• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Witch Craft Works episode 1
I am a bit tired so I dont have much of a opinion right now other than I dont think much of it right now, not much happen, it will depend on the other episodes to see if I care about it or not.
edit: oh I liked the ED

madp

The Light of El Cantare
AnimeGAF AotY results are tabulated, but out of respect to BGBW I won't post them here until after his results are up unless enough of you think he won't care.

cajunator said:
She is soooooo lovely! Kurumi needs cat ears.

wcqmp4bd6ikp6.jpg

YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT

I don't usually like catgirls but Kurumi is perfection but catgirls are vapid but Kurumi is justice but catgirls are uninspiring but Kurumi is love but catgirls are bland but Kurumi is divine but sdjfhkdsgfdshgfjsahgd

Won't lie.

Didn't realize that was her until after they went to mom's place.
Well it's not exactly a problem, the after scene is quite confusing since the other character is introduced after.
obv need more LNs set in military schools
Actually no , i'm scared now , hidan no aria was so bad that i don't want this setting anymore !
Strike the Blood 16

Why the hell am I still watching this for. It's like a part of me wants this to end with him choosing a girl, another part of me REALLY wants this to be Majutsu no Index, and the last part of me realizes that neither of these things is possible but this side is losing to the other two. And the frustration of the third part is too much where it has grown depressed and started drinking.

Strike the blood is set-up on many fondations and it can't end untill several conditions are met.
Condition 1:
koujou must get all his familliars back ..the story can continue afterward but this must happen at some point
Side effect to condition 1 ( ep 16 spoiler ):
since we know that the 12th familiar is in kojou sister , i can't wait for everyone to flip because incest
Condition 2:
Koujou has a clear moment in his head where his memories are missing ..he doesn't know how he became the 4th progenitor, this event must be cleared, explained .. and of course all the consequences on this event that are still pending must be cleared as well.

Untill those conditions are met , strike the blood won't be near an end, not even close ...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
wcqmp4bd6ikp6.jpg

I don't usually like catgirls but Kurumi is perfection but catgirls are vapid but Kurumi is justice but catgirls are uninspiring but Kurumi is love but catgirls are bland but Kurumi is divine but sdjfhkdsgfdshgfjsahgd
The spectacle that is denial.

Vito

Banned
Another pinup batch from drop (reupped on minus). It's just the two Maken-ki (one of them is really kinda ugly and over the top) and Nourin ones, but I don't there's much left. I think I'll post only one of the bunch since they're all pretty lewd:

Kinda wish Megami and Nyantype would do more casual clothes pinups, don't get me wrong yay swimsuits and all, but that, underwear and nude in a bath can get boring pretty fast. Lemme know if I ever pic something that's too NSFW. Hopefuly suemura/drop graces us with more Newtype scans this month as well, they're usually more interesting althoug plastered with text.

cajunator

Banned
wcqmp4bd6ikp6.jpg

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

cnet128

Banned
We have images of HappinessCharge Precure's enemies

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

Fodderlings!

omg I love the Saiaaku designs. brb rooting for the enemy grunts instead of the Cures >.>

Higurashi 1

It's like I had too much Cajunator just before bed and it gave me nightmares.

awwyeeeeeeeah

But one single-line impression is not enough to sate my thirst! I need more...more! o_O

...crap, do I have a Corvo addiction?

cajunator

Banned
omg I love the Saiaaku designs. brb rooting for the enemy grunts instead of the Cures >.>

awwyeeeeeeeah

But one single-line impression is not enough to sate my thirst! I need more...more! o_O

...crap, do I have a Corvo addiction?

Probably. I love his impressions of shows too. He has very unique reactions. I think I shall definitely make him watch Kino's Journey.

Mr.Jeff

Aura: Maryūinkōga Saigo no Tatakai
From the studio that brought you Humanity Has Declined comes yet another adaptation of another work from the same author, Romeo Tanaka. It covers a pretty similar ground to Chuu2 but with a far more morbid and realist take on the matter, dealing with issues ranging from petty bullying and social ostracism to blackmail, severe physical beatings,
broken homes, domestic violence and attempted suicide.
It really doesn't pull any punches and ultimately ends up sending a far stronger and worthwhile message than Chuu2 ever did. Even the "romance" angle is far better handled as
the two main characters kiss and show genuine affection for one another
by the end of the movie.
I said as much at the end of last year but really, the film was what I imagined Chuu2 should have been instead of the boring nonsense of the KyoAni version. About my only complaint with it really was the main female lead never really got the same level of development that the main male lead did.

Apparently a number of Japanese critics at the time said it was one of the better representations of what's it's like to be on the lower end of the school social structure.

Well you're in for a colourful, fun ride if nothing else. The actual film is a bit meh in places though.

Also is that a boy? UME-SENSEI THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
While it's not yuri overload, Ume's pretty good at doing adorable male-female realtionships you know!

Also for your own consumption, Swing-Out Sisters second episode should be floating about.

Yamato currently stalled at episode 9 which gives me a pang of guilt. Nothing else watching. I just want it to be Spring for my next dose of Mushishi.

Nagi no Asukara 17

Chisaki and Tsumugu are like a married couple. I liked how they were just behaving around each other in the kitchen, just felt so synchronized.

Miuna and Sayu fight again. Its adorable.

Its like every guy from Shioshishio are ladies men. Kaname is still the boss. However I think hes going to snap sooner or later. The guy is always too cool and chill.

The end of the episode felt like the beginning of an adventure.

And the winner is Danganronpa The Animation.

i'll stop coming on Gaf if that happens.

--------------------
Log horizon - 18

Lenessia is learning hard that being with an adventurer is not as simple as it seems

Anyway , log horizon , at this pace will finish this arc in 2 episodes , leaving ep 21,22,23,24,25 for book 5

As for this episode , it was magnificent , lenessia speech was great , and her interractions with krusty quite awesome.

But soujirou , lol soujirou they nailed his powers ..to think that his guild is not even complete.
Awesome episode
Code:
SEN METSUDA

Midonin

Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live 43

While this show has way more plastic stuff in it than Aikatsu!, and also has less potential for yuri (though there's still plenty - Bell/Otoha is obvious), I've still found myself really liking it. Rinne's mostly been there to be cute and say odd things, but this week had some good, some bad. The duet she and June performed was beautifully orchestrated - I like that all the characters do their own singing in this series, as opposed to Aikatsu! - though the long sequence with the conversation in front of the moon was so obviously done to save money. But it meant more serious Rinne, and when she breaks the tabula rasa, that's when Ayaneru really shines in the role.

rGhjALVl.jpg

I like the characters and their stories, making the show one of the ones I'm always glad to come back to near the end of the week, and feel this applies even when the show ends with
multicolored penguins exploding into a rainbow light storm.

Kill la Kill Episode 16 – The Girl Can't Help It

Creative compilation such, but the nudist beach moments were the highlights, if a few other characters on the other side could defect.

Origin story for life fibers was captivating.

? crunchyroll has problems ? Well since i'm not using them ( I'm not living in the usa nor canada ) but in europe with their own channels for anime i guess i should be lucky , then.
This is the first I have really encountered other than it getting laggy after 3 episodes sometimes and a few shows's contrast being low.

normally though the new episode just pops right up but it hasn't shown up yet.
Even restarted the app.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 18:

Yes, watching the princess taking in the sights and sounds of Akihabara and remarking on the differences of cultures is one of those little touches that really elevate Log Horizon. Seriously, I have not seen an anime this good at world build since One Piece, an odd thing to say perhaps, but One Piece is really good at building up its world as well. Anyway, the big event is here and we see the lazy, avowedly cowardly princess pull and Queen Elizabeth I to really the the mercantile forces of the Adventurers. I also like how even though the Round Table has left only the more nominal of members, the politicians do not stop even in the face of this area bending crisis. Also, we fin ally get to see the steam engine and, yea, the Adventurers have just ushered in the Industrial Revolution and nothing is ever going to be the same anymore. At any rate, it looks like the war truly begins next episode and I can hardly wait.

Vito

Banned
Oh, I'm dumb/lazy, Manga News was nice enough to point out that Comic Meteor specifically mentioned the Break Blade update will be 22:30 Japan time on Feb 2nd. Makes more sense I guess.

Maken-ki ! - 06
This is a surprise ... they tried to make a somewhat serious episode AND THE FIRST PanthyShot occured at only 7m52s !
It's a new record !

i'm legit surprised .. but then this might be because they had to blast their episode budget on the rock scene.

Maken-ki ! camera angles are a wonder !

Episode would have been great without those translation errors , Quality check dammit !
Maken-Ki%21%20-%2006.jpg

English is not my first language but i'm pretty sure that this is incorrect.
Now the stats .

PSR : -71%
BSR : -23%

We are not on a level quite mild with stats that are on par with any fanservice anime that could air on tv..far far far away from the legendary statistics of the first episode !

I'm also legit impressed that they managed to have a flashback episode without revealing any info on the girl what so ever aside from her strict training.

Maken-ki - 07
Well maken-ki , after a "break" is restarting on his fanservice distribution with impressive stats.
PSR jumped by 210%
BSR jumped by 94%
Not to mention that the first PS occured also quite fast... it's like the last episode never happenned !
Maken-Ki%21%20-%2007.jpg

Shameless self promotion
i should have never let my guard down.

So we have 7 new characters entering the stage , in what seems to be a nice opposition of style for each "main" girl.
Aslo remember people , landing helicopters is for "common people" , when you're an elite , making a magical staircase and jumping out of the helicopter is better !!

Space Brothers 92

Ah, that Cliffhanger.
Hibito better not be the Captain, I don't think it's him though.
There was some pretty good comedy in this one, and it's good to have some new characters introduced, stereotypical as they are.

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 18

Lenessia amazement of Akihabara sights and sounds, Lenessia's speech and the the adventures all supporting her is fucking epic and really gives such a grand feeling to it. Why is this show so damn good? Krusty's 'kill em all' relly gonna show shit is going down. Goddamn this show better have a second season.

Finally Log Horizon 18
This show is just killing it, for episodes now which would just be dreadfully boring in similar shows easily manages to keep me hooked.
And even characters that really don't have much or any screentime at all can nearly steal the spotlight.

Krusty and Lenessia are quickly becoming my favorite part of this series.

cajunator

Banned
Maken-ki ! - 06
This is a surprise ... they tried to make a somewhat serious episode AND THE FIRST PanthyShot occured at only 7m52s !
It's a new record !

i'm legit surprised .. but then this might be because they had to blast their episode budget on the rock scene.

Maken-ki ! camera angles are a wonder !

Episode would have been great without those translation errors , Quality check dammit !

Now the stats .

PSR : -71%
BSR : -23%

We are not on a level quite mild with stats that are on par with any fanservice anime that could air on tv..far far far away from the legendary statistics of the first episode !

I'm also legit impressed that they managed to have a flashback episode without revealing any info on the girl what so ever aside from her strict training.

Im afraid they are falling behind if they want to beat Najica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom