• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Klk 18
Did they really go that route? Seems retarded and lame as of right now.

I'm very much liking what the preview seems to imply however.

Naruto Shippudden 350

Maybe it's because I am up to date with the manga but I hate how they decided right at this moment to delve into everyone's past for the billionth time. There are so many more cooler things that this show needs to get to instead of dragging it's feet on everything.

Westlo

At some point the excuses gotta stop, mang

eESNRii.gif

Yep, it's clearly Team Mion.

I really should watch the final arc of Kai one day.... for someone who remembers the music in it... i doubt it but did they actually include the dear you track from the vns for that arc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OOl0yA2v2g

sogood.gif

Engaged to the Unidentified - 06

This episode was again excellent in term of characters , benio was superb , as usual and all the characters followed , megane-chan was a good addition to the mix , quite usefull to shift the focus to the valentine day

in short :

The school roof scene was excellent !

Midonin

REC 06-10

The feelings I had for the first half of the show remain largely the same. It feels very much like what I'd expect a drama to be like - I've browsed the drama page on TBS' English site, though that doesn't count for much - but as an anime, I enjoyed it. The contrast between the world of advertising and the world of a voice actor was carried off well, and Aka was pretty cute. The episode I most expected to go into drama territory (the DVD exclusive one), actually ended in the most comedic way. The ending was pretty heartwarming too, ending at a good place. From what I've seen of the workplace in the anime that feature them, solving everyone's problems while going out drinking feels just about right.

Final Thoughts: Thanks to Seraphis for recommending me this one. I know I'll check out at least one or two more of the series you've suggested, once I go through a few more cycles in other genres. This was a nonstandard anime for me, in the genre and the relatively low key Shaftiness of it. Yet, it was a good experience, tinged with the cinema and a strong romantic subplot. Plus the focus on voice actors is something I can appreciate, too. A good watch.

Articalys

Was busy all day, finally back.

Samurai Flamenco 17

At this point they've clearly decided to forego any sense of plot and just ramp up the stupidity every episode, and the show is better for it.

Silver Spoon S2 6

Great episode, full of emotion.

Kill la Kill 18

With all the "RYUKO IS SATSUKI'S SISTER" fantheories flying around ever since the show started it was difficult to actually be surprised by the final reveal. Kind of sucks the fun out of it when it's that predictable.

That said, I do like it when a show gets to a point where the heroes are in ultimate desperation, so it should be neat to see where things go from here.

CorvoSol

At some point the excuses gotta stop, mang

eESNRii.gif

I make no excuses. Her
butchering those people, especially Satoko, is evil. She's nuts. They all deserve to die just the same. Minus Satoko.

Honestly I find
psycho Shion
infinitely more sympathetic and justified in what she does than I ever found that shit heel Lelouch to be.

Samurai Flamenco 17

This show.

This show.

Just... just. Beautiful. Every full retard moment has culminated in the most hilarious episode since the gorilla one. Everything made me laugh.

Also Goto and Samumenco being the best of bros was fucking awesome.

We're the Two Best Friends
That Anyone Could Have
That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have
And We'll Never ever ever ever
Leave Each other

Gintama 86-87

Held off on 86 because I wanted to do this one as a group, on top of Crunchyroll slowing down like crazy like GAF on a good day.

While Kondo sort of benefited from this, the two main focal characters, Toshi, and Sogo get more development
which pretty much explains why Sogo makes comments about killing Toshi, because he feels that Toshi took things from him, like his sister's happiness.

Sogo's sister is also revealed, and given the details of her character.... well... I knew what to expect. It's like... the smallest of details pretty much gave me insight in regards to things
like how she dumps tobasco sauce on anything she eats, similar to how Toshi dumps Mayo on his food. Practically a sign that there was something related to those two, on top of her... illness.

But....
it's like..... FEELS man. FEELS. Damn it. I mean... she could've been like a dynamic to Sogo just for shits and giggles, but.. maaaan... she had to die...

Gintoki's involvement... I don't know what to say other than I liked it. Like... furthering Sogo's relation with him. I mean, he does called Gintoki "Boss". So like... it just brings it further.

Damn man. Damn.

Space dandy - 06

That was one hell of a stupid war but i don't mind because this episode was crazy well animated.

but ...
what the hell prevented them to knock out both guys , register them and put them back on the planet ? they certainly can and it would have avoided this whole mess... even if i have to admit that the peace talk wasn't a bad move , just quite naive.

Articalys

something updated the weekly sales list with the full data:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=819

Only a couple things of note:

- Little Busters! Refrain vol.1 has broken 10k
- Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday Without God) finishes with a 531 average across 5 volumes
- Prisma Illya and Oreimo get minor increases to their averages

I really should revisit it. Enjoyed the series a lot. Even after THAT happened.

I managed to keep it together but appreciated.

Gah I know right?!
The only person that should've been able to capture Light should've been L. But instead we get his child clone that does it. It felt forced. Light never makes dumb decisions but that felt super forced to try and wrap it up. Kira should've won. It would've been cool to see a world where Light won out in the end. We kind of got that with that OVA(directors cut?) where Light just killed off everyone from the task force after he defeated L.(I am not sure if this is real but I remember there was something like this. I know I am not crazy!)

Mature

Space dandy - 06

but ...
what the hell prevented them to knock out both guys , register them and put them back on the planet ? they certainly can and it would have avoided this whole mess... even if i have to admit that the peace talk wasn't a bad move , just quite naive.
Because they're stupid.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ive actually become really good at work multitasking and horrible at free time multitasking.

This exactly. At work I can do many tasks at once, but whether I'm painting, gaming, watching anime etc. I can only handle one at a time. orz

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 17

Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
Trying to make history

But who’s to judge
The right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we’ll both agree

That violence breeds violence
But in the end it has to be this way

I can't even. I think my brain actually broke. I love this show. I think I'm going to cry.

Soul Eater 1

This is pretty cool.

I don't know why, but I kind of forgot about this show at episode 4 for some reason. Didn't click with me back then or something. I'll probably get back on it another time however. I dunno maybe after I go through the Monogatari series maybe I'll give it another shot.

Samurai Flamenco 17

Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
Trying to make history

But who’s to judge
The right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we’ll both agree

I can't even. I think my brain actually broke. I love this show. I think I'm going to cry.

This right here, is like... the moment when people watching SF have united.

Soul Eater 1

This is pretty cool.

That's what I thought at first. Then there's this long lull of nothing. Then it gets interesting again. And then it has the most BS ending ever. GAH!!!!!! I hated that ending. Not only was it BS but it was also a cop out. >:/

Gintama 88

STRATEGIC GROUP DATING! APPROPRIATE! METAPHORS! CENSORED GIANT COCKS (god why) KYUUBEI!
crushing SDBurton
Katsurap!

It's clear to me that the Strategic episodes are the ones that get me excited the most, because it's exaggerating perdicaments that we can relate with, even if this episode was pretty... understandable.

Samurai Flamenco 17

Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
Trying to make history

But who’s to judge
The right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we’ll both agree

BAD. JUSTICE.

Gintama 89

Oh god *kneeslap*

That subversion in the second half. These Bleach references (right down to the backgrounds). Damn, the goddess got treated coldly for indecent exposure.

What gold

Midonin

Wish Upon the Pleiades

Hearing that this got a TV anime made me finally check it out. So what I got from it is E.T. (envisioned as the KuruKurus from World Conquest) meets Nanatsuiro Drops with a bit of Nanoha for the weapons and general car thing. I can see how this could go to a full series - a chance to explore exactly what makes these characters tick. This really felt like more of a pilot, since it was an ad. The costumes are cute, and I like the magic system. Will watch when it goes to a TV series - though I'm not sure if it'll be a short there or not.

That's what I thought at first. Then there's this long lull of nothing. Then it gets interesting again. And then it has the most BS ending ever. GAH!!!!!! I hated that ending. Not only was it BS but it was also a cop out. >:/

Aka when it's adapted from the manga it's great, when Bones has to write an original ending it falls apart ala FMA 03

Aka when it's adapted from the manga it's great, when Bones has to write an original ending it falls apart ala FMA 03

The thing is Bones have done well with other things like Blast of Tempest so I don't know why they created something as stupid as Soul Eaters end. Show was like a 9/10 for me but after the last episode it became like a 6 or 7/10. It really brought the whole experience down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom