• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log Horizen 1-8

Okay so here's the thing. People kept telling me this is nothing like SAO. But it's exactly like SAO. The only difference is that the characters don't have the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head. A real problem actually presented itself in the last few episodes and it's getting interesting. I am still quite confused about this whole "Apocolypse" thing but now the show seems to be hitting it's stride. The MC was a pansy at first but now he finally seems to be coming around. I really dig the analytical type so it's fun to see his strategies play out.

I usually have a lot more to say about shows in their first 8 episodes but I feel like so little has happened that there isn't much to talk about. I am intrigued but not as much as I am with KLK, Golden Time and Engaged to the Unidentified this season.

CorvoSol

Higurashi Kai 2

There was a time when I hated these people and felt all of them deserved to die, but as this goes on, I've kind of come to have pity on them for their miserable fate. Seeing them happy and knowing what must happen after is really sad. That they seem to be slowly learning, though, gives some hope.
In this, World 5, Shion has made good on her promise to take care of Satoko. Keichii has learned to trust his friends, and Satoko is beginning to remember things.

At the moment it occurs to me that if
Takano Miyo
were in fact the true villain, it would explain a good deal of things to me.

Angel Beats - 1

Uhhhhh....Okay.

I'm just as lost as to what's going on as the main character is. Perhaps that was the point? Some of the jokes here kind of fell flat on their face while others I'll admit made me chuckle.

Seriously, when
that hammer came out from the ceiling I opened up a new tab and played the Looney Tunes outro music. Because that's what I felt like I was watching at that point.

Yeah the first episode does a crap job of pulling you in. Actually when I first watched the series I dropped it 15 minutes into the first episode. Then I remembered my 3 episode rule and finished the first episode and the next two. That's when I got pulled in.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizen 1-8

Okay so here's the thing. People kept telling me this is nothing like SAO. But it's exactly like SAO. The only difference is that the characters don't have the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head. A real problem actually presented itself in the last few episodes and it's getting interesting. I am still quite confused about this whole "Apocolypse" thing but now the show seems to be hitting it's stride. The MC was a pansy at first but now he finally seems to be coming around. I really dig the analytical type so it's fun to see his strategies play out.

Give it time, you will see how different the two shows really are soon enough.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 7:

Well, that went into some strange areas, but other then that this still manages to keep me amused for the week.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 19

Yeah, the GamagoorixMako is strong in this episode. It's so beautiful *sheds a single tear*

The "one month later" made me do a double-take, but I like the way the narrative is going. Gotta sink as low as possible before rising up and snatching glorious victory from the jaws of defeat.

And the two sisters both got crazy badass moments at the end of this episode. Ryuuko's awakening was so great that I don't even care if she's stuck in self-loathing mode now. I'm sure she'll get over it. And Satsuki's post-credit scene...she's so badass even her toenail is awesome. How does that I don't even.

Tobe

qq guys, i wanna watch evangelion. i had many chances but was never really that into it. i want to give it a try, whats the best way to watch it. start with the anime? are the movies after them cause i read that they were a reboot to the series. where should i start? (eventually ill read the manga, but i want to watch it first)

OceanBlue

Log Horizen 1-8

I usually have a lot more to say about shows in their first 8 episodes but I feel like so little has happened that there isn't much to talk about. I am intrigued but not as much as I am with KLK, Golden Time and Engaged to the Unidentified this season.

I assume they meant that the setting was similar to Sword Art Online, but the way it handles and approaches its setting is different. Anyway, it kinda starts off slow (well, I didn't think so, but compared to how it is now it was kinda slow), but most of the people I know who are watching this really enjoy it, so I hope you warm up to it more too.

survivor

Banned
Wait, there's a love triangle in Desolation? The first Hobbit movie was so bad I've ignored the second altogether.

How is there a love triangle in a fucking Hobbit movie?

I have no fucking idea what compelled Jackson to do this. The entire way he handled The Hobbit has been very disappointing.

Gintama 190

RULES OF NATURE

Man... Gin and Katsura as cats? Kondo as a Gorilla? What can go wrong? Because I'm not sure yet given the circumstances here.

Stop stealing shows Katsura.

DON'T FEED CATS MAYO, YOU SHIT

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 19

Holy shit @ "one month later". Going straight into full-on post-apocalyptic mode (basically). Dat MakoxGamagoori OTP. And look, Ryuko's back in self-loathing mode. Ah well, I'm sure it'll pass. Also it's so odd seeing the Elite Four working side-by-side with Nudist Beach. Odd, but awesome.

Golden Time 19

Okachi Nami!!!! I still crack up at how Koko separated her name wrong in one of the earlier eps. But I think Koko would be cool with how Banri and Linda were interacting. Chinami was just unaware of how much Koko knows, as well as what kind of past the two of them have.

And LOL @ swallowing the vomit!

Nagi no Asukara: Nagi-Asu Lull in the Sea Episode 20
Bg7uf9ECMAAXLCg.png

He made me laugh way more than I expected too, tripped and even did a full flip into Hikari, lol, and then recorded on the tape even. Best shota.

Tsumugu this arc is starting to be more developed, personable, and emotional even, like it a lot.

wish that she stayed sleep, Id have to side with Tsumugu and Miuna on that one, Id probably feel the same way if I were them, especially if I were in there and in love with Hikari too

Naruto Shippuden 351

Sad Kakashi still taking forefront but at least we saw some development between him, Yamato, and Hiruzen.

Danzo scared face was nice to see.

Jex

[KLK] - 19

Not only is Ryuko the worst, but she's worse than ever! Why is this show cursed with such a bad main character? Oh yes, because of the writing.

cajunator

Banned
qq guys, i wanna watch evangelion. i had many chances but was never really that into it. i want to give it a try, whats the best way to watch it. start with the anime? are the movies after them cause i read that they were a reboot to the series. where should i start? (eventually ill read the manga, but i want to watch it first)

Avoid the reboot/movies. Watch the platinum version of the series.

Jex

I almost want to say they're making Ryuko as garbage as possible to highlight how Satsuki is the secret real main character but I know that's not the case at all. More angsty bullshit that will get reverted almost immediately please.

The main series and the End of Evangelion movie are all you need right now.

Pupa 7

So this counts as an
incest baby
, right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I almost want to say they're making Ryuko as garbage as possible to highlight how Satsuki is the secret real main character but I know that's not the case at all. More angsty bullshit that will get reverted almost immediately please.
You're being angsty about someone else being angsty on purpose right?

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 19

...Well, that "Night in Paris" didn't go exactly as planned XD

But yeah, I think Banri really does need to just tell his friends what's going on at some point soon. The misunderstandings are only going to keep getting worse if he keeps it a secret.

BluWacky

I have no fucking idea what compelled Jackson to do this.

Money! Money compelled him to make two films. Then money compelled him to make three. So money compelled him to pad them out with ridiculous Hollywood tropes!

Note: I have seen precisely one of Jackson's Middle Earth films, so may not be best placed to comment.

Kill la Kill

MakoxGamagoori OTP.

I hope Satuski escapes, I hate how Kiryuin always seems to be using(abusing) her. If it takes the cliched root and makes Satsuki go evil, only to have Matoi save her I will be disappointed.

survivor

Banned
Money! Money compelled him to make two films. Then money compelled him to make three. So money compelled him to pad them out with ridiculous Hollywood tropes!

Note: I have seen precisely one of Jackson's Middle Earth films, so may not be best placed to comment.

Well yeah, money made him add all the filler content which has been mostly crappy action scenes and what not. It's just that the love triangle was really bad and forced.

I have no fucking idea what compelled Jackson to do this. The entire way he handled The Hobbit has been very disappointing.

The Hobbit suddenly getting an NTR storyline was bizarre. Then again, a lot of Desolation was similarly weird. Why did we get so much time focused on the politics of Lake-town?

Dresden

It's interracial at that

if the elves were brown, Jackson would be redeemed

Well yeah, money made him add all the filler content which has been mostly crappy action scenes and what not. It's just that the love triangle was really bad and forced.

I don't think it's about the money. Even if they wanted three movies, it didn't mean that each of the movies had to be three+ hours long. It's all just really indulgent lore-expanding/fanfic writing.

Golden Time 19
No question about it Koko is the best girl, dat
eiffel tower and indigestion
was amazing.
Those that predicted shit would go down with Mitsuo and Banri seem to be right. Was surprised Oka called Banri out, though I could chalk it up to her not wanting to see her friends get hurt.

Hope the show focuses more on Koko and Banri's relationship though, I need more Koko

I feel as if the
indigestion
thing has happened to me before.

Easily best girl though, as you say. I don't think Oka overheard their conversation as much as she saw how lively the two of them were together. Explaining the situation would easy any tension between them though I think. Koko and Banri were super cute at the start of the episode though. :3

Chuunibyou Ren 7
Actually kind of cute episode. I liked how Dekomori cared about what Nibutani was calling her about. Rikka was actually cute too especially at the end

wonzo

Banned
new shinkai short

Just watch the TV series with the DC eps and then watch End of Evangelion.

Rebuild movies are garbage.

jman2050

Oh right there was that other show.

Mikakunin 7

New character is pretty funny
although the ending is getting my "love triangle" senses tingling

I've warmed up to Hakuya a lot. He's kind of nondescript and yet managed to be the focal point of some funny gags this episode. Really enjoyed him and Kobeni pulling their best Inu Yasha impression.

Mashiro is still super adorable, sky is blue.

E: And the top post to the last three pages are my impressions to shows, how weird.
Not a word from you hundredphiles

Mature

I'll repeat everyone's sentiments about the TV series and EoE being essential, but the Rebuild movies are a lot of fun if you don't go in expecting as much.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Episodes 6-10

I got back into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure after putting it on hold since November. Part 1 had a pretty cool ending, and I'm really enjoying part 2 more then part 1 at the moment. Joseph is a huge step up from Johnathan. Joseph encounters the enemy, and you expect him to pull off a rippel. He
pulls out a Tommy Machine Gun
, lol.

Will definitely keep watching.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 3

Tsubomi and Erika make the bestest friends, and Erika makes a wonderful Precure.

Also, poor football-mad Sayaka. She clearly picked the wrong world to be born into. Should've been in Inazuma instead.

Link Man

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer! 13

ibhybzB1CjlHWT.jpg

Kind of disappointed that they ended the show there, seemed like there was more story on the Ente Isla side of things. I'm guessing it didn't do well in the ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom