• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Lol, why are you guys arguing over Nisekoi? It's not as bad as Hyouka.

Unless you want the character commentaries, which seem to be absent in both sets yet again like Nisemonogatari's AoA release. I like commentaries as much as the next person, but I will probably only watch such bonuses once and the lack of this content definitely would not stop me from purchasing these great sets.

I've come to terms that's only gonna be Bakeonogatari for the west and that stuff.

Everyone shits on Nisekoi, but yet we can't stop reading/watching.
7eP6XWq.png

The easiest thing I did today!

Branduil

Imagine a world where people posted news that just interested them and there was no drama relating to the posting of it at all.

e: Also, do we really need an update for every Newtype/Nyantype scan that gets put out?

I did find that kind of tiring. I'm not sure how cheesecake art is news.

Articalys

Does anyone know if that australian release for Nise actually had commentaries included like it was implied/listed? If so hopefully the future releases keep them..
Nope.
We were unfortunately unable to have the audio commentary for Nisemonogatari as we were bound within the release that Aniplex US had put out which did not include the character commentary either.

I've come to terms that's only gonna be Bakeonogatari for the west and that stuff.

I'm pretty confident stating this, but I believe the character commentaries that AoA has released only appear in sets that mirror, or actually are, the BD-box releases in Japan. Bakemonogatari has had a BD-box in Japan while Nisemonogatari has not. AoA's Blu-ray release of Oreimo is just the Japanese BD-box, and that comes with the subtitled character commentaries.

I do not recall any other AoA releases that lacked character commentaries, or those that were not subtitled, but I would say if there is a BD-box for the series in Japan the chances of getting subtitled character commentaries is much higher.

Thoraxes

I'm pretty confident stating this, but I believe the character commentaries that AoA has released only appear in sets that mirror, or actually are, the BD-box releases in Japan. Bakemonogatari has had a BD-box in Japan while Nisemonogatari has not. AoA's Blu-ray release of Oreimo is just the Japanese BD-box, and that comes with the subtitled character commentaries.

I do not recall any other AoA releases that lacked character commentaries, or those that were not subtitled, but I would say if there is a BD-box for the series in Japan the chances of getting subtitled character commentaries is much higher.
Very interesting, and it all makes sense. It doesn't seem like Monogatari S2 is going to be something that will get a box anytime soon (still plenty of the series to go for first releases anywho), but maybe they'll do a nice big (expensive) compilation down the line when everything is said and done.

Gintama 111

Part A

..........WELL there's something for everyone I guess.

Part B

I liked this. Wasn't entirely funny or anything, but it was like... Kagura letting loose her inner... girl or something... or at least going off of what was said. Also a showing of just how well Odd Jobs understands one another.

Saki Episode of Side A 11

Well this match is still going for a long time. It's still the same thing as before besides Toki is basically sitting on death's door at this point.

Gazoinks

Gintama 47

Haha, awesome episode. From the opening sleep paralysis to the end, this episode was gold. Please tell me Our Neighbor Hedoro is reoccurring.

Very interesting, and it all makes sense. It doesn't seem like Monogatari S2 is going to be something that will get a box anytime soon (still plenty of the series to go for first releases anywho), but maybe they'll do a nice big (expensive) compilation down the line when everything is said and done.

I do not see why everyone assumes AoA is at fault. Just like when Crunchyroll does not have the latest episode of KLK available due to production delays. I would assume AoA either did not have access to the CCs, as to stay exclusive to Japanese audiences, or they were too expensive to license.

It certainly is easier to blame someone than to do the research to see who is actually the cause. This is all Arjuna's fault.

Gintama 112

ROBOT MAID TAMA IS BACK IN ACTION, and we must make her less socially awkward at Gin's demise.

Granted as a robot, she can definitely put up with him the most.

And thus Gintama was born that day.

ALSO I WAS FUCKING LIED TO! I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE KATSURA MONTH BUT THERE WAS A DELAY OF SORTS IF GIN WAS CORRECT! SO I CAN'T HAVE A PART TWO OF KATSURA MONTH! GOD DAMN IT!

Hitman Reborn attempted to be a comedy manga or something, but it sucked shit, so it became a battle shounen instead. Not sure if the animu got that far.

It doesn't even matter. From the start it looked uninteresting as shit. If I have to watch another 'slacker who didn't do shit his whole life is actually like shonen jesus' anime I'll kill myself. This pandering has to stop.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sword Art Online Episde 25:

This is one of the worst series of anything I have ever watched ever, one star, would not recommend to others.

Branduil

Sword Art Online 25

Dumb things Kirito did in this episode:

-
Ran to the hospital and almost got killed because he didn't call the cops on the insane rape guy
-
Tried to order an alcoholic drink
-
INSTALLED THE MMO PROGRAM A MASS MURDERER GAVE HIM
-
Keeps leading on his mentally ill sister even though he knows she's attracted to him and he has Asuna
-
Decided to go back into the hell where he was trapped for two years

"Smartest anime in years" -Kotaku.com

cajunator

Banned
Maken-ki Two - 04

List of references :
-Dragon quest 2
-Dragon quest 3
-Is this a zombie ?
-Those are problem children aren't they ?
-Strike witches
-Gosick
-Fate prisma illya
-Uppote

Not bad for a Comiket-like episode.
Episode was only good for fan of bondage or yuri , others might find this episode kinda dull even if it wasn't that badly animated.

This show is really fanservicey but it has nods to some good anime and cat eared characters. I kinda want to check it out.

Sword Art Online Episde 25:

This is one of the worst series of anything I have ever watched ever, one star, would not recommend to others.

That show is like the definition of appealing to the lowest common denominator

And yet I still watched it. Why Lyfa have to be so damn cute ugh.

Sword Art Online

the-rock-clapping.gif

Smartest Anime in Years? Smartest Funniest Anime in Years. This show delivered the goods in more ways than one. Without question a Top 15 favorite, possibly even Top 10 material. Bring on SAO II!

Sword Art Online 25

Dumb things Kirito did in this episode:

-
Ran to the hospital and almost got killed because he didn't call the cops on the insane rape guy
-
Tried to order an alcoholic drink
-
INSTALLED THE MMO PROGRAM A MASS MURDERER GAVE HIM
-
Keeps leading on his mentally ill sister even though he knows she's attracted to him and he has Asuna
-
Decided to go back into the hell where he was trapped for two years

"Smartest anime in years" -Kotaku.com

"I hate Cowboy Bebop."- Kotaku.com

Crocodile

Sword Art Online - FIN

SMARTEST ANIME IN YEARS

Going back and reading my and other reactions to the episodes the day after or some of the posted jokes in the moment are legit funny so I can't say I got no enjoyment from the show. But from every objective stand point except production values, character designs and music (though it was lulz worthy how they tried to instill drama into scenes too stupid to actually be dramatic) this show was AWFUL. It would have been unwatchable without ToonamiGAF. Shows like these are why we have weekly "Boy Anime sure does suck" threads in OT :(

I guess so. Ill link it. I just thought it was funny. Its actually sfw but could be misconstrued by idiots.

I'm sure it is haha, the internet has just ruined my innocent mind. I see Neo Arsmtrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong cannons everywhere

Went to start Baccano! tonight only to discover it isn't on Netflix like I thought. And now I'm sad.

Sorry I assumed it was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom