• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy it. Buy it now.

wVm9pgn.gif

Midonin

Witch Craft Works 06

Loved how the episode kept cutting to the KMM group being bored and lazing around while the chaos was going on outside. Would've liked to see more of the girl with the drills, and the magical science land was insane (hello, giant background whale.) For the way this show reverses things, it's always pretty fun to watch.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa 11

ixYSXBgc3K5mF.png

A bit of a dull episode, but it did have its moments. Sister's costume was great (as was the bizarre moment when the chief stated it would look more appropriate in a theme park), and I loved Rec's phone wallpaper (shows that he does care).

Theonik

Oh damn that night and day.
Episode 01 had even more amazing differences:
And the HD version in this case is from the TV one in October as I haven't retaken them.
There are sizeable artefacts not present on the actual BD.
Edit: Mind that I didn't exactly look for the really awful bits of episode 03

Wow, $60 for Wagnaria 2 on blu ray? Rather high for a 13 episode series.
Yamada tax

Hamatora 6
Fairly interesting episode with a look at Ratio's past. It's fun seeing how they tie they jobs together. Also that thing with Moral at the end is foreshadowing something big next episode

The OP talk earlier made me look up the playlist I made of OPs for this season and see how many I needed to replace. It also made me realize how many ongoing animes I watch.

Akainu

Hunter x Hunter Episode 116 Revenge x And x Recovery

Kind of a pointless episode as plot advanced not even a gram of an inch. As is the case Killua always has the best head on his shoulders and made this something to keep watching. It just kind of showed that he really deserves his own spinoff and such.
Major fault with the writing was making Gon an antagonist in this case and pretty heartless in not even wanting to let Komugi be saved. Komugi proved to be a bad plot point as indicated numerous episodes ago so the recurrence of it here only enhanced the same feelings, and unfortunately Gon's development had to be sacrificed for her sake. At least Togashi did what Togashi does best in making the antagonists actually characters who you do want to see succeed, so to see Killua aligned with the thought of saving an innocent was something worth praise.

Hopefully next episode is actually exciting as a whole.
Hunter x Hunter is wasted on you, gaf in general, but you...

Here take this and just go sit in the corner.

Hunter x Hunter is wasted on you, gaf in general, but you...

Here take this and just go sit in the corner.

I need to get back into that series.

But I dont know I just dont really like how this chimera arc has been, the designs (not much fan of the animals) and action have been all over the place and the teasing and such has gone too long. I was more of a fan of the fast pacing and wide world of possibilities of the Heavens Arena arc and somewhat by the fun feelings and even tension in the Greed Island.

Gintama 76

That forced kissing. Now she can never be married.

Certainly explains the "goods" I've seen in regards to Yagyuu.

Bravely Default came in today, so my pacing is going to get shot pretty hard.

Re-subbed to Crunchyroll and caught up with Golden Time. Like the direction it has going on now.
Ghost Banri becoming less of an issue, Koko maturing, Chinami becoming tolerable, 2D-kun is as hilarious as ever.

Koko still as incredibly adorable as ever. Sooooooo adorable.

CorvoSol

Episode 01 had even more amazing differences:

And the HD version in this case is from the TV one in October as I haven't retaken them.
There are sizeable artefacts not present on the actual BD.
Edit: Mind that I didn't exactly look for the really awful bits of episode 03

You're making me want to rewatch this thing. I love the Record of Lodoss OVA.

Jex

There's a lot of filthy cells in this thread. Don't you understand the beauty of digital composition?

cnet128

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 5

Yeeeeeeeah, I knew
turning into Keiko there
was a bad idea. The potential for awkwardness and misunderstandings was immense, should've just gone and helped her out without resorting to such measures ~.~ Silly Inari never considering consequences.

Looks like we might at least be able to clear up that one misunderstanding after all though, because
with Inari's supernatural powers going wild, it looks like Sumizome-san might be about to find out her secret. Is Inari actually going to transform Sumizome into herself, though? Because I mean, not only would that be overstepping the boundaries of her ability to a worrying extent, it would also be doing the exact same thing that Uka did in the first episode and wasn't able to undo >.>

Sunday Without God Episode 13 OVA

Damn I miss this show. Please let there be a season 2!!! I'm glad the entire episode wasn't a fan service special. Was really happy to see these characters again.

K I started watching Lucky Star because I was bored one day where I had nothing else to watch. It's pretty funny. There's some boring stuff thrown in there and weird things like the twins talking about their time of the month and stuff... but I'm enjoying it. The call out to other anime like Initial D was pretty freaking awesome. I'm on 18 now and the ED's with Shiraishi Minoru are hilarious as well.

Anyways good show to watch when bored. I like the animation as well and it's cool how much it reminds me of Nichijou.

Lucky Star is fun.

Cool.

Gintama 77-78

Plate fighting. Nice to see some well needed Hijikata development, and Sogo as well over these two episodes. Kondo also benefited from the character development as well. Really, so far, it's basically been about those three, and the Odd Jobs are like extras, but that will obviously come to an end, because they're not the main cast!

Hunter x Hunter 116

I really like the manga but never cared about the anime until I randomly watched this cause GAF being full of praise for this.

Welp, time to start from ep 1.

Quasar

Say, "I Love You": I do not understand how I got into this. Maybe it was the unique art but I bit when it appeared on Crunchyroll and I watched it all the way through anticipating each episode. I still can't really put my finger on why I liked it. Maybe it was the plot or the characters but whatever it was I..... kind of.... liked it.

I liked it too. If you have access, the OVA is OK too.

jman2050

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 6

Guys...

Guys I think it's happening.

Actual relationship progression.

socute

I don't get it, there's the entire last portion of the first season and the entire interim between seasons, why are they spending 1/2 and likely even more of their episodes on "relationship progress"?

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 29

So ehm, is this a running theme now? This is the second Precure team in a row whose favourite cafe owner has turned out to have an incredible secret XD

That King and Queen were some pretty awful parents, though. Even if they did have a change of heart in the end, for a while they were legitimately more worried about a precious stone than their own son. I'm not surprised the kid ran away >.>

Gintama 79

IEYoDVZ.jpg

Strategic asswiping. STRATEGIC ASSWIPING! MIND GAMES TO SEE WHO WILL WIPE THEIR ASS FIRST! And that explosive ending! I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS KIND OF STRATEGY SINCE THE SUKIYAKI EPISODE

The idea that it was a four way match to see who would wipe their ass is just....

just...

EiqbqFb.gif

cajunator

Banned
Gintama 79

Strategic asswiping. STRATEGIC ASSWIPING! MIND GAMES TO SEE WHO WILL WIPE THEIR ASS FIRST! And that explosive ending! I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS KIND OF STRATEGY SINCE THE SUKIYAKI EPISODE

The idea that it was a four way match to see who would wipe their ass is just....
One of the most legendary episodes in anything ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom