• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

kxgegOJ.gif

That's better.

Dude I dunno that knee still looks like it belongs to Monkey D. Luffy.

Maison Ikkoku - 41~50
pyLjRNg.jpg

The same thing I'm always wondering.
Man, I fell so-
And she thinks just like me, it's better to get warm on cold weather than get cool on the hot weather. Mitaka cockblocking Godai was so easy, he just had to break a leg, then the two of them get the short end of the stick since they have more girls to take care of them. It was funny how they were this close to being BFF and just seeing Kyoko put them on fight mode again.
I might not have said before, but Ikuko-chan is so cute and small and...
I know it's been some years since they went to the beach, and Ikuko-chan was just a little taller than Kentaro, but wow she really grow a lot or Kentaro has been getting shorter.
But the point of the episode is that you can't really outsmart Yotsuya-san, I don't even know if what he said is true! Was the crossword a hint to his job? Why can't he be an Alien or a time traveler? That family excuse doesn't sound true comming from him!
Then we discover how Ichinose's husband ended with Ichinose, the easy way to learn skating rinking, that everyone in Ikkoku-kan is in Godai-kun side and tried to murder Mitaka-san, and your worst enemy in love is an old man(Mr. 3 gets on the good side of everyone).

After that last bit with the pro-smoking argument I assume he's now trolling so I suggest we just stop the argument that sparked from an anime with a loli world conquerer.

Btw just watched the entirety of Casshews Sins 8 and holy shit. That final scene of Casshew fighting all those robots as the lady sang was really well done. Also friender kicking some ass.

1VFZLR6.jpg

x4wbI7z.png

It's ok Casshew. I feel your pain Megaman.

Tenumi

Banned
Grr... having to wait a while to watch DokiDoki. I just wanna finish it....

Smoking. Its disgusting, it's proven to be bad for your health, I don't see why there's a debate here. I don't have a problem with those who began smoking before the health issues came to light. I have issue with those that start now. They're idiotic. I've seen first hand what a family full of smokers can do to a child growing up in that environment. It is the reason me and my mother crave tobacco when we smell it even though we (I) have never smoked in our lives.

I despise tobacco smokers.

Uh... Anime? Why was I posting again? Oh yeah, Precure.

Pretty Cure Splash Star: 07, 08

Episode 7 was alright, introducing a new toy. Episode 8... was very depressing. Sibling fights hit a little close to home here.

duckroll

That show about conquest

Kate might not have conquered smokers today, but she has conquered my heart! Keep up the good fight, public smokers are scum!

Uh... Anime? Why was I posting again? Oh yeah, Precure.

Pretty Cure Splash Star: 07, 08

Episode 7 was alright, introducing a new toy. Episode 8... was very depressing. Sibling fights hit a little close to home here.

This wouldn't have happened if Saki learned how to stop putting liquids next to important shit.

Branduil

On the one hand, I agree that smoking in public is rude, on the other hand, I'm not sure I want to be allied with a show that has little girls running around almost naked.

wonzo

Banned
Sekai Seifuku 3

If there's one thing that shits me more than liberatrians, it's indignant smokers that'd put the Climate Changer deniers to shame with their disregard for the overwhelming science against their filthy habit. As such this is p. much the best episode of anything ever.

MAY THE LIGHT OF ZVEZDA SHINE THROUGHOUT THIS WORLD

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
On the one hand, I agree that smoking in public is rude, on the other hand, I'm not sure I want to be allied with a show that has little girls running around almost naked.

Gotta spread the message somehow.

Tenumi

Banned
Sekai Seifuku 3

If there's one thing that shits me more than liberatrians, it's indignant smokers that'd put the Climate Changer deniers to shame with their disregard for the overwhelming science against their filthy habit. As such this is p. much the best episode of anything ever.

MAY THE LIGHT OF ZVEZDA SHINE THROUGHOUT THIS WORLD

I'd like to see the science behind there being no harmful effects from smelling poop.

And by I'd like to, I mean I don't.

Oh dude he's totally Mega Man, right? The whole show felt like Mega Man Zero the animated series.

There's very few designs I've seen where the robot has the helmet look with the human face. So yes it looks like characters from Megaman.

Casshews Sin 9: Nico Bellic

A few manly tears shed. Thanks Nico.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 8

This episode more or less sets up that Kaname's really into Sousuke, who continues to be oblivious. She spends the episode jealous as minor-recurring-character Mitsuki dominates Sousuke's time, forcing him to pretend to be her boyfriend so her friends won't catch on to the fact that all-around-scumbag Shirai dumped her. It is distinctly an "antics" episode that serves to sort of cool you down before the plot stuff starts again.

Non Non Biyori - Episode 12 [End]

A nice way to wrap up one year in the country. I feel happy watching this and I want more of it soon. Hopefully it gets a second season.

Also:

Komari > Renge > Hotaru > Natsumi

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 9

It surprises me how much foreshadowing there really is going on in these episodes, haha.

For instance Kaname challenging Sousuke so often about the fact that he just keeps following orders, which becomes a driving force for the plot of The Second Raid, or Tessa commenting on the fact that she is the same age as him, foreshadowing that the Whispered are all the same age, or Tessa being uncomfortable on land, and stuff.
This episode kicks off the Behemoth arc, by the way. It's a fun story that makes FMP levels a pain in SRW games because the enemies send these 40k HP nightmares with their lambda driver shields at you.

Ace of Diamond Episode 16
tumblr_mzzl89ZchR1qbxqfpo2_500.png

That part made me laugh the most just because of how they reacted to him and seeing it. Furuya moments continue to be the best for suspense, comedy, and more. Great development and progress and really intense play by the team as a whole. Consistently delivering the best sports action week after week.

Jarmel

Banned
So I decided to rewatch Star Driver 1-3 and skip to 25 due to the Anime OP list thread. I'm partially interested in the directing style in prep for Captain Earth but I'm also curious whether the mecha sakuga was as good as I remembered it.

Star Driver 1-3 rewatch
So good. The way the characters are setup and established is really great. Wako is a spunky heroine but not that annoying. It's also clear how Takuto is growing on her and Suguta. There's some really great shots early on such as the black silhoutes under starlight or Takuto being next to the cherry blossom tree. The show really uses a strong color palette and it helps give a vibrant feel to the show. One thing that struck me now is how long those damn necks are. The body proportions at times look almost CLAMP like.
Now that I'm watching Utena proper, it really strikes me how similar the setup is in this show. There are so many similar elements such as the offgrounds battle arenas, the protagonist fighting to protect the heroine, all the sexual undertone stuff, the secret society and their goals, the heroine having this weird pet creature, and some of the power sequence stuff too. It's like a mecha version of Utena at times. The interactions as a whole though are really playful and have a good sense of charm to them. I really like Takuto and Wako. Suguta is the weak link of the three. I know he's supposed to be the straight man of the trio but he still comes off too sour. Also I still can't help but think of Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. It's perfect too with Wako's mascot being a pet version of Tails. It's really a damn shame how this show turned out as going by these first three episodes, it had a shitload of potential. Absolutely amazing how they turned an interesting premise into something mundane and boring.

Now as for the mecha sequences, I'll let you be the judge.

Otaking eat your putrid heart out. Mother of god, this stuff holds up even better than I remembered or would have imagined. When we get so much 3D shit nowadays, it's really nice to look at some spectacular, and I mean flat out spectacular, 2D mecha action. That said, these fights are short as fuck and are pretty lopsided. One complaint I remember having about the series is the need to constantly throw fights in each episode, sometimes where there didn't need to be one. Still, this is probably the best looking mecha show since TTGL.

Fucking show should be retitled Sakuga Driver.

Star Driver 25-

oh lawd

why am i crying

CorvoSol

So I decided to rewatch Star Driver 1-3 and skip to 25 due to the Anime OP list thread. I'm partially interested in the directing style in prep for Captain Earth but I'm also curious whether the mecha sakuga was as good as I remembered it.

Star Driver 1-3 rewatch

So good. The way the characters are setup and established is really great. Wako is a spunky heroine but not that annoying. It's also clear how Takuto is growing on her and Suguta. There's some really great shots early on such as the black silhoutes under starlight or Takuto being next to the cherry blossom tree. The show really uses a strong color palette and it helps give a vibrant feel to the show. One thing that struck me now is how long those damn necks are. The body proportions at times look almost CLAMP like.

Now that I'm watching Utena proper, it really strikes me how similar the setup is in this show. There are so many similar elements such as the offgrounds battle arenas, the protagonist fighting to protect the heroine, all the sexual undertone stuff, the secret society and their goals, the heroine having this weird pet creature, and some of the power sequence stuff too. It's like a mecha version of Utena at times. The interactions as a whole though are really playful and have a good sense of charm to them. I really like Takuto and Wako. Suguta is the weak link of the three. I know he's supposed to be the straight man of the trio but he still comes off too sour. Also I still can't help but think of Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. It's perfect too with Wako's mascot being a pet version of Tails. It's really a damn shame how this show turned out as going by these first three episodes, it had a shitload of potential. Absolutely amazing how they turned an interesting premise into something mundane and boring.

Now as for the mecha sequences, I'll let you be the judge.

Otaking eat your putrid heart out. Mother of god, this stuff holds up even better than I remembered or would have imagined. When we get so much 3D shit nowadays, it's really nice to look at some spectacular, and I mean flat out spectacular, 2D mecha action. That said, these fights are short as fuck and are pretty lopsided. One complaint I remember having about the series is the need to constantly throw fights in each episode, sometimes where there didn't need to be one. Still, this is probably the best looking mecha show since TTGL.

Fucking show should be retitled Sakuga Driver.

Star Driver 25-

oh lawd

why am i crying

Stop trying to get me to watch this show.

Jarmel

Banned
Stop trying to get me to watch this show.

As weird as this sounds, I really wouldn't recommend anyone to watch the show proper as so many segments and episodes drag. It's much better experienced in selective Youtube videos such as MADs or AMVs. That said, holy fucking shit. Like the final episode is just almost one constant barrage of sakuga. I had my hands in the air and was literally yelling "oh lawd".

If Captain Earth is even a quarter as good visually as this...
giphy.gif

Firemind

There has been a lot of top ten topics as of late and the lists are quite unique and varied. So it made me curious and think, what are you guys' top ten favourite anime series/films?

Trigun 5
This is the first episode where Vash is actually pretty cool. Also, about time those girls realize that he's Vash

tmC1itT.gif

Ruv-oo end o Pish!

There has been a lot of top ten topics as of late and the lists are quite unique and varied. So it made me curious and think, what are you guys' top ten favourite anime series/films?

My brain would hurt trying to decide the top 10 out of all my favorites.

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 25

so good.
So much of a Darth Vader vibe when Desler boarded that ship.

Loved how so much stuff from earlier came into play. The warp gate, the Jirelian telepath, the cannon shells, fallout from Alter, etc. Feels good to see that stuff matter.

kxgegOJ.gif

That's better.
lool .
i need to watch this ASAP.

I'd like to see the science behind there being no harmful effects from smelling poop.

And by I'd like to, I mean I don't.
I'm not surprised ... according to a quick google search , there seems to have no effects indeed.

Youlearnsomethingneweveryday

All this smoking talk because of World Conquest? Anime must be pretty alive to warrant this level of influence.

This is actually not the only place that had those kind of discussion in anime circles today because of this episode. i've seen similar things on 4chan & 2chan

CorvoSol

I'm not even that big on mecha shows and I want to watch this.

It looks spiffy, plus the words "2D Mecha" sell it.

As weird as this sounds, I really wouldn't recommend anyone to watch the show proper as so many segments and episodes drag. It's much better experienced in selective Youtube videos such as MADs or AMVs. That said, holy fucking shit. Like the final episode is just almost one constant barrage of sakuga. I had my hands in the air and was literally yelling "oh lawd".

If Captain Earth is even a quarter as good visually as this...
giphy.gif

I still feel guilty for going "aw hell na a Square Enix anime na na na" so I need to get in on it eventually.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Eureka Seven
The Big O
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Martian Successor Nadesico
Gankutsuo
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Slayers NEXT

Narag

Here's ten in no particular order and subject to change! More current stuff needs to stew for a bit before I can truthfully say top 10.

• Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
  • Macross: Do You Remember Love?
  • Mononoke Hime
  • Getter Robo Armageddon
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
  • Macross Plus
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Night on the Galactic Railroad

DominoKid

Star Driver is a decent show w/ great potential that the creators didn't seem to have any interest in reaching.

I enjoyed watching it. Tauburn is a sick mech and I really liked the theatre episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom