• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Date A Live: 05

Well, Shidou is turning into some sort of awesome character. Stopping at nothing to save the harem.

Hot Springs episode next? Guess we need some time to cool off, after the fighting and awesome music this episode.

Yeah, you'd think that...

CorvoSol

Hyeueueurgka 7

It's a hot springs episode and you know what that means!

TERRIBLE.

ANIME.

CLICHES.

It's not like we didn't do a shit ton of those in the first two episodes or nothing.

jman2050

Hyeueueurgka 7

TERRIBLE.

ANIME.

CLICHES.

It's not like we didn't do a shit ton of those in the first two episodes or nothing.

Oh come on, this was pretty inoffensive as far as token hot springs episodes go.

cnet128

Banned
Hyeueueurgka 7

TERRIBLE.

ANIME.

CLICHES.

why are you even still watching this >.>

Mahou Sensou 3

What is this super-melodramatised romantic nonsense XD

So let me get this straight,
back in middle school, Takeshi agreed to pull a Nisekoi with Kurumi to stop guys confessing to her and stalking her and shit, with the limit "until they both find someone they really like" because there are definitely no problems with that idea. And of course since then (or more likely before then) Kurumi has actually fallen for him.

And meanwhile Takeshi's brother found out that the two of them were "dating", and because he liked Kurumi too (or I guess possibly because he wants to have homosexual incest love with his nii-san) the two of them stopped speaking and now otouto-kun has gone full psychopath?
What is this I don't even.

Oh, and it turns out Kurumi has a complex about her small boob size despite the fact that her magic allows her to grow them at will. Also the show hinted that she can turn into a loli but refused to show it actually happening. I wish she would, preferably permanently. It's the only way I can think of to justify her existence.

Thoraxes

Golden Time - 15

The calm before the storm... err, after the storm before the next one in this case I guess.

Was hoping for some more drama, but this is a great start to establishing the relationship between
Oka and Yana and that whole situation. Didn't think she'd be that cold, but man is that gonna get good. She had a cute swimsuit too!

Also
dammit Ghost Banri. Just how much control does he have?

Hyeueueurgka 7

TERRIBLE.

ANIME.

CLICHES.

You just don't understand the character building, obviously. They were all building their character because they were building character and world building, character building, the mysteries are not important, character building.

CorvoSol

Oh come on, this was pretty inoffensive as far as token hot springs episodes go.

The entire show is "pretty inoffensive." I'm practically begging it to do something offensive because there's the risk that might feel more original. So far it's been "High School Anime events 101" and "Chitanda is a moron who believes literally everything you tell her because it isn't like she can think anyway."

why are you even still watching this >.>

I dunno. I just don't feel like dropping it? It's not intolerably bad, and there's still a fair amount left for my opinion of the show to change during? And the vague hope that the entire main cast will die in a horrible accident and the show will shift to the adventures of big sister in Europe?

I dunno. I just am.

You just don't understand the character building, obviously. They were all building their character because they were building character and world building, character building, the mysteries are not important, character building.

Hotaro built his character so high and fast it made him pass out in the hot springs.

survivor

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 16

This forbidden love between an uncle and his niece isn't gonna happen, please stop it Okada.
Kaname is back to finally make Chisaki happy, good. She was suffering too much lately.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 16

This forbidden love between an uncle and his niece isn't gonna happen, please stop it Okada.
Kaname is back to finally make Chisaki happy, good. She was suffering too much lately.

Chisaki already has Tsumugu, Kaname is for Sayu. All objections overruled, unless they involve a Tsumugu/Manaka pairing in which case I will give them reasonable consideration (and then promptly toss Chisaki out of the pairing scheme entirely).

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 20

0R0XJeIl.jpg

i don't even

CorvoSol

Where does this hot spring ep rate on a scale from 1 to Outlaw Star?

I have not seen Outlaw Star, so I will rate from 1 to Gurren Lagann, with FMP being a solid 8 on the antics meter.

In the which case it gets a 1. Next to no antics, yet another boring ass Scooby plot, and since I like Chitanda less with every passing episode and this episode had one shot that made Mayaka's but look positively angular, I'd say we hit an all time low.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 15

Ghost Banri is literally ruining this show for me. Every time things start to go well, I keep expecting something terrible to happen to Banri or Koko because of Ghost asshole's "curse" bullshit. Fortunately, that looks like it may stop after this? At least, that's what I get from GB's "This isn't what I wanted" stuff. Maybe now he'll learn not to be a whiny asshole and stop fucking with things. I hope.

And let me get this straight...one fucking whiny, jealous ghost can completely invalidate weather forecasts and cause huge traffic jams for tons of people? What a huge asshole.

Also dat ending, goddamn.

Aside from all that, pretty fun episode. Glad to see the characters have a little bit of fun. Looks like things may get dramatic next week.

Syrinx

Samurai Flamenco 14

Mari really is a bitch.

Anybody who doubted Kaname is an idiot.

And it goes nuts again! That better
actually be his actual brother somehow.

CorvoSol

I'm apparently not as well versed in the hot spring episode as you are, senpai.

I haven't seen all of it either. Watching it fully is our 2014 resolution.

Oh my.

Samurai Flamenco 14

HAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOO

WHAT

Give it to me straight, Kirb. I dropped Samurai Flamenco back in episode 3 because I wasn't feeling it. Should I pick it back up?

Quasar

So I just discovered social media database thing Trakt.

www.trakt.tv

I have to say this is getting close to a holy grail for me. Completely automates the process of tracking what stuff I watch. Though the hickup currently seems to be that scrobbling tools that integrate with Trakt only seem to be for local media. So its not quite the lastFM for video in that respect.

Its interesting though.

CorvoSol

You might find it a bit boring initially, but hold out and it won't disappoint. Probably.

Yeah, I expect it to take a few to ramp up, judging from the way reactions went, but I'll use that time to see if I can't get back into it anyway.

In the mean time, ICE has shown me the SDBurtocalypse and frankly, it blows.

survivor

Banned
Hozuki no Reitetsu 3
aOVYjXv.jpg

Some of the places they visit look really great.

This anime has been getting better and funnier with each episode. I was really disappointed when I first watched it, but I think after 3 episodes the style of comedy has grown on me and I even laughed a little at the pit of hell joke in this episode.

Bombless

Golden Time 15

I never watch next ep previews because I don't want to get spoiled, but with such an ending, I just HAD to. Great episode otherwise, avoided the usual pitfalls of beach episodes!

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 3

Either I'm warming up to this show's style, or it's actually increasing in quality, because I was really enjoying the normal slice-of-life antics this time. I was having so much fun, in fact, that it didn't even bother me when there was no kissing whatsoever for, like, the whole first half of the episode.

Then just when it had got my guard down, the show hit me with the most amazing kiss scene yet, and IT WAS GLORIOUS.

So yeah, great episode. I think I can safely say I love this show now.

jman2050

Mikakunin 3

I'm enjoying it, but something seems very off. Unlike, say, Love Lab where it was adapted from a 4koma but was directed and paced in a way that made the material suit an episodic format, in this show you can practically see the panels move from one to the next, from set-up all the way to punchline, repeatedly throughout the entire episode. It's kind of distracting and it seems like they could have done a much better job pacing the material so that everything didn't seem so... neat and structured? I dunno, I certainly think it could be a lot bett--

13905075386562xkkx.gif

I think I just killed cajun. For real this time.

Nevermind, show of the forever all forevers.

Naruto Shippuden 346 & 347

Well two episodes today is nice in concept but was kind of a bit dull in execution since well backstory. I will say the whole music during the Nagato scene was incredible.

Hope it is true that the director will really give us no filler the rest of 2014...

CorvoSol

Someone help me. The SDBurtocalypse has deprived me of air. And the ability to understand what the fuck is happening in ICE anymore.

Mikakunin 3

I'm enjoying it, but something seems very off. Unlike, say, Love Lab where it was adapted from a 4koma but was directed and paced in a way that made the material suit an episodic format, in this show you can practically see the panels move from one to the next, from set-up all the way to punchline, repeatedly throughout the entire episode. It's kind of distracting and it seems like they could have done a much better job pacing the material so that everything didn't seem so... neat and structured? I dunno, I certainly think it could be a lot bett--

Nevermind, show of the forever all forevers.

You know, Mashiro looks kind of like a penis in that gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom