• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 71

RIP Robot. Not sure for expanded role but probably.

Lets see now... that's.... 29 episodes overall for today! Not too shabby! That's like.... the entirety of Sailor Stars minus the filler arc in one fell swoop!

cnet128

Banned
People who have been watching Hunter X Hunter have been saying "IT'S HAPPENING" or "IT'S ALMOST TIME" for the past 2-3 months now. Was Episode 116 finally it? Did IT happen?

Depends on which IT you're talking about, but this was absolutely the IT that I have been talking about for months. There were numerous other ITs that already happened, and quite a few ITs yet to come, but this was the big one for me. All the ITs essentially form one glorious buildup that just keeps getting more and more awesome.

-Higurashi WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

CORVO YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAACK *hugs*

higurashi_001.gif

Also serious kudos to CNet for the Higurashi rec. Not a single dull episode yet.

Although I gotta say Detective > Satoshi > Keiichi. Mostly because
Keiichi goes fucking psycho. Which being trapped in that town through repeated cycles of death'll do to you.
I want to say Shion > all the demon women, but then again
Shion beat the shit out of Satoko for NO REASON.

The clear best character is Ooishii, though. "DOOOOOMO DOMOOOOO." Dude is awesome.

So how far are you in this show now? It sounds like you finished off Tatarigoroshi-hen, blasted through Himatsubushi-hen (well, it's only two episodes) and at least got started on Meakashi-hen. Which makes me sad because I would have loved to hear your actual impressions on the shit that goes down in Tatarigoroshi. I hope you at least haven't made it too far through Meakashi yet, because there's impression-worthy shit in there like you wouldn't believe XD

At any rate, Satoko > all the characters by a large margin, but you are correct that Ooishi is amazing. Here, have him rapping with Keiichi. No, I'm not even kidding.

Voiced by Koiwai Kotori (Iwai from Crime Edge, Renchon from Non Non Biyori)? Best character confirmed.

EDIT: Oh, and:

Fresh Precure! 28

Gotta give Souler credit where credit's due. While he may not be the most interesting of characters himself, he never lets a plan of attack get stale - he's always coming up with new and interesting twists to keep things Fresh.

This episode, he hit upon the good old Lotus Eater Machine strategy, creating a Nakiwameke from an old camera that's taken photos of the families in the shopping district for many years, and using it to trap Love in a blissful memory of her beloved grandfather (who passed away when she was four years old and she's heartbroken that she can't properly remember him). Meanwhile the camera Nakiwameke beats the fuck out of the other Cures - it's actually pretty strong, teleporting all over the goddamn place and using a spinning attack with its tripod arms that beats back all the Cures at once whenever they try to attack it.

Naturally, though, the memory trap turns into an opportunity for Love to say a tearful goodbye to her granddad (who is a pretty cool dude) and with a little encouragement from him, she returns to the real world to kick the Nakiwameke's sorry ass. The other three Cures hold down its tripod arms so that Love can deliver a fatal finisher. And thus Souler learns the lesson that so many other villains have before him: Lotus Eater Machines never work on real heroes for long.

Gintama 72

Fuck it, lets make it an even 30 episodes for today.

And what a wonderful decision it was.

Part A: Moral of the story is: Follow your heart, and.. be a dog.
And don't lose your waifu to a horny robot dog.
Those Yakuza dudes are back!

Part B: Katsura and Driving.... Katsura why? Why are you so entertaining? I mean... You sold this whole episode just by being in Part B.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sasameki Koto Episode 5:

Well, not a whole lot to say about this episode really, all about establishing the new group dynamics and good lord the unrequited love angle is just dragging at this point, thank god the Beta Couple are there to snark on the whole situation.

The only OP this season I can really think of where the visuals and song perfectly work together is the one in Hozuki. There are a number of decent OPs, but nothing else which I really feel like watching every week without skipping. The best EDs are Space Dandy and Wtich Craft Works. No contest.

I really think space dandy OP fit very well with what they are trying to do ..and it put me in the mood , so i never skip it.

BUt for me the worst OP this season is without a doubt setokai yakuindomo S2 ...The show itself is fine, but damn if the OP not only is a downgrade but the song and the voice insert just kill the charm of the serie for me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hmmm, got bored with Sasameki Koto so I need a new series, I might be regretting this, but I am open to suggestions at the moment.

Theonik

HDeedlit AdventuresRecord of Lodoss War 03
It's clear that the staff of this show has good taste given how much more screen time HDeedlit is getting and how many more frames are dedicated to her compared to the other characters.
Animation on the first half of this episode was a bit lacking, tons of stills and some interesting faults as well.
But then the second half happened and oh man that second half.
Plenty of sakuga. Also I need to brush my GIF skills as the HDeedlit facepalm is sure to come in handy.
It's also interesting to see how organically the HDeedlit/Parn relationship is developing though judging from EP01 poor HDeedlit
Edit: Also forgot captain Ja-bro. Reeeep

Kuttsubikoshi-
Now, the SECOND OVA is what I want to talk about. Cuz that’s where everything went crazy as fuck. I mean, the first one ends with the one girl walking in on her girlfriend with her girlfriend’s brother. The next one begins with said girlfriend kidnapping her, holding her hostage, and then raping her repeatedly for at least the space of a day. Which, I guess, lead to a love epiphany? And the whole sex with her brother thing? That’s because he had a brain tumor! He’s dead now! And did I mention that psychic powers are involved here? And now teleportation onto an airplane? And now we’re falling to our deaths? No I lied we’re naked on a beach on a planet far, far away from Earth. TA DA!

As I said the other day, “Kuttsukiboshi is somewhere between The End of Evangelion and a really bad hentai written by a drunken SDBurton in my nightmares.”

YESSS. This was the show I've been waiting for you to see ever since you started The List. Wasn't it glorious?!? Welcome back you crazy raven!

Hmmm, got bored with Sasameki Koto so I need a new series, I might be regretting this, but I am open to suggestions at the moment.

1. Black Jack: A medical drama slice-of-life made by all-time classic manga writer Osamu Tezuka. It's about a master surgeon who makes his living by curing any disease with an operation but charges ridiculous amounts of money. The show provides a lot of tough dilemmas that always kept me on the edge of my seat. Everyone should give this show a watch.

2. Kino's Journey: If I hadn't watched TTGL last year, I might have called this the best anime I watched in 2013. It succeeds in everything it tries to do. It tells you stories that reflect on the human condition. Some of which get into really screwed up places. Cajun recommends it and I recommend it to everybody in this thread. Kino impressions are always enjoyable to read.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, I give up on watching every OP/ED from this season. So here's a partial list of which ones I like the best.

There's also a lot of songs I only sort of like, but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Interesting observations. I havent heard all of them but the ones I have I agree mostly.
Tonari no seki kun might be my favorite though.

My two favorite songs for OPs this season are from Sekai Seifuku and Nisekoi. Also really like Silver Spoon's ED.

The worst award goes to Golden Time's new OP. Fucking horrible song should not be used to represent Koko being cute in the OP. If they took out the drums and bass and changed them to something that isn't a metronome it could almost be decent.

Those are good and yes that one is very bad. Not even Koko can save it. Sooooo fucking bad!

Quasar

No, it's Golden Time OP2. Nothing beats causing pain with awful noise.

I've come around on that. Its not something I'd listen (I do have a habit of listening to anime songs that I like) to on its own but I think it works pretty well as the opening with the video.

Hunter x Hunter 116

That was surprisingly affecting. The VA and animation rose to the challenge of an episode based around a single scene about Gon's confliction. As for the events, although I expected Gon to
ultimate behave sympathetically
, I didn't expect
Pitou to project vulnerability to that degree, or start breaking limbs.

From here on out I imagine
Pitou will admit it's impossible to save Kite and then they'll deliver on the fight everyone expects.
Despite how things have played out, I'd still be happy to see that.

Vito

Banned
Actually not just more,seems they will re-adaptation (all of?)LOGH

That's just people shoving a tweet into google tl: https://twitter.com/cafeseeadler/statuses/433587204611256321

<Jpn person> it doesn't say much except it's getting some kind of anime again
<Vito> people are using google tl and basically interpreting reanimated as in the original series is getting reanimated
<Jpn person> nope
<Jpn person> says nothing about how it's going to be

Asked a jpn native. Hell if you read this tweet: https://twitter.com/harujiro_0508/statuses/433578660453306368 this was all that was said &#12300;&#37504;&#27827;&#33521;&#38596;&#20253;&#35500;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#21270;&#27770;&#23450;&#12301;

Edit: my bad, matome sites suck, it's a new adaptation: https://twitter.com/adachi_hiro/status/433612291133558784

No, it's Golden Time OP2. Nothing beats causing pain with awful noise.

Well i hated golden time OP2 as well and then ( even if i still dislike the song ) i don't mind that they tried something like that . the start and the end part do work.

But setookai S2 ... talk talk , music not in sync akward silence when the music stops ... it's just not made properly.

Those are good and yes that one is very bad. Not even Koko can save it. Sooooo fucking bad!

Not sure how I feel about the song yet, but it certainly doesn't mesh with the visuals at all. Really strange choice.

Speaking of OP's, Kino's Journey is quite good. I tend to start skipping OP's after I've seen them once or twice but through 11 episodes I've watched it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom