• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Nichijou 12

I'm getting tired of all of Yukko's screaming.

I wish this show would show the professor actually working on one of her things, That sounds like it would be funny.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Exclusive Stream for SDBurton is a fantastic touch there ahahaha.

I thought so!

===========================================

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - 03

brDih36.png
fRk5ezY.png

Man I love this show, so much.

Linkark07

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 16

Miuna's episode. Loved it. Really, she is the one meant for Hikari.

And next week the real drama begins. Kaname returns and he will be living with Tsugumu and Chisaki. What a love triangle, and that doesn't include Sayu.

Golden Time 15
Why, why that stinky ghost Banri disappears? He is so annoying. Linda has continued with her life Ghost Banri, and you aren't part of her life. Deal with it.

The ending, how come they would drive a car while being sleepy? That's quite imprudent.

No idea what FUNimation is doing, but the limited edition sub-only release of OniAi has been delisted at Right Stuf. This release just came out December 31! Did not care one way or another about this harem series, but I hope that FUNimation will still consider sub-only shows for physical release over not releasing anything at all.

Naruto Shippuden 347

Goddammit, Danzo.

Why do you have to be the one to screw things up again?

Everything was going swimmingly for them until you decided to flip the bird towards the peace offer with the Stone Village.

Mature

Basically as soon as the phrase
Sperm of Christ
was uttered my brain just started laughing like a mad man.
Nah, the last episode. They're all sort of a blur for me. I had a very unique experience with ICE. A group of friends and I were at Anime-Expo and we like to go to the video rooms when they're playing odd and obscure stuff way late at night. The giant film room we were going to was supposed to be playing something called Chocolate Underground (shrug), but due to some schedule change they ended up playing the entirety of ICE instead. I don't think I laughed more in a theater than I did there. People's audible reactions of disgust put me in tears. I love ICE for this reason.

jbug617

Banned
No idea what FUNimation is doing, but the limited edition sub-only release of OniAi has been delisted at Right Stuf. This release just came out December 31! Did not care one way or another about this harem series, but I hope that FUNimation will still consider sub-only shows for physical release over not releasing anything at all.

I wonder if it sold. It was pretty cheap

I bought it.

Quasar

Mikakunin 3

I'm enjoying it, but something seems very off.

I am kind of wondering just what they are planning to do with the whole Kobeni/Hakuya story. They seem to be going to a lot of trouble setting all the backstory elements of their shared past and all, for a show more interested in creepy sister molesting little kids.

CorvoSol

Nah, the last episode. They're all sort of a blur for me. I had a very unique experience with ICE. A group of friends and I were at Anime-Expo and we like to go to the video rooms when they're playing odd and obscure stuff way late at night. The giant film room we were going to was supposed to be playing something called Chocolate Underground (shrug), but due to some schedule change they ended up playing the entirety of ICE instead. I don't think I laughed more in a theater than I did there. People's audible reactions of disgust put me in tears. I love ICE for this reason.

I just want everyone in AnimeGAF to know that if we were all in a room watching a show together my meltdowns would probably either be waaaaaay funnier or waaaaaaay more annoying.

PERSONA 4: TA 1

So okay not gonna lie, I'm already throat-deep in my love for Persona 4, so while I confess that the faces were hilariously off model, the strange orangey look going on with faces made it look like Chie had a six o clock shadow, and them terribad cgi vehicles were a thing, the thing that really matters was I still feel it rocked. I mean seeing Yu summon Izanagi for the first time, and watching Izanagi go to town on those things, that shit was rockin'. I don't even CARE.

The one difference I would cite is that the anime's interpretation of Yu is decidedly different from mine. Mine being considerably less realistic, since I took "from the city" to mean "not from Japan at all" (I mean I gave him an American name, so yeah), and therefore excessively flippant in behavior. As in, the very first thing Yu says to Mooroka for me is "You callin' me an asshole?" because that's the kinda guy Yu was for me: completely unafraid to say whatever he damn well wanted to, and frequently saying whatever he felt would get the biggest rise out of a person.

But I get their interpretation. When P4 begins Yu doesn't have any courage, smarts, understanding, etc. So that he's kind of an apathetic kid makes sense, as long as that's only how he starts.

But hey, seein' Izanagi rip those shadows a new one was perfect. Does this animation include the P4 Golden events like the ski trip and the beach trip, or is that a no-go?

Quasar

I just want everyone in AnimeGAF to know that if we were all in a room watching a show together my meltdowns would probably either be waaaaaay funnier or waaaaaaay more annoying.

So okay not gonna lie, I'm already throat-deep in my love for Persona 4, so while I confess that the faces were hilariously off model, the strange orangey look going on with faces made it look like Chie had a six o clock shadow, and them terribad cgi vehicles were a thing, the thing that really matters was I still feel it rocked. I mean seeing Yu summon Izanagi for the first time, and watching Izanagi go to town on those things, that shit was rockin'. I don't even CARE.

I have to say I was really surprised by how much I liked this given I had no existing knowledge of Persona before watching...well beyond knowing it being a really popular JRPG.

I've always wondered how somebody here who likes yaoi or yuri might overlook many issues with a show simply because they have yaoi and yuri subtext. I mean I like romance but if a show is widely considered bad I wouldn't recommend the show and make it seem like the best show ever simply because it has that.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 75-83

I don't know. I'm not really feeling this arc. I know it comes from the manga, but it feels so... detatched from the others. It almost feels like filler.
That said, how did rabbit-bird-ant-thing obtain the use of Nen? Was Gon's attack like a forceful opening of his aura (like the newbie greeting on floor 200 at Heavens Arena?).

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 75-83

I don't know. I'm not really feeling this arc. I know it comes from the manga, but it feels so... detatched from the others. It almost feels like filler.
That said, how did rabbit-bird-ant-thing obtain the use of Nen? Was Gon's attack like a forceful opening of his aura (like the newbie greeting on floor 200 at Heavens Arena?).

The arc gets much better as it goes on, as ridiculous as the situation is. And they explain how he got it. And the explanation is as you assumed.
Gon's attack opened up his aura pore things.

I know it starts out weird and slow but it gets better. I think my biggest and only issue with this arc is how they're finding ways to make it longer with very obvious methods, which you'll see later.

zeroshiki

I've always wondered how somebody here who likes yaoi or yuri might overlook many issues with a show simply because they have yaoi and yuri subtext. I mean I like romance but if a show is widely considered bad I wouldn't recommend the show and make it seem like the best show ever simply because it has that.

Any port in a storm etc etc

That or, you know, they have bad taste in general.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu 3

All those movie shoutouts when Sousuke was trying to break into that house.

Kid had a psychosomatic illness due to his cousin breaking their marriage proposal they made when they were five and "eloped" with some other guy? Goddamn kid, you're lame. Least Sousuke helped you to realize it.

Personally, a show has to be first and foremost good to be worthwhile and watchable. Id drop a show if it were bad even if it had yaoi subtext, I mean its probably the same reason I dont read every yaoi manga under the sun as some are just not good (plotwise or art). Though the subtext is an extra layer to the narrative and characters that certainly raise the show in terms of quality and make it pleasing and exciting.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 14

Okay, some of the "crazy" stuff in this episode was.... pretty errr.... fun? I guess. But this arc has officially dragged on for far too long. It has overstayed it's welcome. The Flamengers are totally underdeveloped characters. The humor with their failed dynamic is repetitive and lame now instead of funny or cute. I would easily trade half of this Flamenger arc for actual progression on the plotlines regarding the original supporting characters, instead of getting stuff teased in every episode without it going anywhere.

If it really takes Japan getting destroyed for them to move on from this arc, they should just blow it up now! Please!

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches 1-4

So far so good. Cute girls with cat ears, a significant amount of butts, lots of cuteness and fun actiony bits. Sanya still best.
I am watching the dub but I really like it. They did a good job.
Will continue.

Naruto Shippuden 346

Didn't think they would have expanded on Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan's backstroy.

Nice surprise. But if they don't show Nagato meeting Obito after Yahiko dies, then this will just have been a waste of time.

I wasn't expecting this either, it was nice to be reminded of these characters again, I really liked them.

The arc gets much better as it goes on, as ridiculous as the situation is.

I know it starts out weird and slow but it gets better. I think my biggest and only issue with this arc is how they're finding ways to make it longer with very obvious methods, which you'll see later.

Also... did Gyro's backstory have a point aside from explaining why NGL is the way it is? Is he going to be reborn as part of the King?

No need for details, just a yes or no would suffice.

Golden Time 15
Why, why that stinky ghost Banri disappears? He is so annoying. Linda has continued with her life Ghost Banri, and you aren't part of her life. Deal with it.

The ending, how come they would drive a car while being sleepy? That's quite imprudent.

The reason why they were sleepy and almost died was because of Ghost Banri's curse. That's why most of their day was messed up. When 2-D kun was asking if anyone was cursed, the answer was actually yes -- cause Banri was cursed.

Golden Time 15

O.O

Does this mean that Ghost Banri
saved the day? Or did he make Banri fall asleep and had SERIOUS second thoughts when Koko fell asleep too?

Also, Koko looks like a fucking wreck in the next episode preview. I think she's traumatized
by having fallen asleep on the wheel, and could have potentially killed everyone if Banri hadn't woken up suddenly

He didn't really save the day. It was his fault the day was so messed up to begin with. See the above. The person who actually saved the day was
Linda-sempai
. She said Fumare -- which they translated as press on, but it also means "step on"
the brakes.

Golden Time 15

This episode is what I liked best about this show from the beginning: realistic light hearted adventures of college friends. This episode had basically two parts, both which joined up to be one of the more realistic beach/vacation episodes I've ever seen in anime. If the first part where the rain was ruining the trip had stuck the whole way through it would have been easily one of the better episodes of the season since it would mean an anime sacrificed its beach episode to break out of the tropes. But then we get the beach episode which isn't bad.

The interaction between friends is.. just wow. I genuinely think this is one of the better portrayals of a group of close friends goofing off, Mitsuo and 2D-kun are like the best bros a man could ask for. Banri and Koko were incredibly adorable as a couple all throughout this episode, and this keeps showing how much of a good protagonist Banri could be if it wasn't for ghost aspect, since his confidence and likability is amazing outside of that. Then we have the ending scene. I gotta congratulate them on that as the way they presented it added to the tension and the very last scene where
Banri wakes up and steps on the breaks
was really well done. Seems like next week we'll have a bit drama of Koko drama but I don't mind, her drama is the best of the show really. It's the Ghost Banri drama nobody can stand.

I can't recommend this episode enough if you're still following the show. One of the better ones by far.

Also... did Gyro's backstory have a point aside from explaining why NGL is the way it is? Is he going to be reborn as part of the King?

No need for details, just a yes or no would suffice.

I genuinely don't know. As far as I can tell it had no point as of right now but maybe later in the arc or in a different one.

Gazoinks

The one difference I would cite is that the anime's interpretation of Yu is decidedly different from mine. Mine being considerably less realistic, since I took "from the city" to mean "not from Japan at all" (I mean I gave him an American name, so yeah), and therefore excessively flippant in behavior. As in, the very first thing Yu says to Mooroka for me is "You callin' me an asshole?" because that's the kinda guy Yu was for me: completely unafraid to say whatever he damn well wanted to, and frequently saying whatever he felt would get the biggest rise out of a person.

But I get their interpretation. When P4 begins Yu doesn't have any courage, smarts, understanding, etc. So that he's kind of an apathetic kid makes sense, as long as that's only how he starts.

But hey, seein' Izanagi rip those shadows a new one was perfect. Does this animation include the P4 Golden events like the ski trip and the beach trip, or is that a no-go?

As I've said before, the anime as a standalone production is pretty mediocre, but it's a lot of fun for fans of the game, and has some legitimately really well done bits.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - 03

This show ...
This show ....

If sakura trick wasn't airing , it would have been my favorite , period.

i don't know how this show does it , but it's working ... it's really working

Not good i have giffed the entire episode already ... it's so gif worthy

I don't know what to do
First
The big sister is awesome
Engaged%20to%20the%20Unidentified%20-%2003.jpg

no problem sir
her running gag with the vice president was actually pretty good.

Second
The little sister was cajun worthy ...

Yes this scene deserved a FULL GIF.. no i don't have any regrets !

Episode was freaking awesome.

Oh and teh drama will obviously be solved , quite soon even. I do wonder about the "granfather" that is such an influence that the big sister can't do a thing about it.

Samurai Flamenco 4

A pink HMV. A CGI PINK HMV.

Thank you, Kirby. Thank you.

*thumbs up*

Aikatsu! 44

Remember when the Janitor was part of a rock band? Apparently Ichigo forgot for a bit too! And we see more evidence that she's perfect for the "fat one" for fanbase reasons.

But yeah, we even got a temporary change for the credits. Shame it's not very animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom