• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda 05

I am not surprised that the monster of the week was a tentacle monster.

I am surprised our hero was starting to enjoy himself.

Theonik

Cuteness +10
ibouc2HMoWjVUI.png

Articalys

Super Sonico ep.7

Okay, who the hell slipped an great iyashikei episode in the middle of my slice-of-life comedy series about a mascot character? Because I want to give them a round of applause.

Seriously -- I mean, it wasn't close to SatoJun level stuff or anything, but it was still pretty good IMO. If you liked Tamayura or Non Non Biyori, I'd highly recommend you at least watch this episode even if you don't care about the series.

Gintama 140 Yoshiwara in Flames Arc

That overall exchange with Tsukyo was gold. Sheer gold.

But god damn, the rabbit hole for this arc is going real deep considering who is really involved.
The Yato clan is ruling this shit. This isn't going to end well.

Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda 06

I was actually expecting an actual treasure hunt. :<

I guess it's interesting the other team is doing something I guess.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 45

Holy crap.
I know I said last episode that I hoped Daisuke would find out about the Cures' identities, but I wasn't really expecting it to happen, let alone for them to come out and tell all their families and everyone on top of that. No Cures have ever done anything like this before - and I think the Fresh girls are the first Cures who have been specifically told that they have to keep their identities a secret, too! These Cures are pretty awesome. They don't mess about when it comes to doing the right thing.

At any rate, shit could not get endgamier at this point.
All worlds are being conquered by Labyrinth as we speak, the Sweets Kingdom has already fallen, the Cures have said goodbye to everyone they care about and set off to face Labyrinth on their home ground
- and there are still a whole five episodes left!

I am loving this.

cajunator

Banned
Sakura Trick: 4 - 6

Magical Lesbian Spawn is the bestest thing ever.

It makes no sense yet it makes PERFECT SENSE :D

Where can I buy this? I give up

Haganai? What country are you from? You can buy it lots of places.

Haibane Renmei 6

Ahh, looks like they've finally finished fueling up the Feel Train.
There are few things as foreboding with angelic creatures as a dimming halo.

I suppose Kuu passed on/away because she learned the lesson that
you do not need to imitate mature people to become mature yourself.

They said that
The Day of Flight
hasn't happened in years because there haven't been new cocoons in forever. I'm sceptical whether there is any sort of strict quota for that, because it seems that Rakka simply nudged things along just enough.

A few interesting things are about to come to light. In some cases literally.
Theres feels comin. And revelations. But also new questions.

The Devil is a Part-Timer! 8

Chiho has the best reactions.

I must say, 8 episodes in and I've never encountered a dull moment. I guess this classifies it as a great show in my book, barring a sudden downturn in the last few episodes.

She does. thats why shes best girl.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 04-06

I knew it!
Looks like Momoyon is a top tier time witch. I have so many ideas of her putting that to use so she could have some quality time with Cecil it's not even funny.

Great to see Tsunomi get some character development in her too, because up until now she's been pretty meh.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Gundam Build Fighters 19

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, done now. But seriously I am shocked that they actually topped the Meijin battle. Great Gundam series or GREATEST Gundam series?

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 1

I always thought the one character that speaks in Kansai dialect was interesting in other shows, and here the entire cast in this show (except Uka) speaks in the dialect. I'm most interested in the dialogue because of that. Since I have an intermediate understanding of Japanese and used to live around Yokohama, it sounds like everyone is speaking strangely to me and I keep paying attention to it. None of this comes across in the translation, unfortunately, and it's a shame, but it also makes me appreciate having studied Japanese.

Oh, and I like the main character a lot. The clean visuals and character designs are very appealing as well. Will definitely keep watching.

Jintor

Tonari no Seki-kun 2

Glad every episode isn't going to end up with cutie-chan being caught by the teacher

Teekyu 02

Omg the rapid fire comedy, so good, fantastic morning pick-me-up

GaoGaiGar - 35

Two new Chinese autobots have been added to the team, and they've been programmed into assholes. Avoiding civilian casualties is the 14th priority? What the hell are priorities 2-13?!?

Man, it really sucks to be Mamoru in this situation :(. Before he was like, the key to solving the problem with the Zonders. I don't know how he's going to be useful to 3G now that Kaidou's going to be the one doing the purifying. But even so, it's nice to see Volfogg still treating him as an important member despite this setback.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 1: The Boy's Secret

Interesting to see Doremi, Hadzuki and Aiko as high schoolers for their disguise this time (instead of hamsters which they seem to do all the time now) so they can persuade the boys from doing all the way to Mt.Fuji on their bikes. In the end
it's best to have a fun trip that ends early although in a meaningful way than a miserable trip that gets you where you want to be and the journey feels hollow.

Also I don't need to mention how catchy this OP is to listen to. The ED is also my favourite one so far, it might be the different looking artstyle it's got going on. In the end it's nice to see Doremi and Pop holding hands and running towards the horizon.

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 41

Inori had better practice her OHOHOHO because she is gonna be rich.

I'm more or less resigned to the red-tailed hawk's cry being used for sundry eagles and falcons, but vultures are crossing a line.

Vecks

Gundam Build Fighters 19

A really great episode. The way it played out was rather predictable but I found the dialogue still interesting enough. But the visuals especially in that battle were just gorgeous. I have admit though that I'm kind of getting tired of the soundtrack.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 47

The power of delicious doughnuts prevails in the face of despair! And, uh, the force of
broadcasting live footage of the Precure, symbols of hope, on massive screens throughout your oppressed world. Because that's a good idea. I bet Wester (RIP ;_;) was somehow responsible for that judgement call.

Also, a little thing that has been bugging me for a while…

Heart, Spade, Diamond…Heart?! What do you girls have against clubs?! >.> THAT'S NOT HOW YOU FOLLOW A THEME, DAMMIT

Yawnier

Banned
Just finished watching White Album 2.

FEELS man, feels. The last few episodes almost had me in tears, like no anime ever has done that to me aside from Grave of the Fireflies. Wtf.

Theonik

A single GIF uploaded in this thread tends to take more bandwidth than the maximum screens I'd upload on a post and no-one ever complains about those.

wonzo

Banned
A single GIF uploaded in this thread tends to take more bandwidth than the maximum screens I'd upload on a post and no-one ever complains about those.
People wouldn't complain if you did the sane thing and just upload your screens as JPGs.

Narag

shit quality of the 8.5MB one is something i'm complaining about. go big or go home!

(unless dithering is a plavsky particle effect!!)

Theonik

People wouldn't complain if you did the sane thing and just upload your screens as JPGs.
I fail to see the point. If embedding GIFs is allowed up to a certain size, why are smaller PNGs an issue. Moreover, the JPGs would look abysmal.

shit quality of the 8.5MB one is something i'm complaining about. go big or go home!

(unless dithering is a plavsky particle effect!!)
It clearly has to be.

duckroll

Okay, I'm going to say it again. If all you want to post is a bunch of huge embedded images, don't do it. This is not an image spam thread. I don't want it to be one, and people on mobile want to be able to read the thread without it shitting up. If you don't like it, I really don't give a fuck. Post words, not 10meg worth of images.

Gazoinks

Just finished watching White Album 2.

FEELS man, feels. The last few episodes almost had me in tears, like no anime ever has done that to me aside from Grave of the Fireflies. Wtf.

Ah the last episode of White Album 2. Oh the memories

Ah
haha

ha

>.>

Branduil

The thing about anime screenshots is they already have codec compression applied to them so it's not like they're unsullied video game .bmps anyway.

wonzo

Banned
I fail to see the point. If embedding GIFs is allowed up to a certain size, why are smaller PNGs an issue.

The difference is it's much easier to significantly reduce the filesize with an image with minimal loss of quality compared to an animated gif. I agree though that people really should just link massive gifs instead.

Moreover, the JPGs would look abysmal.
Compare and Contrast

The later is saved at the maximum JPG quality Photoshop allows (which is overkill) and is less than half the originals filesize with no considerable loss in quality.

Branduil

Obviously the solution is a separate anime png/gif thread.

At least until that causes the google overlords to nuke GAF from orbit.

Gintama 141-146 Yoshiwara in Flames Arc

8 episodes for this arc. God damn. Along with a display of Insane Kagura
I mean she was practically like some sort of madness crazed monster for a bit
, and the will to never give up.

Tsukyo certainly knows how to adapt to situations immediately, and that's pretty cool.
Was expecting Kamui to play more of a fighting role, but he's not the one pulling the strings here, so whatever.

All this shit pretty much gave us a "we gotta train harder" due to the shit that went down overall. The moral of the story is: The Red Light District is really dangerous, and... be a dog.

Man... 8 episode arcs for this show is rather... overwhelming when I think about it.

I guess "Best Girl" will make more appearances later on, because this is Gintama, wonder how she'll be used given her occupation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom