• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Yeah. Dunno. Most posts in AoT thread were quite positive compared to something like SAO though so I thought it's going to run away with AOTY. Maybe Jojo having existing fanbase had a effect that people bothered to vote despite not watching anything else.

If the entire middle of AoT hadn't happened I might have voted for it.

Branduil

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 3

iOtnVEdXDw0uW.jpg

AS YOU ALL KNOW

What the heck, those kids which turned out to be vampires getting their heads almost squeezed off was really disturbing.
It's nice that they took some time off from panty shots to give us some bro bonding.

So after a busy week of me working a little fanfic of mine and other things, it's time for me to get back into a show I started last year but sort of forgot about. Anywho, thankfully I remember where I left off.

Full Metal Panic! - 8

I forgot how hilarious the juxtaposition of anti-terrorist soldier in a high-school setting was. I loved it when he played the dating sim. For the love of all that is sacred, don't let this man near Call of Duty!

"Why do I hear the voices of children? Where is everybody? Why can I only call in an airstrike after killing a certain number of people in a row?"

He'd be better off playing Battlefield.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah that's what I thought, it's like Trigun if the protagonist wasn't a super human freak and was more of a normal pervert 20 something who's overly exception and bright if not a bit insane. I think some of it's lewdness factor might scare people away which is too bad as it's really well done. It's too bad this didn't and probably will never air on Toonami as the dub is spectacular and I feel a lot of that audience would love Desert Punk

actually I feel the same way. Desert Punk would have been absolutely perfect for Toonami/Adult Swim. Huuuuuuge missed opportunity.

Kill la Kill 16

Opening: Naked Tsumugu and a better song automatically make it superior to the first one. CG is shit though.
Ending: Going to be very cruel if Mako actually dies.

So much Sensei goodness.

Glad to see the show starting to show even more of him and Tsumugu now.

I could do without the unnecessary bath scene. Didn't really need to see a mother molest her daughter.

Japan is releasing a GJ-Club complete collection Blu-ray March.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/GJ%E9%83%A8-%E3%82%8A%E3%81%B4%E3%83%BC%E3%81%A8-%E3%81%A7%E3%81%83%E3%81%99%E3%81%8F-Blu-ray-%E4%B8%8B%E9%87%8E/dp/B00HZLWRE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391218027&sr=8-1&keywords=4988021713078

What I do not understand, and hope someone can better translate than Google Translate, is why all 12 episodes are on just one BD. This does not seem to be a summary release, as the 276 minutes shows that 12 episodes were 23 minutes each, but Google Translate kind of translated it that way. I ask this as most Japanese BD-boxes have more than one disc, yet still fewer discs than the single releases.

Okay, let's try this again. Sorry for the confusion.

-------------------------

Hey guys I made a short survey about Winter shows and a couple other things. If you've got a minute please feel free to take a look and fill it out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DSo3EJnLomx2jNIPlOvb__kYa2ighDFWTe_kRlkex8w/viewform

(lurkers welcome too this time)

Should give a nice little at-a-glance look at which shows are getting the most viewership.

Had to double-check my watch list since all the series' names on your doc are the Romanized titles and not the English given titles by the licensor/streamer.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
*40 secs into Sakura Trick*

"Why are you kissing me all over?"

"Because I couldn't reach your mouth."

This. Show.

Kill la Kill 16

Opening: Naked Tsumugu and a better song automatically make it superior to the first one. CG is shit though.r.

The only thing that bugs me with the OP is the part where they look like they are sliding.

Really bugs me.

Hey guys I made a short survey about Winter shows and a couple other things. If you've got a minute please feel free to take a look and fill it out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DSo3EJnLomx2jNIPlOvb__kYa2ighDFWTe_kRlkex8w/viewform

Done.

Desert Punk Dub 15

HOLY SHIT

This really is Trigun, plot suddenly got story focused and very dark/serious. Machine Gun Bros sister is awesome and the action seen was completely bad ass. That final shot :O damn I'm all on board

CorvoSol

I finished it to give it a fair shake for the AOTY thread and...

i agree with the above.

I think Attack on Titan had a really strong start, and it had a pretty decent end, but the problem is the middle openly exposed one to every single flaw the show had, so that when the ending came around those flaws could no longer be overlooked.

So after a busy week of me working a little fanfic of mine and other things, it's time for me to get back into a show I started last year but sort of forgot about. Anywho, thankfully I remember where I left off.

Full Metal Panic! - 8

I forgot how hilarious the juxtaposition of anti-terrorist soldier in a high-school setting was. I loved it when he played the dating sim. For the love of all that is sacred, don't let this man near Call of Duty!

"Why do I hear the voices of children? Where is everybody? Why can I only call in an airstrike after killing a certain number of people in a row?"

He'd be better off playing Battlefield.

Sousuke actually legit has problems with war movies and war games. Pretty sure that comes up fairly soon.

More people watching FMP warms my tiny, cockled heart.

Well my brains are pretty numb for temporary pacing problems after they have seen and processed hundreds of episodes of Dragon Ball, Naruto and One PIece lol.

Ah, well there you go. I don't watch them shows, haha. I struggle with just 50 episode runs of mecha shows because I honestly do not believe 90% of Gundam NEEDS those 50 episodes or makes good use of them.

Kill la Kill 16

I could do without the unnecessary bath scene. Didn't really need to see a mother molest her daughter.

So, thinking about this again, I kind of hope they actually address that later. Like, I doubt that ever happens, but I hope they do have that come back around to bite Ragyo in a big way. It also explains, somewhat, why Satsuki is the way she is.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, let's try this again. Sorry for the confusion.

-------------------------

(lurkers welcome too this time)

Should give a nice little at-a-glance look at which shows are getting the most viewership.

I took part. Thanks for setting this up.

Japan is releasing a GJ-Club complete collection Blu-ray March.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/GJ%E9%83%A8-%E3%82%8A%E3%81%B4%E3%83%BC%E3%81%A8-%E3%81%A7%E3%81%83%E3%81%99%E3%81%8F-Blu-ray-%E4%B8%8B%E9%87%8E/dp/B00HZLWRE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391218027&sr=8-1&keywords=4988021713078

What I do not understand, and hope someone can better translate than Google Translate, is why all 12 episodes are on just one BD. This does not seem to be a summary release, as the 276 minutes shows that 12 episodes were 23 minutes each, but Google Translate kind of translated it that way. I ask this as most Japanese BD-boxes have more than one disc, yet still fewer discs than the single releases.

Hopefully this gets licensed here because that show was joyous and squeeful.

This. Show.

I knowwwwww ♥♥♥

Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen - 1

So uh...

I feel like I just watched the second-to-last episode, awesome as it was.

Dr. Hell is the best villain name ever.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 16

I feel like something along the lines of this episode should've happened earlier, but at this point I'm glad it happened at all. Fast pacing, plot revelations, actual depth to the characters (especially Satsuki), and more! Woo!

And that scene. Was a thing. Yup. moving on....

This was a good episode, and it gives me hope for that the rest of the series will be quality. Make it so, Trigger!

New OP: Barely any animation, but better song and direction makes better OP.
New ED: Mako/10

cajunator

Banned
Desert Punk Dub 15

HOLY SHIT

This really is Trigun, plot suddenly got story focused and very dark/serious. Machine Gun Bros sister is awesome and the action seen was completely bad ass. That final shot :O damn I'm all on board

it does get a bit dark but no worries the humor continues. This show doesnt stay serious very long.

it does get a bit dark but no worries the humor continues. This show doesnt stay serious very long.

I'm honestly cool with it being darker the whole way though, and it's never stopped being funny the same way Trigun never stopped being funny. I plan to read the manga because apparently this anime skips over a lot of stuff and the manga story is still ongoing.

Midonin

Lemon Angel Project 09-10

The episode I expected to be filled with drama turned out to be heartwarming, and the episode I expected to be heartwarming ended on a rather bittersweet note. That's a surprise. Looks like Takumi knew he wasn't Erica's brother all along, and also didn't care. Family's family. Even finding out that Katagiri trained an idol so hard her vocal chords stopped working (though that may have been her own ambition) ended on a positive note by discovering she's a piano teacher now, and still loving music.

NtR6N9pl.jpg

Now episode 10 was a lot of fun at first. Erica and her idea of disguises continues to amuse, and Miki was revealed to be more than the aloof queen of music she's been presented as thus far. Then there's what happened to Saya. First of all, we have an idol (who was formerly named Yayoi), who's a bit of a crybaby, dresses up in costumes, voiced by Koshimizu...

ie4gxlxl.jpg

It's very much like Yayoi Takatsuki. Her Xenoglossia version. Though with Saya going on about costumes and not wanting to wear them, this morning's Kill La Kill was still fresh on my mind. Then the ending with the old lady.
She was looking for her granddaughter, also named Saya, who it turns out had died a long time ago, and she was trying to live in the past. Though she enjoyed talking with the Saya we know and was given a brief moment of happiness.

The show may not be the best idol show in the world, and that storyline has been seen many times before, but damn if it doesn't know how to aim right for the heartstrings.
Also, the (digital) Lemon Angels are back somehow.
I can see only a few ways this will go.

Hopefully this gets licensed here because that show was joyous and squeeful.

I can see NISA licensing GJ-Club, seeing as they licensed both Nyaruko and The Chronicles of the Going Home Club. Maybe they could license the Minami-ke series and OVAs too?

Going back to my original question, did you have a better translation to the contents of this Japanese BD release than Google did?

Vito

Banned
I don't really want to totally spam the thread with megami pinups, so find your favourite here (or if someone wants to repost it here I already dumped them on minus). Anyways... Mikakunin!

And I can't help myself but ask, why are the boobs blushing in the next one?! I've noticed this in some other illustrations before and it's really bizarre.

cnet128

Banned

Curse you and your Sphere question. Where's the option for "there would be no winner because the whole thing would devolve into a yuri lovefest, now GIVE ME MY SECOND SEASON OF NATSUIRO KISEKI".

This. Show.

IT'S TOO GOOD

Nourin 4

This episode was fine and I appreciated the Ringo development, but it didn't really have much that I feel like commenting on.

Therefore in lieu of comments, have this gif I made from the OP.

ibbNzLkgOkeWdY.gif

Ah, well there you go. I don't watch them shows, haha. I struggle with just 50 episode runs of mecha shows because I honestly do not believe 90% of Gundam NEEDS those 50 episodes or makes good use of them.

Yeah. I can definitely see how people that are not used/don't like normal shonen pacing could have issues with middle section of AoT. Hopefully studio Wit will adapt the second season better now after they have experience of making full lenght tv series (If I remember right AoT was their first tv anime (?)). I can imagine that the budget is not the problem.

CorvoSol

Waitwaitwaitwait that was literally episode 25? Nononono that was episode 14 right? That was the second-to-last episode of the first arc right? No?

FFS Kabuto if you're going to narrate the opening then at least warn me of spoilers first!

That was literally the end of the series. I think the first minute of episode 2 is also the end of the series? Then you have to pick up the last episode of Mazinger Z to see how it all really wraps up.

My only complaint with the series, really.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 2:

Yep, everybody is certainly in so last season mode as the Cloud Knights have basically curb-stomped the entire main squadron and only some last minute mega magic saves their asses. Clearly some new powers are needed to combat this new threat.

Andrew J.

Next season looks like it'll be relatively slow for me, so I should probably get around to finally watching Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid. Maybe I'll try to make a watchbet with Corvo over it.

That was literally the end of the series. I think the first minute of episode 2 is also the end of the series? Then you have to pick up the last episode of Mazinger Z to see how it all really wraps up.

My only complaint with the series, really.

Wow. That's just a dick move.

Whatever. I'll still watch the rest though. I can't get that ending song out of my head.

ROCK MEEEEEEEEE. BURN IT UP.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I
I knowwwwww ♥♥♥

I swear to god I'm gonna buy the fuck outta this show when it gets released here.

====================================

Sakura Trick - 04

QYKYIGD.png

HARUKA YOU PIMP.

This is the show I've been wanting for ages. Cute fluff, comedy, and 100% yuri with legit kissing scenes. Words cannot express how grateful I am to be able to watch this. Goddamn.

Haruka confirmed Madoka Tier:

l8k2w3T.gif

Get your swag on gurl!
NOW PAIR UP YUZU AND KAEDE ALREADY!!

cajunator

Banned
I'm honestly cool with it being darker the whole way though, and it's never stopped being funny the same way Trigun never stopped being funny. I plan to read the manga because apparently this anime skips over a lot of stuff and the manga story is still ongoing.

I cant comment on the manga.

I can see NISA licensing GJ-Club, seeing as they licensed both Nyaruko and The Chronicles of the Going Home Club. Maybe they could license the Minami-ke series and OVAs too?

Going back to my original question, did you have a better translation to the contents of this Japanese BD release than Google did?

NISA release would have a gloriously cute artbook with it. Hell yes I would buy that!

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17934-GJ-bu#post225089

It really is just all 12 episodes on one BD. No extras, no special features, nothing else.

And sorry about the titles; the list that let me copy/paste them all the fastest had them in those forms.

Really considering getting this, even if it does not appear to have English-subs. The singles only appear to have creditless OP/ED, audio commentaries, and some other PR content. Bonuses would be nice to have, but I would probably only watch those extras once anyway. Then the next thing I will have to worry about is securing a copy of the GJ-Club special if/when that is released in April or later.

No problems with the titles, just a minor inconvenience on my end.

NISA release would have a gloriously cute artbook with it. Hell yes I would buy that!

Loved the premium packaging for Zakuro and Katanagatari. The standard edition of Bunny Drop though...I thought I was going to break the discs in half when getting them out. NISA needs to consider better standard release cases for series with more than two discs.

cajunator

Banned
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 2:

Yep, everybody is certainly in so last season mode as the Cloud Knights have basically curb-stomped the entire main squadron and only some last minute mega magic saves their asses. Clearly some new powers are needed to combat this new threat.

they upped the ante. Like stratospheric.

cajunator

Banned
I don't really want to totally spam the thread with megami pinups, so find your favourite here (or if someone wants to repost it here I already dumped them on minus). Anyways... Mikakunin!

And I can't help myself but ask, why are the boobs blushing in the next one?! I've noticed this in some other illustrations before and it's really bizarre.

Thankies Vito.
Mashiro would be a miracle except Japan has proven to be a squee factory. This is no accident.

CorvoSol

Wow. That's just a dick move.

Whatever. I'll still watch the rest though. I can't get that ending song out of my head.

ROCK MEEEEEEEEE. BURN IT UP.

Well, I mean, technically much of the first episode is PARTS of the last few episodes, but there are parts that are in the first episode that sort of complete the series. It's an in media res that is sorta just weird, but I promise the rest of the series is great.

And yeah, I love that OP.

cajunator

Banned
I swear to god I'm gonna buy the fuck outta this show when it gets released here.

====================================

Sakura Trick - 04

This is the show I've been wanting for ages. Cute fluff, comedy, and 100% yuri with legit kissing scenes. Words cannot express how grateful I am to be able to watch this. Goddamn.

Haruka confirmed Madoka Tier:

l8k2w3T.gif

Get your swag on gurl!
NOW PAIR UP YUZU AND KAEDE ALREADY!!

Lots of people will. I think Sakura Trick will be quite popular.

Midonin

Sakura Trick 04

Haruka's well on her way to unlocking the Sonoda sisters route. Must have something to do with the boobs. I am loving this show. The Hidamari Sketch-like visual language combined with some comedic and slightly saucy yuri is a combination that works out pretty well. Looking at the episode titles for next week, Mitsuki is just working her way into the ensemble, isn't she? Anyone crazy enough to turn headgear into headlights would draw attention. Loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom