• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Witch Craft Works - 01

j2HqZGu.png

WHY COULDN'T THE MALE LEAD BE A GIRL?! WHY?!

Oh man I love tall female characters, and to have one as a lead opposite of the male, I haven't seen that since Lovely Complex. To see her written to be the stronger of the two is a huge plus, and I hope that theme remains constant as this series progresses forward. Absolutely loved the episode, just so damn irritated at the missed possibilities of having two female leads.

I wanna give a shoutout to my pure maidens here, dropping truth bombs and protecting the sanctity of the garden as pure maidens should.

Oh my. Im interested in this!

For me, I love it because it has people on bridges of space ships shouting orders and firing guns. If that's not for you now, it's not going to change.

See, that sounds appealing to me as well. I guess they just aren't shouting loud enough. Apparently it has to be on a Go Nagai level for me to be entertained.

Why don't you catch up on Magi or something instead. You'll probably enjoy it more. :(

Might be a better idea, but I am still a bit intrigued. And as I said with other stuff, it's tough to ignore shows with universal acclaim here. Unlike Hyouka, this is something I theoretically should be able to enjoy.

Jintor

That bit with the Second-class Gamalleon... Gamalion... alien captain on Yamato Ep 8 was pretty good.

I know it was a bit of a cheap and basic 'this soldier has family aren't you sad' kind of thing, but they seeded it pretty early, the girl being at the celebrations on the homeworld triggered my memory, and they executed it really well, especially with the complete white space and silence before the flare hit.

*salutes*

duckroll

Might be a better idea, but I am still a bit intrigued. And as I said with other stuff, it's tough to ignore shows with universal acclaim here. Unlike Hyouka, this is something I theoretically should be able to enjoy.

I think you will probably enjoy ep8, ep13, ep18, ep19-21, ep23, and ep25. Not sure about the rest. :p

On the other hand, you'll probably think Magi S2 ep13 is fucking amazing!

cajunator

Banned
See, that sounds appealing to me as well. I guess they just aren't shouting loud enough. Apparently it has to be on a Go Nagai level for me to be entertained.

Hyouka can be enjoyable at times. Its just really overrated.
cant wait for chuuni2 though!

I think you will probably enjoy ep8, ep13, ep18, ep19-21, ep23, and ep25. Not sure about the rest. :p

On the other hand, you'll probably think Magi S2 ep13 is fucking amazing!

Yeah, I'm going to watch that ep and probably more of Magi S2 probably later in the week. Will continue Yamato for now as well, at least for a few more episodes.

Did my bit for Yamato in AOTY thread. I only watched one 2013 movie this year and that was Eva 3.0 so I had no choice in that category but I did enjoy it.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo s2 01

Holy shit. Where did they get this budget. So good.

I was actually amazed at how much they managed to get that whole intro sequence to feel like... well, like it was actually set in a real place, with moving backgrounds, a real sense of place (even if 70% of it was CGI), all that stuff just to back up their standard gags. They had some really funny UI gags though, the new Suzu head markings, the countdown timers, amazing. And that fight! Jesus, I bet you could gif bits of that and show it to toonamigaf and trick them into watching that show. Actually I might just go do that.

Man, I love SYD.

Crocodile

I wrote a long ass post on my impressions of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Battle Tendency over here. Beware of UNMARKED SPOILERS though.

Long story short
It was GOOD

LordCanti

Mushi-shi 12

;_; Leaving the pond seems to save the afflicted person, but she couldn't let go of the idea that her husbando and son were there. I guess she might also not have known she could be saved, but I like my version better. I wonder if he remembers her at all.

Monagatari isnt really aoty material. Uchouten kazoku definitely was. I didnt finish it though.

I saw quite a few AOTY votes for Gundam Build Fighters...

Everything is fair game.

cajunator

Banned
2x2 = Shinobuden 01

Wakamoto, cute hopeless Ninjas, and what appears to be competent comedy?
I'm in!

This anime is legit hilarious if a bit crude. Like...reallycrude lol.
But its still fun. For something a bit more on yhe sane side check out Bamboo Blade.

Kazzy

I'm leafing through the AOTY thread and realizing I might have actually watched more than I thought. I guess that's me bound to write a list.
Unless I simply forget like last year.

Also some cheeky devils have only included one/two entires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom