• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't think I ever asked, how many were fans of Servant x Service here? I loved it because it reminded of Working! without the hyper mega cockteased bro Sanji who won't ever get any.

T0a8dAo.jpg

:'( poor bro

Either ways this was airing the season before I joined animeGAF and found it a hidden gem alongside Eccentric Family.

cajunator

Banned
So I don't think I ever asked, how many were fans of Servant x Service here? I loved it because it reminded of Working! without the hyper mega cockteased bro Sanji who won't ever get any.

T0a8dAo.jpg

Either ways this was airing the season before I joined animeGAF and found it a hidden gem alongside Eccentric Family.

Totally forgot about this show.

Defuser

T0a8dAo.jpg

Servant x Service and Working!! is both by the same author and same studio. Servant x Service started out slow but the later half was excellent. Too it bombed so we won't get a second season and A1 still refuses to do a Working!! season 3.

Motto Ojamajo Doremi - Episodes 11-20

So far this is reminding me a lot of the first series with the overarching plot not being the main focus of the show, it's not too bad as some of these episodes have been really good!

The stand out episode for me would have to be Episode 14 which I thought was done extremely well. It had a mix of tension and comedy that worked well together considering the subject matter.
I honestly didn't think than episode about racism was going to pop up at all in this, I was quite surprised when Reika said that about Beth. Although a some manzai patched things up nicely.

I was intregued by the end of Episode 20 though, it seems like
Nagato never made it to school that morning. Normally the problems someone has in an episode usually gets resolved in it so it'll be interesting if that ever comes up again.

I think SxS is a good show, despite a shaky first couple of episodes. The main draw for me was Hasebe and Lucy's relationship though, the progression for which was handled well and felt natural, making them easy to root for. Hasebe in particular was written well. On the comedy side it was gently amusing through its run but not stand-out like Love Lab, which I think aired alongside it. Like I say though, it felt to me like it offered more than that. If I had a criticism of the show, it would be that it didn't go far enough in exploiting the workplace setting. I'm told Working! did a better job of that, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say.

Midonin

Nagi no Asukara 19

That line by Chisaki at the end is nearly identical to the one used in Ano Hana, which definitely draws comparisons between some of the themes that Okada likes to return to. A peaceful episode, and the continuation of the Sea God's story does perhaps hint towards what direction the series is going in. And Chisaki's still cute in her school uniform - though now this makes me wonder what Akari looked like when she wore it.

Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-asu: A Lull in the Sea) Episode 19

Didnt feel like the story progressed much but did feel like we got to know more on Tsumugu
though did he really have to go on the chisaki route, she just proves continuously that she can be as annoying as Manaka. A Tsumugu Kaname thing would be nice with their back and forth

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Didn't he have something like an evil step brother or something? I don't think I read any of the manga but I seem to recall that. The anime on the other hand it all bright and cheery and romantic for the most part. From what I remember.
I stopped reading the manga about the time when Usui quit the school and went back to his original rich kid's school, and that was soon after the anime ended. lol

T0a8dAo.jpg

Luuuuuuuushhhyyyyyyy.

I guess I'm one of the people who thinks that SxS was better than Working.

cnet128

Banned

I adored Servant x Service. It was easily one of my favourite shows of that season (if not the favourite) and I placed it fifth in my AOTY vote as well. It was just consistently really entertaining. Hasebe in particular was a wonderful character (the show single-handedly made me a huge fan of his voice actor, Suzuki Tatsuhisa), and the great chemistry between him and Lucy was a pleasure to watch.

I haven't seen Working! though. It's on my list of stuff I should watch someday when Precure isn't dominating my backlog...

Defuser

Nagi no Asukura ep 19

After many episode of Chisaki being a one trick pony the conclusion has been settled. Tsumugu,Kaname...game over man, game over.

Hikari is the harem winner motherfuckers. Kaname you never got a chance and Tsumugu...shame on you, you lost to a fourteen year old despite the 5 years headstart..

Midonin

KLK has been delayed again. "Production issues" remains vague, and once it's in the catalog, it's in, I just hope that these delay issues don't persist into the next season.

jman2050

Mikakunin 6

A lot of amusing gags in this one. I particularly liked Kobeni trying to give the chocolate on the rooftop only for them to reveal the ~30ish couples there doing the exact same thing. It's not as consistently funny as it could be and some of the jokes just aren't working animated, but I'm liking this a lot better than at the start.

Mashiro still adorable, water still wet.

"I wrote an essay saying my dream was to become a wife." So this show is anti-feminism I see!

Also Working! is awesome and I do hope they make a season 3, as some interesting things actually happen later on!

KLK has been delayed again. "Production issues" remains vague, and once it's in the catalog, it's in, I just hope that these delay issues don't persist into the next season.

Why wouldnt they? Last season had valvrave delays, this one, magi and kill la kill, I can only imagine next season will still have whatever aniplex is tied to will get it.

Mikakunin 6

This show is actually really good for what it is. Definitely the best surprise this season.

Mashiro seems to be the comedic relief for the show and I'm okay with that.

346.gif

jman2050

I'm watching Mikakunin, Tonari no Seki-Kun, and Nisekoi mainly and I've liked all three, so I guess that counts as recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom