• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, and I'll have to jump aboard the Kino train.

Aw man, now I miss Peaceiscloser.

Oh damn that night and day.

Yes. You are riding that Kino train Corvy. Prepare for the trip.

Episode 01 had even more amazing differences:

And the HD version in this case is from the TV one in October as I haven't retaken them.
There are sizeable artefacts not present on the actual BD.
Edit: Mind that I didn't exactly look for the really awful bits of episode 03

Yamada tax

Im used to anime looking like the former. thats what I know. ALso I have bad eyesight.
HD never was a huge difference visually for me. The main thing I notice blurays have more vivid colors which is fine.

Tokyo Ravens 18
Suzuka was adorable. So much politics that I hardly understand.

Kon. Oh Kon you lovely thing.

Strike Witches love remains alive and well!

Yes and soon to be Strike witches 2 love.

CorvoSol

You wound me.

No clue. I just thought it looked good. Tried to get an answer here but to no avail. Some 80s OVA I would wager.

Pirotess and Ashram are rad, man. My inner 15 year old STILL thinks that.

Thinking like this is what gets people in OT to recommend Rebuild over original EVA.

Before the 3rd movie had come out I'd have considered it. Now there's no chance in Hell.

Yes. You are riding that Kino train Corvy. Prepare for the trip.

Sucka my bags've BEEN packed.

Gintama 80

Ah, I knew something was missing from this show:
:SDBurton.

"My crotch sensor isn't working too well these days. The other day it responded to a slipper! I wanted to kill myself afterwards.

I'm dying!

Come on Shinpachi! Show more of your badassery!

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 30

iboCoRB2qe7Qeo.png

Mexican mofumofu-catcher Nakiwameke that shouts "Amigo" and "Tequila"?

wat

Gintama 81

Will Kyuubey be a recurring character? Given the nature of the show, I'm inclined to say yes

And that's the end of the Yagyuu arc. Was definitely longer than the last serious arc, granted there was character development given out to the Big 3 Shinsengumi, Shinpachi, and Otae as well.
Also yuri kissing

congrats Otae for not being evil and actually saving Kondo from his arranged marriage as well.

I'm hoping we get another "strategic" episode, because they somehow take something mundane or even silly, and turn it up to 11.

Hunter X Hunter - 116

Holy shit.

You could feel the rage and frustration emanating from Gon in the scene. How long ago has it been since Pitou was the one to be afraid of? The tables have completely been reversed, and Gon is about ready to choke the bastard to death right then and there. Pitou is completely helpless and Gon couldn't care less.

Almost every other Shounen protagonist would be like: "Oh dear! Well I'll wait for you to heal your nakama first, because I'm not like you! I'm a good guy!"

While Gon is all: "SCREW YOU I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR SHITTY KING I WANT MY REVENGE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE."

So. Good. I cannot wait to see how Madhouse handles that other scene from the manga that stems from this episode.

cnet128

Banned
What monster-of-the-week series has the best* monster designs?

*definition open to interpretation

I don't think I've really seen any series outside of Precure that feature monsters of the week as such, and I can't say Precure has ever exactly impressed me in that area. Of the series I've watched, Fresh probably has the best monsters, but that's more thanks to their abilities than their actual designs, which are as silly as ever.

I guess I'll take Cajun's idea and go with the Clow Cards if those count - they do have some pretty sweet designs. Or maybe the Angels from Eva? XD

Midonin

They didnt have chuuni before? I was sure they did.
When it debuted, it was streaming on The Anime Network - and I've always found that site kind of awkward to use. It's got a good selection, but not the best for video watching. Some TBS anime (Hidamari x Honeycomb, Busou Shinki) were also on there before it became almost assured that CR would get them.

It's the same thing that happened with Samurai Girls and Infinite Stratos. Their first seasons were there, and CR picked up their second ones.

CorvoSol

It was never a good option.

You know, the way the second movie ended I really, really had high hopes for where the series would go. As a "rebuild" I was hoping we could see it without the angst. It could've been interesting, to see a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre done in an entirely different direction could've been something special. I mean the first movie was nothing to care about, but the second movie really had me hoping.

And then the third movie happened.

CorvoSol

What are some good mecha anime that aren't Gurren or Code Geass?

Full Metal Panic

Evangelion

Eureka Seven

The Big O

G Gundam

Gunbuster

Martian Successor Nadesico

Shin Mazinger Z

Megas XLR

0080 Gundam War in the Pocket.

All of these make my list of shows. If you've seen a lot of Gundam, I also highly recommend Gundam Build Fighters.

Fresh Precure! 31

Decisions, decisions...

1. QUALITY!
2. Exposed shoulders/back + OTP
3. lol

Gintama 82

10th episode for today.

Orochin is a dick. And the Prince dude came back! Speaking of which, that one fat chick reappeared from episode 13! Now that I didn't really expect after this long period of time.

sonicmj1

You know, the way the second movie ended I really, really had high hopes for where the series would go. As a "rebuild" I was hoping we could see it without the angst. It could've been interesting, to see a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre done in an entirely different direction could've been something special. I mean the first movie was nothing to care about, but the second movie really had me hoping.

And then the third movie happened.

As fun as 2.0 was, Eva isn't Eva without the angst. You take out the protagonist's weakness and self-loathing, and it's just another mecha show fighting aliens. Getting back there somehow was inevitable.

But they didn't have to blow up everything they'd created in order to get there.

CorvoSol

As fun as 2.0 was, Eva isn't Eva without the angst. You take out the protagonist's weakness and self-loathing, and it's just another mecha show fighting aliens. Getting back there somehow was inevitable.

But they didn't have to blow up everything they'd created in order to get there.

I dunno, I think they stood a chance to make something that was still Eva without being Eva 1's "Here is the stuff you saw the first time. Enjoy."

I dunno what to call Eva 3, though.

Man tomorrow is going to be the best day.

Go to class watch Mikakunin more class Lunch watch Nagiasu (maybe kill la kill if up by then) then NDirect.

Ahhhhh.

Phi Brain Season 3: Episode 19

LOL was that Gammon and Antoinette doing the ED? That was so nice for it. Fun puzzle and episode
mind puzzles had so many possibilities, liked the whole moving platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom