• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, continuing from last season, I'm sticking with KLK.

That's pretty much it. I've seen a bit of Mikakunin (Mashiro is adorable.) but I've got a backlog to fulfill, so I'm trying to stick with just GaoGaiGar and KLK on my watch status.

survivor

Banned
So what are some of the better shows this season AnimeGAF?

Tonari no Seki-kun for comedy. Hozuki no Reitetsu for hit and miss comedy, but great art direction and interesting bureaucratic afterlife affairs. Nagi no Asukara for melodrama. And Inari Konkon Koi Iroha for shoujo and hilarious MC reaction faces.

cnet128

Banned
Not in a season that has Звезда

Sekai Seifuku is certainly enjoyable, and does have the distinction of containing Kate, the cutest character in any of the season's new shows, but I've been finding the narrative a little too disjointed and inconsistent so far to call it my new show of the season. I'd still put it below things like Mikakunin, Sakura Trick and Inari.

Gazoinks

All that truly matters this season is Tonari no Seki-kun. :p

I'm actually kind of glad I'm not that enthused by this season, because it gives me more time to work on my backlog. Bakemonogatari all day every day.

All that truly matters this season is Tonari no Seki-kun. :p

I'm actually kind of glad I'm not that enthused by this season, because it gives me more time to work on my backlog. Bakemonogatari all day every day.

too short though :(

Mikakunin, Inari and Noragami is what I recommend.

I'll watch Space Dandy after its finished.

cnet128

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 6

It takes a special kind of skill to get that many Nessies >.>

Very seasonally appropriate episode.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 17
BgX_oypCUAA1urK.png

Fantastic episode and Samurai Flamenco stuff especially combined with Samurai Policeman. This is definitely one of the highlight episodes of the anime.

but then when everyone was like HUH!! as we got Alien Flamenco. Truly the show knows how to keep the surprises coming!

Midonin

Samurai Flamenco 17

Now we're back in the strike zone of toku weirdness that I love this show doing.
I haven't seen politics and tokusatsu mixed like this since Aikoku Sentai Dainippon. In fact, I'm convinced that may be the only other time. Loved seeing the Flamenco Girls in action once again, too. And Masayoshi's hero suit from the opening. Though instead of Watchmen, things suddenly turned into... Gurren Lagann? Mr. Justice is really an alien? I love it when this show throws me for a curveball, and does it within about three episodes.

If everything is Flamenco, then I wonder.
How does Cherry Flamenco fit into this? Also, since next week is
"Flamenco in Space", should I go for a PR or a Fourze joke? 宇宙キター!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jexhius started AnimeGAF as we know it. We are the fruit of his loins.

JoeFu

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 17

hahahhahahahahaha I love this show. It's such a fun ride. I have no idea where the hell this show is going to go. It took like 3 episodes to completely change everything... isn't this show going to be 20 something episodes? There's still so much that can happen.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 19

Dammit Manaka
stop being such a sleepyhead and wake up already

Dammit Chisaki
get your ass away from Hikari, he has two better pairing choices and so do you

Dammit Kaname
stop constantly angsting over Chisaki and go see Sayu, she didn't get any screentime this episode and I blame you

I don't think Nisekoi is good.

It's a good anime adaptation which turned a generic harem into something watchable though.
And Chitoge is a miracle.

Nagi Asu 19

...Can someone die already to speed this up. Or have Uroko troll them by throwing in an extra plot point.

Hell I still love the character interactions and the whole web but it's starting to feel a bit bloated.

Mikakunin 6

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Best show is best show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mikakunin 6

This show is actually really good for what it is.
it's a show centered around bestiality and incest that has a high school girl expressing interest in an eight-year-olds bed wetting. i guess for what it is it's "good".

Branduil

Nisekoi is like a shounen rom-com distilled into the most generic, tired essence possible. I guess if you can tolerate the insipid writing it could be deemed watchable but it's still a SHAFT show so it's not like even the visuals are amazing or anything.

Samurai Flamenco 17

The new stationary weapons are so cool. The battle against the prime minister was awesome. And that ending lol.

Suddenly the show is
Independence Day

Nisekoi is a decent harem show which basically means its a shit anime overall. You have your stereotypical tsundere character and childhood friend along with a mind numbingly dumb/dense MC. Combine that with plot that hardly exists or progresses and you have your average harem show albeit one with decent visuals the character designs.

Theres only one harem show I can deem as a great anime and thats Golden Boy.

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 17

Hey, there was actually some decent animation in this episode. Everything else looked terrible though so, well, yeah.

Inset obligatory "Whaaaaat?" here.
Nisekoi is a decent harem show which basically means its a shit anime overall. You have your stereotypical tsundere character and childhood friend along with a mind numbingly dumb/dense MC. Combine that with plot that hardly exists or progresses and you have your average harem show albeit one with decent visuals the character designs.

Theres only one harem show I can deem as a great anime and thats Golden Boy.

Can't have a harem with only two girls bro.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Inari KonKon

Noragami

Silver spoon

Tonari no seki kun

That one show duckroll pimps

Nisekoi

Space bebop

The only new shows worth watching this season, in rough order of quality

For old shows there's Samurai flamenco, and klk I guess if you go for that kind of thing

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 6:

This continues to be the best show of the season in spite of what some might say, though I will not lie this can be rather interpretable being so Japanese.

[Samurai Flamenco] - 17

Hey, there was actually some decent animation in this episode. Everything else looked terrible though so, well, yeah.

Inset obligatory "Whaaaaat?" here.

Can't have a harem with only two girls bro.

Don't worry there are a couple more girls into the dense MC unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom