• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
To expand on this, apparently they've confirmed that they're telling a non-route specific story with this F/SN, and will be a new continuity not told in the original game. There are also reworked designs, including more modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin. Half the scripts are already completed and most of those are storyboarded. They started voice recording last Fall, and have already completed several episodes.
Huh, starting to sound like this actually has a chance of being good.

Jarmel

Banned
To expand on this, apparently they've confirmed that they're telling a non-route specific story with this F/SN, and will be a new continuity not told in the original game. There are also reworked designs, including more modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin. Half the scripts are already completed and most of those are storyboarded. They started voice recording last Fall, and have already completed several episodes.

mal-what.gif

Soma

Niiice.

Gazoinks

So what you're saying is that this could actually be good. Hurrah.

Gazoinks

Depends on who is doing the scripts. If Urobuchi is doing this...

ku-xlarge.gif

Don't speak such words Jarmel. My hopes will be inevitably crushed.

What they'll do is announce it's Urobuchi and then at the last minute take it back. It's all Urobuchi's master plan to meta crush us.

raven777

I am excited and worried at the same time for F/SN anime. I kinda wished that they take HF route but new story means it could be better than HF or other routes.

It'll be interesting to see how they write this FSN adaptation. Hopefully they don't try to cram in as much stuff as possible.

There are going to be some salty FSN fans out there, pissed off that HF is never going to be animated.

Sakura a shit.
I just wanted to see Ufotable animate the HF fight scenes. This adaptation might be able to fulfill some of that desire,

duckroll

It's not going to be Urobuchi because Ufotable uses their own internal writers. He's a bad anime writer anyway. So it's better to have people who actually understand how to develop a show handle it.

Jarmel

Banned
It's not going to be Urobuchi because Ufotable uses their own internal writers. He's a bad anime writer anyway. So it's better to have people who actually understand how to develop a show handle it.

I would prefer Urobuchi coming up with the overall narrative structure and planning and letting Ufotable do the scripts. There's some questionable stuff Ufotable has done with adapting and I don't exactly trust them to tell a completely new narrative.

I would prefer Urobuchi coming up with the overall narrative structure and planning and letting Ufotable do the scripts. There's some questionable stuff Ufotable has done with adapting and I don't exactly trust them to tell a completely new narrative.

Would they be doing that without any TypeMoon oversight anyway?

fertygo

Still believe its gonna be HF, and if they manage to make it more tied with F/Z and less "sakura route".. oh my.

And I like the fact the production seem going pretty smooth and well planned, dat Ufotable.
Just kill off Saber in the first three episodes and I'll watch the rest.

Maybe you would see that.

duckroll

Nothing Ufotable has done is more questionable than Psychopass. :)

Jarmel

Banned
Would they be doing that without any TypeMoon oversight anyway?

We'll see I guess. It depends on who is doing the scripts, they might even bring someone from TM on board.

Nothing Ufotable has done is more questionable than Psychopass. :)

And their best work is adapting something that he wrote. He would have the balls to kill characters off if the story was heading in certain directions, something I'm not sure Ufo wants or is capable of doing on their own.

duckroll

And their best work is adapting something that he wrote. He would have the balls to kill characters off if the story was heading in certain directions, something I'm not sure Ufo wants or is capable of doing on their own.

I think you have a pretty naive perspective on this. It's not about balls. This is an adaptation of Fate/Stay Night, a story created by Type Moon and Nasu. The creative oversight is going to be from them regardless of who writes the actual screenplay.

Dresden

Still believe its gonna be HF, and if they manage to make it more tied with F/Z and less "sakura route".. oh my.

And I like the fact the production seem going pretty smooth and well planned, dat Ufotable.

Maybe you would see that.

If it was HF, I think they would just say it's HF.

Besides, that just replaces generic saber with
dark side of the force saber

Jarmel

Banned
I think you have a pretty naive perspective on this. It's not about balls. This is an adaptation of Fate/Stay Night, a story created by Type Moon and Nasu. The creative oversight is going to be from them regardless of who writes the actual screenplay.

We'll see, but Urobuchi under TM and Nasu's oversight created the best thing about the franchise.

Yep. This is going to be a multi-media venture using TypeMoon's most important property, they aren't going to be completely hands off and let Ufotable's writers do whatever they want with their cash cow.

duckroll

We'll see, but Urobuchi under TM and Nasu's oversight created the best thing about the franchise.

Fate/Zero had almost no oversight. That's why I say your perspective is naive. It was a story Type Moon didn't feel like telling themselves, so they let someone else tell it. That's a totally different situation from Fate/Stay Night.

Fate/Zero had almost no oversight. That's why I say your perspective is naive. It was a story Type Moon didn't feel like telling themselves, so they let someone else tell it. That's a totally different situation from Fate/Stay Night.

Nasu was involved with and supervised the original LN, so even then it wasn't like Urobuchi had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

Jarmel

Banned

He had to submit stuff to Nasu, who approved it. Takeuchi also had some involvement too. F/Z had oversight. Now as to the flexibility granted to F/SN, who knows? I'm guessing they're going to allow some substantial changes, maybe not killing Saber off in the first 6 episodes (but I doubt anyone wants to do that) though.

wonzo

Banned
GBF 16

gundambf16.jpg

I tend to be pretty down on deadbeat dads but the idea of a Gunpla Cop fighting against the Gunpla Mafia is too amazing to hate on. Goddamn, Gunpla Cops v Mafia MOBA when?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think we can stop praising Urobuchi after Madoka Movie 3. It'd only be a matter of time before he fucked up Fate as well!

duckroll

Nasu was involved with and supervised the original LN, so even then it wasn't like Urobuchi had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

He had to submit stuff to Nasu, who approved it. Takeuchi also had some involvement too. F/Z had oversight. Now as to the flexibility granted to F/SN, who knows? I'm guessing they're going to allow some substantial changes, maybe not killing Saber off in the first 6 episodes (but I doubt anyone wants to do that) though.

In practical terms we know that it didn't mean much, because Nasu has said he wanted to let Urobuchi write what he wanted. Urobuchi himself was more concerned about being true to the established setting and not disappointing fans. Approval is natural when working with someone else's copyright, but Nasu is definitely going to be a lot more involved when it's something reworking a story he actually wrote. See: Garden of Sinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom