• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Onee-chan ga Kita! 06

For Mother Russia, and also what is supposed to be iM@S. The English out of nowhere was great.

Pupa 06

W-well. I knew this was coming, but... yeah. I'll just slink over to Golden Time now, thanks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if there's not exactly a single break out show this season is stronger than at least the last few before it. Writing off the entirety of the season because it's "Winter" is pretty dismissive and kind of comes across as misinformed. There are good short shows, some new stuff that's pretty interesting, and many of the returning or continuing shows are hitting their peaks.

CorvoSol

Higurashi 20

Yeah, guys, even though I know
she's gone mad and is going to murder Satoko in cold blood, and Satoko is the only woman aside from Takano who hasn't really proven herself evil yet
, I'm honestly still #TeamShion. I mean for starters, I'm FINALLY getting some answers about the second arc, so there's that. But what really makes me continue to root for her is
I don't buy for a second that these fuckers weren't responsible for Satoshi's death. Onibaba is a vicious, horrible monster who wanted to strangle a newborn. The old man has been letting Onibaba rule this town for ages, and his idiotic prejudice against the Houjous more than earned him a ticket to the torture chamber.

And Mion is getting exactly what she deserves because she went along with this, because her innocent girl facade is just as false as her sister's, and she started this shit with her sister by trying to be the badass and not realizing what she was up against. And mostly because she KNEW she HAD TO KNOW that there should've been four fingernails. And also for you know, MAKING HER SISTER go through with that to appease the vile appetite of her grandmother. The only people escaping Shion's justice so far are her parents, who deserved just as much horrible treatment as Onibab for neglecting Shion and allowing Onibaba to mold Mion in her likeness.

I feel kinda bad for Keiichii 2, (Or is this Keiichii 3?), since I recall he was fairly innocent this time around, but ever since Keiichii tried to murder Satoko's uncle he hasn't been the same. Shion murdering Satoko is just as bad, but her vengeance on the rest of this hellhole has mitigated her crime.

Mature

It's too bad people are struggling to find shows they like this season. It's treating me just fine. Each week has a number of shows I look forward to, not including carry overs like KLK and GBF.

What the hell:

nobuwauqr.png

Google has spoken.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 17

This show is fucking insane. Maybe in a good way, maybe not, it's impossible to tell anymore due to brain damage, but it's soooooo entertaining. It takes the idea of escalation through the roof, and yet still "grounds" itself in common everyday things which people can relate to in terms of motivations, characterizations, and morality. It's great to see the old characters all back in a major way, but goddamn that new "twist" at the end... lol.

/dead

---

Witch Craft Works - Episode 6

CffUNr4.jpg

This is actually one of the less ridiculous and random things in this episode.

This show is also crazy, in totally different ways. At least the insanity here is pretty consistent with the LN style storytelling. Mizushima is doing a great job of turning the material into a solid anime though. This episode felt really tightly paced. Lots and lots of happened (none of it really matters as usual, but it's fun as hell) in the span of the episode. and there were some really nice explosions and effects too. The episode also confirms that every single character on this show is clinically insane. :lol :lol

Midonin

Golden Time 18

EXORCIST! Koko didn't have a whole lot of screen time this week, but she certainly made an impact in what little she did have. Once she's away from Banri, she's surprisingly easy to deal with. I liked seeing more of Banri's old life and old school too. What I'm getting from this is that maybe old Banri and current Banri aren't all that different. (Though I'm borrowing the theory, slightly.)
If the broken mirror symbolizes anything. That ghost bridge scene was kinda spooky. And I'm wondering exactly what the context of that rampaging Koko shot is in the preview.

holysan

Pupa #6

Yume...
Onii-chan...
Onii-chan...
Meat...
Onii-chan...
Delicious...
Onii-chan... Onii-chan...
Onii-chan...
Onii-chan... Onii-chan... Onii-chan...
Onii-chan...

Amazing dialogue

cnet128

Banned
Mahou Sensou 6

brother get

Starting to seriously think about dropping this now, it really is the single most generic thing in the history of anime.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon 6

Poor Hachiken.
His family is truly messed up. His father is so cold compared to the other parents we met during the show.

I really think this is the best ED this season.

jman2050

Nisekoi is great.

Chitoge is the best. Onodera sucks.

Listen to this man. Onodera the worst.

Golden Time 18

Damn, another great episode. The beginning with Koko was hilarious and the entire high school reunion was pretty earnest. Seems like Linda and Banri have a true mutual understanding now.

Oh, and Banri in high school really was a pathetic loser, wow.

As for that ending... not exact the best sign for future events, to say the least.

As for that preview:
"Night in Paris"?

qk6qr2N.gif

Midonin

Magical Warfare 06

I'll admit that of all the MF Bunko announced anime, this did seem like the least interesting, but some of the stuff going on in the magical battles, I like, at least. The way of fighting with the giant pen and protactor was neat.
Plus it's good to be done with the amnesia subplot and on to something else.

Midonin

Looks like some of the Olympic delays are happening. Z/X wasn't on this week, and Saki The Nationals isn't airing this Sunday either.

survivor

Banned
Masaaki Yuasa's The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy illustration

http://shrani.si/f/2A/C/1KnPgMzj/tumblrn0ye11pnsa1qmlmyuo.jpg[IMG]

(preemptive go away duck comment). From the same tumblr: [url]http://artbooksnat.tumblr.com/post/76556971524/haruhiko-mikimoto-tytania-original-character-designs[/url][/QUOTE]
This is awesome.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 18

Could see the twist at the very end coming a mile off, but still a fabulous episode. Nui is always just a miracle to watch in battle, Satsuki gets to show off all that ferocity she does so well, and Ryuuko gets some pretty damn badass moments of her own. Yeah, you
TEAR those threads out of your own brain
! XD

And of course Ragyou for her part is such a wonderful villain. Delectably detestable. Loving it.

cnet128

Banned
pupa 6

oh god it really is just this for the entire episode

brb changing my mind about pupa's episode length, it's perfect, I don't think I could have survived this if it had gone on any longer

Gintama 85

The twist is that there's 9 Foxes. GET IT!? MYTH JOKES

Detective calls himself hardboiled... but... he only really did one hard boiled thing in his entire showing. What a dork.

Dat family on the moving floor.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 121 (engDub)
BgZDpPyCYAA4jO5.png

Izaki cardfight was amazing. He picked the best clan and even had the awesome mech inspired Ancient Dragon, Tyranno Legend. It was incredible.

sad he lost due to plot restrictions :(

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 18

lol Banri at school was super pathetic. No wonder Ghost Banri is such a fail!

Also that entire sequence with Kouko at the start was pure. gold.

GaoGaiGar - 12

So the first half of this episode consisted of some well-welcomed exposition to some things we knew about but didn't really get much information on at first. It's probably going to be inevitable that the Zonders's main objective is going to be akin to either taking over/destroying the world or something, so I'm not holding my breath on anything too major involving them to avoid dissapointment. The second half consisted of our heroes doing some mecha combat training.

I'm getting a sense of foreshadowing from this episode, though considering everything that's happened in this show or not, I can't be sure if it's a red flag or not. It's definitely a yellow flag though.

cajunator

Banned
Sekai Seifuku is certainly enjoyable, and does have the distinction of containing Kate, the cutest character in any of the season's new shows, but I've been finding the narrative a little too disjointed and inconsistent so far to call it my new show of the season. I'd still put it below things like Mikakunin, Sakura Trick and Inari.

hmm. Actually Mashiro has taken a decisive lead but Kate has her moments. But no matter who wins, we all win :)

it's a show centered around bestiality and incest that has a high school girl expressing interest in an eight-year-olds bed wetting. i guess for what it is it's "good".

theres a certaon show animegaf loves involving bitchy forgettable characters, insipid mysteries, and a cutie drunk on chocolate. Anime.

SHAFT made Soredemo which is a million times better than Nisekoi.

Ok ill agree with that.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-director-says-original-characters-are-boring
ComingSoon: It's one of those strange stories where you literally never see the main character [Akira] that is the namesake of the film!

Collet-Serra: Nobody's interesting. Tetsuo's interesting because weird shit happens to him, and Kaneda is so two-dimensional. That's part of the Japanese culture, they never have strong characters. They're used as a way to move the other philosophy forward.

Gazoinks

Both Nobunagas are male, so they're not really Nobunaga shows.

But one of them's a guy in the body of a high school girl. What does that count as?

Masaaki Yuasa's The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy illustration

tumblrn0ye11pnsa1qmlmyuo.jpg

(preemptive go away duck comment). From the same tumblr: http://artbooksnat.tumblr.com/post/76556971524/haruhiko-mikimoto-tytania-original-character-designs

This is awesome. I need to get around to watching Kemonozume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom