• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Psycho-Pass episode 10
So lad I took this series off hold, episode 10 is the best one so far, very thrilling and fun to watch.

cajunator

Banned
Sakura Trick 04

Haruka's well on her way to unlocking the Sonoda sisters route. Must have something to do with the boobs. I am loving this show. The Hidamari Sketch-like visual language combined with some comedic and slightly saucy yuri is a combination that works out pretty well. Looking at the episode titles for next week, Mitsuki is just working her way into the ensemble, isn't she? Anyone crazy enough to turn headgear into headlights would draw attention. Loving it.

I love how even the name of the show conjures up lesbian antics. Its so cute. Its so good. All hail anime and lesbians forever. Amen.

cnet128

Banned
Wake Up, Girls! 4

Oh boy, more Mayu draaaaama. Not exactly what I was hoping for at this point in the show (Mayu already got plenty of focus in the movie, and there are other girls in the group who haven't had their chance to shine yet...), but I guess it's pretty unavoidable from a narrative perspective. Mayu's inevitably going to get dragged out to the forefront whether she likes it or not.

lol @ how unashamedly cutthroat the I-1 Club management is. They even have the "you are not a name, you are a number" thing going on. Truly the Evil Empire of idol groups. I kind of feel sorry for everyone who's a part of that monstrosity.

Oh, and a group called Wake Up Girls doing a radio show just before midnight? How ironic. Maybe they should change their unit's name to "Go To Sleep Girls" >.>

Sakura trick - 04

OMG

OMG
Oh My Gooood

This episode , this second part of the episode , someone needs to hold me , i can't

OMG

Sakura - trick is .... is ..... is awesome. it's more kisses than SIMOUN it's lovely , it's enjoyable , it's nice comedy , it's full of misunderstandings , it's cute , smoothing ,refreshing , yuri , garden heavy ..

OMG

This freaking episode ...
1391149493472.gif

obvious solution to a tiny problem
10/10 so good.

i didn't expect this episode , first it started strong , then it went cute , And then we realise that thinking about haruka for too long corrupted the mind of our president and she doesn't accept this ..And then the rest ..OMG the rest

The rest

c'est magnifique !

Midonin

I love how even the name of the show conjures up lesbian antics. Its so cute. Its so good. All hail anime and lesbians forever. Amen.
It's giving me vibes very similar to the Sono Hanabira series of games. The setting and the tone are slightly different, but the focus on couples and frequent kissing are just as powerful.

I was waiting for the relationship to have a moment where Yuu teases Haruka, and am so glad this week provided.

CorvoSol

This Gif, man. Gonna have to rewatch Rinne one of these days.

Star Driver 2

1. Dude all the ties in this school look like-

2. Glass kissing. What the fuck.

3. DO YOU MIND GLASS? I MEAN THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART AND NOT THE WHOLE
MARRIED THING.
GLASS.

4. OP sounds AWFUL but the colors in it are nice. The guy's voice is AWFUL, though. Possibly the worst OP I've heard since Attack on Titan's 2nd OP.

5. Yeah a chirping mascot fox was what we needed here.

6. The leader's name is literally head. Musta been real awkward when he was just a grunt.

cajunator

Banned
Sakura trick - 04

OMG

OMG
Oh My Gooood

This episode , this second part of the episode , someone needs to hold me , i can't

OMG

Sakura - trick is .... is ..... is awesome. it's more kisses than SIMOUN it's lovely , it's enjoyable , it's nice comedy , it's full of misunderstandings , it's cute , smoothing ,refreshing , yuri , garden heavy ..

OMG

This freaking episode ...

10/10 so good.

i didn't expect this episode , first it started strong , then it went cute , And then we realise that thinking about haruka for too long corrupted the mind of our president and she doesn't accept this ..And then the rest ..OMG the rest

The rest

c'est magnifique !

Good god yes. So much yes. So much hnng. So much AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gundam Build Fighters 16

Aila x Reiji is seriously the greatest Gundam romance pairing of all time. This episode was just too awesome.

Also holy shit,
Gunpla Police[/B]. Sei's dad is pretty badass except for the whole ditching his son behind without even letting him know where the hell hes at.
But hey anime!

Best Gundam show continues to be best Gundam show.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters 16

Aila x Reiji is seriously the greatest Gundam romance pairing of all time.
This episode was just too awesome.

Also holy shit,
Gunpla Police[/B]. Sei's dad is pretty badass except for the whole ditching his son behind without even letting him know where the hell hes at.
But hey anime!

Best Gundam show continues to be best Gundam show.

Man, I dunno. Domon and Rain is still up top for me, followed closely by Loran and Dianna.

Desert Punk Dub 17

Well that was a dark ending, pretty meh episode overall though. Junko and her boobs just don't do much for me and episodes focused on her tend to drag.

Ok! I got FMP and Mazinger Z. Gonna add one more robot show under my belt and rotate between the three.

GaoGaiGar - 1

Guy is so obviously voiced by Viral, so he's awesome by default. His outfit looks like it was designed for Saint Seiya.

What a tease, near the end. I thought the entire theme was going to play during that moment then it just abruptly stops. If there's one thing I love in my mecha anime, it's the main characters fighting enemies to their opening themes.

Episode was a pretty good introduction to the series, until THAT happened.
Little kid suddenly turns into a fairy right the hell out of nowhere.
This should be interesting.

Strike the Blood 16

Goddamn, she's adorable.

Completely slayed every time she called Asagi "Mama".

Asagi makes for a good mom and her inner dialogue reminded of that StB short story.

First appearance of Kojou's mom and she has already earned the title of milf.

And more Sayaka scenes show why she's always in contention for best girl of the show.

wonzo

Banned
Saint☆Young Men Movie

saintyoungmenm.jpg

An hour and a half of Jesus & Buddha being moe as fuck. My only real issue with this is how drawn out and repetitive some the gags get towards the end but it wasn't really that big a deal thanks to how it just oozes charm and looked as great as it did throughout the movie. Good stuff.

CorvoSol

Ok! I got FMP and Mazinger Z. Gonna add one more robot show under my belt and rotate between the three.

GaoGaiGar - 1

Guy is so obviously voiced by Viral, so he's awesome by default. His outfit looks like it was designed for Saint Seiya.

What a tease, near the end. I thought the entire theme was going to play during that moment then it just abruptly stops. If there's one thing I love in my mecha anime, it's the main characters fighting enemies to their opening themes.

Episode was a pretty good introduction to the series, until THAT happened.
Little kid suddenly turns into a fairy right the hell out of nowhere.
This should be interesting.

Just be advised that GaoGaiGar is a fairly formulaic, Monster of the Week show for the bulk of its run. When it breaks from those bindings it can be really amazing, and GaoGaiGar Final really is, but there are some episodes that can feel pretty dry because of the show's format.

Kill la Kill - 16

MaUaLYs.gif
MaUaLYs.gif
MaUaLYs.gif

Time to edit my AOTY list. BRB.

AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAH! I KNEW THAT RAINBOW HAIR HAD MEANING!

Bwhahahaha, I knew it was coming.

D8hQug8.gif

Z/X Ignition 04

I can see why Fierite is technically a fallen angel/rebellious angel, because the angels of the White World seem kinda dickish.

I thought she was the same, but I guess, as she say, they are supposed to lead humans rather than make them puppets.
I wonder why she's so important.

Just be advised that GaoGaiGar is a fairly formulaic, Monster of the Week show for the bulk of its run. When it breaks from those bindings it can be really amazing, and GaoGaiGar Final really is, but there are some episodes that can feel pretty dry because of the show's format.

I'm aware of that. As long as the really good moments of the show outshine the boring ones, I think I'll be just fine.

Strike the Blood 16

Goddamn, she's adorable.

Asagi makes for a good mom and her inner dialogue reminded of that StB short story.

And more Sayaka scenes show why she's always in contention for best girl of the show.
And now you all know why i was pissed off last week but quickly calmed down once i read this current book.

This episode actually showed quite a bit of things :
-
for some reason a very powerfull familliar is in koujou sister
-Kojo mother
know about it , but is playing dumb
-DTL-like
got his ass handled , only to smile ( meaning that he will be back, probably once koujou get all his powers at max )
-
10 year old natuski is lovely

We also got :
Strike%20the%20Blood%20-%2016_01.jpg

a maiden that wasn't ready
-Tank trivia ( why ? )
-Fetishes and misunderstandings.
-
Strike%20the%20Blood%20-%2016_02.jpg

-The best way to heal.
All in around this episode was good.

Utena Episode 16
tumblr_n0asfbTlNL1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kind of pointless episode but hearing that Nanami laugh and getting Mitsuru in with tons of screen time made it bearable. Also has to somehow be in the running for one of the funniest retro dub episodes, every time Namai was doing that moo type sound to her words as it went on and on, through the final minutes I couldnt stop laughing.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sometimes I wonder if me or SDBurton will die of a heart attack first.

If I had to bet, I'd say you'd be the first to go. There's a lot more cuteness in shows than yuri sadly, though this season has done an excellent job in making amends! :)

Hello AnimeGAF. I am new to this community but I am a bit of an anime nut so I decided why not!

Anyways what's animeGAF's opinion on Clannad, After Story and Angel Beats. Want to find others who like Key anime!!

I made the correct choice to make Corvo watch more Samurai Flamenco.

EDIT:

PshycoNinja: I think people really like Clannad After Story. Angel Beats is a different story though......

CorvoSol

I have seen some crazy shit, but I have never, ever felt something like Samumenco 8. Holy shit. I mean they lull you into this sense of safety with Gotoh and Masayoshi getting real with each other and then HOLY SHIT.

Like the whole time I was just grabbing my head and laughing and screaming "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?"

I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK. That's like that ride in DCA that goes 0 to 60 in 10 seconds or whatever. HOLY FUCK. How do you spend so much of an episode doing that, have that crazy heart to heart moment and then THAT.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hello AnimeGAF. I am new to this community but I am a bit of an anime nut so I decided why not!

Anyways what's animeGAF's opinion on Clannad, After Story and Angel Beats. Want to find others who like Key anime!!

Clannad After Story is the best show KyoAni ever made and one of the best shows I've ever watched. Clannad is also great.

Don't watch Angel Beats though.

wonzo

Banned
I have seen some crazy shit, but I have never, ever felt something like Samumenco 8. Holy shit. I mean they lull you into this sense of safety with Gotoh and Masayoshi getting real with each other and then HOLY SHIT.

Like the whole time I was just grabbing my head and laughing and screaming "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?"
Welcome to the Samumenco experience. Enjoy the stay!

I like Clannad and After Story, and I also like Kanon (2006). Not watched Angel Beats yet though.

Clannad After Story is the best show KyoAni ever made and one of the best shows I've ever watched. Clannad is also great.

Don't watch Angel Beats though.

I actually watched Angel Beats before Clannad and After Story. It's one of my favorite actually, although it took me a long while to get around to watching episode 2 which pulled me into the show and loving it.

Glad you like Clannad so much. It's one of my favorites too. (I like to think of Clannad and After story as one long story instead of separating them)

I like Clannad and After Story, and I also like Kanon (2006). Not watched Angel Beats yet though.

I think it's quite special like most Key animes (Clannad, Little Busters, Kanon). It has less "filler" like episodes and isn't as confusing as Little Busters can get.

CorvoSol

IT BEGINS

There was no sign, no indication, no hint nor foreshadowing that this would happen.
One minute it's a vaguely Kick Ass plot and it looks like Masayoshi is gonna hang up the cowl and the next A MAN TURNS INTO A GORRILA, SLICES OFF A COP'S HEAD WITH THE GUILLOTINE IN HIS STOMACH, AND THEN EXPLODES.

It's like you're going at a steady clip, then suddenly you're pulled backwards at 100mph and then thrust through a wall.

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 8

nKQ7qIF.gif

y u posting Higurashi GIFs instead of actually watching Higurashi =/

(also yes SamFlam 8 is amazing XD)

AnimeGAF's hivemind opinion is: Clannad is pretty good, After Story is amazing (except the ending which is a bit of an asspull but hey the show is so good we can live with that), and Angel Beats is shiiiiiiiiiit.

Personally I think I have a slightly higher opinion of Angel Beats than the AnimeGAF average, but I still don't think it's an exemplary show by any means. It had its moments but was overall a little lacking. (If you want to hear nothing but praise for that show, though, just ask DTL...)

Linkark07

Banned
Strike the Blood 16

Goddamn, she's adorable.

Noooo... This is a hard choice. Is La Folia still the best girl or should Sayaka take her place? Someone help me :(

Dresden

chuu2-2 - 04

almost no utah, focused on the best character, good comedic timing, was totally okay and I don't regret watching it. based takemoto; now to forget this abomination of a series ever existed.

cnet128

Banned
OKAY FINE CNET I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE GIF WAS FROM.

But I'll watch Higurashi tonight.

I'm sorry, I don't like to be a massive nag, but sometimes I just feel like if I don't keep mentioning an awesome recommendation people will never watch it >.> Don't mean to rush you into anything, watch it when you feel like!

...butyeah that gif was kind of asking for it, even if unintentionally xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom