• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
An anime meme should start from this

gRZvjeT.jpg

cajunator

Banned
The season is more dire then I thought if Nisekoi is being held up as something genuinely watchable.

nah. This season is really squee!!

Even if there's not exactly a single break out show this season is stronger than at least the last few before it. Writing off the entirety of the season because it's "Winter" is pretty dismissive and kind of comes across as misinformed. There are good short shows, some new stuff that's pretty interesting, and many of the returning or continuing shows are hitting their peaks.

fully agree. Ive always had something to watch every season but this one doesnt seem that weak. Several shows got and have retained my interest. Lots of fun stuff like Sakura trick, space dandy, seki kun, world conquest, mikakunin...

Mikakunin 1
Decided to start to watch it. It's very cute especially Mashiro.

Ohhhh my god. If you think shes adorable now...

GaoGaiGar - 13

Ok never mind, nothing really major happened plot wise.

Yeesh, today's Zonder was just a guy out of breath at his job! He didn't hate anybody! He just wanted to go for a ride!

Who's the next Zonder going to be? The next guy who sneezes at the slightest smell of dust and wishes the place were a bit cleaner?

So the abilities of intelligent robot is the fact that he's Ninja Sailor Moon.

I'm%2Bok%2Bwith%2Bthis.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
WitchCraft Works - 6

Not much in the way of actual plot development besides the whole
Takimyas seal's being broken slowly

Sister antics were also pretty funny to watch.

L0cZJjo.gif

Stop resisting the onee-san, the penguin compels you!

You have chosen well.

Admittedly I was planning on watching it towards the end of the season but all these gifs

Samurai Flamenco 17

100% Support, son.
Well that was a twist i wasn't expecting, like most of the time with this show. So Mr. Justice was Flamenco alien. BOOO. You just ruined his character Manglobe. Also what's with everything being called something Flamenco. Also Hazama seems like he is one with the most common sense in these recent episodes which is odd seeing how the series started

A silly hat?

If I watch one episode and drop it, do I get a silly hat?

Here's a picture of the hat
wdjDguJ.jpg

I hear that whoever wears it, becomes well known for being #1.

On a different note, just discovered that Linked Horizon did the Bravely Default OST. I loved their openings for Attack on Titan, and the OST for Bravely Default is amazing. I mean anybody who can make epic french accordion battle music deserves a freaking seat among the gods.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 18

BOY I SURE DO WANT SOME DELICIOUS DOMINOS PIZZA NOW.

Yeah, take that picture together, Banri and Linda. I'm sure that won't come back to bite you in the ass or anything. Nope. And I'm SURE Mitsuo won't see it. Nope!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
These Olympics have totally fucked my schedule for shows. Good thing I have a 3 day weekend coming up at least. :(

Silver Spoon S2 6

This show is so good! Every episode is better than the last, and it started out very strong. Got to see some real great growth for Hachiken this episode. And being Nakajima-sensei is suffering. :(

GaoGaiGar - 14

AWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

GA GA GA GA GAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAIIIIIIII GAAAAAAR!

So we have the kids getting sucked into someone's Battlefield game where the amazing Volfogg's gotta save them!

Volfogg was already awesome with his ninja boomerangs, but then he had to go and do a super combination to form BIG Volfogg.

But what was the real highlight of this episode?
Frigging' GaoGaiGar showing up and straight up DEMOLOSHING the robot. Like damn, the yelling, the attacks, and all to the opening song playing in the background! I practically jumped out of my seat and started fist-pumping when that happened. Damn I love it when this show does that, and it went all out in this episode!

I love this show. So much fun.

Defuser

Samurai Flamenco ep 17

NANOMACHINES SON! Manglobe should have add in "It Has to be This Way" in the fight.

With all the flamenco naming, something tells me all this gonna lead back to the grandfather.

Golden time - 18

Ah ah
Koko , you're trully the best .
you did the exorcist not once ,but twice !! Congratulations !

Linda , you're fine now too .. there was a moment where you weren't in my good graces but this is now over ..overall that was a nice character arc for you. this episode was quite good but i'm pretty sure that
this photo is going to mess things up later

Most of the shots that weren't close with banri classmates was QUALITY lol.

cajunator

Banned
Golden time - 18

Ah ah
Koko , you're trully the best .
you did the exorcist not once ,but twice !! Congratulations !

Linda , you're fine now too .. there was a moment where you weren't in my good graces but this is now over ..overall that was a nice character arc for you. this episode was quite good but i'm pretty sure that
this photo is going to mess things up later

Most of the shots that weren't close with banri classmates was QUALITY lol.

This shows strength really lies in Koko and the absolute lack of youknowwhat. Linda im not fond of so if you found something that redeemed her Im interested to find out soon.

jman2050

KILL LA KILL - 18

First 20 minutes of this episode:
http://i.imgur.com/CK1aEhD.gif[IMG]
[spoiler]Except for the child abuse parts. :([/spoiler]

Last minutes of this episode:
[IMG]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/star-trek-mind-blown.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seriously you guys are NOT ready for this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
chuu2-2 06
school trip episode. the subject matter is extremely tired and the take on it here is beyond dry. some stuff at least kind of sort of happens, but i guess the glacial pace of the series is hard to break from at this point.
there's a fake out on a real kiss (while they're both beneath the sheets) but rikka does actually kiss utah on the cheek like two minutes later. hot. saucy. i know.
there is a lame subplot here about the first years that were left behind being bored but they do nothing and the episode forgets they exist. it was pretty much more of this:
tD43ugs.jpg

asides: heavy foot fetish pandering and some hot walking animations.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 06

Another fun episode. Rather like how they are exploring the different cultural hells out there.

And still loving all that office and clerical humor.

Kill la Kill 18

KLK is starting to feel like Okami to me. Beginning and Ending segments seem to be the best parts of this show. The middle of the entire show though, felt like one massive glut that just rained on this parade.

Did see the last minute coming in a sense
the plot twist
but jeez. Still liking the execution.

Kill la Kill 18

KLK is starting to feel like Okami to me. Beginning and Ending segments seem to be the best parts of this show. The middle of the entire show though, felt like one massive glut that just rained on this parade.

Did see the last minute coming in a sense
the plot twist
but jeez. Still liking the execution.
Is Kill La Kill the new best Zelda?

Golden Time 18

Holy shit what an amazing episode for Banri character development, Linda sympathizing and Koko comedy variety hour.

First off we had Banri coming to terms with himself and his past in a very crucial way. This was handled spectacularly and realistically as I'm pretty sure a group of old friends would act like this. He came to terms with himself and with Linda.

Then we Linda... actually not bringing sexual tension? D-did Linda just turn into ultimate bro? This whole episode they acted like super best bros and that was great. Her character is the best when she's just being a great friend, and this was it.

Then the most important part of the show. EXORCIST! Hahaha brilliant. Koko is truly the most stand out character. I need a gif of it.

Looks like next episode we have more Koko x Banri which is the best part of the show outside of 2d-kun existing.

If you dropped the show I would highly suggest picking it up as a certain ghost banri hasn't appeared in a negative fashion for quite some time now. He had his biggest douchey moment for like one whole episode but that was still during
the denial phase by Banri
but that's past that and we've had like 3-4 amazing episodes.

Naruto Shippuden 350

Actually got upset early on thinking that we weren't getting more filler on Anbu Kakashi.

Thankfully, it seems to be continuing on after Minato died.

I personally think the manga is way better. Like, I saw a little bit of the anime, but I think Death Note works much better as a manga.

Death Note was one of the very few properties where I read the manga before watching the anime. I thought Madhouse did an excellent job at adapting it into a show. The music and tension the show created was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom