• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chunibyou 3
Good Rikka. Seal Yuta down. Dont let her anywhere near him.

I really like how the show fully acknowledges that you expect it to get into
love triangle
bullshit and completely subverts it.

Or it looks like anyway at first blush. Pretty obvious that
loser girl
wants to not be a loser but her destiny is sealed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BTW should I eventually watch One Piece? I always see it has a huge following but what is AnimeGAF's opinion? It's pretty overwhelming but I'm willing to watch it throughout the years if it's recommended.
As an anime it's not really worth your time. 225 to about 280 is almost amazing enough to make up for all the poorly paced dreck you have to wade through, but considering there are about 500 other episodes, not really.

Remember, both HxH adaptations were done for complete stretches of source material and were paced much much better as a result. Same for Hajime no Ippo.

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 20

Mz0U5Nhl.png

x49LTTy.gif

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kantesugu & Keiji 19

lmao I think Kanetsugu's personal ninja has a pet dinosaur or some shit. I sure as fuck couldn't tell due the CG effects overlaid on top of it.

ok it was a really big cat and/or wolf instead once i got a better look at it.

Jarmel

Banned
Inari-2

I don't know if I can take this love triangle bullshit. I mean we're not even on episode 3 and she's cried more Kanna has. Also does nobody have cellphones?

Narag

There seems to be A LOT of anime-style stuff on ADHD.

IIRC Faithless said she had a few of these to run over the course of some weeks.

edit: hey, found the post.

Yes I did, and I will. January is all anime stuff; next week is a girl-on-girl tribute to yuri stuff, with references to Kill la Kill, Project Ako, and Utena -- and if I'd known about it ahead of time, I would have thrown Sakura Trick into the mix.

The week after that is Titan. ;)

Cwarrior

Hunter x Hunter 80

6ZWwc7p.gif

Jesus.
dat gruesome death scene. Panzu didn't deserve that. RIP

BTW should I eventually watch One Piece? I always see it has a huge following but what is AnimeGAF's opinion? It's pretty overwhelming but I'm willing to watch it throughout the years if it's recommended.

Sure give it a try in the only other shounen that rivals HXH while being very different, hxh is closer to a witty thriller-esq shounen adventure while one piece is a grand up-lifting emotional Adventure, it's a lot more light hearted with comedy aspect that doesn't take it self seriously.

The anime is nothing short of incredible with Hundreds of amazing episode,It really takes advantage of being a visual & audio medium to surpass even Manga in a lot areas/scenes thanks to having a great voice acting cast,great episode directors & animation directors behind it, sound track by not one but two great composers Kohei Tanaka & Shiro Hamaguchi, not only that it's equally as important that the use of the soundtrack/sound design is beyond perfect which it is.

It's filled with captivating cast of characters,surprisingly superbly done emotional stories,epic scenes that wills sends chills down your spin,high energy great animated fights,wonderfully developed worlds full of wonder & oddities that will make you wish there was a RPG video game of this.

After HXH it's the only Shounen Adventure your body would accept.

watch the good movies, call it a day.

Terrible idea there are hundreds of single episodes of one piece better then all 12 movies, none of movies come close to cannon story present in tv series.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 66-74

I really didn't think the bombers were terribly powerful (I mean, Bisky and Killua easily took out their targets) but Gon really shouldn't try stupid stunts like that. Still... it feels like whenever Gon and Killua advance, they just end up getting smacked down... again. A bad guy being stronger than you is fine (Hisoka and the Troupe I don't mind), but I'd like to see an even fight eventually.

Oh well. I'll finish up the Greed Island arc tomorrow.

Hunter x Hunter 80

6ZWwc7p.gif

Jesus.
dat gruesome death scene. Panzu didn't deserve that. RIP

The adaptation isn't nearly the same quality as Hunter's. If you're a manga person I'd say just read it. Although if poor pacing and low production values don't bother you that much, then go for it.

A bad guy being stronger than you is fine (Hisoka and the Troupe I don't mind), but I'd like to see an even fight eventually.
\

Don't get your hopes up.

Aikatsu! 43

Johnnyius weeps!

Remember when Shion existed? Actually, better question. Remember when Drama Auditions existed? Yeah, suddenly they remembered.

We see her get some character development, surprisingly considering how much Shion got shafted, but that's only because Drama auditions got shafted as well.

What about that Nozomi lookalike? Hikari?

Jex

[Toriko] - 138

Well, this has arc has seen literally weeks of incredibly piss-poor animation with every encounter being a slide show but as is the tradition, you eventually have to properly animate at least one fight, right? In this case I guess they decided to go all in on animating hair attacks! And I must say it looked pretty much great throughout.

Gazoinks

Rozen Maiden - German Is Cool 6

Funnily, my main complaint with this show so far, that I was going to bring up, was that the story didn't really seem to have made any overall goal clear, but it seems like something is emerging now.
Gotta make yer doll. For... some reason. Also Shinku just being around in Old Jun's world means Young Jun is okay now? Yay?

Noir 1-2

I remember watching this a long time ago when it was first dubbed by funimation, and I really liked it then. I don't know what it is now, but I don't quite care for this as much as I used to on a 2nd pass through. I can't quite put my finger on it.

The ending theme is outstanding though that's for sure.

Cwarrior

The adaptation isn't nearly the same quality as Hunter's. If you're a manga person I'd say just read it. Although if poor pacing and low production values don't bother you that much, then go for it.

HxH 2011 is super crazy consistent not even 26 or 12 episode anime are that consistent yet it manages to stay that consistent for 100+ episode now that's just voodoo,

One piece's anime is not that level of consistent, nothing is, One piece does have a lot more very high quality animated scenes by tons of very talented animators regularly(higher highs) and no it doesn't have low production value if it did it's fight wouldn't be so fluid & high in visual flair it would look more like kill la kill were there dragging stills around.

CorvoSol

Man I feel like a zombie slave of Persona 4, haha. I haven't even watched anime for like, two days. All I do is homework and Persona after school, ahaha. Must finish game . . .

Man I feel like a zombie slave of Persona 4, haha. I haven't even watched anime for like, two days. All I do is homework and Persona after school, ahaha. Must finish game . . .

I was a slave to Hunter x Hunter. Finally over at least... and yet I feel like tossing in another thing shortly (like maybe Friday)... like finishing YQ.

And then start Gintama next month maybe.

Jintor

hey corvo, you know there's a persona 4 anime?

it's not too bad! it's not too good either, but it's not too bad!

Gazoinks

Nodame Cantabile 8

Aw see Streseman actually is a good guy under all of his dickishness.

Looking forward to seeing where the show goes now that that "arc" is over. Curious if there'll be romantic development soon, although I don't really mind if there isn't, as the show's doing fine with its current interactions.

....Actually, you know what.

If I were to consider watching the older HxH anime, should I only bother with certain segments? Because I doubt I'm willing to go through the Hunter exams again.

Normally I'd be afraid to take on a long long shonen, but seeing as I just burned through ~115 episodes of Ippo in like 3 weeks, I'm feeling a bit better about trying this.

Vecks

....Actually, you know what.

If I were to consider watching the older HxH anime, should I only bother with certain segments? Because I doubt I'm willing to go through the Hunter exams again.

Well, I don't know how much time you're willing to waste, but I think it'd be fun to go through the whole thing, especially with the new one fresh in your head, if only to compare the two directly. Some things are quite different, even from the very beginning.

Well, I don't know how much time you're willing to waste, but I think it'd be fun to go through the whole thing, especially with the new one fresh in your head, if only to compare the two directly. Some things are quite different, even from the very beginning.

Who knows. It probably won't be immediate though.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 28

WHY TOEI WHY

And these are some active ass old people. Like shit...

Something about this episode though... just tells you that there's more effort here than a usual episode. And that one grandma returns as well. I wonder if she'll have another role after this episode....

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 29

lol.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 30

toBE0TD.jpg
cjGj6vy.jpg

Second image was from the PV

Well, despite some midseason climax shit going on, it was lets play with the white elephant time!

Queen was still sick, former queens thorns are getting thicker, and are now capable of lashing out flowers of evil to fill people with sadness. And it managed to invade the real world too! Probably the real source of sadness later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom