• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
There was some other show I wanted to see this season and it involved supernatural stuff and cuteness but I cant think what it was.

NagiAsu fits that bill. You were going to watch NagiAsu.

No, I don't care if that's not actually what you were talking about. You were going to watch NagiAsu, dammit!

CorvoSol

The following anime are now all shit:

-All of them.

Orphen 10

Sudden and kind of unnecessary
sex change talk
notwithstanding, what really ruined the episode for me was Orphen's "Oh if I had to choose between you, Stephanie, and saving a whole town, I'd save the town. It's not like I'm putting the lives of countless people on the line by refusing to listen to the Tower of Fang's advice and killing Azaly, instead letting her rampage across the country, so I can satisfy my ego."

Fuck you, Orphen.

Branduil

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 2

i9wtV9lM9Xdml.jpg

Ryotimo at work.

Duckroll was right; Ryotimo is a pervert. Too bad, because the animation in that fight scene was really great.

cnet128

Banned
Its a busy world. Sometimes shows just pass me by. Lately people have been asking me for a lot of help so I have been busy doing other things besides watching anime, which kinda sucks.

Sayu will cry if you don't watch NagiAsu. And it will be adorable.

...Wait, that may not be the best argument >.>

I see there's another one of those "time to complain about anime" threads going in the OT. Or I guess now it's a "time to hold up Kill la Kill as the anime-killer" thread.

I see there's another one of those "time to complain about anime" threads going in the OT. Or I guess now it's a "time to hold up Kill la Kill as the anime-killer" thread.

I miss the days when people would exictedly post about anime they liked and praised and etc. Sadly 2013 and 2014 seems to continue the trend of people spending more time complaining than enjoying and often it makes it just plain odd to spend time discussing or even viewing topics on anime. People could be more productive with their time than complain, I think. Though I guess Im the only one that holds that view sadly. A hobby shouldnt really be making one spend their time complaining, grumbling, or even evoke feelings of sadness and and disgust.

CorvoSol

Hyouka 10

In order to get his lazy ass moving, the boring chick from the movie club sucked Hotaro off. Though she blew and she blew with all her might, she could not manage to inflate the plot's lungs, so she settled for beating his dead horse off instead.

Edit: Meanwhile Mayaka perfectly sums up the entire problem with the show: "We can't solve it because it's boring as a mystery and we can't get into it."

Jarmel

Banned
It's sad, because most people are missing what Miyazaki actually meant with his comments (of course the sensational title doesn't help) in their rush to pile on with their grudges against moe/fanservice/whatever.

Miyazaki's wording probably doesn't help either. That said, I found this other quote by Watanabe and while the message is similar, it's stated in a less antagonistic way.

"As I said yesterday, when you’re making anime, if you get all of your inspiration from anime then your work – you can’t help but for it to be reminiscent of old anime, and it’s going to lack originality and creativity. So I try to get my inspiration from different genres to help my anime be more creative and original."

Mature

Hyouka 10

In order to get his lazy ass moving, the boring chick from the movie club sucked Hotaro off. Though she blew and she blew with all her might, she could not manage to inflate the plot's lungs, so she settled for beating his dead horse off instead.

Edit: Meanwhile Mayaka perfectly sums up the entire problem with the show: "We can't solve it because it's boring as a mystery and we can't get into it."
They'll burn you for this, Corvo.

Jarmel

Banned
Hyouka 10

Well I gotta say your summaries are entertaining.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 1:

Welp, it is a new season and and not a whole lot has changed with the cast and crew in the half year time lapse. Though I can already see why A's gets the praise it does as the dark alliance of mysteriously evil mages has emerged to be a force to be reckoned with. Indeed, the red clad Vita demonstrates she is really good and generating force with her sledgehammer and makes quick work of Nonoha's so last season powers. Looks like the next episode is going to be a team brawl. Yea, this is a much stronger start then season one.

OceanBlue

I miss the days when people would exictedly post about anime they liked and praised and etc. Sadly 2013 and 2014 seems to continue the trend of people spending more time complaining than enjoying and often it makes it just plain odd to spend time discussing or even viewing topics on anime. People could be more productive with their time than complain, I think. Though I guess Im the only one that holds that view sadly. A hobby shouldnt really be making one spend their time complaining, grumbling, or even evoke feelings of sadness and and disgust.

I feel the same way. Well, I don't find it odd that people like to complain or have discussions about complaints. I do the same thing from time to time. I'm just eagerly anticipating the next anime most people here can get on-board with, even if I don't end up watching it myself like Aku no Hana. Too much negativity gets tiring after a while, so it'd be nice to have a reprieve from it.

Luckily Mushishi is coming! :D

Edit: Lol, that being said, I don't really enjoy making posts like this either. Sorry for complaining! :<

Just ignore it. I'm already seeing the usual suspects that hate not only modern anime, but its fans as well. There's even that guy that threatened to shoot moe fans if they got near him or something.

13911991564812hamb.gif

No-rin 4

I just love all the references this show has.

The YES room and the stabbing warning had me in stitches.

Not much lewd or any Becky this episode, but the ending was actually pretty touching.

Didn't think soil and a tomato could do that.

Miyazaki's wording probably doesn't help either. That said, I found this other quote by Watanabe and while the message is similar, it's stated in a less antagonistic way.

Watanabe's comments are valid, but Miyazaki's comments here are even more narrow than that: they're specifically about the importance of observing the human form in action so that an animator can draw realistic human motion.

They'll burn you for this, Corvo.

Eh, people like different things, and "boring" in particular is a very subjective criticism. I find super robot shows in general boring, so I can't complain about Corvo finding a show I love to be boring.

Jarmel

Banned
Watanabe's comments are valid, but Miyazaki's comments here are even more narrow than that: they're specifically about the importance of observing the human form in action so that an animator can draw realistic human motion.

It's the bit at the end that fucks up the message. He's absolutely correct about the human motion segment.

Mature

It's interesting, my friend mentioned this quote to me just as I was reading a Royal Space Force fanzine that was outlining a trip to Florida to observe a real space launch as reference.

Some of the most storied cuts of animation seem to be tied to a real world obsession for reference material. The fable of Iso and the spider for GITS comes to mind.

Branduil

This episode in "Character Development" the anime, we learn that Hotaro's motivating factor is . . . when people jerk him off!

So rich! So deep! So subtle! So meaningful! Can you feel the Sherlock?

Proof that watching Kill la Kill destroys your ability to discern subtlety and nuance.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Any chance someone can help me out with a strange request.. my nephew collapsed on Tuesday night and has been in the hospital since... they still don't know what's wrong with him, but he's finally awake today for the first time since he collapsed Tuesday night.

When they took him in he was wearing a Sakura-Con 2012 t-shirt and they had to cut it off him to hook him up to everything.

One of the first things he said after waking up and realizing the shirt was destroyed was "fuck".

I'm trying to locate a replacement for him, size large or xl would work.. and I'll fork out money for it.. he goes every year and it means a lot to him.. and I'd like to give him something back after what he's been through this week (and still going through).

This is the shirt:

sakuracon2012iazj4.jpg

If anyone can lead me in the right direction, or can hook me up.. let me know.

Thanks

cnet128

Banned
I feel the same way. Well, I don't find it odd that people like to complain or have discussions about complaints. I do the same thing from time to time. I'm just eagerly anticipating the next anime most people here can get on-board with, even if I don't end up watching it myself like Aku no Hana. Too much negativity gets tiring after a while, so it'd be nice to have a reprieve from it.

Luckily Mushishi is coming! :D

Yeah, it's a good thing there's a great anime coming later this year that we can all just sit back and enjoy unreservedly, without any of these silly complaints, arguments or controversy.

Bring on SAO2!

=p

cajunator

Banned

Why do you think Im always so happy and bouncy all the time? Trying to get some positive energy in this thread. Anime is one of the greatest pleasures in my life and no ones taking that from me!!!

CorvoSol

Proof that watching Kill la Kill destroys your ability to discern subtlety and nuance.

At least nobody holds up Kill la Kill as a show all about character development. I've seen more exciting upsets in a snail race than I have in 11 episodes of Huuuuuuurka. It's like they took that whole "It's a show about nothing!" and RAN with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom