• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 239

8xqq4mF.png

5lTYD6X.png
Why is Tsukyo so best?

CorvoSol

Higurashi 22

Oh shit, folks it's RENA TIME. And we are full on into some scary stuff this time, lemme tell you. This arc is gonna be a BLOODBATH.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 6

ib2HuVxmN2jkku.png

ilVklTzAy0Uds.png

So yeah, Benio is weird. Funny, but weird.

The Valentine antics were a bit cliche, but they kind of pointed that out about 2/3s of the way through the episode in an excellent case of lampshading. And I think every kid has experienced Mashiro's torment this episode.

And with that, I'm caught up! Yatta!

Wait, that means I have to wait a week between episodes now.

iboVKnNxzwY7k0.png

Branduil

Non Non Biyori 4

iAjq80RqPRPNL.jpg
iGejq8jZznlc9.jpg

i6uWzrcVk9dJT.jpg
iAF6N14FaS72e.jpg

Lots of great background art in this episode.

Renge is pretty awesome. If you squint your eyes you can almost pretend you're watching Yotsuba's less-hyperactive cousin. Basically, at this point, Hotaru is the only truly boring character. Hopefully the show keeps focusing on the siblings and Renge instead.

I have to admit I didn't expect this episode to hit me as hard emotionally as it did. It's a sign of good storytelling when you don't even realize how emotionally invested you are in the characters until something happens to disturb them. I just thought it was a cute little story of childhood friendship, but then that scene happened... it was true :firehawk :( Perfect direction during that scene too, with the too-long-to-bear closeup on Renge and her delayed reaction. It's a situation everyone can relate to as well, although maybe it hit especially close to home for me since
I was often moving when I was younger. I hadn't been reminded about the powerlessness of being a kid in a while.

This episode was also storyboarded by series director Shinya Kawamo, and he definitely has a knack for this sort of thing. I don't know, I don't want to oversell it, but based on the first four episodes, if you only ever watch one episode of Non Non Biyori, it should be this one.

Also,

Jintor

Renge is perfection. The near perma deadpan expression with the more traditional kid-like curiousity and knack for cutting remarks is amazing.

I think I laughed harder at some of the comments than I did at the actual video.

This reminds me, I still need to watch Evangelion. Oh well, onto my list it goes!

enjoy the worst main character in anime history lol
also what in the name of god 0.o plastic neesan is giving me a fooly cooly feel with its insane randomness

Chuunibyou Ren 6
Congratulations! You made progress in a relationship that was at least started 1/2 year ago. Maybe you'll have sex before you die.

enjoy the worst main character in anime history lol
also what in the name of god 0.o plastic neesan is giving me a fooly cooly feel with its insane randomness

I'll probably get around to it sometime after I finish GaoGaiGar, to which then I'll tackle the Monogatari series.

Then I'll probably attempt Eva.

Gintama 131

This entire trip was practically planned out by an enemy Stand! (how appropriate considering what's coming in Spring).

Definitely not your average hot springs episode... and it's not over yet!

Hattori

Banned
Rozen Maiden - Finished

- this show is wonderfully animated. I absolutely love the artstyle and the painterly backgrounds that were implemented.

- the main story with the fantasy elements didn't really grab me, I was more drawn towards the slice of life elements of the show i.e. Jun's daily life.

- Overall, the show is better than I expected. I wouldn't vote this for AOTY but its definitely a must watch if you've got the time.

sonicmj1

I don't even know if I'll watch them.

And you know...given the Madoka film wasn't votable last year I would have thought that would get plenty of votes.

Won't Wind Rises split the Ghibli vote?

Kaguyahime is so self-evidently superior that it won't matter.

Everyone is going to disappoint me.

Are we going to continue the split movie/series vote?

Noragami 07

Another good episode. Really looking forward to seeing where this Yato and Yukine relationship ends up going especially since not much progress is being made on it.

Articalys

Ugh, now I feel bad about not doing the vote split for 2011 and 2012. If I could go back and change one thing... well, there's actually a lot of other stuff I'd change before that, but now it's also on the list.

Dresden

My guess is that Yukine stops being a punk in two episodes so they can enter the final arc involving the dude you see with Nora near the end.

zeroshiki

Kaguyahime is so self-evidently superior that it won't matter.

Everyone is going to disappoint me.

Are we going to continue the split movie/series vote?

At least its not a choice between greatness and shit as the recent campaigns to take down SAO and AoT have been. Wind Rises is a great movie and will deserve to be called best movie of the year any year that its not in direct competition with Princess Kaguya.

Dragon Ball Kai - Boo Arc starts airing in Japan on April 9, taking over Toriko's timeslot.

Just saw this news, I'm actually pretty excited. I liked the Buu arc even though a lot of people said it was the worse. I wonder if Nicktoons will show it when it ultimately gets dubbed? If I remember correctly, Kai was a pretty big hit on Nicktoons so I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 4

Well, things are becoming increasingly more disturbing. Certain things are becoming much more clear, but there are still a lot of questions remaining. The increasingly complex non-linear editing doesn't help, nor does the fact that I'm not very good at remembering the names of all the characters they keep mentioning.

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 4

Well, things are becoming increasingly more disturbing. Certain things are becoming much more clear, but there are still a lot of questions remaining. The increasingly complex non-linear editing doesn't help, nor does the fact that I'm not very good at remembering the names of all the characters they keep mentioning.

Make notes. No, really, you'll need them.

Shueisha's push for Toriko is ovaaaaaaa.

It's probably just on hold. The anime is ridiculously close to the manga. They might as well just finish up the Human World arc, then take a break so they won't run out of material a month later. They may even come back as "Toriko: Gourmet World" or something.

Branduil

The varied reactions to each Space Dandy really are interesting. I can't remember the last anime to provoke such different reactions from episode to episode, but then I can't remember the last anime series to be so philosophically committed to embracing the idea of being "episodic."

The varied reactions to each Space Dandy really are interesting. I can't remember the last anime to provoke such different reactions from episode to episode, but then I can't remember the last anime series to be so philosophically committed to embracing the idea of being "episodic."

This really is straight up episodic. Usually at one point they'd do an arc for 2-3 episodes, but I don't know if this will be the case with this anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom