• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike straight spoilers so i'll say this ( strike the blood spoilers )
The attack on yuuma was a decoy for the real attack it wasn't intended to kill. The attack on natsuki, wasn't intended to kill either but to steal her magic , so that the seal could be broken..
End of spoilers , i won't say more.

Thanks

Syrinx

You may want to go back a few pages.

Oh, Kirby finishing Doremi?

Also I saw this.

Ok, I take bottom of the page.

ilX57Vm.gif

Good stuff.

survivor

Banned
It's mostly a straightforward adaptation with some minor changes here and there. It's still pretty good even if you have read the manga but it'd probably be better to just tackle the backlog and come back to it some other time.

Oh ok thanks. Guess I will watch Evangelion instead.

Neppu Kairku Bushi Road

MSoC5jZl.jpg

The story was ok, the plot was fine, the action was cool, it felt average overall.

I guess my favorite part of this was the relationship between Suou and Ame,

I'm not sure what compelled me to finish Doremi in one go like that, considering I was hoping to do everything by either Saturday night or Sunday. But hey, cured my anxiety for Doki's finale, so I won't react as hard at whatever happens
and if they did do something like that, they either succeeded or failed miserably, and I'm leaning towards the latter.

AnoHana movie question:

what happens after the credits? She says something like 'I don't care if I reincarnate into a bug, a flower, or a potato, because the Super Peace Busters---------------" Then the sound stopped. Then the picture stopped. Thanks, movie theater.

CorvoSol

Easier said than done

That's a fair point, yes, but all the same. A non-smoker shouldn't have to change their life, the smoker should. It's hard, yes, but that's the way I see it. It's not the non-smoker's fault you breathe up poison air like some kind of dragon, after all.

But this really isn't the thread for more of this.

Back to anime.

Full Metal Panic! 7

This episode is the Arbalest's debut and what a debut! From chucking a tree into a Savage's face to firing a bullet out of sheer spite, there's a reason the Arbalest was my favorite mech prior to the Laevatein.

The Lambda Driver is introduced in this episode. It's basically a device that runs on Spiral Energy and transmutes that energy into physical, semi-material forms. Some people describe the energy that Lambda Drivers give off as being AT Fields, so there's that, too. The point is it runs on Shonen Heart and it's gonna be so badass to see it in SRWZ3.

Is the Medaka Box anime good, or should I read the manga?

Unfortunately the anime adapted only the material before medaka box could truly shine and take off.

It had a good ED song second season, and 1st season was relatively interesting and 2nd season actiony. But youd still have to read the manga at the end of the day.

You could just leave your house and keep some distance from smokers?
Loving how i must be the one needing to avoid the "bad" areas created from smoke that can appear anywhere or everywhere. Areas created from toxic elements that i have no control of.

Thoughtfull.
j/k
The thing with second hand smoke, and the reason most studies are nonsense, is because they don't actually test real world scenarios. Yes, second hand smoke contains much higher doses of potentially carcinogenic and/ or toxic substances than what is inhaled, but that smoke isn't directly inhaled by anyone. It gets diluted in huge amounts of air, a tiny fraction of which is inhaled as second hand smoke by the smoker himself, and even less by people in the vicinity. In an open space, the doses are so fucking tiny that it's almost impossible to measure them two meters away. We're talking a few nanograms over a span of six to eight minutes diluted in many cubic meters of air. That's borderline homeopathic.

First, even if the smoker himself does inhale that smoke , there is still an amount that is going around

Second, we're not talking about 1 encounter in our life , over a year one is subjected on 2nd hand smoke that several times and it adds up. it's the same thing with nuclear radiation. If you do make a radiography bone once a year you'll be fine , but people being exposed to such radiations need to more protections because over time it adds up.Second hand smoke is no different , it adds up over time. At least tiny amounts of radiation can be compensated over the years , the same cannot be said with smoke particules in our lungs

Third, the "diluted in the air" scenario is void because it's a specific case ignoring lots of situations ,regardless when you're in a restaurant , or in a building ( at your work place for example ) we're back in a closed space scenario where the most of the damage is done and that's why it's been banned in many countries and in this scenario , you can't refute the studies.
Even if you're not in a closed space , we're back in my second point.
Just saying , I'm talinkg about a restaurant because you were complaining about the fact that there wasn't much opportunities for nonsmoking areas in them earlier.
----------------
NIsekoi - 03
Alright adaptation , i still don't see why shaft is adapting this one, anyone could have done it as they are sticking to the manga to the letter. Aside from the graphics i'm not seeing the "SHAFT TOUCH"

I personally didn't even like the medaka box manga even that much. It was too self-aware and Medaka's character did a complete 180 and turned into a huge asshole. The main guy deserved better.

Go! Go! 575 03

YdsfKTNl.jpg

Stalker turns out to be SDBurton. dun dun dun
So many sdburton characters this season.

I personally didn't even like the medaka box manga even that much. It was too self-aware and Medaka's character did a complete 180 and turned into a huge asshole. The main guy deserved better.

The medaka box manga was aware of everything , even of the anime ratings and
some characters even knew they were in a manga
i do think that it made it for a greta experience , and the writter could trully go all out .. this is what NISIO needed.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo Rising 16

The Eagle has landed!

Aside from that, rather little happened in this episode. We got to see Aoki and Kimura's opponents, and Takamura has to do some hellish weight management yet again. That guy grows mass like no other, I swear.

wsippel

Banned
Well in the United States, especially New York, the smoking ban has been pretty beneficial. There has been a significant decrease in second hand smoke and no negative financial impact on businesses.
Well, no shit, if you ban smoking, you have a significant decrease in second hand smoke. But did that actually have any significant effect? Nobody knows. We're talking about very long term effects here, nobody inhales some smoke and dies all of a sudden. Smoking can contribute to CHDs or cancer, but both rely heavily on genetic predisposition. If you have the predisposition, you'd most likely get one or the other anyway at some point and smoking only accelerates the inevitable. Smoking doesn't directly kill anybody, we all die anyway - smoking just causes certain people to die a few days, months or years earlier.

What's funny is that recent scientific studies show that long term nicotine consumption seems to lower the risk of Alzheimers and dementia. So smoking might shorten your life, but you're more likely to still know who you are and be able to recognize your children by the time you die. Though granted, pure nicotine would probably have the same effect without most of the adverse side effects, or maybe smokers just happen to die before their brains have a chance to fail. That's the thing with studies: They show correlations, not causations. ;)

Wizard Barristers - 02

I'm not sure why there are giant robots in this show. You build up this setting with people throwing around magic elements all over the place and focus a large amount of the show with magical legal proceedings ... and then giant robot battles. It just seems to scatter the focus in a situation where there focus should be on the legal side.

... and why bind people with tape if you have multiple magicians around capable of manipulating metal?

Sekai Seifuki - 02

I think I like this show. I find it's just the right combination of absurdity and light hearted fun. Looking forward to continuing it.

Hagi

Whoa finally got a chance to watch the first ep of Sakuga☆Dandy.

wee-bey-gif.gif

Fist half was kinda meh but goddamn that second half. Loved the Judgement Day reference with the giant robot. If only Kill la Kill had production values like this.

But the "Shaft touch" is the visuals.

Well of course , but sometimes they just add more ..while zetsubo sensei by shaft was also a perfect adaptation of the manga , sometimes , like with dance in the vampire bund , they just went wild with the adaptation , or in monogatari where they follow the book but they are taking all the liberties they can get.

Unless the material is highly unique ( zetsubo ), i see no reason for them to just do a straight adaptation , many other studio can do the same , in nisekoi the visuals aren't adding that much impact to the scenes so i'm left wanting "more".

For me shaft is at their best when they are adding the "shaft sauce" and that's not the visuals , it's also their way to handle the story. A clear difference between negima!? ( all original stuff ) that is entertaining because it goes everywhere and NEGIMA! oavs+movie where they just follow the material with mild & mixed results. ( And i'm a fan of negima and i don't like negima!? that much but i 'd rather see them do something original or unique than just a bland adaptation if the story is not exceptionnaly good ( and nisekoi certainly isn't on that level)

Strike the Blood 15

It's becoming really hard to decide best girl with Sayaka and Folia competing heavily with Asagi for the top prize.

Pretty meh over the ending. Can't really care for two characters I have no interest in.

Yamato 8

If it wasn't for the whole "committing genocide on humans" thing I would feel abd for that dude. The Gamillian king is pretty tight, he's got no time for his subordinate's shit.

Yamato 9

Aw :( Really good episode.

fake edit: I keep mixing the title up with Yamada, bleh

Yamato 8

If it wasn't for the whole "committing genocide on humans" thing I would feel abd for that dude. The Gamillian king is pretty tight, he's got no time for his subordinate's shit.

Yamato 9

Aw :( Really good episode.

fake edit: I keep mixing the title up with Yamada, bleh
Space Battleship Yamada!
zKAiboB.gif

Woosh

wsippel

Banned
Sounds like a reasonable sacrifice to make as a step towards the ultimate goal that we should be aiming for of eliminating smoking as a habit altogether. The more inconvenient it becomes to be a smoker, the fewer people are going to make the silly decision to start in the first place, so society as a whole wins in the end. Except the cigarette manufacturers, and really, who's got anything good to say about them?
There are no reasonable sacrifices to be made here. Alcohol causes more health issues and more social issues than tobacco. "Drinking is a bad habit, we should eliminate it altogether"? Fast food causes more health issues than smoking. "Fast food is a bad habit, we should eliminate it altogether"?

Not to mention you just said that it's not even the health issues you're primarily concerned about, it's your personal convenience. Yet you still support a ban. That's fine, I hate pop music. It's inconvenient to me if people play pop, I might visit a bar and they might play pop, let's ban pop! Let's also ban TV ads for detergents, they're all bad and really annoying! Pigeons are annoying as well! And hipsters! And soccer!

If you start this shit, it never ends. The only things absolutely certain in life are death and inconveniences. You can't just run around banning shit left and right just because it might shorten your lifespan a little, let alone because it's a (minor) inconvenience. It's asinine. Once smoking is eliminated, the mob might be after something you enjoy.

Dresden

If you start this shit, it never ends. The only things absolutely certain in life are death and inconveniences. You can't just run around banning shit left and right just because it might shorten your lifespan a little, let alone because it's a (minor) inconvenience. It's asinine. Once smoking is eliminated, the mob might be after something you enjoy.

First they came for the smokers, and I did not speak out - I didn't smoke. Then they came for gummy bears, and there was no one left to speak for me.

Gbraga

Samurai Flamenco 14

BAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID BULLSHIT?

I don't even know what I think about it anymore. Is it on the list already?

DokiDoki Precure 49 END

rfxGNSK.jpg
fw860Aa.jpg

Fuck you Toei with your teasing

Ange is dead dead, the rip in space is still open, so people from Trump Kingdom can travel freely between worlds. Bel, Ira, and Mammo are still alive. Ira still has a boner for Rikka, Regina is still bonerific about Mana and is attending school. Joe is a toddlerkon, Joe is now president. Also Cure Batman

Death Count
I think like technically 3

MANA IS JESUS CHRIST AND IS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR! WHO NEEDS OTHER CURES WHEN YOU HAVE MANA CHRIST ON YOUR SIDE!

Hahahahahaha! Fucking Captain Planet Ass shit here.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The only thing this movie does for me is state that the movie means jack shit in regards to everything. And thank god.

Well frankly..... ugh... I don't even care about about reviewing this right now, or if I feel like it. I'll just leave it at thank god it's finally over.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dokidoki Precure 49

I haven't been watching this show at all, but figured I'd see what was up for the last episode.

It was really fucking bad.

Dokidoki Precure 49 -FIN-

Well... that was a cute ending. They really should have done
Mana's heart being taken
as a fun plot point earlier. It was shocking, but it really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
I do find it funny that, now that the Trump Kingdom is connected to Earth permanently, that the Yotsuba corporation expanded into it. XD

No actual footage from HapCha Precure. Just the transformation.

PsionBolt

Bad? Dokidoki Precure? I can't. I just can't. That was the best ending to any Precure ever. It will likely never be surpassed. I'm still laughing. I can't stop. It's too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom