• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
The varied reactions to each Space Dandy really are interesting. I can't remember the last anime to provoke such different reactions from episode to episode, but then I can't remember the last anime series to be so philosophically committed to embracing the idea of being "episodic."
you mean, ~filler~

GinGin's Bizarre Adventure 133-134

Well that was awesome. And fitting for Spring. Despite there being snow. It was in fact the works of an Enemy Stand, and I still think it's hilarious that they just flat out adopted the term "Stand" to describe the ghosts.

Oh gawd, Gin/Sugita singing, fucking glorious. Surprised he was capable of dealing with enemy stands with such singing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
RlDtIl7l.jpg

Welp, RIP Akane x Brian.

I need a forest map ASAP.
Tree-run!

RlDtIl7l.jpg

Welp, RIP Akane x Brian.

I like how Blue is projecting the fuck onto them

Gintama 135

"Gintaman is filled with violent women" That not-subtle commentary.

Still a bit baffled at how makeshift breasts make it on air without getting the censor hammer... Space Dandy 7 also avoid this.

EDIT: Didn't mention this during the Stand arc, but the subs changed during that, and it got even worse for this episode. Like.... it reminds me of when I started.

Although I don't remember if there has been any Translator Notes lately (because I'm tired)

Articalys

Well damn. Just noticed that Crunchyroll bumped today's episode of Pilot's Love Song later by thirteen hours for no apparent reason.

cnet128

Banned
Higurashi 22

Oh shit, folks it's RENA TIME. And we are full on into some scary stuff this time, lemme tell you. This arc is gonna be a BLOODBATH.

Is it even possible to be more of a bloodbath than the arc you just watched?

Anyway, needs more commenting on the best damn water-pistol fight ever =p And the glorious return of Houjou Teppei, the Most Awful Human Being Who Ever Lived!

Fresh Precure! 44

Oh dear, are the Cures ever going to be able to enter a dance contest without it getting gatecrashed by a Nakiwameke? At least Labyrinth were reasonable enough to wait until the first round was over this time.

Also,
NOOOOOOO CHIFFON!
Most heartbreakingest moment:
Chiffon fighting against her Infinity side for the first time and calling out to Love as the Labyrinth assholes dragged her away

Also also, ohshit at that inadvertent
confession from Daisuke
>.> I'm kind of really hoping
he actually finds out the Cures' identities now, because it's really not fair on him otherwise -.-

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Burn Up Excess Episode 4:

Well then, this puts the Osaka episode of Kill la Kill into perspective with the stereotyping..

wonzo

Banned
Zvezda 6

sekaiseifuku6.jpg

I'm still pretty impressed with how consistently weird this show is six episodes in though I've got the feeling that's gonna change somewhat with the next episode. Hope I'm wrong though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 19:

This is certainly the upside to a tournament arc, now that we are getting to the really important battles the fights have really been stepped up many notches. Indeed the storyline are starting to really convalesce as Chairman Vince Mashita's stooge Baker Patterson seeks to make an an arrangement with The NilRock in order to finally be rid of Stone Cold Reiji and Dude Sei. Honestly the backstory kind ran long and didn't go anywhere as the rationale changed to, well, Nils lacking in the heart of the cards. Also, not really pleased to see Miss Caroline back randomly recast as Nils love interest. I'll be honest, romance is still the weak link here. As far as the battle itself I am most impressed with the sheer variety displayed as guns and missiles are cast aside in favor of good old fashion fists and chi strikes and it was good. Yes, the matches have been aces in spite of their predicable results. Also, next episode finally looks to move Alia's story forward, which is good, because I am beyond tired of dead eyed moping.

Theonik

Record of Lodoss War 04
iO0pS0AzGgGU1.png
i9znwtmhJTWen.png
iOxDmJKgt9pe3.png
i4ccEteWblmow.png

It pains me to see such waifu wasted on that chump Parn.
And so we learn a bit more about Ghim's personal quest and get some more HDeedlit action. Sufficed to say she still gets the best frames/cuts dedicated to her. All is good in this world. Also I really love the music in this show.
Art was still pretty static this time round but there was less action to highlight that fact. Quite a bit of :wonzo too, but I reckon a lot of it wasn't intended to be seen in such clarity.

cajunator

Banned
Record of Lodoss War 04

And so we learn a bit more about Ghim's personal quest and get some more HDeedlit action. Sufficed to say she still gets the best frames/cuts dedicated to her. All is good in this world. Also I really love the music in this show.
Art was still pretty static this time round but there was less action to highlight that fact. Quite a bit of :wonzo too, but I reckon a lot of it wasn't intended to be seen in such clarity.

Deedlit was always the best. Pirotess was too much of a slut.

phaze

Ghost in the Shell: Arise 01&02

I swear either I'm obtuse or most of GitS franchise has a shitty way of resolving and explaining its intrigues. Even after rewatching the ending of Ghost Pain a few times I'm still not sure who
exactly killed Colonel Mamuro. The completely vague barely touched upon military industrial complex ?
Not a major fan of Kusanagi's face redesign here but I find her new fashion style much superior to SAC's.

Full Metal Alchemist 01&02

My great 9 month long catching up on anime quest seems to drawing to a close. Can't think of many other relatively mainstream series to see.

Not much to say other than that I'm already liking Edward and Alphonse. That ominous lady looks like a good villain too. I think I saw the series mentioned in that best animated fights thread so I'm expecting good things.

Can anybody tell me if the FMA movies are an obligatory watch or am I good with just FMA and then Brotherhood ?

Gbraga

AnimeGAF, help me out here:

Bgq-UfgCIAEm4dG.jpg

What is this

EDIT: Forgot to say how freaking awesome Sakura Trick was, I'm almost 100% on the coreography.

Jintor

Kill la kill 18

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

My jaw dropped at least four times this episode. So much fucking crazy shit. God damn!

Gbraga

Googling Haganai I absolutely agree with you. Will do.

Should I start at episode 0?

Kill la kill 18

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

My jaw dropped at least four times this episode. So much fucking crazy shit. God damn!

It was really fucking good, I need to rewatch it before the next one arrives.

RULES OF NATURE

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What do you get if you cross a zebra with a horse?
The general name given to zebra crossbred offspring is a zebroid. For a zebra and horse specifically it is either zorse, zebrula, zebrule, or zebra mule if zebra is male and horbra, hebra, zebrinny or zebret if the zebra is female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom