• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
D-Frag! 7

Such an intense tournament. Didn't expect Kazama to turn the tables at his final match. I'm surprised Roka survived the semi's. Takao would have won that fight though if they went head on. Even Kazama was knocked out in one blow last ep.

Takao is pretty OP, Roka had to cheat to win

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How can you say you love him if you won't even conduct behavioural psych experiments on him?

Midonin

Soul Eater 35-39

My journey into story parts unknown continued. Mostly the battle at Lost Island and the fallout that ensued. The Soul Resonance piano playing was pretty neat, and just about everybody's getting their stories moved forward. The three faction nature of the war and all the fakeouts going on isn't too confusing, either. Uncle Bob sounds like the kind of character who'd show up for a one-off gag late in the series.

What is it with anime and guys named Bob, anyway?

GaoGaiGar - 37

Ok, forget what I said on the last episode. It took only 1 episode for shit to get real again.

When your opponent opens up a portal in space and rains asteroids down on your planet, that is definetly a clear sign that they are not shitting around and they want you and your entire race DEAD.

Uh-oh, Guy had a heartwarming heart-to-heart moment with Mikoto. I've seen enough anime to know how most of these end up. If this ends up with how I think it's gonna end up, so help me desks are gonna flip.

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 2-5

That cliffhanger ending of 5! Really enjoying this series. The OP is one of the better ones from this season as well.

Gundam Build Fighters - 19

He called his gunpla
Sengoku but he uses chinese arts !
Dat line Meijin , dat line.

Well this was an hot blooded episode , perfectly animated , perfectly intense ... 200% fun

1392648440479.jpg

Cute samurai -boy getting pushed around consoled by his mistress.
Is this another couple ?
Gundam build fighter is quite prolific in that area.

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar - 36

Yeah the two Chinese taking an entire episode to do the fusion dance was kinda expected. Is the formula now going to be the J robot being the main deus ex machina now? Well, at least there's not too much left of the show now. I give this show about...5 more episodes before shit gets real again.

Sometimes you just have to accept the repetitive nature of GGG and patiently wait for crazy shit to happen again.

Buddy Complex 7

Good episode, but it's starting to bother me how laid back the commander/captain of the ship is. He's always like "pffffffft whatever bra I could be sleeping right now. S'cool yo!"

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 2

iblviF1eFLmF7q.jpg

This show is ridiculously cute, I hope I can survive it.

*In order to accommodate the growing concerns of bandwidth in this thread, I shall henceforth save my images as jpegs. Hopefully this does not detract from the quality too much, as I try to keep my images small.

Whoa, they're actually doing this? Well that came out of nowhere.

It's been known for awhile that they were going to do the Buu Arc. What was unclear was if it was actually going to air in Japan initially, or if it was being produced solely for the overseas markets (which is really the reason this is even being made).

Kai did much better in the US than in Japan (its ratings in Japan were great, but it failed to move any real merchandise, which was what the production committee wanted from it).

CorvoSol

Usagi Drop 2

iblviF1eFLmF7q.jpg

*In order to accommodate the growing concerns of bandwidth in this thread, I shall henceforth save my images as jpegs. Hopefully this does not detract from the quality too much, as I try to keep my images small.

Man I love this show.

Gundam Build Fighters 19

Nils: Dude we're just playing a game with toys.
Sei: OH FUCK YOU RIGHT IN YOUR SKULL DUDE I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU.

Also, I kinda think Kirara is okay when she's not being an Idol.

Just chalk it up to Lum not really knowing what a normal relationship is i guess?

You're right. Her reaction to the Ito-sensei explaining a normal relationship confirms it.

One of the best episodes. Direction and writing are both top notch there.

It was pretty good, even I can tell how good this episode was, even the Koushien opening was sucking me in like a good old Adachi manga. I would put 34 together with it if it wasn't a two part disguised.

Sometimes you just have to accept the repetitive nature of GGG and patiently wait for crazy shit to happen again.

I was, and the next two episodes after that definitely made up for it.

GaoGaiGar - 39

Better add this episode to the list as well.

So we're introduced to new seven ugly-ass admins, and boy are these guys overpowered as hell, and they've got the competence to back it up. I mean good lord! They got inside the ship through an 0.02 mm hole and they're turning everybody on the ship (including the main force) into zombies. Ah well, Mamoru can probably purify em....right?

CorvoSol

For reals, though, guys. Gundam Build Fighters is the Mecha Anime of the year without the slightest hint of competition. This show has reminded me what good fights in Gundam are like.

jbug617

Banned
Witch Craft Works 7

I don't know what is going on. Best part of the episode
was the day from the other witches perspective.

For reals, though, guys. Gundam Build Fighters is the Mecha Anime of the year without the slightest hint of competition. This show has reminded me what good fights in Gundam are like.
I must disagree. Numerous missteps with the fights and lack of excitement in several episodes in 2014, as well as the awkward inclusion of forced romance hinder Gundam Build Fighters. Verily, this will easily let Fafner wear the crown for Mecha Anime of the Year of 2014.

Jintor

I must disagree. Numerous missteps with the fights and lack of excitement in several episodes in 2014, as well as the awkward inclusion of forced romance hinder Gundam Build Fighters. Verily, this will easily let Fafner wear the crown for Mecha Anime of the Year of 2014.

I think DTL's programming is breaking down. Forsooth!

wonzo

Banned
you just mad that aila's wreckin scrubs all over the place

D-Frag! 7

Damn, Kazama can be pretty cunning sometimes. Also the return of the dad and the son, aka the best side characters, was hilarious. They need their own series

Takao is still best girl.

Gazoinks

The story of the first Joe is fairly boring imho. It's much more serious than the second part.

Yeah, Johnathan is super boring. That being said, when I recommend the manga to people I tell them to read it anyway because it's short and makes the later parts have more impact. I haven't seen the anime though, so I don't know how the length compare.

cajunator

Banned
do you guys recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

hell yes.

Usagi Drop 2

iblviF1eFLmF7q.jpg

Its possible, though quite difficult to survive.

Narag

Yeah, Johnathan is super boring. That being said, when I recommend the manga to people I tell them to read it anyway because it's short and makes the later parts have more impact. I haven't seen the anime though, so I don't know how the length compare.

Phantom Blood is 9 eps and super fast paced.

Second arc was basically a bit more than half of the show. Aka like 4 episodes more. And well done imho, as the second one it's hilarious

though it almost crosses incest line

Gazoinks

Second arc was basically a bit more than half of the show. Aka like 4 episodes more. And well done imho, as the second one it's hilarious

though it almost crosses incest line
Joseph is one of the best protagonists in the series. Definitely the most fun.

My favorite part of that is that you look at early impressions and they're like "Oh man Lisa Lisa and Joseph are totally gonna hook up" and then you look later on and they're all "OH GOD EW".

GaoGaiGar - 40

Freaking scumbag Primeval taking the form of Kaidou's mom like that.

This is the second time I've seen characters who can reflect any projectile in an anime get defeated by sound.

So Mamoru's a Terran. Does that make the Primevals the Zurgs? lol

Joseph is one of the best protagonists in the series. Definitely the most fun.

My favorite part of that is that you look at early impressions and they're like "Oh man Lisa Lisa and Joseph are totally gonna hook up" and then you look later on and they're all "OH GOD EW".

The old switcheroo is really dangerous in Japan. Over here it'd be something like "she's old as hell!" in Japan? They go a step further.

Dresden

Phantom Blood is alright. It's no Battle Tendency, but it's a short, enjoyable shonen romp with a great villain (and familiarity with Dio is going to be pretty handy once Part 3 starts airing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom