• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 03

GCoiHQ4.jpg

No love for the Precure. Yeah, sure...

Pretty fun episode overall. Not much else to note since the season is still setting itself up.

Wizad Barristers 6
The downsides of being a protagonist. Natsuna is kind of annoying with her constantly getting on her case when she isn't doing anything herself. Why does the agency keep putting her on crazy cases if they don't want to be fined. 3 of the 4 cases basically required use of magic.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks guys, I'll get to it as soon as this season is over.

Google search tells me there's some nice plot in there.

There is but youll like the show on its own though.

Happiness Charge Precure: 03

No love for the Precure. Yeah, sure...

Pretty fun episode overall. Not much else to note since the season is still setting itself up.

Its still way easy to tell if this series is good or not but seems good so far.

Defuser

Nisekoi ep 6
Jebus, we already finish half a cour and Tsugumi and Marika haven't made an appearance although next week episode might change that but damn SHAFT is taking a slowass pace with this series.

Witch Craft Works 7
Well this episode was ridiculously hilarious. Surprised the plot didn't move much forward. And that power from just cleaning his ears. Scary to think what would happen if they went closer

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi ep 6
Jebus, we already finish half a cour and Tsugumi and Marika haven't made an appearance although next week episode might change that but damn SHAFT is taking a slowass pace with this series.

It's called "following the manga". Which may admittedly be surprising since Nisekoi is one of those properties where it would be incredibly easy to play fast and loose with the source material, but Shaft are sticking super close and it's working pretty well so far, so I'm not complaining.

That said, it's true that Marika in particular is going to get barely any screentime if they keep up this pacing and the series only lasts one cour. I don't think we have any confirmation of how long the series is going to be yet(?), but I'm starting to think it's going to be two cours at least, or else they would have shifted the material around to get those characters introduced sooner.

It's called "following the manga". Which may admittedly be surprising since Nisekoi is one of those properties where it would be incredibly easy to play fast and loose with the source material, but Shaft are sticking super close and it's working pretty well so far, so I'm not complaining.

That said, it's true that Marika in particular is going to get barely any screentime if they keep up this pacing and the series only lasts one cour. I don't think we have any confirmation of how long the series is going to be yet(?), but I'm starting to think it's going to be two cours at least, or else they would have shifted the material around to get those characters introduced sooner.

Pretty sure we got a confirmation that the show is going to be at least 2 cour. Wasn't it during last thread.

Go Go 575 3-4
A cute prologue to the game. I like Yusano and her Yuri fantasies

Articalys

Speaking of Haganai, Funimation's disc solicitations for this May include Haganai S2, along with a S.A.V.E. release for Shiki, and a few other things, most of them already known.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?28888
Aquarion EVOL, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 325 minutes - $64.98 - 5/27/14
Dragon Ball Z: Season 4 Collection (Blu-ray) - $44.98 - 5/13/14
Fairy Tail, Part 10 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $54.98 - 5/20/14
Haganai NEXT (Season 2): Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $64.98 - 5/13/14
Haganai NEXT (Season 2): Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - $69.98 - 5/13/14
Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics) - 325 minutes - $39.98 - 5/20/14
Shiki: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 600 minutes - $34.98 - 5/20/14

GaoGaiGar - 33

So Pizza's new name is J? That's not exactly a better name than Pizza, but hey, I'll roll with it.

Good lord, the Primevals aren't screwing around. They're literally going to make it so that the sun will incinerate everything on Earth.

I'm just going to assume that the motives of the Primevals are the same as the motives that the aliens had in Gunbuster, as they see humanity as nothing more than bacteria.

Defuser

Pretty sure we got a confirmation that the show is going to be at least 2 cour. Wasn't it during last thread.
Yeah, I went to double check and Nisekoi is 2 cours which I don't have problem with the pacing then. I was under a assumption it was 1 cour which I was why I wondering why the pacing was slow.

Oh, right, forgot to ask, is Haganai heavily censored? Should I look for the blu-ray?
If you are a sick pedo and like to see 10 year old tits then its the Blu ray.

Gbraga

If you are a sick pedo and like to see 10 year old tits then its the Blu ray.

But how's the censoring handled? I don't mind censoring with things like a character's head covering someone's ass, so I don't look for the blu-ray in those cases unless I really want the better quality, but censoring like ImoCho really takes me away from it. It'd be better if they actually changed the chastity belt than putting that awful lock in front of it.

Defuser

But how's the censoring handled? I don't mind censoring with things like a character's head covering someone's ass, so I don't look for the blu-ray in those cases unless I really want the better quality, but censoring like ImoCho really takes me away from it. It'd be better if they actually changed the chastity belt than putting that awful lock in front of it.

If I reluctantly recall it was either white/black beams of light.

Midonin

SoniAni 07

This show is turning out to be something I look forward to every week. This week's had a minimal amount of dialogue, and felt more like a travelogue for Japan, but the simple story it told and the visuals it told it with, plus the mesmerizing amount of silence, is something I can appreciate from a filmmaking perspective (lack of actual film aside).

Next week: Ena makes a cameo! My wish comes true! The world of Axanael briefly crosses over into the world of anime. I don't want to get greedy and ask for Sakura or Noko next, but even Ena is enough to satisfy me.

I have Usagi Drop on my queue but am currently watching Listen to Me Girls, I'm Your Father! How comparable are the two? Father certainly has some feels, but is Usagi a bit more serious/melancholy?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I have Usagi Drop on my queue but am currently watching Listen to Me Girls, I'm Your Father! How comparable are the two? Father certainly has some feels, but is Usagi a bit more serious/melancholy?

Usagi drop is actually a good show, unlike that other drek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom