• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Oh man the stuff in here is golden holy shit. Also Old Coco was basically a main character with a massive drinking problem.

Ron Lone [in revision 2 is renamed to Leeron]
(Age indeterminate)
A queen and highly skilled mechanic.
One of Yoko's companions, he also ends up joining forces with Simon and Kamina.
He is always calm and objective, as if he has a philosophical view of life.
Being gay in this world gets you discriminated against, and you can not live in the underground cities.
He falls in love with Simon and vows that he will never leave his side, but never once tells him how he feels.
He witnesses Simon's life from the time he comes up to the surface until the very end.

It's the best because it doesn't bother with half the pitfalls of Gundam.

That, and it has Nether Gundam:

lcxgL.jpg

I want this in the Extreme Vs. series more than any other suit.

cajunator

Banned

I like this quite a lot!

Noir 1-2

I remember watching this a long time ago when it was first dubbed by funimation, and I really liked it then. I don't know what it is now, but I don't quite care for this as much as I used to on a 2nd pass through. I can't quite put my finger on it.

The ending theme is outstanding though that's for sure.

Noir is very slow going and takes well over half the show to get going. Pacing is awful but once the story is set into motion its quite intriguing. One of my older favorites for sure.

Noir is very slow going and takes well over half the show to get going. Pacing is awful but once the story is set into motion its quite intriguing. One of my older favorites for sure.

It also has some pretty good music.

I take it you are going to import it? Me too! Love those Gundam games.

Yep, I'm getting the Premium G edition. I really sucked at vanilla EXVS, so hoping to suck less this go around.

Hunter x Hunter 1-13

I've enjoyed this so far, well other than the third phase, which kind of dragged on. I want to smack Leorio for being suck a worthless idiot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All that was lacking was the rival for the affection of the main girl. Well, that and the psycho lesbian stalker and potential rapist, which is distessingly more common then it should be.

You forgot to mention that said rival has to also be a tsundere.

And by episode 3 all the male characters have slowly disappeared.

Jintor

SYD s2 e03

This episode might actually have been a little too far on the lewd side for my tastes. A bit overly reliant on they said a bad word style hunter. Still a few great gags, like the student council back at ousai getting into swimsuits for no reason and hata constantly stealing the camera shots.

OceanBlue

Lol, the new characters in Chuunibyou and Tokyo Raven look pretty similar. Also, the train scene in Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 2 was a little too dramatic for me, but otherwise I'm really enjoying it. Inari is too cute!

Tenchi GXP Dub 9

This was an okay episode, nothing particularly funny or particularly terrible. Just fairly average I guess. At least that annoying clown is gone to stop mucking up episodes.

Tenchi GXP Dub 10

Okay well that was a lot better, the villain is pretty intimidating and the action as a whole was pretty enjoyable. I also find it hilarious that Seina has been made captain already though I guess I can't be surprised. Looking forward to seeing what kind of shenanigans they get into.

Tenchi GXP Dub 11

GXP when I said it'd be stupid for
Erma to really be Ryoko is disguise
I wasn't saying PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN -.- Besides for that this was a pretty enjoyable episode

Defuser

Nagi no Asukura ep 16

Awww shit, guess whose back.......back again.....next week.

And what's up with this world and Reliant Robins? I would be dead driving one of those deathtraps.

phaze

Everyone felt trolled. that was the beauty of it!
Then Anno trolled everyone again with EOE.

Think again!

I have a bad feeling about this ...

I Just wanna know what the hell those Dead Sea Scrolls are !

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 87
tumblr_mznujnCoCL1qfm2vzo4_500.gif

Prefer the Omega saints and the power of omega, but the gold saints and big bang and such against Hyperion is one of the better fights of the arc too. The song choice though was rather weak as it felt too classic and other of place.

Athena Exclamation seems like a good excuse to get back into series.

jbug617

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 3

Mashiro and Benio steal the spotlight once again for me. Also good to see progress in the relationship between Konbeni and Hakuya.

Also I have the feeling
the blonde girl is going to factor into the Mashiro and Benio story.

Yeah I'm just now realizing that, but if nothing else the sound track to this show is outstanding. It doesn't really bug the crap out of me either like a lot of other anime that feature French themes and overtones-practically evangelizing them.

Man there really was a new era in AnimeGAF of everybody jumping in on the HxH 2011 bandwagon. Reminds me of when Yamato 2199 kept getting watched by just about everybody here. Good anime bandwagoning is awesome.

Man there really was a new era in AnimeGAF of everybody jumping in on the HxH 2011 bandwagon. Reminds me of when Yamato 2199 kept getting watched by just about everybody here. Good anime bandwagoning is awesome.

I think it started with my huge megaposts about the show when I first watched it. If it wasn't for AnimeGAF, I would have stuck with Saint Seiya Omega. Thanks for making me choose the right thing AnimeGAF!

Jex

Social proof is a powerful force, even if it's generally used for unsavoury motives it's worth rolling out for great anime!

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 33

ktNxWHT.gif

So is this the oldest example of Mecha anime pandering to the yaoi fan-girl base? I mean, sure, it's technically a violent brawl between Hayato and Ryo, but the sheer amount of time they spend lying one atop the other, legs entangled and faces close. Yeeeesh. Good news, Musashi, it looks like you have way less competition for Michiru than you thought you did! Bad news Musashi: wearing no pants into battle for 33 episodes may have caused your teammates to start craving your Mcnuggies.

On a more serious note, there's a scene in this episode where the Getter robo crushes like, four jets, with its bear hands, at once. I think this is one of those moments that really shows how devastating a weapon a Super Robot would be in reality. I mean fighter jets were pretty effective weapons anyway and then boom, Super Robot can swat them out of the air like flies.

I dont understand why the bandwagon never watches these things from the start. The few pioneers with Yamato 2199 enduring as it came out four or so episodes at time as the bds made their ways overseas or those engaged with HxH from its start in 2011 enduring departure one week at time for all these years, truly that is part of the experience as well...

Mature

I dont understand why the bandwagon never watches these things from the start. The few pioneers with Yamato 2199 enduring as it came out four or so episodes at time as the bds made their ways overseas or those engaged with HxH from its start in 2011 enduring departure one week at time for all these years, truly that is part of the experience as well...
Credit where credit is due, I remember my interest being piqued for 2199 in your early impressions of it. I think the reason why the bandwagon doesn't start from the beginning is because it's not a sure thing. My time is limited, so I'd rather watch something I know is lauded than something that could turn out being rotten.

Edit: The obvious exception being week to week shows in the current season.

OceanBlue

People should've watched Endless Eight as it aired!

Anyway, in most cases people just either don't know about the anime or aren't aware that they'd like it. For a year or two after the new Hunter x Hunter aired, I assumed it was a sequel to the old series and just ignored anyone talking about it.

I was watching Yamato 2199 as it was airing. I remember even complaining in here once when the last blu-ray wasn't being released for some reason. Then I noticed it was a month later than the other blu-rays.

Samurai Flamenco 14

LAWL. Ok this show is still enjoyable in its retarded nature. Now we have a
evil twin

Strange + 3

Is the reason the little brother keeps getting depicted as a girl with girl's clothing a joke on the pretty boy tv trope?

It's not like that didn't happen a while ago

Well, in my case, people yelled at me to watch it, from different corners of the internet. And I was going to watch it back when it was in the late 90s, but a curse befell me.

That and watching something that runs for more than 2 cours makes me want to wait on it to finish.

Tenumi

Banned
Space Dandy: 2, 3 (English Dub)

Well, those were certainly something. Made me laugh, especially episode 3.

Show's a pretty entertaining, mindless comedy. I have no issues to catching it every week. Continuing onward!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Credit where credit is due, I remember my interest being piqued for 2199 in your early impressions of it. I think the reason why the bandwagon doesn't start from the beginning is because it's not a sure thing. My time is limited, so I'd rather watch something I know is lauded than something that could turn out being rotten.

Edit: The obvious exception being week to week shows in the current season.
Awareness is probably a more fundamental problem. Sure, some people might know something exists and they might even know that something is good, but unless they make noise about it other people probably aren't going to notice. The bandwagon becomes a positive effect in this case, and since it also packages awareness together with either assurance or something to become curious about it becomes much more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom