• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
wVe3utO.gif

uI9nnSKl.jpg

Reknoc

Another Monday, another new Gundam Build Fighters, another week closer to living in a world where there's no new Gundam Build Fighters

The "slapstick drama" begins with Seiya Kanie, a high school boy who is invited on a date in an amusement park by a mysterious beautiful transfer student named Isuzu Sento. He is introduced to Ratifa, a "real" princess and the park's manager, and is asked to be the acting manager of this "disappointing amusement park in the Tokyo suburbs."

Sure, the masterpiece people were waiting for it.

Branduil

The "slapstick drama" begins with Seiya Kanie, a high school boy who is invited on a date in an amusement park by a mysterious beautiful transfer student named Isuzu Sento. He is introduced to Ratifa, a "real" princess and the park's manager, and is asked to be the acting manager of this "disappointing amusement park in the Tokyo suburbs."

Well there can't be any masterpiece until Yonezawa actually writes more Hyouka. But there's at least some room between masterpiece and Beyond the Free Chuunibyou.

Thoraxes

I can see the character development and mysteries now.

Some people were hoping it would be good since it's based on comedy from Shoji Gatoh.
More people seemed to want more FMP though

Shengar

If somehow they bother to changed these two part, I might shown genuine interest.

Jarmel

Banned

Supposedly the MC is a straight up narcissistic asshole and the setting is an actual fantasy one.

You have mascots with Molotov cocktails, tazers, and baseball bats. What can go wrong?

Looking at the list of KyoAni's produced shows.

There is a bunch of Key adaptatons and all the in-house series. Hyouka is the exception of the rule and not KyoAni's standard.

Instead, they'll adapt other people's shitty LNs?!

Well, the in-house series weren't even good enough to win the own studio prize for light novels. Pretty sure, KyoAni could find better LN series somewhere.

Quasar

Looking at the list of KyoAni's produced shows.

There is a bunch of Key adaptatons and all the in-house series. Hyouka is the exception of the rule and not KyoAni's standard.

Well, the in-house series weren't even good enough to win the own studio prize for light novels. Pretty sure, KyoAni could find better LN series somewhere.

I wonder why they don't just adapt the winners. Just what sort of material is winning?

Jarmel

Banned
Let me write up a more accurate/entertaining summary of Amagi Brilliant Park, correct me if I'm wrong on anything as I'm going off 2nd hand reports, since people are getting in a tizzy over some bland publisher summary:

A narcisstic ex-child celebrity by the name of Seiya Kanie, is living a normal high school life after being run out of the idol business. He's the star of the class but seemingly has no friends due to being a dick. A beautiful transfer student arrives and drags Seiya to this park. It turns out each park is a separate fantasy kingdom with a princess, dependent on the kingdom to stay alive.

Now it's up to Seiya to manage and save the park by bringing in sales or people start dying. He must do whatever it takes; whether pandering to the lowest denominator or sabotaging the opposition, to bring in sales. Can he get this amusement park full of disgruntled employees in line?

zeroshiki

Shoji Gatoh was able to write straight comedy in Fumoffu and KyoAni was able to wrangle a 13-episode series out of it. I have full confidence in that combination.

wonzo

Banned
gbf may end one day but gunpla shall live on…

for thousands of years in the great garbage patch of the sea

Jarmel

Banned
Shojo Gatoh was able to write straight comedy in Fumoffu and KyoAni was able to wrangle a 13-episode series out of it. I have full confidence in that combination.

It should be interesting to see whether they can do slapstick again as they haven't done one in a long time. I'm curious as to how the artistic style is going to look, such as closer to Fumoffu or Hyouka.

zeroshiki

Its important(interesting?) to note that Amagi Brilliant Park also got a manga version announced last Friday and considering the novel is only upto vol.3 (with declining but still pretty good sales) it really reeks of a big multimedia push by Kadokawa that was planned from the start.

Jarmel

Banned
Its important(interesting?) to note that Amagi Brilliant Park also got a manga version announced last Friday and considering the novel is only upto vol.3 (with declining but still pretty good sales) it really reeks of a big multimedia push by Kadokawa that was planned from the start.

Is there any info about the manga other than the fact that it exists? Like an initial publishing date?

So even if it's good they'll never make all of it into an anime then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom