• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really call Phantom Blood a necessary evil for anyone that would be in the franchise for the long haul. Not that it's bad or anything. Hell, the anime actually made it damn enjoyable compared to how bland and boring it was in the manga.

Skipping straight to Battle Tendency should only be a last resort, and even then it's good to go back to Phantom Blood after you know you like the series. It makes Stardust Crusaders better.

OceanBlue

Nice to know that Jojo's picks up after episode 9. I think I took a break at episode 7 and never felt like returning back to it. It'll be a good incentive for me.

Man I love this show.

Gundam Build Fighters 19

Nils: Dude we're just playing a game with toys.
Sei: OH FUCK YOU RIGHT IN YOUR SKULL DUDE I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU.

Sei's response is pretty much the only response a sane rational person can give when someone insults the honor of Gunpla.

Branduil

Phantom Blood is alright. It's no Battle Tendency, but it's a short, enjoyable shonen romp with a great villain (and familiarity with Dio is going to be pretty handy once Part 3 starts airing).

I think the problem is more the parts that don't have Dio.

Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl 180:
Man, being Kengo really is suffering. Even when he wins, he still loses. Obviously Hikari was never going to go with him, but you still feel bad for the guy. At least he managed to beat Satoshi, which I really didn't think was going to happen. But Satoshi probably needed a little bit of humility as Takeshi indicated. Takeshi giving Kengo love advice was unexpectedly hilarious.

The scenes with Mikan and Ohba were also good, although I wish that Mikan had put up a better showing in her battle. Still, nice to see a very old face showing back and having some extra continuity.

Narag

It still feels bogged down though, mostly because of how monotonous the setting and the Overdrive battle strategy are. It just lacks the spark of creativity that keeps Battle Tendency feeling fresh.

I can totally see this. I think Koyasu hamming it up and those Roundabout segues from the final scene into the ED kept me going though.

Nice to know that Jojo's picks up after episode 9. I think I took a break at episode 7 and never felt like returning back to it. It'll be a good incentive for me.

Goes from something that's conservative in retrospect to lovely unpredictable awesome.

Link Man

Banned
Isnt old in japan anything past 22?

I think it's anything past 25; they're referred to as Christmas Cakes, because nobody wants one after the 25th.

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway:

Higurashi 19

Holy wow, did not expect that.
I mean, yeah, they're identical twins, but I still didn't realize Shion was playing Mion in the second arc. It all makes sense now.

GaoGaiGar - 41

Hoooooolyyy crap what a battle.

First off, we have J being AMAZING, the ultimate power of rock n' roll being made as a laser, GaoGaiGar's Dividing Driver getting an upgrade, and J being even more amazing by RIPPING THE PRIMEVALS APART FROM THE INSIDE.

The only thing that could have made this episode more awesome would be J's robot combining with GaoGaiGar, but given everything that happened, I'm glad with what I got.

cajunator

Banned
I think it's anything past 25; they're referred to as Christmas Cakes, because nobody wants one after the 25th.

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway:

Higurashi 19

Holy wow, did not expect that.
I mean, yeah, they're identical twins, but I still didn't realize Shion was playing Mion in the second arc. It all makes sense now.

Yeah thats what it was. christmas cakes lol.

Man I love this show.

Gundam Build Fighters 19

Nils: Dude we're just playing a game with toys.
Sei: OH FUCK YOU RIGHT IN YOUR SKULL DUDE I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU.

Also, I kinda think Kirara is okay when she's not being an Idol.
Well kirara is kinda needed when felinini will
lose next match because aila is too much plot-armored
finally got caught up on Gundam Build Fighters
my love of Gundam has been officially reignited

Gundam build fighters is so awesome i can almost forgive sunrise for gundam age ....almost

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 3

Did you guys know they're friends?

Really though, this was probably my favorite episode so far and I'm interested to see what element he'll add to the show. Maybe he'll become the first dude Precure. The meltdowns from that would make it sooooooooooooo worth it.

No falling in love? Somebody forgot to tell Cure White and (to a lesser extent) Cure Sunny.

CorvoSol

I must disagree. Numerous missteps with the fights and lack of excitement in several episodes in 2014, as well as the awkward inclusion of forced romance hinder Gundam Build Fighters. Verily, this will easily let Fafner wear the crown for Mecha Anime of the Year of 2014.

Uh. Didn't Fafnir come out years and years ago? And which romance in Build Fighters is forced? Cuz Sei and China is cute, Reiji and Aila is cute, Maoh and what's her name and heck, even Nils and rich girl.

Sorry, DTL, I can't be bothered to remember 5th rate, trash heap mecha shows about good coupling and bad CGI.

Higurashi 20

Holy fuck.

HOLY FUCK.

brb, going to watch some Usagi Drop RIGHT NOW.

Isn't is magical?

cajunator

Banned
By the way, warch some Hidamari, Gjbu, Non non biyori, usagi drop, acchi kocchi...whatever hyper adorable thing you can find before episode 21. Just trust me.

jman2050

Uh. Didn't Fafnir come out years and years ago? And which romance in Build Fighters is forced? Cuz Sei and China is cute, Reiji and Aila is cute, Maoh and what's her name and heck, even Nils and rich girl.

Sorry, DTL, I can't be bothered to remember 5th rate, trash heap mecha shows about good coupling and bad CGI.

Arguing with DTL:

cK788BB.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura Trick - 06

Finally got some progress with Kaede and Yuzu. It was a small moment reflecting on their childhood but damn it it's something at least! Haruka and Yuu continue to melt my heart with their PDA, so sweet!

All we need now is to get the ball rolling with Kaede and Yuzu. Make it happen!

Articalys

The special merit winners from the 8th annual Seiyuu Awards were just announced:

http://seiyuawards.jp/201402/18130000.php
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-18/some-of-the-8th-annual-seiyu-award-winners-announced

Special Lifetime Achievement Award (for late actors and actresses, for contribution to many genres over their career)
Kenji Utsumi
Ryoko Kinomiya

Lifetime Achievement Award (same, but for living actors/actresses)
Keaton Yamada
Rokuro Naya

Kei Tomiyama Award (for the actor who "broadens the profession of voice acting" across all media)
Shinichiro Miki

Kazue Takahashi Award (for the actress who "broadens the profession of voice acting" across all media)
Kotono Mitsuishi

Synergy Award (for works that "maximize the appeal of voice-acting as a whole")
Girls und Panzer (to be accepted on the show's behalf by Mai Fuchigami) (awarded on the basis of the immense popularity the show has given the town of Oarai, especially after the area was affected by the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake)

The remainder of the awards -- the more "mainstream" stuff like Best Actor/Actress, Best Rookie Seiyuus, etc., will be announced at the end of the month.

cajunator

Banned

Isn't is magical?

Aila isnt cute, she is Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

fertygo

Sorry, DTL, I can't be bothered to remember 5th rate, trash heap mecha shows about good coupling and bad CGI.?

As long its a heterosexual relationship, its forced as hell for DTL

Btw Fafner is the most uninpiring work in any media ever, if you talking shit to RahXephon about originality or whatever, I can't imagine what you would talk about fafner.

Happiness Charge Precure 3

Did you guys know they're friends?

Really though, this was probably my favorite episode so far and I'm interested to see what element he'll add to the show. Maybe he'll become the first dude Precure. The meltdowns from that would make it sooooooooooooo worth it.

No falling in love? Somebody forgot to tell Cure White and (to a lesser extent) Cure Sunny.

I think you have that backwards...

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 3

i24JBWL2LvbJF.jpg

So cute!

Man, the emotions in this show are rather complex, it's a refreshing change from a lot of anime. Loved seeing the rest of the family warm up to Rin, melted my heart when she asked if she could come back sometime.

so out of the shows i've dropped which are worth catching up?

the 2 nobunaga shows,

buddy... cop? forget the name.

the witch show about getting white stuff from protag.

that generic ass looking magic battle show.

chuu2 s2

Narag

IIRC there's a new one coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom