• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayos has watched and read all of SAO but not terminator 1-2.

That's what's wrong with America today.

It's not really the fact that I haven't watched good movies. For me it's really all about timing. The only reason I watched SAO is because it happened to be airing. Situation is a very big thing when watching something for me. For instance I hadn't seen The Hobbit part 1 until last week and that was only because my friends wanted to go see the new one.

Go_Ly_Dow

last page had no Yamato impressions so time to rectify that.

Yamato 2199 - 4 & 5

EVERYTHING IS JUST PERFECT.

I was meant to sleep 40 minutes ago, yet here I am about to watch another episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a choice of watching Sword Art Online Extra or the first three (episodes IV, V, VI) Star Wars films tomorrow so I can say for certain I have seen them in their entirety.

I'm choosing SAO.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayos is American?

My tag is both my origin story in AnimeGAF as well as my origin in ethnicity.

Korean.

I have a choice of watching Sword Art Online Extra or the first three (episodes IV, V, VI) Star Wars films tomorrow so I can say for certain I have seen them in their entirety.

I'm choosing SAO.

I just finished watching episode V last year. I'll get around to watching VI some time this year hopefully.

Oreimo (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute) END -
Oh God, GAF. Sometimes you look back on your life and wonder what wrong decisions you've made and reflect on how they've come back to punish you. Six months ago I was happy. Content knowing that anime was dumb. And yet, here I am, finishing up the last three OVAs for this show all the while quietly muttering to myself "please don't end in incest, please don't end in incest, please don't end in incest."

I guess ultimately they didn't? A mutual agreement to just share this moment and then go on life just as normal siblings? Seems like a cop-out ending, but I suppose better then full on eloping. I honestly believed they were going to go with the "oh, turns out they're not biologically related" idea as it seemed like they kind of hinted at that in season one. That would have been a bit of a cop-out as well, but I think I would have enjoyed it better.

Incest aside I still have to say I enjoyed it. Kyosuke was a likable character, outside of the times he was actually trying to justify his affections for Kirino. His interactions with Ayase were particularly enjoyable. I strangely appreciated the School Days-esque moments of Ayase brandishing a chefs knife. I did find the limited appearances of Kohei a tad disappointing. Far and away the funniest two scenes in the entire series involved Kyosuke running into Kohei as he was in the process of buying BL games. Both scenes practically had me in tears.

Overall I really enjoyed the show, just so long as I look over the more egregiously creepy parts. Though I still have to look back at the ThreePi of six months ago and wonder what he would have thought of watching a show about incest. Anime has certainly changed me in some weird and fucked up ways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pupipo
0gsdoQOl.jpg

Wow, this really is Poyopoyo x Kirby.

Oh God, GAF. Sometimes you look back on your life and wonder what wrong decisions you've made and reflect on how they've come back to punish you. Six months ago I was happy. Content knowing that anime was dumb. And yet, here I am, finishing up the last three OVAs for this show all the while quietly muttering to myself "please don't end in incest, please don't end in incest, please don't end in incest."

I guess ultimately they didn't? A mutual agreement to just share this moment and then go on life just as normal siblings? Seems like a cop-out ending, but I suppose better then full on eloping. I honestly believed they were going to go with the "oh, turns out they're not biologically related" idea as it seemed like they kind of hinted at that in season one. That would have been a bit of a cop-out as well, but I think I would have enjoyed it better.

Incest aside I still have to say I enjoyed it. Kyosuke was a likable character, outside of the times he was actually trying to justify his affections for Kirino. His interactions with Ayase were particularly enjoyable. I strangely appreciated the School Days-esque moments of Ayase brandishing a chefs knife. I did find the limited appearances of Kohei a tad disappointing. Far and away the funniest two scenes in the entire series involved Kyosuke running into Kohei as he was in the process of buying BL games. Both scenes practically had me in tears.

Overall I really enjoyed the show, just so long as I look over the more egregiously creepy parts. Though I still have to look back at the ThreePi of six months ago and wonder what he would have thought of watching a show about incest. Anime has certainly changed me in some weird and fucked up ways.
You know, did that 10 years after thing ever come out or or get translated?

Quasar

And now someone just pointed out that Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiin Da Ga is getting a Live Action film version (with apparently the same main actress).

Wow.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
And now someone just pointed out that Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiin Da Ga is getting a Live Action film version (with apparently the same main actress).

Wow.

Where do I go to sign up to be a Second-Class Garmillan?

Quasar

Based Japan

It does make me wonder how much if any of the stuff like Oreimo is getting live action versions. I figured that kind of material would have been limited to manga and anime adaptations.

Fashion model and idol Tenka Hashimoto will star in the live-action film adaptation of Mari Matsuzawa's Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiin Da Ga. (Lately, My Little Sister's Been Acting A Bit Strange, But....) manga. Hashimoto, who also goes by the name "Tenchim," will have scenes of full nudity in the film, and popular photo idol Mayu will also have her first fully nude scenes in a film. The project marks the directorial debut of Yuki Aoyama, a young photographer known for the photo collection Schoolgirl Complex.

Guess not.

Owwari

Banned

Uhm,
It's implied that they fuck like bunnies happily ever after though, re watch the episode or check the wording on the LN.

Fashion model and idol Tenka Hashimoto will star in the live-action film adaptation of Mari Matsuzawa's Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiin Da Ga. (Lately, My Little Sister's Been Acting A Bit Strange, But....) manga. Hashimoto, who also goes by the name "Tenchim," will have scenes of full nudity in the film, and popular photo idol Mayu will also have her first fully nude scenes in a film. The project marks the directorial debut of Yuki Aoyama, a young photographer known for the photo collection Schoolgirl Complex.
Sounds super interesting.

I trust AnimeGAF to keep me updated on this when the movie is out.

PUBLIC AND IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Please stay the fuck AWAY from Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga, and if you ever decide to make the stupid decision to watch the big turd, then get some Headphones and lock yourself in your room, other people won't like to hear that piece of shit.

Oh my god, I think I'm gonna fain...

t....

i need to watch this then.

kuroko basketball 38

winter cuppppppp.

You know, really curious how manga to anime adapations... how the hair color is determined?

does mangaka get a say? It's not always the same color as color spreads.

amrod

I see crunchyroll has Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2, any place streaming season 1? Do I need to see season 1 to know whats going on in 2?

survivor

Banned
I see crunchyroll has Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2, any place streaming season 1? Do I need to see season 1 to know whats going on in 2?

No you will be fine. The first 5 minutes of the first episode of season 2 basically just tells you who are the main characters. The entire anime is a series of dirty sex jokes so it's not like you are missing on any story or character development.

jbug617

Banned
Interesting note on Wake Up Girls

Wake Up, Girls! is set to broadcast every Friday starting on January 10, at 10:30a.m. Pacific Time for its premium members, with free members able to watch one week later. The accompanying movie, Wake Up, Girls! – Seven Idols will also be airing on Friday, January 10, at 9:00am Pacific Time. (Please note that this marks the first time Crunchyroll has ever simulcasted a movie from Japan!) More information can be found on www.crunchyroll.com/wakeup.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 9:
A whole lot of answers, but also a lot of additional questions. Fucking scientists always ruin everything.
The origins of the Hideauze certainly aren't shocking, although some of the specifics were still surprising. It also really does cast a whole lot of scenes in a different light. The scene of the Hideauze getting crushed while Ledo tried to get Chamber to stop and then let out a scream was pretty haunting.

With the political and scientific situation from the past elaborated on, things have gotten rather darker than before. I really appreciate how solid everything is put together, in terms of the various factions and their motivations. It all makes sense in terms of how the situation on Earth in the past could have gotten to the place it was in.

cnet128

Banned

Wow.

Bahahahahahahahahaha oh man I have no words. Of all the things to turn into live-action.

Idol nudity or no idol nudity, the live-action lewdness is never going to be as good as the animated lewdness anyway so I'm not sure why they even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom