• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The vocal insistence of Theonik on using large PNGs despite lack of advantages in result and a clear detriment to other people betrays a self-centeredness on par with certain people's absolutist attitudes towards spoiler tags.

Urusei Yatsura - 37

eaBnpgw.jpg

My eyes! Don't do this with fanservice, please Rumiko.
This episode is the reason Conan never grows older.

Theonik

The difference is it's much easier to significantly reduce the filesize with an image with minimal loss of quality compared to an animated gif. I agree though that people really should just link massive gifs instead.

Compare and Contrast

The later is saved at the maximum JPG quality Photoshop allows (which is overkill) and is less than half the originals filesize with no considerable loss in quality.
As far as the problem you are describing is concerned the difference you are talking about is of no relevance whatsoever.
Moreover, 1MB per screen would still be substantial, anything less than 95% on JPG will then look abysmal.
At any rate I am not interested in this argument whatsoever...

Jarmel

Banned
Since SAO?

I would rather take SAO over the flood of tumblr gifs everywhere with people trying to get scenes that are way too long under that stupid size restriction. I prefer a 20mb gif that was well done than some crappy gif that skipped a tons of frames and looked choppy.

Yawnier

Banned
Ah the last episode of White Album 2. Oh the memories

Ah
haha

ha

>.>

Seriously, I went into WA2 with not very high expectations at all, but what a great 13 episode series it was.
One of the later episodes (episode 10?) had one of the best instances in my recent memory of any anime series of handling flashbacks with Kazusa and Haruki too, it really developed those two characters in particular and their back-stories in how they met each other very well IMO. I couldn't help but feel sorry for all of the main characters in the love triangle in the end, and all of their glaring and awkward flaws that they all had. It was hard to take a side to cheer and root for in this series because of that.

And yes that final episode, lol. I really hope the VN for concluding chapter is adapted to a series. Maybe, someday.

Also, time for some eye bleach :lol.

Toriko Episode 142 - The Greatest Enemy in HIstory! "Joei" Appears
tumblr_n15s8hXe0d1t0ax0oo1_500.png

Its kind of baffling to think of what is going on at Toei as this episode was perhaps one of the worst around. Last episode they werent afraid to show blood and such everywhere, but then this episode, they got rid of it, even in the scenes that had it and worst left characters essentially pristine. Even worst if one compares it with the manga it was like they were truly afraid of animated the conclusion of the Starjun v Toriko fight and went with a filler end
Not to mention in the manga he was supposed to have an arm and leg blown off and holes in the characters, here they just stood up perfectly normal shook hands essentially and left

But otherwise great episode once Joie arrived to get us back on track. He has great voice and really felt like a truly fearsome presence. I hope he sticks around, may be my favorite antagonist since Starjun. And those Dark Arts even, quite cool.

Branduil

I would rather take SAO over the flood of tumblr gifs everywhere with people trying to get scenes that are way too long under that stupid size restriction. I prefer a 20mb gif that was well done than some crappy gif that skipped a tons of frames and looked choppy.

But my idolmaster gif is a work of art :(

iRhtVo7lvBb9n.gif

wonzo

Banned
As far as the problem you are describing is concerned the difference you are talking about is of no relevance whatsoever.
Moreover, 1MB per screen would still be substantial, anything less than 95% on JPG will then look abysmal.
More than 50% is still a massive difference and would easily be less than 1/4 if you used something like 80% as seen here which still looks nigh indistinguishable from the 2MB original.

e: and this also ignoring the massive savings if you simply resized the images you were gonna post anyway ヽ(´ー`)ノ

cajunator

Banned
look at all those 2mb+ lodoss screens ._.

beautiful arent they?

Okay, I'm going to say it again. If all you want to post is a bunch of huge embedded images, don't do it. This is not an image spam thread. I don't want it to be one, and people on mobile want to be able to read the thread without it shitting up. If you don't like it, I really don't give a fuck. Post words, not 10meg worth of images.

Honestly I use mobile a lot (on it now actually) and its not bad. The main thing is huge gifs. Big pics load fine.

NeonZ

1392501188-0192-001.gif

Sagittarius just "evolved" in Saint Seiya Omega. Goodbye, Umakoshi design...

Its kind of baffling to think of what is going on at Toei as this episode was perhaps one of the worst around.

What's going on is that they're dropping Toriko and clearly aren't putting any real effort at this point. And, considering how standard weekly Toei animation already is problematic, this is obviously even worse.

Sekai Seifuku 5
Tentacles are extremely sensual. Also, you got to feel sorry for Jimon, always getting chased after or hurt.
So that was another mask. lol at the scene after. Falling in love with the bad guy because he was nice

Vecks

Yowapedal 19

The training camp is finally over! I thought they had been doing it on vacation time, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 48

Upgraded forms for the Cures? With wings?! Powered by the hearts of an audience cheering them on?! What is this, a movie?! (Actually I wouldn't be surprised if these forms did debut in the movie…I guess I'll find out soon enough when I watch it after I'm done with the series.)

Anyway, FUCKYEAH at Wester and Souler returning from the dead. No goddamn explanation given, and I don't even care! They look so badass in their shiny new white-themed outfits as warriors of justice, doing their best Splash Star impression with bro-powered shielding antics. Bahahahahah!

And of course FUCKYEAH at all the citizens of Labyrinth coming together to cheer on the Cures and say a big "fuck you" to Möbius and Klein and Northa. (Incidentally, I only just realised that Möbius and Klein are named after the Möbius strip and the Klein bottle respectively. Practically slapped myself in the face when I finally got that one…)

And naturally FUCKYEAH at the Cures' upgraded forms themselves. "Cure Angel"? That's kind of breaking the fruit theme, but hey, whatever! I'm vaguely amused that they now have a five-leaved clover as their symbol, because I guess four-leaved clovers just aren't rare enough! I guess it fits with them surpassing the legend and becoming a "miracle"!

Oh, also, I was going to make a joke about how Northa's "true form" face (er, her "true form" when she went all Sorewatase on their asses, not her even truer ultimate form after fusing with Klein) looked exactly like a Zakenna, but then I did an image search for Zakenna (well, ザケンナー) to make the comparison, and one of the top eight results was a picture of Northa. So I figure that joke wouldn't exactly be brimming with originality XD

cajunator

Banned
With the combined forces of the world's #1 cosmonaut enthusiast and AnimeGAF's largest consumer of cute at my back, I feel empowered with the strength of a thousand armies. Team Onodera will crush all opposition, for it is the one true team.

Hell yeah son.

GaoGaiGar - 36

Yeah the two Chinese taking an entire episode to do the fusion dance was kinda expected. Is the formula now going to be the J robot being the main deus ex machina now? Well, at least there's not too much left of the show now. I give this show about...5 more episodes before shit gets real again.

Vecks

D-Frag! 7

Such an intense tournament. Didn't expect Kazama to turn the tables at his final match. I'm surprised Roka survived the semi's. Takao would have won that fight though if they went head on. Even Kazama was knocked out in one blow last ep.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Best girl. Best team. Probably gonna lose but who cares?

The best girl always loses sadly. Damn this genre and their cookie cutter shenanigans.

With the combined forces of the world's #1 cosmonaut enthusiast and AnimeGAF's largest consumer of cute at my back, I feel empowered with the strength of a thousand armies. Team Onodera will crush all opposition, for it is the one true team.

One true team! One true team! *chants*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom