• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

That many chapters? out of how many? Because Attack on Titan managed to squeeze 30 or so chapters in 25 episodes. So at this speed the arc won't end for a while.

Dude, WSJ page per chapter is like 16.. AoT maybe being thrice at that being a monthly mango.

The anime (HxH) usually adapting 3-4 chapter per episode,

All right. Now that I've caught up with Hunter x Hunter I might as well catch up with Valerian and Laureline. Then it'll either be go with the second season of Gundam Seed or watch another one of the shows in my watch list.

Aikatsu! 48

And just as they were reborn, they decide to slumber once more. And yes, apparently Ichigo's mother was also a climbing badass.

I was expecting something a bit more... scandalous for why she decided to run a bento shop instead, but eh. Raichi and Mizuki became more clever that day.

2 episodes left until the first season is over.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
kill la kill 15
cZMPX5g.jpg
The fights in this show should be so much better. On one side you have nobodies that puff themselves up for five to ten minutes before getting thrashed like nothing, and on the other end you have characters that the show deems too important to mess with sparring with one another in low stakes battles. There's no intensity to either arrangement. The show even kind of sets up that maybe someone will lose a hand or something just to spice things up a little, but it kind of just immediately writes off those complications for more awkward flying and flailing around the city scape. High impact moments tend to devolve into startling CG segments. For all the effort put into the background work there is little done with it to maintain a consistency that establishes defined locations for fights. Characters fly off across the city and magically show back up in yelling distance to other members of the cast they should have left behind.

As this specific arc partially wraps itself up I am only more confused as to what the purpose of it all was. i dunno, fk this show or somethin.

wonzo

Banned
Witch Craft Works 3

witchcraftw3.jpg

Mizushima continues to work his magic with this elevating the source material to new heights despite the flying CG scenes that'd look right at home in Attack on Titan. On the bright side, the bus scene was pretty ace and the city looked alright when they were far above it which bodes well for whats to come.

Playing Xillia and Jude said, "Wait, what?" Made me think of kayos, it did.
whats a xillia

Defuser

Kill la Kill ep 15
Holy.fucking.shit. That was fuck awesome action!!!

Tengem Toppa Gurren Lagann ep 15 was fuck awesome. Now Kill la Kill ep 15 is fuck awesome.

Kill la Kill 15

Would've been great to give us one whole solid episode of good animation.

Needless to say, the status quo is back to normal.

Acosta

Yamato 2199 1-4

The OP of Yamato 2199 give me goosebumps, sooo good.

Fours episodes so far, super impressed with it, I'm hardly an expert to compare but the CG looks well done and everything, dunno how to express it, grounded? There is a sense of credibility in the setting, the characters, the ships...

I love how they are considered sailors, I guess it´s the same time such setting is used in Sci-Fi but I had never thought about it.

Yokazura Quartet Ending

In other order of things I finished Yokazura Quartet, enjoyed it a lot
I just wish the ending was a bit less rushed and more conclusive, but seems anime tends to do this about letting things open

Great animation, lovely characters, great action ( would have liked a bit more though). I don't get the panties overload but I guess is one of those things you have to accept when watching anime.

Aikatsu! 49

Well considering how things will go for the ending, based on how this episode ended, it probably would be a bittersweet ending.... if you know, there wasn't a second season or anything.

That being said, the victor for round 1 shouldn't be a surprise, and everyone has something laid out in front of them.

cnet128

Banned
If it don't have Marie then I'll be set.

You make me sad, Corvo. If Marie (and other Golden stuff) was in P4 The Animation I'd probably have actually got around to watching it. She's awesome.

You're asking someone who watched BRS TV for Miyukichi. Though really she's the only one I'd do it for.

Ehhhhh, normally I'm a Miyukichi man, but BRS TV was all about the HanaKana.

It requires effort to watch something; it requires no effort to not watch something.

ahahahahahahaha if only that were true

Magical Warfare 3

Guys. I have a confession to make. I'm rooting for childhood friend. That usually never happens, but she's obvious best girl.

If by best you mean worst. I mean, it's not like the competition is particularly strong or anything, but I have to go for Mui because she's at least kinda cute. Kurumi is just insufferable. (I reserve the right to reverse this opinion if and when Kurumi transforms into a loli.)

Magical warfare - 03

If there is one thing that i HATE in anime , that i really HATE , it's the characters that hate others for no reason. Arata kangatari was bad with that but unfortunatly i just found the 2014 version in magical warfare.

So your brother is a traitor because he acted before you ? that's it ? WHA THE HECK ?

Eh, I dunno, I find the brother's barefaced hatred kind of fun. It's obviously nonsensical, but fun. Psychopathic characters entertain me.

I wasn't ready for a Triangle DRAMA so soon . I don't even have a prefered heroine so far , they all feel so disjucted .thsi anime need to seriously "improve each character develloppement " this episode started just way too many sub-plots

Yeah, it definitely feels like this show's pacing is completely off the hook. Like it forgot to have an actual plot or develop its characters and instead just rushed straight into weird LN drama antics stuff. I've half a mind to drop it already, since it's obviously the basest kind of LN dreck out there, but for some reason I keep watching.

K-ON!!-10
iLRqL1NVXlm9l.gif

Why do people argue over waifus in K-ON? It's clear who the winner is. People acting like a bunch of birds picking up dinner scraps that have fallen off the table.

mugi > sawa-chan > nodoka > *

Neither of these opinions include Ritsu, and therefore they are wrong.

Ritsu > Azunyan > Yui > Ui > Mugi > Mio > Nodoka > Sawachansensei

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 2

Hearing so much accented Japanese is a rare treat in anime.

This is truth.

cajunator

Banned
Jesus christ, my anime club has become unbearable. New fucking member joins up who is extremely rude. Constantly bitches when we offer the dub option for shows like Brotherhood, Bebop, Monster, Space Dandy because "English voice actors can't act." Constantly bitches about how anime is a shit medium for any sort of plot so we might as well only watch shows like Kill la Kill where we can ogle the characters, or shows with pretty art. And now everyone and their mother cracking unfunny jokes, and screaming "OH YEAH HIT HIM!" during any emotional scene that escalates into a physical confrontation... or "Oh Yeah GUURL POWER!" said unironically every single time a female hits a male character (which happens every 10 goddamn seconds in the shows we happen to watch).

Yeah this happened occasionally at our college anime club but rules were quickly put in place to calm it down. Eventually it loosened back up but people got the point. Then it was some of the most fun I have ever had in my life.

Sounds like somebody needs to learn the true joy of dubbing.

Watch the Utena dub and be enlightened

No idea what FUNimation is doing, but the limited edition sub-only release of OniAi has been delisted at Right Stuf. This release just came out December 31! Did not care one way or another about this harem series, but I hope that FUNimation will still consider sub-only shows for physical release over not releasing anything at all.

Probably has to do with the extras problem. I doubt theyd just pull the show indefinitely.

Kyou no Asuka Show 1-20 END

I saw the first 5 eps ages ago so i had to rewatch them now the rest has been finished off and this is honestly a pretty funny series once you look past how perverted it is. You can't go wrong with this at 3mins an ep.

This show is whacked but I made it about halfway before dropping it. Its cute and silly but really I didnt like it enough to fully finish it. The girl is a cutie though.

Lurky

Sakura Trick 3

Wow this episode had way more making out than I expected. I hope things keep going that way. Also, I'm really surprised that the older sister isn't included in all the yuri. Makes me wonder what they're gonna do with her character.

Jintor

I graduated from animuz clubs so idk anymore.

Never felt like I fully fit in anyway, what with being a 5th-year law student in a club mainly filled with 1st-3rd year IT/finance kids whose tastes in anime ranged widely. I'm general enough to get by but a lot of SAO and AoT was being talked about and I kind of just tuned it out.

Also I've perhaps gotten too used to forum posting format and trying to start discussion on the facebook group about stuff is... weird. Weirder still is IRL, really.

Aikatsu! 50 S1 END

Mizuki is still too strong, and Ichigo leaves Starlight to go to America. Mizuki also left Starlight Academy as well

Well, as much as the beginning of the season kind of piled on potential for drama, it actually ended up being more of a fun ride seeing everyone develop, on top of all the merchandising. Granted, some characters in this got shafted, partly because they're not part of the core idol group.

Initially, I had a bit of an issue with repetition in song use, but it was something that actually got better over time. Same with CG... although... I think that was only after the initial ten episodes. I am aware however, that the CG for S2 will be much better in comparison. Speaking of which, there sure was some QUALITY in the final stretch.

The Unit arc was a bit weird for me... mainly because the actual lead up to Tri Star took a while to formula, whereas Soleil and PowaPowaPuririn were more quick and to the punch in terms of how long it lasted. The latter was more of a joke team though (I mean it had fucking Shion on there, and she wasn't relevant for like... a while. She's kind of like the butt of the joke sadly.)

I think for the most part, it wrapped up whatever loose ends that existed in S1, which I enjoyed at least, especially with that Masquerade treat near the end. Fuck, I enjoyed it, despite whatever issues I had with it. It was pretty much fun fun fun throughout. Kaede is the shit btw. Think that's the 3rd or 4th time I mentioned it.

I guess at some point, it'll be time to see our new idols, including one that apparently pisses people off.

cajunator

Banned
I'm actually kind of glad I was only in my school's anime club for one year (my 12th grade year). Full of girls with the obvious anime likes. At least the club leader was cool.

Also, I'm starting to get a sense of being able to identify voice actors by voice. This is not good...

Hmm. A lot of changes in my life happened because of anime. I found new friends in college, saw new anime, explored old stuff, made longtime acquaintances and friends who became roommates, gained confidence in myself and finally accepted who I was, got out of the house because of said friends, went to parties, did actual social things, and even perplexed a police officer who though he caught a drug runner.
Anime has been so awesome to me. So much fun. So many great memories.

Golden time - 15

See what happens when you mess things up ghost banri , you get this result .. banri pushed on despite the odds to have a "memory" , something he clearly lacks and this is the result .

F**k you ghost banri ..it's too late to scream "this isn't what i wanted" when you messed things up so bad in the first place.
Damn i was ready to give this episode a glorious note because it had NO LINDA but the events are now extra messed up

so yeah ghost banri need to find "peace" or get exorcised ASAP

I was afraid of this shit happeneing :(
At least last ep gave us Miss Ultrasonic odangos so not all is lost.

Thoraxes

Now that I've finished Yamato I feel like there is a hole in my watching schedule that I need to fill.

Anyone got any suggestions on a show that is vaguely similar?!

Yeah, that one i'm doing atm where you go into a corner and cry because you'll never watch it for the first time again.

Yeah, that one i'm doing atm where you go into a corner and cry because you'll never watch it for the first time again.

It's a terrible feeling, I had a similar experience when I finished Evangelion sometime last year.

I'm sure there is another show out there to take it's place, I've just got to find it!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh, that's very exaggerated. Just look at Happy Endings (RIP) or Shameless.
I don't count Shameless because it's Showtime, but I take your point. It's changing, but it's not really truly normalized.

I assume the networks don't get as many complaints as they probably used to anyway.

Magical warfare - 03

If there is one thing that i HATE in anime , that i really HATE , it's the characters that hate others for no reason. Arata kangatari was bad with that but unfortunatly i just found the 2014 version in magical warfare.

So your brother is a traitor because he acted before you ? that's it ? WHA THE HECK ?

That's a pretty stupid reason to hate someone ..it's ridiculous even !
I wasn't ready for a Triangle DRAMA so soon . I don't even have a prefered heroine so far , they all feel so disjucted .thsi anime need to seriously "improve each character develloppement " this episode started just way too many sub-plots
But he pushed him in front of a moving vehicle, how cruel is that.

Romance stuff was a bit way too much or either I dozed off as I cant even remember it this episode.

Defuser

Mahou Sensou ep 2 - 3

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz,this show is so average. RIP this show.....sacrificed in productions for Mahouka.

I want childhood friend to win.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 85-91
Honestly, I like the Chimera Ant King. Though if the Royal Guard is that insanely strong, I have to wonder if anyone can fight with him. Regardless, Neferpitou is still being creepy and I can't wait to see Gon's reaction to his mad-sciency use of Kite.

OceanBlue

But he pushed him in front of a moving vehicle, how cruel is that.

Romance stuff was a bit way too much or either I dozed off as I cant even remember it this episode.

I assumed
the main character pushed his brother out of the way.
The scene seemed purposely ambiguous about it to me.

Mahou Sensou ep 2 - 3

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz,this show is so average. RIP this show.....sacrificed in productions for Mahouka.

I want childhood friend to win.

IMO, it's worse than average compared to a typical LN adaptation. :<

cajunator

Banned
K-ON!!-10
iLRqL1NVXlm9l.gif

Why do people argue over waifus in K-ON? It's clear who the winner is. People acting like a bunch of birds picking up dinner scraps that have fallen off the table.

Sawako is the best girl in the show, however the best K-on is Ritsu. Its complicated.
Still, I went out and bought the set and its this episodes fault

Saki 07

pHdM7GRl.jpg

The power of the penguin.

Penguins hold all the keys to victory.

Date A Live: 05

Well, Shidou is turning into some sort of awesome character. Stopping at nothing to save the harem.

Hot Springs episode next? Guess we need some time to cool off, after the fighting and awesome music this episode.

Best girl hasnt shown up yet. Also I liked how the next episode wasnt what youd think.

Sentai got Sakura Trick

Hell yes. I somehow forgot to quote this one but I shall buy this without hesitation. Wish it was NISA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom