• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Evangelion 17

This dude is gonna die isn't he?

--

So for episodes 21-24 should I watch the regular version or the director's cut? I tried to avoid researching this to avoid spoilers, but from what I'm told it's just minor visual differences? And then I'm guessing I should watch the regular 25-26 episodes then End of Evangelion version of them?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 48-49 [END]

JgK6ETE.png
AhJhdYK.png

l2AcpGZ.png
KfMKhsN.png

s5lskyb.png

I was going to make a lengthy post about my thoughts regarding this show, but I'm too upset to fucking care.

Heartcatch>Smile>DokiDoki>Fresh>Suite>Futari wa>Max Heart

Have yet to see Splash Star and the other remaining ones. Now to drown myself in ice cream to perk me up.

Based MakoPi putting up with so much shit only to have the love of her life fade before her for a second time... god fucking dammit.

Senyu 1

So off the bat I already don't like the Cloud wannabe simply because of this exchange.

How dare he mock Slime-tan slimes?

Doesn't he know that slimes have the best monster girls are one of the most iconic monsters in video games?

Shame on him.

Also this thing

Immediately reminded me of this guy.

And now I'm going to be disappointed if nothing "bad" happens to the hero.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
"Upset"??

This is not the first troll end in the franchise, but it is by far the most delicious in how casually it betrays a year's worth of the audience's emotional investment.

My final polemic is still slowly congealing in my brain.

DokiDoki! Precure - 48-49 [END]

s5lskyb.png

I was going to make a lengthy post about my thoughts regarding this show, but I'm too upset to fucking care.

Heartcatch>Smile>DokiDoki>Fresh>Suite>Futari wa>Max Heart

Have yet to see Splash Star and the other remaining ones. Now to drown myself in ice cream to perk me up.

Based MakoPi putting up with so much shit only to have the love of her life fade before her for a second time... god fucking dammit.

Honestly speaking, considering how much of her character was both assassinated, on top of just being another piece in a scale of more important Trump Kingdom people, I'm not surprised they threw MakoPi under a bus one more time.

Looks like the Max Heart didn't fully happen lol.

Look on the bright side! Joe can't use his penis now

White Album 2 END
What the fuck!?
Come on this started out alright but just took a dive to an awful place.
Man I have never been so pissed off after watching an anime.

Not only the worst drama/romance anime I have ever seen,
might just be one of the worst in general.

sonicmj1

I look at Yamato as a much more time constrained Battlestar Galactica. It didn't have the time to expand on this huge cast of characters and it decidedly tried to focus on the main characters without giving much to the side ones. BSG had more than enough time to go out of its way to give us many glimpses at what the crew was doing as so much of the plot revolved around them.

I agree. I think Yamato did really well with the time it had, but another 13 episodes to really get to know the whole crew could have been incredible. I guess that kind of length isn't really realistic in this day and age, especially for a show that was originally disk-only.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 END
What the fuck!?

might just be one of the worst in general that I have ever seen.

I still haven't got around to watching the last episode of this. :| The first seven episodes were really good, but it dropped off a lot after that.

White Album 2 END
What the fuck!?

Wait until you watch True Tears!...Don't watch True Tears.

Mature

Evangelion 17

--

So for episodes 21-24 should I watch the regular version or the director's cut? I tried to avoid researching this to avoid spoilers, but from what I'm told it's just minor visual differences? And then I'm guessing I should watch the regular 25-26 episodes then End of Evangelion version of them?
Watch the director's cut if it's available to you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is not the first troll end in the franchise, but it is by far the most delicious in how casually it betrays a year's worth of the audience's emotional investment.

My final polemic is still slowly congealing in my brain.
So I skipped like 20 episodes, but the ending seemed pretty happy to me. You even get two daughters for the price of one, including a magic baby.

From what I gather the guy who instigated it wasn't part of the original anime. So with that info alone I'd assume not, but somebody who has seen the anime would have to tell us
I'm going to assume it didn't happen in the original, since that would unnecessarily complicate matters.

Dead

well not really...yet
Evangelion 17

--

The director's cut episodes are meant to bring them more in line with the End of Evangelion movie, they contain several additional plot related scenes iirc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy shit, I had no idea Shinichiro Watanbe was doing a new show. Awesome. Is Space Dandy good? Sounds fun.

It's fun, but for us who were REALLY hyped it's ok at best. Not laugh out loud funny, just chuckle-worthy and mainly an animation reel.

Coyote Ragtime Show 1

Had no idea this was ufotable. Interest piqued and strong first episode.

Kagami

Lemon Angel Project 01-02
I've always been curious about the various Cream Lemon spin-off things but stopped somewhere in the middle of the old Lemon Angel TV series; I think maybe I made it into the beginning of Lemon Hakusho.

gave the (Western) fandom the term "lemon"
Now there's a term I haven't heard in a while. You must be around my age.
Rec.arts.anime.creative was the source of much fine literature. :D

Tomo is voiced by a gravure idol.
Ugh, hopefully not too cringe-worthy.

Mature

Holy shit, I had no idea Shinichiro Watanbe was doing a new show. Awesome. Is Space Dandy good? Sounds fun.
It's a lot of fun and only getting better. Be warned that it's 90% comedy though, so don't go in expecting something like Cowboy Bebop.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 3

So this episode has Sousuke running off to join in the ill-fated mission to rescue the Chinese diplomats and avert a Civil War (keeping in mind that in FMP the Cold War continues and China is divided between the Communist North and the Capitalist South.). A couple of things I find interesting in this episode.

First, we have Vincent Bruno. He's a nasty traitor, who, at least in the manga, is singled out as the man responsible for giving Gauron the data he needed during the Submarine Arc last series, too. He's important because Bruno is the first big time traitor to the cause we see. There are two traitors during the Submarine Arc, too, but they're far less pivotal than Bruno. The issue of people betraying Mythril is a pretty big one
since ultimately Kalinin and even Mythril's chief proprietor Lord Mallory are exposed as traitors.
Also, horrible as the consequences for what Bruno does are, I can't hate him entirely, because the episode in which he gets his comeuppance is one of my favorites in the show's entire run.

Next, Sousuke demonstrates in this episode that he isn't an idiot (there are people who claim Sousuke is mentally impaired, after all). As Mao sums up the situation, and Kurz is incapable of parsing its meaning, Sousuke points it out with surprising ease. This is because a knowledge of the political implications of warfare is Sousuke's thing, where Kurz is seen bitching at the start of the episode about "politics" and Mao has to explain that "economics" figures into things for Kurz, too. Of course a knowledge of the greater scope of issues isn't necessary to Kurz, but it was to Sousuke, since he lived and died by things beyond his control. Sousuke has then, demonstrated that he has technical knowledge, engineering skills, and a pretty good grip on at least some level of social sciences, in spite of his lack of understanding of mathematics, literature and history.

This again plays into the fan theory that Sousuke is a Whispered, whose area of expertise is in warfare, as his genius all connects back to that.

Quasar

White Album 2 END
What the fuck!?

I liked it overall. Found it to be one of the better love triangle animes I'd seen. Though I question leaving the full conclusion off given there doesnt seem to be enough material for a second season.

I liked it overall. Found it to be one of the better love triangle animes I'd seen. Though I question leaving the full conclusion off given there doesnt seem to be enough material for a second season.

They only covered the "Introductory Chapter," there's another 30+ hour VN worth of material left over. There's a time skip and things begin again.

Quasar

They only covered the "Introductory Chapter," there's another 30+ hour VN worth of material left over. There's a time skip and things begin again.

Ah what?

I thought what was the show was essentially two VNs, just the epilogue never got used. And I read a summary/ review of that bit. And I wasn't totally upset by the routes as described in that summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom