• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

If Kill la Kill and Space Dandy were false messiahs, who's the real savior of anime then? WHO DO WE TURN TO?!

Anime was already saved in 1979.

I think that's why liked that ep, and to a lesser extent, 14. I was desperate for something, anything, to happen past the usual posturing and Ryuko being useless.

I was so glad that she did something on her own. Then I felt sad because that's all we've come to expect out of the show.

CorvoSol

Admiral Woofington, RE: FMP Sigma I think the entire last chapter of volume 16 might actually be off limits until you've read through volume 14, but I'm not completely sure yet. I will let you know when I finish it.

EDIT: Yeah, so you don't want to read the last two story pages of Volume 16, chapter 70 "Very Merry Christmas" nor any of the next chapter "Calm Before the Storm" until you have read volumes 4-14.

If Kill la Kill and Space Dandy were false messiahs, who's the real savior of anime then? WHO DO WE TURN TO?!

3DPY1OU.jpg

The future™

Quasar

Pilot's Love Song - Episode 4

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but I think my enjoyment of this show has dropped like a rock. I like the setting a lot, and the characters and story is honestly inoffensive, but I just can't get interested in the way they're telling this story. It feels really juvenile in a way I can't really stand. It's probably a mix of how the story tries to deal with historical style drama which would benefit from being more complex and nuanced, but instead it's being told as a kid's story here with no subtly and filled with simplistic storytelling. I'll probably be dropping this shortly if nothing changes.

My interest is waning but I'm still willing to give it another episode or so.

I'll admit having both the leads being secretly those other people brings it down. One I could live with. And of course I don't know why shes in disguise like that. Isn't she like the head of state of the new kingdom after having Kals parents butchered?

I'll admit having both the leads being secretly those other people brings it down. One I could live with. And of course I don't know why shes in disguise like that. Isn't she like the head of state of the new kingdom after having Kals parents butchered?

Sadly i think episode 5 will be beach episode lol(according to preview)
Maybe should wait episode 6 aired then watch 5+6 at same time,then decided keep watching or not

She seems to be more of a puppet or religious figurehead for more powerful people. She was just a child when the revolution happened.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Magi - S2E17

I'm enjoying this series so far but after seeing this most recent episode, I get the feeling that the arc that is about to start will bring a great purging. Can anyone who's read past this point in the mange let me know the gist of who's about to die (in spoiler tags or IM) just so I can emotionally prepare myself? I really hate most kinds of surprises.

duckroll

Magi - S2E17

I'm enjoying this series so far but after seeing this most recent episode, I get the feeling that the arc that is about to start will bring a great purging. Can anyone who's read past this point in the mange let me know the gist of who's about to die (in spoiler tags or IM) just so I can emotionally prepare myself? I really hate most kinds of surprises.

Why don't you go ask in the manga thread if you want manga spoilers.

Jarmel

Banned
One thing I'm wondering about with the Fall airdate for F/SN is whether they'll try to air it at the same time in the US ala Space Dandy.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Why don't you go ask in the manga thread if you want manga spoilers.

I guess I'll go do that if that's my only option. I was trying to keep it within the context of the anime since I have no idea how much of the work has been adapted.

Ezalc

Those in the know have long since turned to Gundam Build Fighters for their anime saving needs.

I will continue to refuse this for the lack of having G suits with awesome moments. So far the only one that did anything cool is Fuunsaiki and that was because of the race. Niels is cringeworthy as hell.

Dandy La Kill4lyfe.

Branduil

Well known franchise, even in the West, and is a battle anime with high production values?

Is it that well-known in the west? I would think, if Aniplex actually cared about the franchise's popularity in the west, they would have already aired Fate/Zero on Toonami. And it would not cost hundreds of dollars to buy the bluray.

It wouldn't make any sense to push for a simulcast of Fate/Stay Night when you're pursuing a strategy of marketing the franchise as a niche luxury item.

Dresden

I will continue to refuse this for the lack of having G suits with awesome moments. So far the only one that did anything cool is Fuunsaiki and that was because of the race. Niels is cringeworthy as hell.

Dandy La Kill4lyfe.

Dude, Nils is the best.

Jarmel

Banned
Is it that well-known in the west? I would think, if Aniplex actually cared about the franchise's popularity in the west, they would have already aired Fate/Zero on Toonami. And it would not cost hundreds of dollars to buy the bluray.

It wouldn't make any sense to push for a simulcast of Fate/Stay Night when you're pursuing a strategy of marketing the franchise as a niche luxury item.

They released a dub only version of the BDs, so it's somewhat cheap now.

Narag

Dandy La Kill4lyfe.

You'll change that tune when the
Master Gundam
... probably just job to Gyan kid but it'll still be cool to see it animated again.

So I saw this in the Kill la Kill OT...

And I have to say...if it is by any means possible, then does anyone think that Dan Green should totally be the dub voice of Gamagoori if Kill la Kill ever gets dubbed? I don't know what he's doing now (I heard somewhere that he had retired from voice-acting, though I may be wrong) but if that's true then its a damn shame.

It just feels like his voice is perfect for him. With the way Gamagoori is constantly yelling in that big booming voice half the time while still being able to speak calmly (like when he speaks with Mako), it almost seems too perfect.

Jarmel

Banned
Anyone familiar enough with Toonami's schedule to know whether they could even theoretically fit Fate/Zero in before the Fall? They would need roughly six months.

People will get a second job to buy it.

Come on sugaaaaaaaaa daddy! Give me ma medicine! MAAAA Fate/Zero! I'LL DO ANYTHING FO FATE ZERO!

*unzips pants*

Time Jam: Valerian and Laureline Series

I'm not one for long series reviews, so I'll just say it was a very enjoyable show. While it had plenty of weak episodes that had almost no relevance to the overall plot or main cast of characters, there were plenty of fantastic episodes.

The relationship between Valerian and Laureline was the driving force of this anime though (outside the cool alien designs). Their chemistry was fantastic, it's a shame they decided to never show them kiss on screen the few times they did it in the show, don't know if it was to keep the spirit that these two were always insisting they were friends or something else but they showed just about everybody else kissing. Their dynamic got a bit tiresome at part since it was obvious they loved each other, but I learned to deal with it.

It's a bit eerie to watch a show based off old sci-fi since it's just weird to see aliens mimic humans in everyway. I mean when most aliens look humanoid, have marriages and similar customs, wear clothing, own hotels, etc... you might as well just have humans.

I give the show a 7.5/10. Near the end it was outstaying its welcome with some of the more boring/useless episodes that brought nothing to the table. I recommend the show if you're into sci fi tv shows and/or a fan of Mass Effect as there are plenty of similarities with its depiction of aliens and space. The British voices grew on me after a couple of episodes.

Anyone familiar enough with Toonami's schedule to know whether they could even theoretically fit Fate/Zero in before the Fall? They would need roughly six months.

They really should but I think it entirely depends on whether whoever owns the rights for the Fate/Zero dub wants to release it on Toonami. Isn't it like two major anime distributors that have shows in Toonami?

Either ways the show is perfect for Adult Swim. Dark, edgy, good and with great characters. It'd bring in fans of GITS and FMAB for sure. If not those of older shows such as Wolf's Rain. No idea why they havent' done it yet. One thing's for sure if Attack on Titan gets an english dub you bet your sweet ass Toonami will find a way to air it, it's too profitable not to.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I hope that, in fifteen years, one day I'll be in an overstock outlet like Big Lots or Tuesday Morning and find a pile of Fate/Zero boxsets in a bin of dollar DVDs. Not because I want it for cheap, but because it'll mean that Aniplex sat on them unsold for that long.

I hope that, in fifteen years, one day I'll be in an overstock outlet like Big Lots or Tuesday Morning and find a pile of Fate/Zero boxsets in a bin of dollar DVDs. Not because I want it for cheap, but because it'll mean that Aniplex sat on them unsold for that long.

What the hell is a DVD? Is that like a blu-ray?

wonzo

Banned
And on that day…

Hyouka will still be unlicensed.

So, I just learned that Chuunibyou got pushed back to Thursday at 11:00PM CST.

...Why Crunchyroll... Why do you hate Thursdays! I have like 8 shows on Thursday now. This is insane!

zeroshiki

Even the Japanese don't get the shows simulcast, guys. Having it delayed a day or two means you still have it better than some poor saps who live outside Tokyo who get it a week later if at all.

CorvoSol

Even the Japanese don't get the shows simulcast, guys. Having it delayed a day or two means you still have it better than some poor saps who live outside Tokyo who get it a week later if at all.

I feel so sorry for those poor Japanese children who don't have access to the internet.

How can they live in so technologically backwards a country?

Mature

Alongside scratched up, used Baccano BDs and Madoka in stock jewel cases.

I've never been in a Tuesday Morning, but the thought of anime in any form being in one is funny to me. I know Big Lots have weird towers of aftermarket dvds that will have anime singles slipped in sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom