• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Higurashi 19

Soooooooooooooooo I have some words on this one.

On the one hand,
the heretofore sweet Shion has been completely exposed as just as sick as every other character on this show who is not the detective or Ooishi,
but on the OTHER hand,
frankly I'm still rooting for Shion. I mean yeah, she beat the SHIT out of Satoko for no fucking reason at all, but that's really the only thing she's done wrong. She's tried to strangle Mion once, and if she'd succeeded in killing Mion, a LOT of things would be MUCH better for her, because as sweet and innocent as Mion pretends she is, I'm already damn certain that Mion isn't. Demonic possession or not, Mion is possibly one of the most evil people in town. And her grand mother? The woman who wanted to strangle Shion when she was little, has hated her her entire life and may or may not be the one responsible for Oyashiro-Sama's curse? That bitch NEEDED to die. Like Shion, the one regret I have is that Demon Granny didn't SUFFER before she died. Killing Mion is STILL the best thing Shion can do. It's a given she's not getting out of this alive, and Keiichi isn't either, but AT LEAST somebody who deserved to die actually is this time around.

It's all starting to come together, except, of course, one very, very important piece of information:

What the fuck is the deal with Rena?
You might change your mind on certain people before this arc is over.
Ain't that a truth and a half

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure 24

Silly Setsuna, don't you know that the love and kindness of Jesus Christ mahou shoujo protags are boundless and unconditional?

Love is love <3

Higurashi 19

Soooooooooooooooo I have some words on this one.

On the one hand,
the heretofore sweet Shion has been completely exposed as just as sick as every other character on this show who is not the detective or Ooishi,
but on the OTHER hand,
frankly I'm still rooting for Shion. I mean yeah, she beat the SHIT out of Satoko for no fucking reason at all, but that's really the only thing she's done wrong. She's tried to strangle Mion once, and if she'd succeeded in killing Mion, a LOT of things would be MUCH better for her, because as sweet and innocent as Mion pretends she is, I'm already damn certain that Mion isn't. Demonic possession or not, Mion is possibly one of the most evil people in town. And her grand mother? The woman who wanted to strangle Shion when she was little, has hated her her entire life and may or may not be the one responsible for Oyashiro-Sama's curse? That bitch NEEDED to die. Like Shion, the one regret I have is that Demon Granny didn't SUFFER before she died. Killing Mion is STILL the best thing Shion can do. It's a given she's not getting out of this alive, and Keiichi isn't either, but AT LEAST somebody who deserved to die actually is this time around.

It's all starting to come together, except, of course, one very, very important piece of information:

What the fuck is the deal with Rena?

Yeahhhhhh I think you're definitely going to change your opinion on some of these characters before the series is over, perhaps even this arc. Considering your general attitude to the cast as a whole, I'm surprised by your comment about "somebody who deserved to die" being around, because I get the impression there aren't many people you don't think deserve to die at this stage. Like, uh, Satoko, Ooishi, Akasaka (who isn't even around for the most part) and...that's it? =p

With your fixation on Rena's issues, I have a feeling you're going to love the arc after this one, though.

Time for another Chuunibyou Ren Lite episode? Time for another Chuunibyou Ren Lite episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CcYmAnGP0

The title on this one is pretty self explanatory: "Dekomori vs. Nibutani 2".

And it ends with a scene that shippers will probably enjoy.

There can never be enough Dekomori vs Nibutani.

And by "vs" I mean "x".

Higurashi 13

Okay, what the hell. That really did not satisfy me, and just seemed random. I only hope that the second half of the season is an improvement.

Yeah, Tatarigoroshi-hen is pretty much the definition of both trainwreck and diabolus ex machina, in both the good ways and bad. It is impossible for anything to go anything other than horribly wrong in that arc >.> I love it for that (though I think the first half of the arc is stronger than the more trainwrecky latter half).

On the bright side, the end of Tatarigoroshi-hen is basically the high/low point of the show trying to confuse the fuck out of the viewer. From here on out is where things gradually start making an awful lot more sense.

Fresh Precure! 32

In which we finally pay a visit to Tart's homeland of the Sweets Kingdom, and are reintroduced to the elder penguin with the icecream staff from the first episode. Also a love interest for Tart, because why not.

A fun little diversion, and the Cures got a new piece of plasticshit legendary artifact out of it that I'm sure will come in handy in the future.

Vito

Banned
Terra Formars getting both TV anime and an OVA http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-16800.html

phsWk6Y.jpg

Bigger pic courtesy of https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/433899418576621568

Quasar

Well, the guy had some dark past. I wonder what that turned out to be.

Didn't he have something like an evil step brother or something? I don't think I read any of the manga but I seem to recall that. The anime on the other hand it all bright and cheery and romantic for the most part. From what I remember.

See I didn't list that because MAL claimed it was Josei. This whole classification thing confuses me. Yeah I know its purely marketing related (purely what magazine the manga appeared in) rather than some normal genre classification. Still.

Which is why those labels are bullshit, at least how they are used.

Nodame is a romantic comedy, a title for both teenagers and adults. It also has a good cross-genre appeal, the type of work that is also liked by men.

Quasar

Which is why those labels are bullshit, at least how they are used.

Nodame is a romantic comedy, a title for both teenagers and adults. It also has a good cross-genre appeal, the type of work that is also liked by men.

I know. It would be in my top 5 shojou/josei anime.

But yeah...the whole shojou/josei/shouen/whatever classification thing is totally busted.

Then again so is the category of 'adventure game' if any modern videogame awards ceremony is any guide.

Jintor

do you go on an adventure? yes/no

and that's why ghost trick, the walking dead, and grand theft auto v are the same genre

Nodame was excellent. Shame about what came after though, didn't feel anywhere near as special.

I fondly remember starting that about 11pm at night and finishing at around 7-8am in the morning.

Will probably have you listening to classical music for a little while too..

Gyabo!

Westlo

Nodame was excellent. Shame about what came after though, didn't feel anywhere near as special.

I fondly remember starting that about 11pm at night and finishing at around 7-8am in the morning.

Will probably have you listening to classical music for a little while too..

Gyabo!

I did the exact same thing with the original series when I watched in early 08, such an awesome watch. Never skipped the OP/ED for the first cour, the second cour ed though was auto skip after first watch. It wasn't no Crystal Kay and it wasn't a patch on their OP song... that and being very tired lol.

The sequels never had the same magic though.... only made it halfway through Paris, prob didn't help I read the manga before that though.

wonzo

Banned
D-Frag! 1-6

dfrag5.jpg

This show definitely grabbed me with it's humor in a way that Hozuki no Reitetsu couldn't even begin to. Good stuff.

France was lucky but channels like Nickelodeon aired plenty of early anime series dubbed by Saban in the US but it just didnt catch fire until later.
Yeah but first i remember that guy saying that saban was evil incarnate , and second for us it wasn't just a couple of shows , it was really everywhere.

Higurashi 13

Okay, what the hell. That really did not satisfy me, and just seemed random. I only hope that the second half of the season is an improvement.
It's was meant to be confusing , but rest assured that it's not random

Usually then hands do not change.

Benio effect

cajunator

Banned
Yeah but first i remember that guy saying that saban was evil incarnate , and second for us it wasn't just a couple of shows , it was really everywhere.

It's was meant to be confusing , but rest assured that it's not random

Benio effect

But Saban brought anime to kids. They cant be all that evil.

Kvik

D-Frag! 1-6

dfrag5.jpg

This show definitely grabbed me with it's humor in a way that Hozuki no Reitetsu couldn't even begin to. Good stuff.

The popp~ed zipper incident was pretty fucking funny.

Next episode will feature Funabori in
a nurse outfit.

Vito

Banned
No, it's just a "leak" from that promotional poster from a site where bookstore owners can download promotional material

Bunch of Yowapeda pics got dumped on minitokyo (reup: minus), but the Newtype poster really is nice:

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wonder Momo Episode 2:

Still trying to figure out what baby was sacrificed to which elder god in order to give Wonder Momo a shot at revivability.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I think if I'm going to watch Merlin Wright (no I'm not trying to make this name a thing, I just can't remember what it's called and people understood it), I'll watch it backwards from the point I got to (episode 4) and leave it at that. Sounds safer than going forwards judging by the above post.

There was going to be a comment about the poor animation but it was kind of in bad taste so I'll refrain.

zeroshiki

IIRC it was the art style, it was off putting. Oniisama E suffers from that (an art style I'm not liking) a bit too based on the one episode I've seen.

Marimite doesn't really have the overly sharp chins and crazy eyes that Oniisama E is known for. Its a really good show that you should check out. I'm hesitant to call it shoujo though.

I didn't notice when I saw Cowboy Bebop years ago, because I didn't know American culture, but now I can see in the Mushroom episode the whole connection of black people and watermelons...

Hunter x Hunter 75

Can I call this the best MMO anime ever
even if it wasn't actually a MMO
? So all the remaining episodes are part of one arc and it's still ongoing? Damn.
I'm going to miss Bisky.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 69

A fun day at Maria's house. I do like having Sakura be the one to come along with the main cast. The show's got so many characters now that some of them (Yurika and Kaede mostly) feel like they've dropped off the radar now that the Dream Academy cast keeps on growing. Maria's house is pretty fancy, and the aurora projector was neat.

CorvoSol

Yeahhhhhh I think you're definitely going to change your opinion on some of these characters before the series is over, perhaps even this arc. Considering your general attitude to the cast as a whole, I'm surprised by your comment about "somebody who deserved to die" being around, because I get the impression there aren't many people you don't think deserve to die at this stage. Like, uh, Satoko, Ooishi, Akasaka (who isn't even around for the most part) and...that's it? =p

With your fixation on Rena's issues, I have a feeling you're going to love the arc after this one, though.

I'm not so much fixated on Rena as she is the only character who has avoided attention since the first arc ended. Her and Takano.

CorvoSol

...My comment stands. =p

Well I figured they'd get to her eventually. I suppose the other great mystery really is Takano and Tomitake. Not much has been explained about who they are and what they're up to. And I'm still
creeped out by the fact that she picks up Keiichi after he commits a murder he doesn't commit when she's supposed to be dead.

Midonin

Engaged to the Unidentified 06

Valentine's Day chaos! Now with the whole wolf thing out in the open, I like the way the series is taking it. An attempt at understanding. Except for Benio. We all want a dog-eared Mashiro, but the world isn't ready for that level of cuteness just yet. I loved the jokes going on with the chocolate toy balls. (I remember one of those from when I was a kid. The Wonder Ball. Not quite the same thing, but similar.) The UMA/&#39340; pun was pretty clever, and Mashiro's Nessie collection was a great gag. Though she should've gotten a chupacabra, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom