• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Spoon 11

TWU9m7A.jpg

Haha.

So... Quite realistic while still being funny. Interesting story as well.

I give it 4/5 bits of bacon:
vWIEh6e.png
vWIEh6e.png
vWIEh6e.png
vWIEh6e.png
AoUaKsj.png

New Crunchyroll announcements.

Hyped for Silver Spoons 2

Aww yiss

JoeFu

Banned
Is Kuroko a good basketball anime? Like does it have anything for a basketball fan or is it some basketball team drama stuff.

Edit: just realized how awful my question was, but like I dunno.

Here's a better question I guess. How does it compare to Slam Dunk

cnet128

Banned
Sword Art Online Extra Edition

Well, that was certainly a long special, but I enjoyed it. It's been a while since the original SAO now, so it was fun to revisit all the juiciest scenes, and the intermingled new gratuitous pool scenes with the girls having plenty of, er, girl talk, helped to keep things feeling fresh as well. And I approve of the decision to bring in Kikuoka here; he really did serve as the perfect frame for a recap like this, and at the same time this makes a nice introduction to a character who's going to play a role in future arcs.

Then there was the quest at the end, which I'm a little torn on. It was really fun all around and probably the best part of the special, but at the same time it makes me think of the canon quest arcs that haven't been animated yet and wonder what's going to happen with those. This special would have been the perfect opportunity to animate the Niflheim segment that was cut out of the ALO arc - they could easily have slotted it in as a part of Kirito's recollections, as an "untold story" of sorts, and it would have been much cooler than an original quest. Particularly since the ocean quest we saw here felt a bit like a toned-down version of a certain quest later on that follows on from the Niflheim arc.

But I guess I can see why they didn't take that route - Niflheim would have taken up more time than the original quest we got, and it wouldn't have fit the lighthearted tone of this special nearly as well. Ah well, as long as they find time to cover those two arcs one way or another in the new season, I'll be satisfied. I have faith that they'll be really fun to watch just as long as the anime doesn't choose to continue ignoring them completely =/

And speaking of the second season, that teaser shot of Shinon at the end was so much hype. It actually gave me an amusing flashback to the first episode of Stella C3-bu, since both featured a Miyukichi character finally making her debut at the very end of the episode with a single brief line of gratuitous English XD

Digimon Xros Wars II 20-END

NATECeyl.jpg

Quite frankly calling this whole mess bad fanfiction feels like an insult to good fanfic writers.

So basically for this last stretch of episodes we got, A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME, a trip to the amusement park and then suddenly PLOT for the last three. Plot that was only literally vaguely hinted in like a sentence or two some random episode ago. And hell, this plot basically turns into fanfiction dribble.

Summon everyone's favorite main character from past seasons to help defeat this giant monster from taking over the world. It's not really like any of these guys really do anything besides showing up, saying a catchphrase and we get a spectacular of seeing all our old heroes we love so much. Of course none of this matters, since it ends up all on the dumb main character to have to solve everything, so who cares anymore.

I would say, if there was ever needed an example of why the popularity of Digimon nosedived while Pokemon is still on trucking, this whole damn Xros Wars series can be the prime example.

Is Kuroko a good basketball anime? Like does it have anything for a basketball fan or is it some basketball team drama stuff.

A good basketball series featuring majority of action on court, in game, or training. Not much drama compared to other sports series. Significantly challenges and improves upon everything in Slam Dunk.

survivor

Banned

Do you like your basketball anime filled with superpowers? From what little I bothered watching of Kuroko, just made me appreciate Slam Dunk even more. Also the cast of Kuroko is much weaker and less memorable than Slam Dunk.

Geneijin

If you're expecting basketball, don't watch Kuroko.

Uhm,
It's implied that they fuck like bunnies happily ever after though, re watch the episode or check the wording on the LN.

I didn't really get that at all. There's nothing to really imply that it became a sexual relationship. I mean, there was such an awkward reaction just sharing a bed together. And then further hesitation and awkwardness when they kissed at the "wedding." Even looking at some random LN translation I don't think it really indicates a sexual relationship.

Regardless, I'm going to take a slightly more wholesome interpretation of events.

Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo 01

20Bd4IWl.jpg

Soooooo, this is an anime advertising a lab and its products I guess.

Only real noticeable thing is that the characters look like they are from East of Eden.

Besides the lab talk that might as well went over my head, the concept of a phone calling into the future was pretty interesting by itself. No idea what on earth where they are going to go with this concept though.

Quasar

Uhm,
It's implied that they fuck like bunnies happily ever after though, re watch the episode or check the wording on the LN.

Thats not what I got.

What I got...well what I remember of it was them agreeing to have a proper (ie sexual) relationship for a year and then its back to a normal sibling one.

Which of course made me imagine a dark future where the brother is all alone after the relationship being made public to his family at least and him burnt the bridges with his best friend.

Which I'll admit makes me desire the 10 years later epilogue thing. But I don't think that was even real. Or was it?

Which I'll admit makes me desire the 10 years later epilogue thing. But I don't think that was even real. Or was it?

Somebody here said it was going to be on the S2 Blu-Rays? Was the youngest Kuroneko sister that had a talk with Kirino or something?

Shengar

2014 the best year confirmed
Now all Japan need to right itself from past mistakes is Baccano S2, Durarara S2, and Spice&Wolf S3
Not gonna happened ;___;

e_i

Another Shitty Imouto LN Adaptation episode 1

Lewd.

The usual censorship, but they kept the full on yuri scene and masterbation scene?

Seitokoi Yakuindomo season 2 episode 1

Lewder.

How do you crucify a butt?

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 18

Raichi's a butthead.

Anyway, the main four are now getting preferential treatment and automatically getting gigs. If I was their classmate, I'd be pissed off. But instead off of their classmates were trying to give Ran Valentine's chocolate. She is the best of the four, so I guess I get it.

Johnny-sensei is still the best overall, though.

Thats not what I got.

What I got...well what I remember of it was them agreeing to have a proper (ie sexual) relationship for a year and then its back to a normal sibling one.

Which of course made me imagine a dark future where the brother is all alone after the relationship being made public to his family at least and him burnt the bridges with his best friend.

I don't think it lasted a year. Just from that Christmas to graduation in the spring.

Aikatsu! 18

Raichi's a butthead.

Anyway, the main four are now getting preferential treatment and automatically getting gigs. If I was their classmate, I'd be pissed off. But instead off of their classmates were trying to give Ran Valentine's chocolate. She is the best of the four, so I guess I get it.

Johnny-sensei is still the best overall, though.

I still think her character archtype is cheating based on the main cast members

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 1

I'm not the only to have paused for Hata's photo shoot in the opening, am I?

The "Suzu is around here" signal is as creative and hilarious as I remember it to be.

Judo fight was awesome. Sure they blew the budget, but they gave Mitsuba another wonderful moment and that's all that really matters.

Lately, My Little Sister Is Unusual 1

Huh. So.... she's wearing a
chastity belt.... and now she's possessed by a ghost... who's using her body to masturbate... now she's back in her body and essentially being raped to orgasm by the ghost who just possessed her
? Wow, this has to be the most bizarre, uncomfortable show I've seen in a while. You've really outdone yourself this time, Japan.

JoeFu

Banned
Crunchy Roll Ps3 app is weird. After like 3 or 4 episodes videos start stuttering and stuff for me. Always have to close out and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom