• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

At least nobody holds up Kill la Kill as a show all about character development. I've seen more exciting upsets in a snail race than I have in 11 episodes of Huuuuuuurka. It's like they took that whole "It's a show about nothing!" and RAN with it.

Well I could probably explain it later but I don't know if it would be fruitful halfway through the show, and it was easier and more fun just to snipe at Imaishi again.

Desert Punk Dub 12

That kid was super fucking annoying, at least Kosuna has redeemed herself at this point. Pretty funny episode with a good punch line and great action.

CorvoSol

Adding to its menagerie of giant reptiles, Kenya Boy has just told me that there are lion eating snakes in Africa. This isn't meant to be a realistic depiction of Africa, I suppose. Like how this white Japanese dude is now more skilled than this African dude who has been doing this his entire life.

Quasar

I miss the days when people would exictedly post about anime they liked and praised and etc. Sadly 2013 and 2014 seems to continue the trend of people spending more time complaining than enjoying and often it makes it just plain odd to spend time discussing or even viewing topics on anime. People could be more productive with their time than complain, I think. Though I guess Im the only one that holds that view sadly. A hobby shouldnt really be making one spend their time complaining, grumbling, or even evoke feelings of sadness and and disgust.

Certainly things like hatewatching makes all that a hundred times worse. But having a negative reaction to a piece of media and wanting to discuss that reaction is perfectly valid up a point. When thats all you have though I do think its time to walk away.

Though personally I'm generally too lazy and would rather talk about the things I do like.

Gbraga

Man, I'm gonna stay rejuniored forever

Don't wanna be forever young.

Can't a mod change it from junior member to just member? :(

Jarmel

Banned
Adding to its menagerie of giant reptiles, Kenya Boy has just told me that there are lion eating snakes in Africa. This isn't meant to be a realistic depiction of Africa, I suppose.

python5caters.JPG

Not quite.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 5
buddyfight_by_tristtrist-d74jw5i.gif

Good change of pace at least for going back to Tasuku and the things that the Buddypolice does. Im impressed with how much money whoever is throwing into their budget, if their able to have their own satellite in orbit capable of generating force fields around entire locations to allow the abilities to come to life. Tasuku's sword is still the most epic thing in the anime
though impressed how Wolf somehow was able to evade it.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 5
buddyfight_by_tristtrist-d74jw5i.gif

Good change of pace at least for going back to Tasuku and the things that the Buddypolice does. Im impressed with how much money whoever is throwing into their budget, if their able to have their own satellite in orbit capable of generating force fields around entire locations to allow the abilities to come to life. Tasuku's sword is still the most epic thing in the anime
though impressed how Wolf somehow was able to evade it.

Wait a minute...
There's a second Gargantia Punisher? Oh boy...

Tenumi

Banned
Oh goodness, catching up on last week Toonami, specifically... SAO

Oh god, they just figured out in game who they actually are? Wow. And Sugu goes off on a tangent because she can't do her brothercousin.

This show, man, this show. How exactly are there people that like this, again?

Sad part is, I'll probably watch SAO 2...

Hagi

Huh that cardfight series looks pretty cool. Didn't really get far into Bushiroads other TCG series but i might give this a try.

CorvoSol

Persona 4 TAS 5

1. Yu joined the BBall team. He chose poorly. Soccer is where it is at, bra.

2. Can't get over the fact that Kou has the same voice actor as Kurz.

3. Man, when
Adachi put his hand on Yu's shoulder
I was like "DON'T. TOUCH. ME."

4. Why the fuck does Nanako like going to Junes so much? It's like if a kid was in love with Wal-Mart.

5. Yu's reaction to hearing someone had a crush on Chie is fucking priceless.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill La Kill 16

Oh boy, what an episode.

Ok first off

, that bath scene was disgusting as all hell. Secondly, I'm glad we actually know what the heck life fibers are and what the grand scheme is turning into. Looks like next episode will be the intro for a fight between Nui/Ragyo vs. Satsuki/Ryuuko/Nudist beach in the stadium.

Kill La Kill 16

Last three eps have been nice. This one in particular felt like I was watching a different show.

The plot is finally moving forward for once!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, it's a pretty dick move doing anything otherwise.
Well I will submit that it was an oversight on my part, but it is the first line in the OP and people had a month to vote. It would have been nice if someone pointed it out before hand though rather than after the end elapsed. I even used the universal timezone so no one had to do any timezone conversions.

It wasn't intended to be a "dick move" I just did midnight since that's the usual time things end.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, he did give prior notice when exactly the deadline was, and using UTC is a pretty sensible measure in terms of something applying globally. It's not the only way to do it, but it's one.

Narag

Well I will submit that it was an oversight on my part, but it is the first line in the OP and people had a month to vote. It would have been nice if someone pointed it out before hand though rather than after the end elapsed. I even used the universal timezone so no one had to do any timezone conversions.

I agree this is something that should have come up a month ago but a slight extension might be a good idea.

wonzo

Banned
Most people don't uses the universal timezone though so they'd have to convert it anyway. Probably would've been best to include one of those time countdown gifs or something.

I agree about not reading the OP though.

It wasn't intended to be a "dick move" I just did midnight since that's the usual time things end.
Fair enough.

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 15

I don't think anything this show does can surprise me any more. Which could actually spell its downfall if it weren't for the fact that it's just so damn entertaining. NICE JUSTICE!

I like the idea of
a fugitive Flamenco on the run from a corrupt government
. Here's hoping this results in him seeking out help from his oldest and most trusted allies, Gotou and Mari. It would be nice to see them get a chance to shine.

Nordicus

Goddamnit SDBurton, what did you do to my Guild Wars 2?

Marjory Delaqua: Oh, Kas. Shhhh. It's okay.
Marjory Delaqua: Listen, honey. Why don't you stay with me tonight? You shouldn't be alone.
Kasmeer Meade: I'm afraid I'll never want to leave.
Marjory Delaqua: I won't let you.

Branduil

Yeah, he did give prior notice when exactly the deadline was, and using UTC is a pretty sensible measure in terms of something applying globally. It's not the only way to do it, but it's one.

It makes sense from a certain perspective but when you consider it means the entire western hemisphere will have passed the deadline before January has ended for them I feel like it's a lot less logical.

I mean it is technically fair since it was in the OP but I don't feel like it hurts the legitimacy of anyone's votes to extend it either.

Articalys

Samurai Flamenco 15

I don't think anything this show does can surprise me any more. Which could actually spell its downfall if it weren't for the fact that it's just so damn entertaining. NICE JUSTICE!
I think that this image rather succinctly captures how I feel about Samumenco by now, even if it is sort of a meme.

Desert Punk Dub 13

Suddenly serious Desert Punk, Styker is a cool character who imagine does more in the manga but we probably won't see in the anime :(

Really interesting seeing the clashing ideals of Punk and Stryker and how messed up the world of DP really is.

Kazzy

This episode in "Character Development" the anime, we learn that Hotaro's motivating factor is . . . when people jerk him off!

So rich! So deep! So subtle! So meaningful

I don't even understand what the hell this even means! Your criticism is more ponderous than the show you're criticizing!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Let's just say that you saw the future, and there was no toothbrush.

Not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Are you a time traveller?

Oh shit I've been found out!

Honestly, people had a month to vote. There's no excuse for people who weren't able to get their posts in in time. #realtalk #stopprocrastinating

Goddamnit SDBurton, what did you do to my Guild Wars 2?

I made the game worth playing! You're welcome!

Jokes aside GW2 was a hell of a lot fun to play, will probably get back into it sometime soon.

Wait did Samurai Flamenco stop being a crappy anime version of Kick Ass and turn into a serious action show? Should I jump back in I quit half way though episode 1 because it was so dumb.

Rewatching Gargantia with buddy and the first thing he says when we start is "I fucking hate that squirrel please tells me it shuts the fuck up"

VgIaQuj.png

No bro. It doesn't. IT DOESN'T

CorvoSol

I don't even understand what the hell this even means! Your criticism is more ponderous than the show you're criticizing!

Impossible. My criticism can be read in less time than it takes to sit through an episode of the show. I'm almost convinced Hyouka has the power to dilate time and make itself drag on for what should be twice its stated runtime.

I just can't prove it because all the lab rats I forced to watch mercy killed each other.

Not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Truly, the dental incest fetishists inside all of us weep bitter tears of mouthwash.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, so I extended the time to 8am UTC. You better vote.

Take this as a lesson on why you should read the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom