters

Episode 15

jSxJkxLNhtkLA.jpg

Since I'm not that familiar with the series maybe this shot is commonly used in Gundam anyway but it reminded me of the little bit of Wing that I did see.

Normally with a lot of episode comments I don't really post as it seems I'd just be repeating others or commenting on the obvious, and while this particular episode will ultimately not deviate from that thought, I just felt it was so much fun I had to echo others sentiments about it.

There was just so much "shonen heart" type emotion in this episode. As has been mentioned the starting the fight off with
both sides acknowledging the other via a headbutt.
Followed by the using the battlefield and tactics such as the from the hip saber and the booster as well as
not only does wing have an energy/laser cape but it's wrapped around its fist to add to its punch at the Star Build Strike!
I can't say I've ever seen that before,haha.

Hints towards the larger story, seeing some back-story for Fellini and just seeing everyone in the audience like Mihoshi/Kirara really just feeling the emotions of the battle.
All kinds of good moments.

I thought it was a nice way to end the battle where
both Gundams slump into each other kind of holding each other up. It just seemed to be another visual way of showing the fighters spirit in having their Gundams kind of give each other a "Good Game".

I just really had fun with this episode pretty much the entire way through. I hope the upcoming singles battles are this much fun. :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

http://i.imgur.com/HIbD9Ry.gif[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QlRvh2lDM8[/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Vts7Not.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Everything in this post is objectively correct.

Detective Conan 287:
Yukiko is hilarious as always. She was so surprised to find out how fast Shinichi is growing up. Even still, seeing this pre-series Shinichi is interesting because he's a little less experienced, so he doesn't always know everything when he starts talking. He gives a pretty good run down, but he still doesn't have all the facts. Only downside to this episode was that Sharon dipped out so early; there really needed to be more scenes with her in it.

Defuser

Inari Konkon Koi no Iroha ep 2
Perfect episode with a blend of comedy and adorable crush. Looks like Touka finally enter the picture so hurry up and start the real romance story of Touka and Uka.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters

Episode 15

Normally with a lot of episode comments I don't really post as it seems I'd just be repeating others or commenting on the obvious, and while this particular episode will ultimately not deviate from that thought, I just felt it was so much fun I had to echo others sentiments about it.

There was just so much "shonen heart" type emotion in this episode. As has been mentioned the starting the fight off with
both sides acknowledging the other via a headbutt.
Followed by the using the battlefield and tactics such as the from the hip saber and the booster as well as
not only does wing have an energy/laser cape but it's wrapped around its fist to add to its punch at the Star Build Strike!
I can't say I've ever seen that before,haha.

Hints towards the larger story, seeing some back-story for Fellini and just seeing everyone in the audience like Mihoshi/Kirara really just feeling the emotions of the battle.
All kinds of good moments.

I thought it was a nice way to end the battle where
both Gundams slump into each other kind of holding each other up. It just seemed to be another visual way of showing the fighters spirit in having their Gundams kind of give each other a "Good Game".

I just really had fun with this episode pretty much the entire way through. I hope the upcoming singles battles are this much fun. :)

BEST EPISODE OF GUNDAM SINCE G or BEST EPISODE OF MECHA SINCE 2009?

Vecks

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 2

Geez, that cliffhanger... Have to wait a week to see what's up with that.
I figured he could see her from the first ep, but... I can't guess why he'd be so angry.
And... wow... Uka's outfit. That's quite, um... something.

Aria: S1-S3 + OVA

I could not handle all the feels in the end. Truly a wonderful and relaxing series. I will definitely be adding this entire series to my collection in the near future!

Nafe

Kamen Rider Gaim 14

Urobuchi.

UROBUCHI.

Yeah, I thought it was one of the better or maybe even the best episode of Gaim yet. It was a nice kind of revelations/things are getting serious type episode. Some details were outright confirmed to the audience and the characters in the show are getting to be aware of them as well. As was mentioned in the one interview you posted, it is a kids show that airs on Sunday morning, so we'll see how dark or serious it gets.

It's kind of funny talking about Shinichiro Miki lately as he's the one doing the voice for the new belts. I like how it's kind of silly in that they're soda themed and the different powers are different flavors but they do it all with a completely straight face,haha. Their bow weapons still look like they're fighting with kids toys though.

BEST EPISODE OF GUNDAM SINCE G or BEST EPISODE OF MECHA SINCE 2009?

I don't know what G Gundam is and haven't really seen much Gundam so I don't know. It was a pretty good episode though.

zeroshiki

So I was in Sanjo Station in Kyoto yesterday and I just realized that all(?) the characters in Inari Konkon Iroha are named after train stations in Kyoto.

ph_panel1.jpg

Fushimi Inari, Tanbabashi, Sumizome and Sanjou are stations on the Keihan Main Line and these boards are set up at the respective stations per character.

The main girl has the double honor of being named after the Fushimi Inari station AND the Inari Fushimi Shrine (its the shrine she goes to with the orange arches, its a really famous shrine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom