• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy seeing so many people watching Hunter x Hunter now. Just remember it in the voting thread before the end of the month!

----

Wizard Barristers - 2

Lol. So dropped isn't even funny.

There goes that Space Jam yaoi crossover I was cooking up.

Bugs pushed Daffy towards the floor.

"You're dethhpicable" groaned Daffy in muffled gasps as the sweat dripped down his well oiled feathered body. He then felt Bugs' hand sliding up and down against his thigh. The cold sting of the Basketball floor electrified every nerve ending of his body. He felt him get close to his ear and whisper the words he had been waiting for ever since they won the match.

"What's up, doc"

In other words, anybody know if something is wrong with SamFlam in Crunchyroll? Latest episode seems to be screwed up quality wise.

jbug617

Banned
Bugs pushed Daffy towards the floor.

"You're dethhpicable" groaned Daffy in muffled gasps as the sweat dripped down his well oiled feathered body. He then felt Bugs' hand sliding up and down against his thigh. The cold sting of the Basketball floor electrified every nerve ending of his body. He felt him get close to his ear and whisper the words he had been waiting for ever since they won the match.

"What's up, doc"

Well done.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Log Horizon Episode 16

Best Fall OP: Log Horizon
Best Winter OP: Log Horizon

I want to play Elder Tales.

I see Shirou his made a miniversion of himself in Minori.

m0t0k1

I havent been watching anime lately but because i was i was kinda sick and couldnt do anything. I decided to watch some anime. So i wanted to watch an magic shoujo anime like cardcaptor sakura or something so i stumbled across:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

So let me just watch 2 episodes this looks good.......... 5 hours later and 12 episodes my reaction: SUDGHHUVQUVGVWG@@88!!! holy balls what a ride and dem feels never expected this out of a shoujo anime.

I havent been watching anime lately but because i was i was kinda sick and couldnt do anything. I decided to watch some anime. So i wanted to watch an magic shoujo anime like cardcaptor sakura or something so i stumbled across:

So let me just watch 2 episodes this looks good.......... 5 hours later and 12 episodes my reaction: SUDGHHUVQUVGVWG@@88!!! holy balls what a ride and dem feels never expected this out of a shoujo anime.

Who in their rights mind recommended Madoka when you mentioned Cardcaptor Sakura? lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Madoka isn't really shoujo, as that refers to the demographic.

You should check out Ojamajo Doremi!

m0t0k1

Who in their rights mind recommended Madoka when you mentioned Cardcaptor Sakura? lol

Madoka isn't really shoujo.

Nobody did recommended Madoka to me i was just browsing anime and looking for a shoujo anime heck it even had the mahou shoujo in the titel so i thought why not.

Yeah i discovered it aint really a shoujo maybe that is why i was so surprised. But i must say i thorougly enjoyed it even blown away so unexpected but after watching a couple of episodes i knew what i got myself into.

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012): 09

RIP Jonathan Joestar
:(

Good thing he apparently got his girlfriend/wife pregnant, as well as her picking up a spare baby.

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 14

waaaaaaaamzlh.gif

This episode nearly, nearly, reduced to me writing "Oh...but...what....WHAT...????" but I've just about regained enough of my sanity to cobble together a meagre post.

God damn. I was really trying to wrap my head around how the show would carry on topping it's own ludicrousness and what the rest of the episodes in this show would actually entail when I was struck down by the ending. So good.

I mean, I do hope we can role onto some more character focused stuff now but really, this arc has been a total blast. It's all been worth it just to see how many completely bonkers character designs could be shoved into a single episode.

Nobody did recommended Madoka to me i was just browsing anime and looking for a shoujo anime heck it even had the mahou shoujo in the titel so i thought why not.

Yeah i discovered it aint really a shoujo maybe that is why i was so surprised. But i must say i thorougly enjoyed it even blown away so unexpected but after watching a couple of episodes i knew what i got myself into.

Well if you enjoyed the sudden shift from somewhat light hearted to dark, then there are plenty of anime like that. A couple written by the guy who did Madoka. Dat Urobutcher.

Taruranto

Synopsis: The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!

Man, this makes Oreimo sound like a Masterpiece.

m0t0k1

Madoka isn't really shoujo, as that refers to the demographic.

You should check out Ojamajo Doremi!

Well if you enjoyed the sudden shift from somewhat light hearted to dark, then there are plenty of anime like that. A couple written by the guy who did Madoka. Dat Urobutcher.

Thanks for the recomendation i will check it out looks more like cardcaptor sakura and lighthearted.

Also did a little research but Urobuchi Gen did Fate zero?? loved that anime that and Idolm@ster have been the reason i got back into anime. Maybe i should check out Suisei no Gargantia by him. :)

Non Non Biyori - Episode 9

Koma's Tanuki onesie was amazing, I have no idea why she would be so embarrased to wear it. The second half made me feel old, I still have a VHS player/recorder and Slinky never gets old!

Thanks for the recomendation i will check it out looks more like cardcaptor sakura and lighthearted.

Also did a little research but Urobuchi Gen did Fate zero?? loved that anime that and Idolm@ster have been the reason i got back into anime. Maybe i should check out Suisei no Gargantia by him. :)

Yep. He did Fate Zero. And Gargantia is also pretty fantastic and another light hearted to dark shift. Many feels in the ending. If you're into dystopian sci-fi, Psycho-Pass is pretty decent too, one of my favorites of his. His other work worth checking out, Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom, kind of jumped the shark after its time skip though. But before that it was amazing.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 33

So a lot of nice little character developments along the way in this episode. Sayla hints at her interest in Amuro by asking about Amuro's feelings for Frau Bow. Mirai reencounters her fiance, who she rebuffs. This aspect of the episode is great because it's done fairly subtly. As in Mirai sees Cameron, then acts like she doesn't, then gets nervous when he notices her. Bright spends the time jealously brooding whilst Sleggar decks Cameron for getting too close to Mirai. All of it (aside from Sleggar socking Cameron) is fairly understated, though, working out nicely.

And of course the best part of the episode is
Amuro finding his father, the dramatic, stylistic chase scene to reunite with him and then the horrible realization that his father is brain damaged and still a jerk, completely pulling the rug out from under the viewer's expectations.

Not a bad episode at all.

m0t0k1

Yep. He did Fate Zero. And Gargantia is also pretty fantastic and another light hearted to dark shift. Many feels in the ending. If you're into dystopian sci-fi, Psycho-Pass is pretty decent too, one of my favorites of his. His other work worth checking out, Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom, kind of jumped the shark after its time skip though. But before that it was amazing.

Thanks for the tips i will try to check out Psycho pass too during this weekend. Don't know if i can watch Phantom but i will make a note so maybe i can watch that during my summer vacation :lol which is still way off.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 16

If Hikari doesn't stop being an oblivious ass and actually cotton on to Miuna's feelings soon, I might have to slap him. Just kiss him, girl, he won't be able to ignore you then. (Also, did Miuna just
magically turn into an ocean person
? Because that raises all sorts of questions...)

Meanwhile, I would say "poor Sayu", since her little breakdown this episode was pretty painful to watch, but considering how this episode ended...here's hoping to brighter days ahead!
Kaname if you break her heart I will hate you forever. Just so you know.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 3:

This show goes on the oddest cultural tangents but that aside the Hozuki-Hakutaku rivalry made for the best set of episode halves yet.

Mature

That would be a good step. Gargantia and Madoka are the only two Urobuchi works I can genuinely recommend.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pupa Episode 3:

Okay, this show clearly wants to up the depravity factor up a couple thousand notches, this mission has been accomplished. Still, am I seeing her dreams, wishes, what here.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Tonari no Seki-kun 0 (OVA) - 3

Shit's too adorable. Yokoi is just pure sweet, and Seki is just fucking baller. What a cute couple they'd make.

CorvoSol

I want it to just lay on its back and fly away like a helicopter.

Either way it's going to be making a lot of bread.

Orphen 7

So we finally find out what the deal is between Orphen and Azaly and, well, it's not healthy.
She was several years his senior, definitely leading him on, not a good influence, and her decision to steal magical artifacts left behind by the Gods more or less is what lead directly to her being cursed. It's been 6 years and Orphen is still obsessed with saving her, but his battle with the Tower of Fang is a lot less righteous in the light of Azaly bringing the curse down on herself and the Tower's obligation to protect people from the danger the sword presents. All of this will doubtless be discarded before the end because the bad guys will turn out hilariously bad still, but in the mean time I'm comfortable with my assessment.

Hunter x Hunter 1-13

I've enjoyed this so far, well other than the third phase, which kind of dragged on. I want to smack Leorio for being suck a worthless idiot.

I feel bad for Leorio. Aside from standing up to Hisoka during the second phase, he really has nothing going for him at this point.

Samurai Flamenco - 14

Shit just happens in this show, I don't even know. It's perfectly content in becoming decidedly more dumb with every episode and yet still finds a way to make me want to watch it every week.

cajunator

Banned
It also has some pretty good music.

Yep, I'm getting the Premium G edition. I really sucked at vanilla EXVS, so hoping to suck less this go around.

It doessssss. Yuki Kajiura is one of the great musical talents in anime. She prefers a lot of instrumental and electronic fusion but puts it all together in very moving fashion. The soundtracks are well worth tracking down and you havent heard some of them ost beautiful stuff yet!

I have a bad feeling about this ...

I Just wanna know what the hell those Dead Sea Scrolls are !

Athena Exclamation seems like a good excuse to get back into series.

EOE is pretty...special. Yes its special. What that means to you will be abundantly clear soon.

Yeah I'm just now realizing that, but if nothing else the sound track to this show is outstanding. It doesn't really bug the crap out of me either like a lot of other anime that feature French themes and overtones-practically evangelizing them.

She makes some great use of latin chanting and choral singing andstrings. SOme other interesting soundtracks with her music are Madlax, Elemental Gelade, and Kara no Kyoukai (as Kalafina)

She has also played under FictionJunction.

Nagi Asu 16

Nice episode. Hikari really knows how to flirt with girls.

Akari's little kid is just adorable. Its nice how she really feels a part of the family now.

Nagi no Asu Kara 16

If Hikari doesn't stop being an oblivious ass and actually cotton on to Miuna's feelings soon, I might have to slap him. Just kiss him, girl, he won't be able to ignore you then. (Also, did Miuna just
magically turn into an ocean person
? Because that raises all sorts of questions...)

Meanwhile, I would say "poor Sayu", since her little breakdown this episode was pretty painful to watch, but considering how this episode ended...here's hoping to brighter days ahead!
Kaname if you break her heart I will hate you forever. Just so you know.

I completely forgot Miuna's real mother was from the Sea. Does that mean half surface and sea people can now grow an ena? WHAT DOES THIS MEANNNN.

Felt bad for Sayu but its good to see Kaname will be back next episode. Sea dudes dont give a fuck about being naked.

I can also see that kid that likes Miuna telling everyone in class who she has a crush on. I feel like Hikari knows too but hes just playing dumb so it doesnt become awkward.

Tenumi

Banned
Date A Live: 05

Well, Shidou is turning into some sort of awesome character. Stopping at nothing to save the harem.

Hot Springs episode next? Guess we need some time to cool off, after the fighting and awesome music this episode.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi Asu 16

I completely forgot Miuna's real mother was from the Sea. Does that mean half surface and sea people can now grow an ena? WHAT DOES THIS MEANNNN.

It means
Miuna's awesome little bro will become KING OF THE OCEAN one day
=p

EDIT:

I can also see that kid that likes Miuna telling everyone in class who she has a crush on. I feel like Hikari knows too but hes just playing dumb so it doesnt become awkward.

Nah, I think Random Doomed Crush Student seems like a more decent guy than that.
It was sweet of him to tell her about the whole "doesn't matter if he's your uncle as long as he's not blood related" thing.
And Hikari may be insensitive, but I don't think he's that insensitive.
If he really had noticed how she felt about him and still kept acting like that, he deserves a lot worse than a slap =/ I'm pretty sure he's just an idiot who hasn't figured out yet that he should stop thinking of her as a kid.

Silver Spoon S2 3

This episode taught me two things:

- Horses are awesome
- Don't hit people with giant fruit

Nordicus

Golden Time 15

O.O

Does this mean that Ghost Banri
saved the day? Or did he make Banri fall asleep and had SERIOUS second thoughts when Koko fell asleep too?

Also, Koko looks like a fucking wreck in the next episode preview. I think she's traumatized
by having fallen asleep on the wheel, and could have potentially killed everyone if Banri hadn't woken up suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom