• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 7

ie4QzDVq1WPnD.jpg

That had some pretty neat animation.

CorvoSol

I'm sorry, I don't like to be a massive nag, but sometimes I just feel like if I don't keep mentioning an awesome recommendation people will never watch it >.> Don't mean to rush you into anything, watch it when you feel like!

...butyeah that gif was kind of asking for it, even if unintentionally xp

All I know right now is that Samumenco has landed on the List in a single episode.

cnet128

Banned
chuu2-2 - 04

u3coMaQ.jpg

heh, I love Isshiki's poster next to the amazing work of art. Didn't spot that before.

All I know right now is that Samumenco has landed on the List in a single episode.

I always have mixed feelings about people saying SamFlam is List material, because on the one hand it has all the correct WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK-ness in spades, but on the other hand I feel it's too legit good to be surrounded by all those bad things.

Gazoinks

There was no sign, no indication, no hint nor foreshadowing that this would happen.
One minute it's a vaguely Kick Ass plot and it looks like Masayoshi is gonna hang up the cowl and the next A MAN TURNS INTO A GORRILA, SLICES OFF A COP'S HEAD WITH THE GUILLOTINE IN HIS STOMACH, AND THEN EXPLODES.

It's like you're going at a steady clip, then suddenly you're pulled backwards at 100mph and then thrust through a wall.

Imagine how we felt watching it live!

Gintama 32

Great little mini-arc with this and the last episode. Especially the finale of this one. Broke out both the badass and the feels with everyone coming to backup Gin.

cnet128

Banned

To be fair, the impact was kind of spoiled by the fact that there were vague spoilers in the wild a couple weeks in advance if I recall correctly.

On the other hand, that just lulled us into a false sense of security where we thought we were prepared when we could NEVER BE PREPARED.

AnimeGAF's hivemind opinion is: Clannad is pretty good, After Story is amazing (except the ending which is a bit of an asspull but hey the show is so good we can live with that), and Angel Beats is shiiiiiiiiiit.

Personally I think I have a slightly higher opinion of Angel Beats than the AnimeGAF average, but I still don't think it's an exemplary show by any means. It had its moments but was overall a little lacking. (If you want to hear nothing but praise for that show, though, just ask DTL...)

I feel any show that can make me feel anything (especially the emotions After Story invokes) is a powerful show. Considering how stoic I can be with a lot of things if a show or game can do that to me it's great in my book. That's why I like Angel Beats. It had a lot of moments that connected with me. Also Key's humor is great in all their shows.

Gazoinks

To be fair, the impact was kind of spoiled by the fact that there were vague spoilers in the wild a couple weeks in advance if I recall correctly.

On the other hand, that just lulled us into a false sense of security where we thought we were prepared when we could NEVER BE PREPARED.

I thought I knew what was coming, cnet! I THOUGHT I KNEW.

CorvoSol

I always have mixed feelings about people saying SamFlam is List material, because on the one hand it has all the correct WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK-ness in spades, but on the other hand I feel it's too legit good to be surrounded by all those bad things.

The List is all about finding the diamonds in the shit.

You are like... animeGAF's bitch for watching anime. Almost all anime for that matter. I'm merely the one who gets submitted magical girl stuff. (thank god I'm on downtime right now).

MISSION SUCCEASEFULLY

It's so true, haha. Mostly because 1) I really have a lot of free time right now and 2) I'm desperately searching for something to fill the hole that has been left by FMP, Gun/Diebuster and Monogatari.

All I know is I was laughing like a madman as soon as it happened.

jbug617

Banned
Mikakunin De Shinkoukei 4

Seemed like it was going to be a regular episode then it happened.

Hakuya did this magical dash and the episode concluded about when should they tell Konbeni their family secret.

My guess they have the ability to transform into wolves.

Next week I think we are going to get a new girl into the show.

Maken-ki - 04
Another neat episode
Because it focused on the flat chest , the stats are kinda weird

BSR in decline -72%
PSR in decline -22%

The stupidity of the whole thing is kinda managing to keep me over

i expected worse for a "date" episode , they kept it fairly good considering the material.

The maid café , was alright .
The lingerie shop was ...Well it wasn't disapointing given that it was fanservice heavy BUT
Maken-Ki%21%20-%2004.jpg

Fatal error

There! Hey let's bring a perverted guy in a lingerie shop , now i wonder what could happen .

Finally the fight was alright, i'm kinda annoyed that so far the guy "wake up" only when a defenseless girl is in need, i guess that's how you go for a harem route , but it's getting ridiculous.

It's so true, haha. Mostly because 1) I really have a lot of free time right now and 2) I'm desperately searching for something to fill the hole that has been left by FMP, Gun/Diebuster and Monogatari.

Oddly enough, I think finishing Doremi and catching up with HxH just caused a massive hole for me... and I'm coping with it by not watching anime, but instead, focusing on the games.

Granted... it doesn't help that I was plowing through HxH first, then Aikatsu (lowest amount) and then Doremi, and finishing each show in close succession. At least it got me to the point where I just played and finished Wonderful 101.

Maybe HapCha will save the day.

I actually watched Angel Beats before Clannad and After Story. It's one of my favorite actually, although it took me a long while to get around to watching episode 2 which pulled me into the show and loving it.

Glad you like Clannad so much. It's one of my favorites too. (I like to think of Clannad and After story as one long story instead of separating them)

I think it's quite special like most Key animes (Clannad, Little Busters, Kanon). It has less "filler" like episodes and isn't as confusing as Little Busters can get.

Kanon was the first Key anime I watched so that one is my favorite.

If you only watch Clannad and not After Story or After Story without watching Clannad first, then you're doing it wrong.

I got Angel Beats in my backlog. I should probably add Little Busters as well.

I've also seen Air. Though it was good, but not great. Not enough comedy and trying to cram too much story into 12 episodes IMO.

CorvoSol

Oddly enough, I think finishing Doremi and catching up with HxH just caused a massive hole for me... and I'm coping with it by not watching anime, but instead, focusing on the games.

Granted... it doesn't help that I was plowing through HxH first, then Aikatsu (lowest amount) and then Doremi, and finishing each show in close succession. At least it got me to the point where I just played and finished Wonderful 101.

Maybe HapCha will save the day.

Next month my intake of all will likely decrease. Gotta churn out two literature reviews for scholarly papers I'm writing next month.

Hunter X Hunter will definitely fill that hole if you want a new long series to get into.

Seriously, you would love it.

Kanon was the first Key anime I watched so that one is my favorite.

If you only watch Clannad and not After Story or After Story without watching Clannad first, then you're doing it wrong.

I got Angel Beats in my backlog. I should probably add Little Busters as well.

I've also seen Air. Though it was good, but not great. Not enough comedy and trying to cram too much story into 12 episodes IMO.

Oh I watched Clannad and After Story. I love them. I own them on Blu-Ray too. I just wanted to see what AnimeGAF thought of them and it's pretty positive which makes me happy. Wasn't sure what the greater GAF community thought of them until now.

Angel Beats is only 13 episodes but I think it balances itself well and doesn't get bogged down with side stories or filler which is why I like it so much. Every line and every scene serve a purpose to the story. Even the humorous parts which serve to have you grow attached to the characters. I've watched all Key animes dubbed and subbed and I have to say the dubs are done superbly. I actually prefer watching Angel Beats and the Clannad Series dubbed.

Gazoinks

Oh I watched Clannad and After Story. I love them. I own them on Blu-Ray too. I just wanted to see what AnimeGAF thought of them and it's pretty positive which makes me happy. Wasn't sure what the greater GAF community thought of them until now.

Angel Beats is only 13 episodes but I think it balances itself well and doesn't get bogged down with side stories or filler which is why I like it so much. Every line and every scene serve a purpose to the story. Even the humorous parts which serve to have you grow attached to the characters. I've watched all Key animes dubbed and subbed and I have to say the dubs are done superbly. I actually prefer watching Angel Beats and the Clannad Series dubbed.

I didn't like Clannad very much (or rather, I liked the first quarter and the last quarter and found the middle half intensely boring), but I'm finally going to be starting After Story this weekend. Finally gonna see what everyone's crying about. :p

I really dunno if shows in excess of 50 episodes are for me, haha.

Neither did I. But then I watched Hunter X Hunter. It grabbed me and I just couldn't put it down.

If you plan on watching any fantasy adventure Shounen, Hunter X Hunter is certainly the best place to start. It feels like a journey that keeps going on and on and yet, you want to see it keep going to learn more about the world these characters live in.

It's certainly easier to get into than One Piece that's for sure.

I didn't like Clannad very much (or rather, I liked the first quarter and the last quarter and found the middle half intensely boring), but I'm finally going to be starting After Story this weekend. Finally gonna see what everyone's crying about. :p

Honestly I felt like this a little when I first watched Clannad. After Story brings it all together so you've done it right my friend. Man I wish I can experience After Story for the first time again. I hope you enjoy.

Edit: Sounds like from what you said your mostly invested in the Nagisa Arc. If so you'll really like After Story. It starts a bit slow but when it gets going it will pull you in. Hope your ready. :)

You should watch Gintama with me. It's pretty great.

I'm not sure if you started yet, but you just reminded me that I'm considering starting this when my bandwidth limit resets.

19 hours to go.

I can't wait to be entertained by the first several episodes
then have it promptly let me down like the last two series did

I have some semblance of faith with
HIMELDA WINDOW CUREQUEEN OF THE BLUE SKY aka Cure Princess. Although considering the writer on board, I'm hoping this show manages to have character development on the scale of Yes! 5, since that was like the one thing Yes! 5 was better at than any of the other Precure series.

Then again, I did initially like Doki's characters, only for most of them to be ruined and/or disliked as the show goes on, so I guess I should still be worried. Fuck.

In any case

We have images of HappinessCharge Precure's enemies

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

Fodderlings!

CorvoSol

Persona 4 TAS 5

You know, it's surprising how close to the truth Yosuke is at the beginning of the case.
Saki was linked to Ms. Yamano by virtue of being the one who found her body.
What Yosuke misses, though, is the right conclusion after that. I mean, he even pegs
that the Amagi Inn is related to the crimes, since that's where the first victim was thrown in.
In his defense,
the fact that there are no less than two fake killers and three-to-four deities thrown in the middle
makes it kinda hard to figure out who the real killer is. That said, it's still impressive that Yosuke manages to figure out what he does.

Gazoinks

I'm not sure if you started yet, but you just reminded me that I'm considering starting this when my bandwidth limit resets.

Yeah, I started watching it one-a-day with a friend at the beginning of the year. But you should watch it because it's really good! It's nice to fall into a rhythm with long shows like this, I'm gonna miss it when it's over.

I've watched all Key animes dubbed and subbed and I have to say the dubs are done superbly. I actually prefer watching Angel Beats and the Clannad Series dubbed.

Ah, yeah. That part about Clannad and After Story was me agreeing with you about thinking about both as a long story and not separating them.

I don't think I could watch Clannad dubbed. It would just remind me of School Rumble since it's the same voice actress doing the same kind of voice and I watched that first.

Tenumi

Banned
We have images of HappinessCharge Precure's enemies

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

Fodderlings!

The return of canon fodder is great, in my opinion. Not to mention that the villians actually look rather nicely designed.

----------

I'm in a bit of an anime watching slump, partially because of Fallout, and partially because of computer monitor issues. Hopefully I can get back to speed this weekend, and maybe finish Date a Live next week. JoJo... I just hope I can finish that by the end of the season.

Ah, yeah. That part about Clannad and After Story was me agreeing with you about thinking about both as a long story and not separating them.

I don't think I could watch Clannad dubbed. It would just remind me of School Rumble since it's the same voice actress doing the same kind of voice and I watched that first.

Never watched School Rumble so that might have been a blessing in disguise. Haha!

Maken-ki! - 05
This episode was not that entertaining , the childhood friend is in focus and some parts of the episode didn't work as expected.
A nice part of the episode did work properly , mainly the reveal of her weapon .

For a odd reason given the focus of the episode , the BSR is still in decline - 57%, but the PSR is getting up +16%

Maken-ki! is trully a weird anime to watch.

Anyway since we're doing each possible "candidate , now it's time for the fiance backstory next episode , i'm hopiing that we'll have a good explanation as of why this is such a mess of relationship is there..

How is Blast of Tempest? 2 eps in and I want to drop it cause I don't like the 2 leads.

I personally liked it. I think it appeals to a very specific audience though. Some of the things that happened in that show blew my mind in a good way. I found the fighting entertaining and the strategies and motives of all the characters was interesting. But if you don't like in within the next 5 episodes than I wouldn't feel bad if you dropped it. Like I said, I think it appeals to a specific audience.

Edit: Plus dat opening is awesome.

Branduil

So that thread finally reached the point where someone posted that urban legend about a guy who only got to draw an old man in a classic anime and it made him a super animator.

Watch the Hoshi no Umi OVAs after ep 8.

I already watched them when they came out, I was just wondering about the chronology.

i like it but it does get confusing if you don't pay attention to it.

Remember that (huge spoilers ahead so don't look if you haven't watched),
huge plot twist mid season when you found out who the Tree of Exodus' Mage was?! I was freaking out for a week because I actually didn't expect it. It completely caught me off guard and when I remembered all the hints the show gave I was like "how did I not figure this out sooner?" Lol.

cajunator

Banned
You are like... animeGAF's bitch for watching anime. Almost all anime for that matter. I'm merely the one who gets submitted magical girl stuff. (thank god I'm on downtime right now).

MISSION SUCCEASEFULLY

In return for me watching FMP Corvys fate is to be decided soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom