• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

In what way?
By the way Zelda ALBW is the truth.

If you don't have a solid group of people to play with, you get thrown into....

Pub matches

No one speaks English, they'll all yell at you in foreign languages if you suck, they'll rage quit at the drop of a hat, and none of them actually want to play the game as a team.

Gazoinks

Pub matches

No one speaks English, they'll all yell at you in foreign languages if you suck, they'll rage quit at the drop of a hat, and none of them actually want to play the game as a team.

When I play LoL I almost exclusively play against bots simple because of how much more pleasant the atmosphere is.

I would take a new Zelda anime only if they preserve Link's smarmy attitude from the old one.

cajunator

Banned

Pub matches

Sounds like a typical xboX live outing.
back to anime though, I stopped watchung Blazblue despite the hnng because it was getting stupid. Game based animes usually dont work very well.

LordCanti

When I play LoL I almost exclusively play against bots simple because of how much more pleasant the atmosphere is.

I would take a new Zelda anime only if they preserve Link's smarmy attitude from the old one.

"Well Exxxxxxcuuuuuuuuseeeeeeeeeeeeee me, Navi."

Reknoc

Sounds like a typical xboX live outing.
back to anime though, I stopped watchung Blazblue despite the hnng because it was getting stupid. Game based animes usually dont work very well.

MOBAs are generally a lot worse than live. They're like yokai devices to gather energy by making people the biggest shitheads.

anyway anime, uhh that gundam build fighters eh? phwooar.

cajunator

Banned
MOBAs are generally a lot worse than live. They're like yokai devices to gather energy by making people the biggest shitheads.

Theres been so much hype for GBF. Plus I really like that Aila girl.
I wish I wasnt so ADD and had more free time.

LordCanti

And if you want to find a group to play with, you have to realize that your sucking will wreck thirty (or more) minutes of their lives per attempt :p

I just don't play. I don't deserve to be treated like pubs have treated me, and no one deserves to have their time wasted by me.

That absolutely must be included if it ever happens.

I want a super moe Skull Kid.

This needs to happen, for the sake of Nintendo.

Mothman91

Ughh, skimming through that AOTY thread and Aku no Hana getting lots of recognition for #1. Looks like I'm going to watch that after Blue Excorcist.

cajunator

Banned
And if you want to find a group to play with, you have to realize that your sucking will wreck thirty (or more) minutes of their lives per attempt :p

I just don't play. I don't deserve to be treated like pubs have treated me, and no one deserves to have their time wasted by me.

I want a super moe Skull Kid.

This needs to happen, for the sake of Nintendo.

There is a whole ton of lore and plenty of cute characters to use. There really could be an excellent Zelda anime.

Reknoc

It's the only way to win.

Theres been so much hype for GBF. Plus I really like that Aila girl.
I wish I wasnt so ADD and had more free time.

GBF is the real deal. It's the only anime from last season that I've managed to stay exactly up to date on and never had to catch up.

Jintor

Space Battleship Yamato 09

Well that was a gear-switch. Fun though. Nice to see a 'holy shit it's loose on the ship!' episode from the perspective of the thing loose on the ship, haha.

Yamato's cooldown episodes are just as fun as the crazy space battles. but not enough snubfighters :(

cajunator

Banned
Yet they're the ones that mostly get them. Street Fighter and Tekken both had animes even stuff like Psychic Force and Power Stone had an anime.

I think shmups would be an interesting subject. At least it would make for some neat character desivns. The stories would be ass.

I still read GBF as gay best friend. Makes this thread weird at times.

Ughh, skimming through that AOTY thread and Aku no Hana getting lots of recognition for #1. Looks like I'm going to watch that after Blue Excorcist.

Yeah, I just started on that and The Devil is a Part Timer, since they're the last two that seem like they could end up on my list.

A few episodes in, Flowers of Evil's tone and atmosphere seem very well crafted, but it's still quite ugly . Rotoscoping is not my thing, apparently. I'm glad I'm watching it though.

Isnt hulu affiliated with one of the other stream networks or an anime licensor or something?

Im glad to be back Mike. Ive missed a lot even kn two weeks. I was sad so I havent even caught up in this thread yet. Will do that from home.

Hm... I think they have deals with some at least. I know I've seen Funimation, The Anime Network and Aniplex watermarks while watching on Hulu.

And we're all glad to have you back <3

cnet128

Banned
*catches up on thread*

AW YISS cajun is baaaaaaaack! Can't create any new gifs right now, so this classic old one will have to do:

ibvlMZ2mh6lAWE.gif

oh and I guess this is as good an excuse as any to milk the adorable Yuki gif I made yesterday.

ioKcHu6clDAV0.gif

Now go watch Wolf Children like I did! =p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
2x2 = Shinobuden 01

Wakamoto, cute hopeless Ninjas, and what appears to be competent comedy?
I'm in!

I rewatched some of these episodes because I found them on one of those many useless Smart TV apps. Episode 1 cuts short for some reason. It's the dub version mind so no Wakamoto, but the dub isn't too bad considering. The sudden English mixed in with the OP is rather jarring though.

ED is one of the best!

Kazzy

Scratch the notion of having any sort of AOTY list. I would simply omit the majority (of what I'v watched) because I don't feel as though it deserves recognition, and it would simply be nominated by default.

Well I guess that thread has given me a little guidance on what to move onto next, which I guess is ostensibly its purpose anyway. These year roundups always make me feel so unfulfilled!

cajunator

Banned
I rewatched some of these episodes because I found them on one of those many useless Smart TV apps. Episode 1 cuts short for some reason. It's the dub version mind so no Wakamoto, but the dub isn't too bad considering. The sudden English mixed in with the OP is rather jarring though.

ED is one of the best!

Ninja nonsense without Wakomoto is just...a crime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Scratch the notion of having any sort of AOTY list. I would simply omit the majority (of what I'v watched) because I don't feel as though it deserves recognition, and it would simply be nominated by default.

Well I guess that thread has given me a little guidance on what to move onto next, which I guess is ostensibly its purpose anyway. These year roundups always make me feel so unfulfilled!

Well you don't have to vote for everything you watched. That's why we decided to have no minimum just in case someone only wants to vote one show even if they've seen 10.

So many saying they are going to add comments later...

LordCanti

Wow, Samuel L. Jackson is such a huge fan he's read the graphic novel that doesn't exist!

EDIT: Well, I guess there is one, actually... for the 2008 sequel.
I'm sorry, Samuel L. Jackson! How could I ever doubt your sincerity?!

I'm sure no one ever showed him the uncensored cut, and if he knew it existed, he probably wouldn't go anywhere near this with a ten foot pole.

Kazzy

Well you don't have to vote for everything you watched. That's why we decided to have no minimum just in case someone only wants to vote one show even if they've seen 10.

So many saying they are going to add comments later...

Perhaps, but I was feeling a little guilty that I couldn't even offer up anything substantive. I do want to give love to the likes of Girls und Panzer, though!

Jintor

I just glanced at my shelf and had a look at my star blazers collection again (which I have but haven't watched).

I'll probably spoil myself on Yamoto if I look through the extras on this thing...

Theonik

Dunno... at least they are all Americans now.

http://youtu.be/S_8sb0TtKdM
Wasn't Kite a Hentai?

ED is one of the best!
I also watched part of it Eng dubbed before re-watching. The English in the OP is the worst.

cajunator

Banned
Perhaps, but I was feeling a little guilty that I couldn't even offer up anything substantive. I do want to give love to the likes of Girls und Panzer, though!

GUP is definitely AOTY material. Both for being adorably wonderful and simultaneously being an actual phenomenon. Its literally one of the top animes of the year.

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch 02
iPiBVYp7uOyyJ.png

Actual picture of ZachDeKoromaru
This was a lot better I felt. It's still pretty Shaft but this episode at least was enjoyable throughout!
Might be properly sold on this yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom