• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never heard of this Kite (but I do like the song 'Let's Go Fly a Kite' at the end of Mary Poppins). It's not one of those gritty mature shows with violence out the arse is it? Reading it also has sex in it doesn't fill me with confidence. Basically, is it a teenage boy's wetdream?

Shame Hollywood rejected my script for a live action version of Bible Black.

cajunator

Banned
Never heard of this Kite (but I do like the song 'Let's Go Fly a Kite' at the end of Mary Poppins). It's not one of those gritty mature shows with violence out the arse is it? Reading it also has sex in it doesn't fill me with confidence. Basically, is it a teenage boy's wetdream?

Most of the directors shows are like that. Very violent. Very sexual. Mezzo DSA actually isnt though. I dont know if thd same guy directed that tv series.

LordCanti

It's an extremely violent movie involving
the main female character (who is young) getting molested (graphically), raped, etc. There may be multiple rapings; I forget.

The censored version isn't horrible, but it's not a must watch. I would avoid the uncensored version.

Gbraga

More people should watch the first episode of Koiuta. To be fair I seem to be the only one who really enjoyed it, but I think everyone who watched it would agree that worse things are getting more attention.

NINA VIENTO!!!!!

Taruranto

1U7zFSP.png

Was this posted? New info for the new mecha by Bones.

Reknoc

It's actually based on the Kate Bush song.

Theonik

Kite was a 2 episode hentai OVA featuring a vigilante girl and the path of abuse and molestation that made here into the villain slaughtering psycho she become.
The western release was as a single censored movie cutting out the rapey pedo bits.

Wes

venison crêpe
Well, in the original series, when they got there they found that he was in fact still alive, and he opted to stay behind to make more space babies with the queen, so I think this is an improvement, as tidy as it is. Lol. I liked the bittersweet tone of how they got to reunite with Mamoru in spirit, but he still perished because of the war.

Ahhhh interesting. Is there somewhere I could see a list of the story difference between the original and this production? Be quite interested to see a few of those.

You know, I thought something weird was going on between
the Head Sister and the Brother as there was a scene where she put her hand on her belly when she was thinking of him (I think she was standing at his grave?) in that "concered mother thinking about the baby in her womb" kind of way. But then, if he was already dying due to wounds from the crash, would they really have slept together?
What a laughable idea I thought. Perhaps not.

cajunator

Banned
It's an extremely violent movie involving
the main female character (who is young) getting molested (graphically), raped, etc. There may be multiple rapings; I forget.

The censored version isn't horrible, but it's not a must watch. I would avoid the uncensored version.

Kite and Mezzo forte are remarkably similar shows.
Both of them go this direction. they are quite detailed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
D-Frag! Episode 1

Yea, I don't think I am in the mood for obscure club slice of life anime this season, so I shall pass on this one.

Quasar

D-Frag! Episode 1

Yea, I don't think I am in the mood for obscure club slice of life anime this season, so I shall pass on this one.

Its cliche, but I like the president and feel I'll get some amusement out of her beating the delinquents.

Wonder if it will go as crazy as Student Councils Discretion.

cajunator

Banned
Sunday

FN - Noragami
CR - Saki - The Nationals
FN - Space Dandy
CR - Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time - 11:00am PST

Monday
GU - Gundam Build Fighters - 4:00am PST

Tuesday
FN - Tokyo Ravens - 10:00am PST

Wednesday
FN - Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

Thursday
CR - Nagi no Asukara - 8:00am PST
CR,DS,HL - Kill la Kill - 10:30am PST
CR - Samurai Flamenco - 10:30am PST
CR - Golden Time - 12:30pm PST

Friday
CR - Wake Up, Girls!

Saturday
CR, DS? - Nisekoi
CR- Recently, My Sister is Unusual
CR - Space Brothers - 6:30am PST

These. and whenever the hell Pupa comes out. Plus the prequel to Princess and the Pilot because I actually bought that show and enjoyed it.

cajunator

Banned
Godammit, I still haven't caught up with..........FUCKING EVERYTHING FROM LAST YEAR THAT I DIDN'T WATCH.

Yeah no kidding. Theres just so much stuff that comes flooding out. Its impossible to keep up with it.

This thread is going to be interesting as it retains the Cajunatior sized hole for another week or so.

It got to 80 something pages without me. Its a fast mover no matter who posts in it.

Infinite Stratos should have negative sales.

Meanie :(
This show is awful but it gave us Charles, Laura, and Tatenashi and should thusly be treasured forever.

Are we still having this "How do we stop Attack on Ti

tan from winning GAF Anime of the Year?" discussion? I hope you realize (those earnestly involved in the discussion) how "nerdy" it's making you guys seem. If you are so confident in the quality of the programs you liked, as long as it's well known, it has a good shot at placing well. Just let the chips fall where they may. Some of you are acting as if the final results have any real meaning on anything other than what the forum as a whole really liked and maybe a quick shorthand as a recommendation list to other forum members. Do you think if Wolf Children wins that the next shipment of DVDs to Best Buy will have "NeoGaf's Anime of the Year 2013" on the back?

son-300x224.jpg

I agree with this. It doesnt matter which shows "win" just what shows are generally agreed upon to be pretty good and worthy of recommendation to others who ask in this thread. thats the real usefulness of such a contest.

New thread already? Neat.

Non Non Biyori is true AotF.

Hell yes.

Why do we always assume things?
Whenever I was searching for information about the princess and pilot manga, I would find some about this. The CGI dogfights and the character design look really bad.

Yup. I watched it as well and enjoyed it to the end. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

So AnimeGAF, any suggestions what I should watch this season besides Space Dandy and D-Frag?

the one with crazy uniform lolis.

Incredible.

Kinda? He's not even here to defend himself. Low blow, guys.

I appreciated this Ura.

waouh waouh ..

This tread was speedy enough without cajun , what could making it faste---

Ah Cajun is back ?

Welcome back cajun, this tread is gonna get fast , very fast indeed.

sonicmj1

Witchcraft Works 1

I like the directing in this show (like the hard cuts after bad luck strikes the protagonist in that opening set of scenes), but I really don't like this sort of premise. Just watching for the Mizushima, but I could drop it in the near future.

ED is incredible, though.

Kansoku

Aku no Hana - 1~13

So, I'm kinda conflicted about this. Up to ep 10 I was loving everything. Ep 11 gave me a twist that I was already expecting, and that changed the course of the story. I was I little worried how would they finish everything on 2 episodes. Turns out
they didn't. And I'm really disappointed with ep 13. Most of it was flash backs, then suddenly a bunch of stuff (that I discovered later that are from the manga and finish stuff up to the end of part 1), without any explanations, and then poof, it ended.
Now I'm going to have to read the manga. Which sucks, because it doesn't have the amazing sound design that this had. Even tough there were a lot of stills and walking, the music really set up the tone of the story. The creepy ending theme came most of the times at the right moment.

I don't feel really good. And unlike Kasuga-kun, I won't proceed to fuck up every single aspect of my life.

<3
Thighura was so cute and well animated for what it was. There was one gif of the black haired girl drying her hair or something that stood out to me.

Thanks buddy :)
I really missed you all.
I love you.

wtf why is my gif not gifing. piece of trashbutt minus. might migrate over to that german site.

hmmm weird work unblocked minus again.

iEHqFiFktnRqk.gif

Owwari

Banned
Are we still having this "How do we stop Attack on Titan from winning GAF Anime of the Year?" discussion? I hope you realize (those earnestly involved in the discussion) how "nerdy" it's making you guys seem. If you are so confident in the quality of the programs you liked, as long as it's well known, it has a good shot at placing well. Just let the chips fall where they may. Some of you are acting as if the final results have any real meaning on anything other than what the forum as a whole really liked and maybe a quick shorthand as a recommendation list to other forum members. Do you think if Wolf Children wins that the next shipment of DVDs to Best Buy will have "NeoGaf's Anime of the Year 2013" on the back?

son-300x224.jpg

1357720973497.jpg

CorvoSol

Whatever gets you to that finish line!

Like I would drop it anyway.

Are we still having this "How do we stop Attack on Titan from winning GAF Anime of the Year?" discussion? I hope you realize (those earnestly involved in the discussion) how "nerdy" it's making you guys seem. If you are so confident in the quality of the programs you liked, as long as it's well known, it has a good shot at placing well. Just let the chips fall where they may. Some of you are acting as if the final results have any real meaning on anything other than what the forum as a whole really liked and maybe a quick shorthand as a recommendation list to other forum members. Do you think if Wolf Children wins that the next shipment of DVDs to Best Buy will have "NeoGaf's Anime of the Year 2013" on the back?

son-300x224.jpg

How aren't you acting like the results have real meaning by getting upset that nobody wants AoT to win? What's abnormal about people dissin' stuff they don't like?

Theonik

Pom Poko
This was great. Occasionally hilarious, well drawn, well animated, well paced and a good soundtrack.
It was also a much better environment preservation film than anything Miyazaki could even dream of making. Takahata da god.
WATCH THIS

Kazzy

Pom Poko
This was great. Occasionally hilarious, well drawn, well animated, well paced and a good soundtrack.
It was also a much better environment preservation film than anything Miyazaki could even dream of making. Takahata da god.
WATCH THIS

I feel as though it's very under-appreciated. It manages to get it's message across, without feeling overwrought - impressive in itself.

son-300x224.jpg

I loved Yamato and it was MY AOTY.

But I will say this.

I have a cousin who hasn't seen anime since Dragon Ball Z. I showed him an episode Attack on Titan the day before yesterday. He's already on episode 15. It's the new gateway anime. It's beautifully drawn, has a great OST and the action is damn good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Out of all anime that hollywood can adapt, they choose Kite..

To be fair, the way you lot have described it for me it does seem like something Hollywood would like, especially during this current comic book fad. Obviously minus some of the more risqué stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom