• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Mahou Sensou 7

Episode of prophecies and of Takeshi confronting his zanpakutou Aspect.

Why have I not dropped this show yet.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 19

Because what we needed was for Ryuko to become less likable. Woooo. Hopefully she gets over her angst quickly.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, it was nice seeing an episode focused on the side characters being bros, since they'd been a bit neglected as characters over the last few episodes.

BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, MakoxGamagoori forever.

Strike Witches 2 - 1-12 END
501st + 1 31st: Shirley > Perrine > Gertrud > Minna > Hanna > Sakamoto > Lynette > Yoshika > Eila = Lucchini > Erica > Sanya
Sogood.gif, I'm going to blame this on my influence! Cajun gon' be mad though.
Yup youre trying to murder my heart. But its oki I still love you.
also I watched an episode of Strike Witches 2 yesterday. The new witch is a cutie.
Hanna is a hotty, yes!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 19:

Really glad this series has righted itself in these latter stages.
Wasn't expecting the time skip, but hey it was used to advance the story, which puts it over Sword Art Online's abuse of storytelling. At any rate, Satsuki's rebellion has failed, her empire absorbed by COVERS, her forces scattered and now she is an abused prisoner. Also, yea, the groping and spanking is not fanservice. It is rather apparent that this is a very warped take on motherly affection and is designed to make us feel squiky. Also, Ragyo is the villain, trashing the morality of the villain of a work kind of misses the point of this situation. Anyway, Ryuko spends most of the episode in traction until she wakes up pissed at all the racket. You know what, for fuck sakes we are going to do this Ryuko won't wear Senkestu bullshit again??? Also, everybody this episode seemed to be talking in the language of exposition and that needs to stop now. Also, I see the shipping wars are getting stronger. Glad Nonnon called Ira out on that, I like her deadpan snarking. I suppose this also clears the way for Nonon-Satsuki now as well.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 15

This was a really good episode, guys. I mean, there was no fight, which broke the formula, and the episode completely focused on the interactions and break down of two characters. There was some good tension as the bad guys began to make their move, but for the most part it was all about Mizuno and the problems she's facing, and I think the episode worked out pretty well. I understand at some point things go south in this show, but so far I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Nagi no Asukara 20
A very melodramatic episode and
a surprise awakening Manaka. Thought she was going to stay asleep for at least another episode and wanted her to sleep until Miuna and Hikari got together

Just watched Golden Boy for the 5th time (over 4 years) and its still funny. I can't think of any other anime I have re-watched so many times. What about you guys/gals? Whats the name of the anime you've watched the greatest number of times?

jman2050

Just watched Golden Boy for the 5th time (over 4 years) and its still funny. I can't think of any other anime I have re-watched so many times. What about you guys/gals? Whats the name of the anime you've watched the greatest number of times?

When I was younger I'd rewatch everything they showed on Toonami, though of course those aren't exactly the same circumstances you're talking about.

As for more recent stuff, I'm not sure whether I've rewatched Toradora or Madoka more often, it's kind of a toss up now that I think about it.

I've also watched select episodes of SZS many many times, but not really the whole show at once.

CorvoSol

Kill la Kill 19

Am I the only one to notice that
Mrs. Mankanshoku's eyes never leave Sexy Sensei's dick light the whole time they're on screen together?

Dresden

klk 19 -

bunch of amusing scenes out of the side characters

fuck ryuko

Kill la Kill 19

Mrs. Mankanshoku's eyes never leave Sexy Sensei's dick light the whole time they're on screen together?

It's really hard to miss.

cajunator

Banned
Sogood.gif, I'm going to blame this on my influence! Cajun gon' be mad though.

Hanna is a hotty, yes!

it wasnt her. This was episode 1.

Probably Gunsmith Cats or Nukunuku. A hundred times at least. No exaggeration.

Dresden

Kill La Kill is the heart warming story of a giant's efforts to wed a hobbit, guys.

s8dKpjF.png

Dresden

Wait, there's a love triangle in Desolation? The first Hobbit movie was so bad I've ignored the second altogether.

How is there a love triangle in a fucking Hobbit movie?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wait, there's a love triangle in Desolation? The first Hobbit movie was so bad I've ignored the second altogether.

Because Hollywood thinks if you don't have these elements in place the female demographic isn't going to watch the Hobbit movie.

Kill la Kill 19

I noticed too

Kill La Kill 19

Because you know, we need more evidence of the GamagoorixMako shipping.

Ryuko doing something unlikable at this point is like a tradition of how much of a shit she is.

Everyone had one job, and Gamagoori only succeeded in protecting his ship.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 19

Oh man, I'm still losing my shit at
Koko's failed attempt to CLIMB THE STAIRS OF ADULTHOOD with Banri
. :looooooool

Also,
I'm still not sure how I feel about all of the show's drama being focused on the supporting cast now. The big love triangle between Mitsuo, Chinami, and Linda just isn't as interesting as Koko and Banri's relationship. Especially now that we know that Banri's whole reason for not telling Mitsuo about his past is basically "LOL I DUNNO". I mean, I still love the show and the supporting cast, but I don't feel as invested in this story as I am with Banri and Koko's

Midonin

Golden Time 19

The Eiffel Tower, when used improperly to set the mood, can result in injuries during sex. Please use caution. The reunion was sweet, and all the stuff with Linda does add a few new wrinkles to this. It's hard to get rid of the past when the past has been by your side the whole time. Banri really does need to sit everyone down and explain to them exactly what's going on here. Though even arranging that would be a task.

jman2050

Golden Time 19

Poor Banri, he's about to get his freak on and then
indigestion
ruins everything. Better luck next time!

So last episode, he falls down, hallucinates his past self on the bridge where he lost his memory, and in this episode
he responds by immediately seeing his doctor and explaining everything that happened in hopes of some sort of treatment or explanation.
Are we sure these are anime characters we're dealing with, because that is way too levelheaded and reasonable a response for anime.

So I was right that
Banri and Linda's past relationship might end up posing a problem to Mitsuo, if only for his peace of mind, I have hope that everything will be resolved without too much trouble. Then again, we still need an endgame.

Also
dat Chinami at the end. Problems are abrewing.

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill - 19

Fucking awesome episode. Really loved the turn of events this week, and a perfect mix of intrigue, somber atmosphere, and fighting spirit.
The VA-work for Ryuuko at the end was really intense, and i'm consistently pleasured by how good all of it has been this whole journey. They really sell it well. I like how they forged new blades of of Byakuzan and DAT NONNON NUDIST BEACH OUTFIT YEAAAHHHHH.

All the side gags were great too. That one little kid with the chainsaw cutting into the pig's head in the sewer-type areas was hilarious. The mom looking at sensei's penis was funny. Gama-chan's changing sizes again, everything.

I'd say Ryuuko's personality change was very justified, but I do hope it doesn't last too long. It seems that she's able to use more of her life fiber powers without Senketsu now, which begs the question of how far will they go on their own, considering her realizations. Since the Osaka raid we've seen this process begin.

Ragyo showing her dominance over Satsuki was also pretty great too. I wonder what they were talking about (I can't recall the name atm), unless of course it's that giant COVER that Nui is making. I also wonder why Satsuki (and her rage) has to be integral to it.

Great fucking episode.

Super-excited to see how these next episodes wrap up.

OTP OTP OTP OTP based TRIGGER GODS.

CorvoSol

Awesome Fan Art is a way of life.

Lord of the Rings had one. And that one Tolkien himself penned.
Who am I kidding the Tauriel Kili thing was just baaaaaaaad. Legolas saying Gimli was ugly years before meeting him was a good joke, though.

Thoraxes

Golden Time 19

Poor Banri, he's about to get his freak on and then
indigestion
ruins everything. Better luck next time!

So last episode, he falls down, hallucinates his past self on the bridge where he lost his memory, and in this episode
he responds by immediately seeing his doctor and explaining everything that happened in hopes of some sort of treatment or explanation.
Are we sure these are anime characters we're dealing with, because that is way too levelheaded and reasonable a response for anime.

So I was right that
Banri and Linda's past relationship might end up posing a problem to Mitsuo, if only for his peace of mind, I have hope that everything will be resolved without too much trouble. Then again, we still need an endgame.

Also
dat Chinami at the end. Problems are abrewing.

I clicked this just to make sure it wasn't Ghost Banri you were spoiling. I was gonna flip a table if it was.

AnimeGAF is the weirdest place to gossip about Final Fantasy mods.
lol

Midonin

Magical Warfare 07

Dream logic can be pretty wonky already, but some of the things required to keep magic in touch and go into dreams for is kind of odd this episode. Not that it doesn't make sense, it's just... odd. And this ended up being a dream episode, a beach episode for a few minutes, and a Valentine's episode all at different times. There's a lot going on, but it all still feels like it's missing something to tie it altogether.
At least I know who the girl in the OP is. The human form of Twilight. Twilights are rarely good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom